Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

Fyi.. cellartracker is down due to hardware issues.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

I wanna go home. I don't wanna be in school. Need time to get stuff done!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:I wanna go home. I don't wanna be in school. Need time to get stuff done!

Hang in there -- it's just a few more hours. Then you can go home and drink -- I mean, get things done! Yeah, that's the ticket!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:Furlough.

Then you should have plenty of time to hang out here, posting innocuous things!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Then you should have plenty of time to hang out here, posting innocuous things!

I was referring to a furlough from the boards, not that government non-sense. I could use a furlough though, this is my busiest time of year.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

It appears that ever since moving in here, I've found considerably less time for doing things like hang around on the Pub. Which is ironic since that's how we met

But still - it's Friday and there's only two pages? Slackers.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

That government nonsense has me in a foul mood, and if you don't have anything nice to say...

cheron98

chemvictim wrote:That government nonsense has me in a foul mood, and if you don't have anything nice to say...

Let loose and rant about everything?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
Cesare wrote:Fyi.. cellartracker is down due to hardware issues.

Appears to be back up, so you can again manage your acquired duties.
Good reason I keep a downloaded spreadsheet, and also for when the interwebz don't.

CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:I was referring to a furlough from the boards, not that government non-sense. I could use a furlough though, this is my busiest time of year.

See, that's what happens when you use the wrong word. Furlough implied that someone has temporarily sent you away. We would never do that! Unless of course you were the one who tattled on the NSFW link! Then you are banned I say!

Now if you had said you were on a "break" from the Pub, that would have been understandable. Unless of course, you slept with that special team Chloe from the copy center.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:It appears that ever since moving in here, I've found considerably less time for doing things like hang around on the Pub. Which is ironic since that's how we met

But still - it's Friday and there's only two pages? Slackers.

Well, you do have all those new wifely duties, right?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Let loose and rant about everything?

That's what the Poli-Ticks thread is for!

MarkDaSpark

Son of a .... Brandini Toffee is the Wine.Woot Plus offer. There goes the budget!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:Son of a .... Brandini Toffee is the Wine.Woot Plus offer. There goes the budget!

You have a budget???

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

tytiger58 wrote:You have a budget???

Sssshhhh! People are jealous enough, have to have something, even a pretend budget! Oh wait, did I say that out loud?

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

new plus deal... 4 of your favorite recent woot cellars...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sssshhhh! People are jealous enough, have to have something, even a pretend budget! Oh wait, did I say that out loud?

I have a pretend budget... Mr. Mommadeb tells me my budget.. and I pretend to listen to what it is!

mommadeb1

LOOONNNGGG week at school... the silly games people were playing continued thru the whole week....I can't believe how some people act!!!! the good thing that came out of this is I found out how many true friends I have at work... they way this one person is acting, would impress bowtie!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I have a pretend budget... Mr. Mommadeb tells me my budget.. and I pretend to listen to what it is!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

A new "healthy" food device arrived at the house yesterday: a Dash Go Yogurt Maker!
Fortunately, my DH used a Groupon for this and got it for about 1/2 price! It will make one quart of yogurt at a time by using 5 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt as the starter. One can make regular or Greek yogurt with it, but one has to use cheesecloth to strain the Greek yogurt. And, the best thing is that you don't have all of those extra sugars and additional preservatives in the yogurt! It's worth a try--might even save a few dollars by the end of the year!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:A new "healthy" food device arrived at the house yesterday: a Dash Go Yogurt Maker!
Fortunately, my DH used a Groupon for this and got it for about 1/2 price! It will make one quart of yogurt at a time by using 5 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt as the starter. One can make regular or Greek yogurt with it, but one has to use cheesecloth to strain the Greek yogurt. And, the best thing is that you don't have all of those extra sugars and additional preservatives in the yogurt! It's worth a try--might even save a few dollars by the end of the year!

we used to make our own yogurt... don't know why we stopped...

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:we used to make our own yogurt... don't know why we stopped...

I've done it a few times....just need a heat blanket and a non-reactive pot. 85 F or so will usually do.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

InFrom

klezman wrote:I've done it a few times....just need a heat blanket and a non-reactive pot. 85 F or so will usually do.

