chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
Winedavid39 wrote:truncated good time (state list..)

now the lunch where we tasted your wines? very good times indeed.


I can still taste those chocolate ganache cupcakes... paired with some Mother Clone Zin or Four Grapes Port... heavenly!

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Ed and the folks at Pedroncelli are first rate as you can see by their customer service here. And they can throw one h3ll of a lunch in the barrel room - great times!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

gtcharlie


quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie

Last wooter to woot:gtcharlie

Well just got around to checking woot today and lo and behold it is Pedroncilli time. Thank goodness. Using my $10 coupon from the So Be It Pinot mix up makes this the QPR of all QPr's. Time to open a bottle of something good and put this week to rest.

emccarl


quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

Another reason why Pedroncelli = QPR!

I was strolling through my favorite wine store the other day, and I came upon a bottle of Pedroncelli 2012 East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc. The price was $8.99! I purchased the bottle of Pedroncelli instead of the Kim Crawford SB that I've enjoyed in the past ($12.95).

I put the bottle in the fridge, and brought it out the next evening to drink with take out Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. The wine was GREAT! I actually enjoyed it more than the Kim Crawford. Also, the bottle had a new label on it, which looked cool.

I've purchased several cases of Pedroncelli over the past years, and their wine has ALWAYS exceeded other comparably priced wines. There's not a better value winery than Pedroncelli!

I'm certain this blend will be yummy. I'm definitely in for at least 1.

valed1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages valed1
mnimmer wrote:Why won't you ship to Wisconsin now? I ordered from WOOT and received wine a month ago.



It is curious that Georgia is not on the list either. I ordered some Pedroncelli not too long ago as well. Sent an email to Ed @ Pedroncelli.

brucedoesbms


quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

I've had this wine before... Before Stelvin caps... and it was adequate THEN... but now?... Not so sure... .

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
brucedoesbms wrote:I've had this wine before... Before Stelvin caps... and it was adequate THEN... but now?... Not so sure... .


Pretty sure this is a new release wine, as in no previous vintages.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
InFrom wrote:And highly silly sense of humor! I love reading the comments during a Pedroncelli sale, even when I'm not buying. (Um, don't tell Ed I sometimes don't buy Pedroncelli offers...)



#fail

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
brucedoesbms wrote:I've had this wine before... Before Stelvin caps... and it was adequate THEN... but now?... Not so sure... .



Yeah? No. This is the first vintage of this wine. We've never done one anything like this before. Cork? Nope. It's good though! enjoy.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
chipgreen wrote:I can still taste those chocolate ganache cupcakes... paired with some Mother Clone Zin or Four Grapes Port... heavenly!



Oh, you should have had the plum sorbet Maureen made last month. Ammmmmmmazing!

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
jhkey wrote:Ed and the folks at Pedroncelli are first rate as you can see by their customer service here. And they can throw one h3ll of a lunch in the barrel room - great times!



Just had our annual "beef and bocce:" party for our distributors last month. It was just a practice run for the next RPM Tour!

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
Winedavid39 wrote:truncated good time (state list..)

now the lunch where we tasted your wines? very good times indeed.



good times in deed. the best part about this business. the friends we meet along the way!

brucedoesbms


quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Yeah? No. This is the first vintage of this wine. We've never done one anything like this before. Cork? Nope. It's good though! enjoy.



I apologize for not clarifying my comment adequately... What I meant to say was that I have enjoyed your offerings immensely in the past when they were presented with the traditional cork closure... however, my experiences with Stelvin caps has been mixed, at best, and have found them to be not wholly reliable from a storage and longevity standpoint... I guess the trend now is to produce quickly, drink quickly, and let's not worry so much about the Future... .

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
brucedoesbms wrote:I apologize for not clarifying my comment adequately... What I meant to say was that I have enjoyed your offerings immensely in the past when they were presented with the traditional cork closure... however, my experiences with Stelvin caps has been mixed, at best, and have found them to be not wholly reliable from a storage and longevity standpoint... I guess the trend now is to produce quickly, drink quickly, and let's not worry so much about the Future... .


Great! I'm glad you've enjoyed our wines.
This one is all about instant gratification. "aged from the fridge to the glass" kind of wine. I really like the stelvin on this wine. It makes it easy to get to quickly! ;)

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Just had our annual "beef and bocce:" party for our distributors last month. It was just a practice run for the next RPM Tour!

^^^^^^^^
! THIS !

Ed, you were talking about actually making library wines available at some time in the future. Any progress?

CT

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
rjquillin wrote:^^^^^^^^
! THIS !

Ed, you were talking about actually making library wines available at some time in the future. Any progress?



keep an eye on our website. I just discussed this with Jim this morning.

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Ed, thanks again for making this available to us NY-ers during The Great Drought. We cracked open a bottle this evening with dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had a delightful, floral nose (as do I, coincidentally, long story), the kind I usually associate with Riesling. It sure did go down easy with dinner -- it was gone before we knew it! Also, the label is pretty.

woopdedoo wrote:...
Now it is more on the flavor profile of the first Triacipedis - but maybe a tad less sweet...


This.