kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Don't you have any brandy around the house? A drop for her, and a shot for you should do the trick!

Or, they do make orajel, and motrin, for things like this.

Using the latter two. Just venting to those who have gone through the same, most multiple times, you included.

Edit: am I in the running count now?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:Using the latter two. Just venting to those who have gone through the same, most multiple times, you included.

Edit: am I in the running count now?

Yes, figured you were venting. I should have just said, "that sucks, hope it doesn't last long."

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Yes, figured you were venting. I should have just said, "that sucks, hope it doesn't last long."

No, no. I liked the brandy suggestion.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:No, no. I liked the brandy suggestion.

Yes, stick with the brandy. I just did the typical thing I usually do, which is offer advice in how to fix it as my way of empathizing with your pain.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Since I'm still processing everything that happened to me recently, I missed a lot of the pub. Sparky Les Mis stage production is sung all the way through, for the movie they actually added extra singing dialog to explain things. So if you dont like things sung all the way through, then the musical is not for you. If you are looking for some decent singing of the stage production, look up the 10th anniversary dream cast production. In my opinion it features the best Javert. But like wine, musicals are also personal preferences

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
tiger7610 wrote:Since I'm still processing everything that happened to me recently, I missed a lot of the pub. Sparky Les Mis stage production is sung all the way through, for the movie they actually added extra singing dialog to explain things. So if you dont like things sung all the way through, then the musical is not for you. If you are looking for some decent singing of the stage production, look up the 10th anniversary dream cast production. In my opinion it features the best Javert. But like wine, musicals are also personal preferences

Everything ok?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all! Hope you had a nice 3 day weekend if you were so lucky.

I made son help me clean the house.

ohhh, how lucky... did he actually help?

edit: nevermind... I just read ahead....

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:Em just turned a year old and she has 2 teeth. At least 3 more are now coming in all at once. The exact opposite of fun. She just woke up from her nap screaming at the top of her lungs.

when mine were that age, highlands teething tablets were a life saver!!

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:Since I'm still processing everything that happened to me recently, I missed a lot of the pub. Sparky Les Mis stage production is sung all the way through, for the movie they actually added extra singing dialog to explain things. So if you dont like things sung all the way through, then the musical is not for you. If you are looking for some decent singing of the stage production, look up the 10th anniversary dream cast production. In my opinion it features the best Javert. But like wine, musicals are also personal preferences

hope everything is ok!??

otolith

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all! Hope you had a nice 3 day weekend if you were so lucky.

It was pretty sweet spending most of yesterday cleaning my old son's room. He kinda helped...not really. Would have been less painful pulling teeth.

At least my younger son was really impressed with the cleaning! sigh...

--John Muir

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I foresee a lunchtime tasting of today's offer. I also foresee 4 bottles purchased.

Lunch anyone?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

1 day weekend here on swing shift (noon to mid), on the otherhand 26 hours of OT makes for a nice paycheck.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
cmaldoon wrote:
Lunch anyone?

I will have to see how the schedule works out. Weird hours due to test, not defined completely either. Might be going in around 3am.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:It was pretty sweet spending most of yesterday cleaning my old son's room. He kinda helped...not really. Would have been less painful pulling teeth.

At least my younger son was really impressed with the cleaning! sigh...

I told him I'd take him to Dairy Queen afterwards. He laughed and said he could just drive himself and not clean. He's 22.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:I told him I'd take him to Dairy Queen afterwards. He laughed and said he could just drive himself and not clean. He's 22.

Deja Vu! I could have sworn I read this before ...

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Deja Vu! I could have sworn I read this before ...

Brat. I talk in PWA too. Couldn't remember who I told what. And no, I didn't scroll up. I have a lazy mouse finger.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Brat. I talk in PWA too. Couldn't remember who I told what. And no, I didn't scroll up. I have a lazy mouse finger.

You'd have to scroll back you mean! (previous page )

Edit: And it was a response to my inquiry!

Edit2: I should have used this at the time!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Just when I thought it was safe ....

Went out on some errands while the gardener was gardening. Came back and was like, "Where are my front night lights?"

Wondered if the gardener had done something with them, but no, they weren't there when he was edging either.

Razzle fracking no-goodnicks stole them in the middle of the night!

I had 6 of the Westinghouse Solar Lights out in front. However, 3 out of the 6 wouldn't charge, so I was using rechargeable batteries on them. Plus one more would last a while, but the battery would need to eventually be switched.

Not so bad, but last night I put in the longer lasting batteries in the 3. Scum-sucking hamster dance!

If I could only catch them, you know that would be the result!

MarkDaSpark

By the way TT, can you remind the code monkeys we still need the search feature on our Orders?

I had to go to page 24 (of 98!) to find the info on my stolen solar lights!

And they need to fix the Shipping/Tracking links on the Account page so it DOESN'T take you away from the Account page! So irritating!

It used to open the appropriate tracking page in a new tab, but it doesn't do that anymore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:By the way TT, can you remind the code monkeys we still need the search feature on our Orders?

I had to go to page 24 (of 98!) to find the info on my stolen solar lights!

And they need to fix the Shipping/Tracking links on the Account page so it DOESN'T take you away from the Account page! So irritating!

It used to open the appropriate tracking page in a new tab, but it doesn't do that anymore.

Oh stop your blubbering!

Just turned in a feature request on both. I know we've requested Search before but it never hurts to put it in again. I agree that that the tracking info should open in a new tab.

FORUM MODERATOR

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:Just when I thought it was safe ....

