InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
jon98gn wrote:I still can't even figure out the link. My eyes.... my eyes...

The smaller letters on the tattoo are meant to represent the lower case.

Fiendishly clever, Woot! I was so grossed out the first time I watched it that I never even noticed the URL!

Mattazuma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mattazuma
sanctusreal wrote:http://bit.ly/1DRQMS7

thats what my non robot eyes are seeing

I think it is bit.ly/dR0MS7 but the page that goes to doesn't work.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Mattazuma wrote:I think it is bit.ly/dR0MS7 but the page that goes to doesn't work.

http://bit.ly/1dRqMS7

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

Yay. The one time when being a gay man who is into bears will actually pay off..

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

draigun wrote:Yay. The one time when being a gay man who is into bears will actually pay off..

Uhmmmmmmmmmm.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't ask. Don't tell. Really, really, don't tell.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

draigun

Oh. It's not really as bad as it sounds. It's Always Sunny explained it actually pretty accurately.

I guess to put it more discreetly, at least I won't be part of the "it's disturbing" crowd when looking for the link.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
draigun wrote:Oh. It's not really as bad as it sounds. It's Always Sunny explained it actually pretty accurately.

I guess to put it more discreetly, at least I won't be part of the "it's disturbing" crowd when looking for the link.

I didn't know what "bear" meant in this context. I learn something every day.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

draigun wrote:Oh. It's not really as bad as it sounds. It's Always Sunny explained it actually pretty accurately.

aw, i bet he'll be flattered.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

So maybe 5 bags sold? Of those, someone probably said DUDE! get da bag. I found it. I know I probably would have and been King of the Office.....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Huh?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Closed down the wootception with a bottle of this shared by other wooters, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I cannot say that my taste buds were in prime shape by the end of the night but still 99 bucks a case is a killer deal if you like GSM's. It's not going to compete with France but it's a pretty good Tuesday night wine for the price!

Hmmmm.... I'm guessing two buck chuck could've been served as the last bottle of the night at the Wootception, and it would've been warmly received at that point.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

with out a doubt the most discusting Picture I have seen on wsoot.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:Hmmmm.... I'm guessing two buck chuck could've been served as the last bottle of the night at the Wootception, and it would've been warmly received at that point.

Got to disagree on that one, cause there was some crappy wine left at the end. Guess what it tastesd like?

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
jon98gn wrote:So maybe 5 bags sold? Of those, someone probably said DUDE! get da bag. I found it. I know I probably would have and been King of the Office.....

Nice find!!

All the years I've been on woot I've never been able to land a bag of c r a p .....not for a lack of trying....some day the c r a p will be mine

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Got to disagree on that one, cause there was some crappy wine left at the end. Guess what it tastesd like?

1001 Pinot? ;)

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

InFrom

redwinefan wrote:1001 Pinot? ;)

You have a long memory!

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:So you did! All gone now.

That's actually a relief because I might have been compelled to watch the video in an effort to score some crap.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

I am apparently not as disturbed as I should be. I spent more time trying to make out the tattoos than anything else.

hcnate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcnate

Lots of up and down on the wine. I like GSM (but perhaps based upon the robust Washington grapes), but ready for a flier on this.

Otherwise, it's a $60 t-shirt that the wife will be really impressed that I own!

vbogart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbogart

I honestly find the wine unappetizing after viewing the video. I would not be able to enjoy the wine as I would be thinking of drinking Gus' bath water. Ewwwww!

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

I want to know how many love emails Woot has received for Fat Gus. You know there has to be a few inquiring if he is single.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
bsevern wrote:Got to disagree on that one, cause there was some crappy wine left at the end. Guess what it tastesd like?

Bath water?

InFrom

chipgreen wrote:That's actually a relief because I might have been compelled to watch the video in an effort to score some crap.

Sorry to be the bearer (no pun intended) of bad news, but it looks like more URLs may follow as the wine sells. At least so hints Woot. So hope for no more sales?

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

You guys should have sent a special 'hint' to people who ordered as a reward to give them a chance to snatch something up ...

draigun

A little off topic, but since this is getting staff exposure, is it in the pipeline to ever have a beer.woot? I'm not a big wine guy, and it would be neat to be able to get all kinds of beer (or even Woot! brewed) from different areas.

