stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
exlaxer wrote:Cousin Swilly - what is the drinking window on these? Meaning, beyond October?

The '12's showing beautifully now. I don't know that it will be a 3-5 year wine, no experience.

stillmanbrown

cortot20 wrote:Stillman, having recently suffered an eye injury will the shell serve as an appropriate eye patch and if I drink enough of the wine will I appear to have two eyes again? I know your not a doctor but you know things.

Yes, but the itty bitty holes are off center.

stillmanbrown

North316 wrote:I'm going to guess because Stillman doesn't like to clutter his labels. He doesn't even like labels to begin with.

Correction - I don't like LEGAL labels. But if you want the wild Osama Bin Disney stuff, get on my email list.

stillmanbrown

InFrom wrote:Another good trend is the prevalence of wineries that manage to find a way to accommodate Wooters in no-ship states -- maybe Stillman will want to get out ahead of the pack?

My no-ship states are North Korea, Iran, and Chad. Email me. stillmanbATaol.com

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
stillmanbrown wrote:First vintage had some SB in it that wasn't from Twin Coyote, over 5% (vineyard designate is 95%). And the label was approved even though TTB doesn't list Verdejo as an 'approved' variety yet. If I only change the vintage and the alcohol % (and that alcohol % is in the same tax class, in this case 11-14%) I don't have to resubmit the label to them. And they were running slow even before the COMPLETE SHUTDOWN OF ALL GOVERNMENT SERVICES this week.

Pesky governmental impediments; but clearly this in all other aspects is worthy of said exaltation.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:FWIW, last week we had a bottle of what is likely a very similar wine from Spain, from a producer that concentrates on the local varietal, Verdejo. Lovely bright acidity, nice citrus nose and palate. Stillman is known for well-made wines. If his is as authentic in style as the comments suggest, I'd consider this a good opportunity to check out a really fine white wine. Wish I could get my hands on some to compare.

Should I order some for you in my order?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

stillmanbrown wrote:The '12's showing beautifully now. I don't know that it will be a 3-5 year wine, no experience.

Have to have my bottle of 2012 soon. After FedEx dropped my shipment of the Viognier, Woot was short a bottle to replace the order. So they threw in a Verdejo, and a Grenache Blanc. And someone else's random white. Now I know how good that Verdejo will taste.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
neilfindswine wrote:Whoa...I think there's a glitch in the matrix!

lol,
do I get a quality post?

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
fredrinaldi wrote:lol,
do I get a quality post?

Fred, I would give you one!!! This is a shocking change from the norm!!

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday
stillmanbrown wrote:Did I say I didn't ship to Kansas? Ahem.

He/she is likely referring to the current wine.woot shipping limitations, which can be read about in the World of Woot thread about it, or pretty much every wine offering over the past few weeks. ;)

Kainc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc

So just ordered one, and phoned a friend who has shared this with me in the recent past. He insisted on 4 bottles, it's good stuff, duh. So my problem now is can I double the order without making a whole new order. Hello woot?

polarbear22

Kainc wrote:So just ordered one, and phoned a friend who has shared this with me in the recent past. He insisted on 4 bottles, it's good stuff, duh. So my problem now is can I double the order without making a whole new order. Hello woot?

From what I have read, the only thing is to make another order. Service no longer increases orders, and likely wouldn't reply in time anyway.

My Cellar

Kainc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc
polarbear22 wrote:From what I have read, the only thing is to make another order. Service no longer increases orders, and likely wouldn't reply in time anyway.

Thanks"

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

Day three:
Stored overnight upright with a Zork in a domestic frig @ ~40F, standard atmosphere.

Took this over to a workmates house a couple blocks away and tasted with three other wines. Some of the Radog Riesling and a couple of WineSmith PN's, '07 and '08; this first.

Agreement on the floral nose, melon, lemon grass and citrus, all carrying through to the palate. For Ed commented on the perceived fruit and sweetness as did his SWMBO. He liked the the acidity, but it was a bit much for her. She preferred the Riesling to the Verdejo, but she also is quite sensitive to acid/tartness. For me, this seemed diminished over the prior days tasting, and I was getting a much fuller, rounder mouth than day one or two.
SWMBO her commented on tart green apple that appeared since yesterday, but found this quite to her liking.

A solid bottle from Stillman and I already picked up a woot. Intend to drink some now and some in the future...

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Should I order some for you in my order?

Out all evening with a dance lesson and dinner. Did you place your order yet? If not, you could do that. Otherwise, it looks like Stillman will handle it.
Thanks.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
Kainc wrote:So just ordered one, and phoned a friend who has shared this with me in the recent past. He insisted on 4 bottles, it's good stuff, duh. So my problem now is can I double the order without making a whole new order. Hello woot?

A little late now...but here's a link on how to cancel your own order, for future reference.

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/order-cancellation-you-can-do-it-now-if-you-must

In summary, you can only cancel your order within 15 minutes of placing it; except, no self cancelling privledges offered during wootoffs and expedited shipping orders.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Sorry for the late reply.

Member ajrod27's post above is very helpful in cancelling orders. There is a 15 minute window for doing so.

If it's too late (as it is now) you can always email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help facilitate the process.

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:Out all evening with a dance lesson and dinner. Did you place your order yet? If not, you could do that. Otherwise, it looks like Stillman will handle it.
Thanks.

I did not. Glad that you are covered. I think you'll like it.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Stillman Brown!!

Happy Birthday to Stillman Brown!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.