I am disappointed. I thought you actually typed hamster dance.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
chemvictim wrote:I am disappointed. I thought you actually typed hamster dance.

I like hamster dance better!

I hate to be the one to suggest it (not really!), but security lights that can't deter their own theft may not be worth replacing...

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:I like hamster dance better!

I hate to be the one to suggest it (not really!), but security lights that can't deter their own theft may not be worth replacing...

I've found connecting items to an electric fence transformer is a bit of a deterrent.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:I foresee a lunchtime tasting of today's offer. I also foresee 4 bottles purchased.

Lunch anyone?

Man, you have a lot of woot bottles! Now I may have to check the main thread.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Just when I thought it was safe ....

Went out on some errands while the gardener was gardening. Came back and was like, "Where are my front night lights?"

Wondered if the gardener had done something with them, but no, they weren't there when he was edging either.

Razzle fracking no-goodnicks stole them in the middle of the night!

I had 6 of the Westinghouse Solar Lights out in front. However, 3 out of the 6 wouldn't charge, so I was using rechargeable batteries on them. Plus one more would last a while, but the battery would need to eventually be switched.

Not so bad, but last night I put in the longer lasting batteries in the 3. Scum-sucking hamster dance!

If I could only catch them, you know that would be the result!

Where's Trollface Hiding? is wrong with peopl?!!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh stop your blubbering!

Just turned in a feature request on both. I know we've requested Search before but it never hurts to put it in again. I agree that that the tracking info should open in a new tab.

Oh, and thanks!

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:I am disappointed. I thought you actually typed hamster dance.

I know! All too often I wish the Woot Filters were really typed.

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:I like hamster dance better!

Security lights? These were decorative. But I do need to change out my front porch light to the one with Motion detection. That may have deterred the hamsters from dancing to begin with.

Or I could install the electrocution device.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:Em just turned a year old and she has 2 teeth. At least 3 more are now coming in all at once. The exact opposite of fun. She just woke up from her nap screaming at the top of her lungs.

Geez! She's a year old already! Wow!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

otolith wrote:Yes, stick with the brandy. I just did the typical thing I usually do, which is offer advice in how to fix it as my way of empathizing with your pain.

We suggested to my niece that she use Southern Comfort when one of her boys was teething. She was a bit worried that her husband, the anesthesiologist would notice and have a problem with this--of course, he was at work all day and not dealing with any of it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Exhaustion has set in already. We had a meeting with our district superintendent and all of the big wigs yesterday. Today a two hour meeting in building.

My roommate is going to drive me crazy! Apparently, during the summer, the keyboard from my (the district issued) desktop computer had been dropped and the leg on it broke. I decided to give her the "old" computer. She noticed the damage immediately when I passed that computer on to her. I figure that I should be given access to a laptop to use as I travel around the world on a daily basis. All travelers are also to be given a desktop in their homebase. The "new" desktop version arrived today but needed to be reconfigured. At some point, while I was out of the room, she actually had the audacity to switch keyboards on me! Our techie guy came by to continue setup and wondered why I had a pack of 4 X 6 cards under the keyboard. I told him what happened. He will be getting me a new keyboard.

First day of classes is tomorrow. It is 10:26 PM and I still have to set up seating charts and make up name tags! Urg!

InFrom

bahwm wrote:Exhaustion has set in already. We had a meeting with our district superintendent and all of the big wigs yesterday. Today a two hour meeting in building.

My roommate is going to drive me crazy! Apparently, during the summer, the keyboard from my (the district issued) desktop computer had been dropped and the leg on it broke. I decided to give her the "old" computer. She noticed the damage immediately when I passed that computer on to her. I figure that I should be given access to a laptop to use as I travel around the world on a daily basis. All travelers are also to be given a desktop in their homebase. The "new" desktop version arrived today but needed to be reconfigured. At some point, while I was out of the room, she actually had the audacity to switch keyboards on me! Our techie guy came by to continue setup and wondered why I had a pack of 4 X 6 cards under the keyboard. I told him what happened. He will be getting me a new keyboard.

First day of classes is tomorrow. It is 10:26 PM and I still have to set up seating charts and make up name tags! Urg!

I can't believe all you have to put up with! Thank God there's wine.

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:I've found connecting items to an electric fence transformer is a bit of a deterrent.

Tools & Garden Woot? Or Home Woot?

InFrom

Thinking this shirt is perfect for this crowd...

Edit: Not that shirt, this shirt!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I know! All too often I wish the Woot Filters were really typed.

I do love watching the filters turn up in hilarious situations. My fav was during a woot-off when a bunch of wooters were harassing some white box new wooters. They kept bragging about their stats. So I changed stats to bunions. Seconds later a post "Have you seen my bunions!?!?!". I laughed so hard. Wooters got a kick out of it too.

FORUM MODERATOR

InFrom

One more thing -- happy new year, y'all!

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:Tools & Garden Woot? Or Home Woot?

That'd be a hoot.
Local feed and tack store.

CT

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:I do love watching the filters turn up in hilarious situations. My fav was during a woot-off when a bunch of wooters were harassing some white box new wooters. They kept bragging about their stats. So I changed stats to bunions. Seconds later a post "Have you seen my bunions!?!?!". I laughed so hard. Wooters got a kick out of it too.

And you actually get paid for doing this? Where do we apply?

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:And you actually get paid for doing this? Where do we apply?

Seriously. And I could do it from home.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

Anyone ever do a refi, and setup auto payments, only to find two have been setup, a push from your bank and a pull from the mortgage holder? Ouch! Really depletes funds that would otherwise have been available for ww.

CT