mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

guess who is close to getting her black square??!!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
Cesare wrote:Speaking of stores. For the Buffalo folks - Trader Joes opening October 11 in Amherst.

Thanks! I just checked on the opening date on Saturday! We knew it was coming! The store is about 20- 25 minutes away in one of the most traveled areas in a suburb of Buffalo. We hardly ever head out that way anymore! Too funny! I can almost see us doing our normal stock up as we do know when we are in an area where there is a TJs. Just think: we won't be asking people to wootleg Tjs goods for us anymore! Thanks to those who have in the past!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:The garage place in the Northwest seems to not have a problem. WL does (or did, I think), and WTSO all come to mind...

Retailers, all of them. Different business model and licenses.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Got a call from Pennsylvania today. They want to know when I'm picking up that Madeira.

Anyone reading this from the Keystone State and willing to wootleg?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Enjoying the start of a week of vacation. Hanging out with my best friend then my parents and then hanging with and helping my fiancé move at the end of the week. Good company, good wine, good times.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chemvictim wrote:Does anybody know when the Phat Goose is shipping? My order that included the Phat Goose also contained another wine, and that one shipped last week. Unfortunately the order page is only showing the one tracking number for the whole order, so I have no clue when to expect it.

No shipping info yet, and I'm in SoCal!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:I liked the Kansas City airport.. small... when we were there 3 years ago it didn't seem too bad.....wait.. r u talking Kansas city Kansas or Missouri?

Kansas City Missouri. Most of the time it's fine, but if there are a lot of delays it gets to be a mess - it's not designed to hold the number of people who can pile up there if flights aren't on time. Re mother's dislike for CDG, I've never flown into there, so I can't comment on it.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:Retailers, all of them. Different business model and licenses.

That's why I would think MN wouldn't be an issue if we already allow retailers to ship. I suppose it would mean woot would need to get a retailers license. Although that isn't woot's model, I'm sure that's the concern and the no shipping currently.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

TT: still having issues with loading woot pages. I cleared all the cookies and caches and such (whatever the hell those are) and is no betta.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:That's why I would think MN wouldn't be an issue if we already allow retailers to ship. I suppose it would mean woot would need to get a retailers license. Although that isn't woot's model, I'm sure that's the concern and the no shipping currently.

Yeah, but the whole reason w.w can offer great deals is their *not* being a retailer. There is no licensing required on woot's part, and it's all up to the wineries. Seems that retail shipping licenses haven't been affected, but the interpretation from NY is screwing over the third-party folks. Sigh.

Having said that...anybody who wants to ship stuff to CA for me to hold for them for a while is welcome to.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:TT: still having issues with loading woot pages. I cleared all the cookies and caches and such (whatever the hell those are) and is no betta.

After clearing them, you need to re-boot.

Clear them again, and re-start. That should do it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
coynedj wrote:Kansas City Missouri. Most of the time it's fine, but if there are a lot of delays it gets to be a mess - it's not designed to hold the number of people who can pile up there if flights aren't on time. Re mother's dislike for CDG, I've never flown into there, so I can't comment on it.

That's not very American now is it? Uninformed opinions are a way of life!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:The garage place in the Northwest seems to not have a problem. WL does (or did, I think), and WTSO all come to mind...

Like you, I get shipments from them. Even some whiskey from some other, not to be named sites. I think they just ship without worrying about the rules, until they are told to stop.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bhodilee wrote:That's not very American now is it? Uninformed opinions are a way of life!

But not flying to France is very American! That said, you're right, and you have proven this fact quite frequently.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:But not flying to France is very American! That said, you're right, and you have proven this fact quite frequently.

SEE, UNINFORMED OPINION! LOVE IT!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:Kansas City Missouri. Most of the time it's fine, but if there are a lot of delays it gets to be a mess - it's not designed to hold the number of people who can pile up there if flights aren't on time. Re mother's dislike for CDG, I've never flown into there, so I can't comment on it.

st. louis has a crappy airport... I like Kansas City, Kansas airport...

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:st. louis has a crappy airport... I like Kansas City, Kansas airport...

Only airport I really haven't liked has been Dallas/Ft. Worth.

And I've been to Atlanta, O'Hare, JFK, Dulles, Buffalo (nice), Newark, Denver, Sonoma, Honolulu, Maui, & Kauai, as well as flown out of and into LAX, OC John Wayne, and Long Beach.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Only airport I really haven't liked has been Dallas/Ft. Worth.