If not, I always have local beer/wine specialty stores. Those are great.

MarkDaSpark

draigun wrote:A little off topic, but since this is getting staff exposure, is it in the pipeline to ever have a beer.woot? I'm not a big wine guy, and it would be neat to be able to get all kinds of beer (or even Woot! brewed) from different areas.

If not, I always have local beer/wine specialty stores. Those are great.

Probably not ... there are too many laws (for the distributors) in place for beer.woot or whiskey.woot to ever occur.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

draigun

MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably not ... there are too many laws (for the distributors) in place for beer.woot or whiskey.woot to ever occur.

Makes sense. That's what I was worried about, but since there's already a wine.woot, I wasn't sure if the law just applied to all alcohol in general (or maybe ABV limits, etc.).

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

Also, Gus got this song stuck in my head for a few days:

Now it's creepy.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

I would really love to get this wine & shirt, but just found out that woot won't sell to NY anymore. ):
Maybe I could work out a deal with somebody?

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

MarkDaSpark

LarryLars wrote:I would really love to get this wine & shirt, but just found out that woot won't sell to NY anymore. ):
Maybe I could work out a deal with somebody?

Hopefully, it's a temp thing, but yell at your legislators.

davekunze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davekunze

In for a case, but since wines ordered through WOOT have been taking 23 to 27 days to arrive, maybe WOOT should switch to winter shipping rates. Don't expect this case to show up until almost October. Is there a reason the wineries have been so slow between ordering and shipping? Has WOOT been sitting on the orders before giving them to the vinter?

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
MarkDaSpark wrote:Fire? Firing is too good for him/her!!!

No, fire him/her as in "Ready... Aim.... FIRE!!!"

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
davekunze wrote:In for a case, but since wines ordered through WOOT have been taking 23 to 27 days to arrive, maybe WOOT should switch to winter shipping rates. Don't expect this case to show up until almost October. Is there a reason the wineries have been so slow between ordering and shipping? Has WOOT been sitting on the orders before giving them to the vinter?

Agreed. I've got a rather empty wine rack....

MarkDaSpark

davekunze wrote:In for a case, but since wines ordered through WOOT have been taking 23 to 27 days to arrive, maybe WOOT should switch to winter shipping rates. Don't expect this case to show up until almost October. Is there a reason the wineries have been so slow between ordering and shipping? Has WOOT been sitting on the orders before giving them to the vinter?

The wineries on the West Coast send the wine (still in normal case boxes) to Wine.Woot from their refrigerated storage warehouses to WW's refrigerated warehouse for re-packaging in shipping boxes. Usually their wine is still on a pallet.

Then WW separates and re-packages them into the separate regions for refrigerated shipping to the regional centers. Said centers should be within 1 or 2 shipping days of us. Once the refrigerated truck arrives at the regional center, FedEx is contacted and picks up your wine. IIRC, these trucks are on set schedules and only leave once each week.

There is no tracking information until FedEx is contacted.

In addition, if there is going to be extreme heat (from winery to WW and/or from WW to us) during the non-refrigerated portions of our wine, WineDavid delays shipment to protect our wine. It doesn't do any good to ship in the refrigerated truck if the wine is going to be in 100° heat after it leaves that truck.

If you don't like the delays, you can always pay the $10 per item and get it with 2-day shipping.

Shipping of the Summer Wine - latest thread on it.

Summertime And The Shipping Isn’t Easy - Original 2007 thread and the initial post which explains the process of summer shipping.

draigun

Aww.. been checking once every 2-3 hours.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Sorry to be the bearer (no pun intended) of bad news, but it looks like more URLs may follow as the wine sells. At least so hints Woot. So hope for no more sales?

Haha, that's ok. I've scored 5-6 crap-bags in the past, so I'll let those less fortunate have a go this time.

Because....

shortman

quality posts: 39 Private Messages shortman

I know I'm way too late on this one, but it took me forever to figure out what the URL was. It was http://bit.ly/16S0ZFs

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
shortman wrote:I know I'm way too late on this one, but it took me forever to figure out what the URL was. It was http://bit.ly/16S0ZFs

Man I have been checking constantly all weekend an finally got this and couldnt get it to work... ugh...

MarkDaSpark

I guess we haven't been sending enough Phat Goose back to cover him back up!