InFrom

klezman wrote:I've done it a few times....just need a heat blanket and a non-reactive pot. 85 F or so will usually do.

InFrom

InFrom wrote:

Connectivity problems. Never mind

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

All this baby talk is so sweet- brings back memories of my kids. But I am a first time grandma now with a 3 yr old grandson who does not want to use the potty! He's too old! So folks, start 'em young. Just some sage advice!,

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Hola Pub Peeps! So the In laws are in town and they appreciate good wine. I opened the only Merlot I had which was a Ty Caton 2004. Holy smokes. I have them spoiled for life now. Deep, lush and delicious. I had half a glass this morning before I went to bed. hmmm.. went right to sleep.

Tonight I opened a 2005 Field Blend, Cab, Petite Syrah, Merlot and a touch of Malbec. A little rough at first but it opened up beatifully after 20 minutes or so. Only wanted to have a glass, but wound up being 2.

All happy and feeling the love now. Hope you are all having a lovely evening!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:we used to make our own yogurt... don't know why we stopped...

Because it takes forever? kinda why I stopped. Made good yogurt tho.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, you do have all those new wifely duties, right?

I'm not entirely sure how he survived before me

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:I'm not entirely sure how he survived before me

bachelors just manage...
guess it's a guy thing.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I'm not entirely sure how he survived before me

Mostly on the kindness of strangers. And the Feed HaK thread.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Stillman Brown!!

Happy Birthday to Stillman Brown!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Anyone else having trouble accessing CellarTracker?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

My ipod of almost 8 years has finally bit the dust. It makes a clicking sound when i connect it to a charger and the people at apple just told me that I can get a new one for over $200. Yeah no. I'm looking at Sansa mp3 players for now, mostly because I happen to have bunch of charging cables from woot, and because I'm sick of using itunes. Anyone use sansa mp3 players and what are peoples opinions? Or any better suggestions? No apple products

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing CellarTracker?

From twitter around 09:00, no additional updates posted since:

Eric LeVine ‏@cellartracker

Sorry, CellarTracker is down again. Related to the issues on Friday. Working on it actively.

CT

polarbear22

rjquillin wrote:From twitter around 09:00, no additional updates posted since:

Eric LeVine ‏@cellartracker

Sorry, CellarTracker is down again. Related to the issues on Friday. Working on it actively.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. Besides, the pub needed a little action.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

tiger7610 wrote:My ipod of almost 8 years has finally bit the dust. It makes a clicking sound when i connect it to a charger and the people at apple just told me that I can get a new one for over $200. Yeah no. I'm looking at Sansa mp3 players for now, mostly because I happen to have bunch of charging cables from woot, and because I'm sick of using itunes. Anyone use sansa mp3 players and what are peoples opinions? Or any better suggestions? No apple products

I have a Sansa as back up. MP3 takes up more space it seems. But I can use mini-SD cards, so easy to have lots of capacity. Charge seems good. Takes a little longer to load. Overall, pretty satisfactory.

My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Can you play songs on random, or would it play one after another? Like can I shuffle the playlists? How easy is it to add songs/make playlists? Also audiobooks?

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

CellarTracker is currently experiencing an outage.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and are working our hardest to resolve this as quickly as possible. For the latest updates, please follow us on Facebook.
Update as of: October 6, 2013 - 2:30PM PDT
We've experienced a failure in our storage infrastructure which, even with our redundancies in place, has taken the site offline. We are working hard to rebuild our storage and bring the site back online. At the moment, our ETA is Monday, October 7, 2013, although it is possible we may have things running sooner. Additional updates will be provided as information is available.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:Can you play songs on random, or would it play one after another? Like can I shuffle the playlists? How easy is it to add songs/make playlists? Also audiobooks?

I use one from years ago, 8gb plus another 8gb on the microSD card. Just picked up another one since the older one acted up for a bit, just before a trip.

The older one I use with Windows Media Player, and it transfers songs and playlists over fine. And it shuffles songs (so yes on random). Not sure about audiobooks, since I haven't used them.

I think the newer one does allow audiobooks, but not sure how. Not sure about shuffling playlists, haven't tried that either.

Edit: Sorry, meant to use GB not MB.