And I've been to Atlanta, O'Hare, JFK, Dulles, Buffalo (nice), Newark, Denver, Sonoma, Honolulu, Maui, & Kauai, as well as flown out of and into LAX, OC John Wayne, and Long Beach.

You've never been through Ontario? That one is quite nice. Thanks for boosting Buffalo! We really do have a nice airport. I do not like the airports in Vegas or JFK.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
mother wrote:Least favorite airport is CDG, but LAX sucks pretty hard...

I beg to differ. LHR is the worst to travel through, what with the maze of twisty little passages all different to wend through, the lack of usable runways, and way too much traffic. They should plow the whole thing under and restart from scratch.

It used to have six runways in a star of david configuration. They kept losing runways as the city encroached.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
cmaldoon wrote:Enjoying the start of a week of vacation. Hanging out with my best friend then my parents and then hanging with and helping my fiancé move at the end of the week. Good company, good wine, good times.

Your fiance is not your best friend?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yo all. New Wineries are ready to talk if y'all want to make them feel at home. Garagiste thread.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:You've never been through Ontario? That one is quite nice. Thanks for boosting Buffalo! We really do have a nice airport. I do not like the airports in Vegas or JFK.

I think there might have been a late flight re-routed there. Or not. But I have driven past it!

And forgot Vegas. Flew in there once or twice. Not that bad at the time (which was 10 years ago).

Also Phoenix once or twice, a while back. For some reason.

otolith

JOATMON wrote:Your fiance is not your best friend?

My initial thought as well, but wasn't going to post that.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

We are thinking of flying somewhere one of the last weekends in October. Any suggestions on where to go that would be a good place to get away for a 4 day weekend?

--John Muir

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
JOATMON wrote:Your fiance is not your best friend?

One has to make a distinction somehow. I've known my friend for 12 years and my fiancé for 5.

Though indeed, my fiancé and I are closer friends.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:We are thinking of flying somewhere one of the last weekends in October. Any suggestions on where to go that would be a good place to get away for a 4 day weekend?

Minnesota?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:We are thinking of flying somewhere one of the last weekends in October. Any suggestions on where to go that would be a good place to get away for a 4 day weekend?

I love NY. I really enjoyed Chicago when i went in May (amazing architecture -- we took a boat tour). If you head out this way, I'm sure we can scrounge up some winos. Whatever you do, don't visit Omaha.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:I love NY. I really enjoyed Chicago when i went in May (amazing architecture -- we took a boat tour). If you head out this way, I'm sure we can scrounge up some winos. Whatever you do, don't visit Omaha.

This is actually really good advice.

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin

A ship-to state?
CA not bad, you do have enablers to visit.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Mackinac Island, MI. Be sure to spend a day over by Traverse City and check out the wineries up north there. Might be chilly, guaranteed to be beautiful.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mother wrote:I think you're looking for "May? Or just do?"

Not fair to hang that on PB, he was responding to another post.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

With or without the kiddies?

otolith

chipgreen wrote:With or without the kiddies?

With.

Otherwise, we'd head to Napa.

--John Muir

otolith

ddeuddeg wrote:Not fair to hang that on PB, he was responding to another post.

So, I misspoke? I should have used "may" ship and not "can" ship. And, for the record, grammar is not a strong suit.

--John Muir

ddeuddeg

otolith wrote:So, I misspoke? I should have used "may" ship and not "can" ship. And, for the record, grammar is not a strong suit.

I'm not the grammar police here, either. If you want to complain about someone correcting grammar, direct it to that guy.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:I love NY. I really enjoyed Chicago when i went in May (amazing architecture -- we took a boat tour). If you head out this way, I'm sure we can scrounge up some winos. Whatever you do, don't visit Omaha.

Actually, Chicago is in Illinois.

otolith

ddeuddeg wrote:I'm not the grammar police here, either. If you want to complain about someone correcting grammar, direct it to that guy.

I'm not complaining, I'm looking for an edge-u-ma-cation.

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, Chicago is in Illinois.

Did someone get a new geography book for his birthday? Second time you've invoked location here.

And he loves NY, but enjoyed Chicago.

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Yo all. New Wineries are ready to talk if y'all want to make them feel at home. Garagiste thread.

Glad you are back.. hope you had a good trip and all went well

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Mackinac Island, MI. Be sure to spend a day over by Traverse City and check out the wineries up north there. Might be chilly, guaranteed to be beautiful.

We went to Mackinac Island when I was younger... want to go back... I remember having such a great time!!