North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ddeuddeg wrote:I forgot, he may be vacationing in Florida. No problem, as you noted PB took care of it for me this time. When chip gets back in the loop, we'll have to figure out a way to get that OC to him. Maybe meet up in Erie, PA for dinner or something.

It's a longer wait, but just convince him to go to the icewine festival. I would love to go this year, and am still keeping it on the back on my mind, but that's a real tough time of the year for me (as an accountant) to get away from the office.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Dammit! WS and KR got me!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:Do you think this is one that could actually be "whirled" the night before and just stirred up a bit? I'm not sure how well the peaches would do without some lemon juice. I suppose instead of milk, I could add some orange juice. Actually, we had this one for lunch.

Oh, yeah. I did buy and insulated Alladin smoothie mug with lid & smoothie sized straw. ddeuddeg can't wait to see me trying to get out the door with two mugs: one for my coffee, one smoothie oh, and somewhere in my other bags, my water bottle~ Ugh!

Judging from your description of your rolling classroom, the last thing you need is more things to juggle! Wait until you add an umbrella to that mix! I got a coffee mug that can slip into my bag and won't spill, but it's only 12 oz., which is not nearly enough. It does have a handle, which for my purposes is a must.

What an ordeal that cart business sounds like. At least the smoothies will help you keep your strength up. (Does that help?)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

As to this deal (KR PS), I have 1 07, 2 08s, and 0 (zero!!!!) 09s.

Klez, can I take one off you and add it to our impending Halcon trade? Or tyger? Did you go in?

(x-posting in the main thread)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
InFrom wrote:Judging from your description of your rolling classroom, the last thing you need is more things to juggle! Wait until you add an umbrella to that mix! I got a coffee mug that can slip into my bag and won't spill, but it's only 12 oz., which is not nearly enough. It does have a handle, which for my purposes is a must.

What an ordeal that cart business sounds like. At least the smoothies will help you keep your strength up. (Does that help?)

No, no, no umbrella--if I can help it. I lost my Lands End hooded jacket on the the way to Spain--either on the plane or in the airport in Barcelona. I am so annoyed! It was a bright lime green waterproof hooded jacket--it worked perfectly. I wound up buying a dressier, longer jacket with a hood in Spain--thought I was going to need it in the north country. It will be great for school, but not for real lightweight needs.

I definitely need handles on my coffee mug! And now, obviously, on my smoothie mug! This is a 20 ounce baby AND insulated, so it should work. Now, if only I could find a carrier that would work for all of my "mugs" so that they won't spill! I can't really use a wine bottle "carrier" bag--it "promotes alcohol"--obviously not appropriate for school! Plus, they are usually too flimsy!

I do have a corner in my old classroom, that has been taken over by another teacher. I am able to have my desk, my bookcase, my file cabinet and maybe, my teacher computer workstation. I'm not positive about the computer.I also get one shelf in the cupboard to store supplies and two much smaller shelves that are in the back of the room next to the heating and ventilating system (not AC). We travelers are allowed to sign out a laptop from the student mobile computer lab--crappy HPs, for use on our carts. Who knows, I might even get assigned a projector to cart around with me!

Normally, I carry my computer and take home work bag, a small purse, a lunch bag and my coffee mug. Water goes in my computer bag. Should be interesting!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:As to this deal (KR PS), I have 1 07, 2 08s, and 0 (zero!!!!) 09s.

Klez, can I take one off you and add it to our impending Halcon trade? Or tyger? Did you go in?

Or I could swap an 09 for an 08.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:As to this deal (KR PS), I have 1 07, 2 08s, and 0 (zero!!!!) 09s.

Sorry - didn't go in. Decided between today's Garagiste offer, impending WineSmith buying, and this weekend's shenanigans at Twisted Oak, Scott Harvey, CG di Arie, and Noceto, it was going to be too expensive and storage-busting already.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:What are you referring to? I saw the 'Internet' stuff as a response to a request from ShipCompliant, but it specifically does not address the WCC direct from the winery model, just the Internet 3 tier model.

If someone needs a CT wootlegger, I'm also available of course.

Some info here. It is confusing, since it refers to "3rd Party Marketeers", which would seem to mean Wine.Woot partially. Point #2 seemed somewhat applicable to WW:

2. The ruling addressed only the “Three Tier” element of the proposed business model, and did not deal with “Producer Direct” orders that are shipped under winery DTC licenses via 3rd party marketers.

However, it sounds like there is still a sticking point on the NY side.

... a formal review of Third Party Marketing technology and systems that will likely result in an official advisory that provides guidelines for how licensees and Third Party Marketers may work together compliantly in the state.

So it may be that until the confusion is resolved by the NY commission, there may be no shipments to NY.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I guess my housemate will be happy, since I wont be buying any wine from woot, maybe I can actually shrink my collection

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I just got an email saying that one of my woot orders has shipped.

Of course, it arrived two weeks ago. Technically the email is correct, but timely it is not.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:So it may be that until the confusion is resolved by the NY commission, there may be no shipments to NY.

But "ProducerDirect" is the WCC model, right? So that entire thing doesn't apply to them. (??)

Perhaps ShipCompliant also asked about "ProducerDirect" and while not published, have been advised it's going to be a beat down...

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Or I could swap an 09 for an 08.

Done.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:So it may be that until the confusion is resolved by the NY commission, there may be no shipments to NY.

This seems to address that more explicitly. Alas.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:This seems to address that more explicitly. Alas.

That reads nasty. I hope the final review loosens things back up a little.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

polarbear22 wrote:That reads nasty. I hope the final review loosens things back up a little.

That is indeed very bad news for some other online sites, but unless I'm missing something, that doesn't impact W.W/WCC at all- they do NOT use the 3 tier system, they facilitate the wineries own direct to consumer shipper's licenses...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:That reads nasty. I hope the final review loosens things back up a little.

Kinda seems like things aren't much different than your average episode of Boardwalk Empire.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

mother wrote:That is indeed very bad news for some other online sites, but unless I'm missing something, that doesn't impact W.W/WCC at all- they do NOT use the 3 tier system, they facilitate the wineries own direct to consumer shipper's licenses...

Whenever there are lawyers involved, things that seem simple and obvious to us laymen often are neither simple nor obvious.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:Whenever there are lawyers involved, things that seem simple and obvious to us laymen often are neither simple nor obvious.

Yep. I'm hoping this is somehow overturned/changed, as my state has a pretty strong 3-tier system, and I could see them using this to their advantage...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:That is indeed very bad news for some other online sites, but unless I'm missing something, that doesn't impact W.W/WCC at all- they do NOT use the 3 tier system, they facilitate the wineries own direct to consumer shipper's licenses...

True, but the wineries may not "control" the entire process since WW ships most of the wine thru their warehouse (WW gets orders, receives pallet of wine from Winery, re-boxes it into shipping containers, and ships using winery's license).

Sounded like NYSLA wants everything to go thru winery (selection, pricing, ordering, packaging, & shipping) "control".

So while WW isn't part of the 3-tier system, the lawyers may be afraid of some of the points involved, and don't want anyone getting fined or losing their license.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Yeah, but that bit about flat fee, control over the wine, etc didn't sound promising. Here's hoping NY gets its head out of its arse.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Yeah, but that bit about flat fee, control over the wine, etc didn't sound promising. Here's hoping NY gets its head out of its arse.

Ha ha haahahahahahahahahahahaahah

wait, you weren't serious were you?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

One mixed case left from WineSmith

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

mother

bhodilee wrote:Ha ha haahahahahahahahahahahaahah

+1

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
JOATMON wrote:One mixed case left from WineSmith

And it's gone.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:+1

+2

mother

JOATMON wrote:And it's gone.

Glad I got mine earlier!

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:Yeah, but that bit about flat fee, control over the wine, etc didn't sound promising. Here's hoping NY gets its head out of its arse.
bhodilee wrote:Ha ha haahahahahahahahahahahaahah
mother wrote:+1
MarkDaSpark wrote:+2

Glad you guys are having fun at the expense of the politicians of the Empire State.

mother

ddeuddeg wrote:Glad you guys are having fun at the expense of the politicians of the Empire State.

NY State Government- the worst that money can buy.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:Glad you guys are having fun at the expense of the politicians of the Empire State.

It's just too easy.

Anthony Weiner
Eliot Spitzer

And the list really does go on. And on.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:It's just too easy.

Anthony Weiner
Eliot Spitzer

And the list really does go on. And on.

The scary part is that those two are running again. Sheesh!

kylemittskus

I know this post is kind of an out of left field post but I'm so excited and relieved. Had my 6 month check up after finding cancer and I'm cancer free! I didn't post when I found out because that seemed weird, but posting the good news is totally different.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:I know this post is kind of an out of left field post but I'm so excited and relieved. Had my 6 month check up after finding cancer and I'm cancer free! I didn't post when I found out because that seemed weird, but posting the good news is totally different.

PSquishy! I'm so glad! And you know this is a good group - if there's any randomish people to let know just because you need to release a frustration or express concern, this is it. Abundant prayers and humor and consolation seems to run rampant in this bunch :-) Never weird.

Except for bowtie, he's a weird one.

Maybe that Sparky fella, too...

Hugs! So glad to hear the good news!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:I know this post is kind of an out of left field post but I'm so excited and relieved. Had my 6 month check up after finding cancer and I'm cancer free! I didn't post when I found out because that seemed weird, but posting the good news is totally different.

Wonderful news!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Booh yah !

That's just great news for you.

i'll drink to that!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Good lord that's good news!
Will pop a great bottle in your honor tonight

We need to get together and raise a glass or three.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bhodilee

Winedavid39 wrote:Booh yah !

That's just great news for you.

i'll drink to that!

Just not in New York :-)

mother

bhodilee wrote:Just not in New York :-)

But seriously, mazel tov kyle!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

That's great news!!! So happy for you and your family! Drink a glass and enjoy yourself.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Awesome! Really happy for you and your family. I will tip a glass your way (south) tonight!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

That ailment should be reserved for us aged ones here, not the next generation.

Great to hear of your recovery/remission!

CT