klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Helpful bowtie.
Spiritual bowtie.
Insightful bowtie.

... who are you and what have you done with our bowtie???

It's a wedding present for you guys?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Being helpful again?? Who are you and what have you done with bowtie?????

look, if I'm spending other people's money, it doesn't count!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin

As many likely don't look at the polls...

On labels, I detect a rip-off here !

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Color me exhausted! I've been looking through our Paris pics and trying to weed them out to put into an album. So, far, I've looked through close to 1000 pics from Paris alone--AND, there are more! Of course there are quite a number that are being ditched. Others, I don't necessarily want to put in THIS album. Spain? That's a whole other album! I do, however, like being able to simply pull out a cool looking album where the pictures aren't falling out! I also like to make notes and comments easily in the albums. Time for dinner and some wine!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Color me exhausted! I've been looking through our Paris pics and trying to weed them out to put into an album. So, far, I've looked through close to 1000 pics from Paris alone--AND, there are more! Of course there are quite a number that are being ditched. Others, I don't necessarily want to put in THIS album. Spain? That's a whole other album! I do, however, like being able to simply pull out a cool looking album where the pictures aren't falling out! I also like to make notes and comments easily in the albums. Time for dinner and some wine!

seriously?!!!!! where to you find the time and energy to do all this?!! I only bathed all r 4 legged critters and that was enough for me today!!

Cesare

quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Bowtie go try this and report back!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

I am old, so I guess it's ok to feel old, but seeing a 39" flat screen on the Back to School woot is crazy. Presumably no one would show up at college without one.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:Bowtie go try this and report back!

Probably not. I hate taco bell with a passion. Maybe though, the concept is good

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

So I had this AdSense ad pop up in my Gmail:

Grammarly - Fix All Grammar Errors - Check your writing for 250+ points of grammar, and improve vocabularly usa

Vocabularly? I sure want to run out and buy this product -- it's probalably excellent!

bahwm

InFrom wrote:So I had this AdSense ad pop up in my Gmail:Vocabularly? I sure want to run out and buy this product -- it's probalably excellent!

And what's with "usa"?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:As many likely don't look at the polls...

On labels, I detect a rip-off here !

Not just a Wine.Woot ripoff, but Twisted Oak as well!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not just a Wine.Woot ripoff, but Twisted Oak as well!!

I was thinking Stillman with the clouds.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I was thinking Stillman with the clouds.

On the label, but the cursing is pure Twisted!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

InFrom

bahwm wrote:And what's with "usa"?

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

bahwm

***rant*** I so hate calling customer service only to find that the reps are non-native speakers of English who are trying to give me technical support and then, they are speaking English quickly with their first language interfering heavily with their English and then, to top it off, their phone is cutting out AND they are talking over ME! Grrrr! I know that this is a bad attitude coming from someone who teaches foreign languages, but I am also used to dealing with non-native speakers of English, but not these non-natives! ***end rant***

After two calls, they still have not emailed me the information that they said they would send!

bhodilee

InFrom wrote:Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

WHATCHOO SAYIN! You saying the USA don't inspire confidence? You some kinda hippie commie? Go back to Hippie Land Hippie! Cut your hair and get a job while you're at it!

MURRICA!

USA! USA! USA!

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:***rant*** I so hate calling customer service only to find that the reps are non-native speakers of English who are trying to give me technical support and then, they are speaking English quickly with their first language interfering heavily with their English and then, to top it off, their phone is cutting out AND they are talking over ME! Grrrr! I know that this is a bad attitude coming from someone who teaches foreign languages, but I am also used to dealing with non-native speakers of English, but not these non-natives! ***end rant***

After two calls, they still have not emailed me the information that they said they would send!

Just tell them you would like to speak to someone in the American Customer service because you're unable to understand them clearly enough to follow their detailed and highly technical instructions. Then when you speak to the American you can tell them India sucks.

The part I hate most about that whole thing: "Hi, this is John, how can I help you." THERE IS NO WAY YOUR NAME IS JOHN! Just give me your actual name, and I'll forget it just like I forget everyone's name.

Edit: Gosh I slipped on my brainiac hat for the post before this one and it got lodged. The initial version of this was rife with stupidity.

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:The part I hate most about that whole thing: "Hi, this is John, how can I help you." THERE IS NO WAY YOUR NAME IS JOHN! Just give me your actual name, and I'll forget it just like I forget everyone's name.

Welcome back.

CT

bahwm

The email took 25 minutes to arrive to my InBox. I proceeded to try to load the zip file only to find that it does not work on a Mac! They do not have software updates for this product that are Mac compatible! So, their plan is to send me another unit! Basically, we are talking about a Bluetooth hands-free speaker device that we are planning on using on our drive to Jersey tomorrow. Yes, we've had it since the spring and have noticed its farts but I thought a simple software update would work. Basically, when directions are spoken through our phones we get a direction coming through like: "Turn" and nothing more--even though more directions are visible on the GPS program on the phone! Urg! They are willing to replace the device, but lot of good that will do us for tomorrow! Maybe the store where we purchased it will could replace it for us? The saga continues . . .

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:***rant*** I so hate calling customer service only to find that the reps are non-native speakers of English who are trying to give me technical support and then, they are speaking English quickly with their first language interfering heavily with their English and then, to top it off, their phone is cutting out AND they are talking over ME! Grrrr! I know that this is a bad attitude coming from someone who teaches foreign languages, but I am also used to dealing with non-native speakers of English, but not these non-natives! ***end rant***

I agree! My kids had to buy their own cell phones and when they have a problem, I make them call customer service, and the tell me the same thing....they can't understand a word the rep is saying and the reps don't understand the problem with the phone.... grrr... it's a no win situation!

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Welcome back.

Thanks, I missed being me.

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:The email took 25 minutes to arrive to my InBox. I proceeded to try to load the zip file only to find that it does not work on a Mac! They do not have software updates for this product that are Mac compatible! So, their plan is to send me another unit! Basically, we are talking about a Bluetooth hands-free speaker device that we are planning on using on our drive to Jersey tomorrow. Yes, we've had it since the spring and have noticed its farts but I thought a simple software update would work. Basically, when directions are spoken through our phones we get a direction coming through like: "Turn" and nothing more--even though more directions are visible on the GPS program on the phone! Urg! They are willing to replace the device, but lot of good that will do us for tomorrow! Maybe the store where we purchased it will could replace it for us? The saga continues . . .

I'd say just use Apple maps, but I like the two of you and don't want to see you injured.

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:WHATCHOO SAYIN! You saying the USA don't inspire confidence? You some kinda hippie commie? Go back to Hippie Land Hippie! Cut your hair and get a job while you're at it!

MURRICA!

USA! USA! USA!

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that -- so glad it was you. I this.

bhodilee wrote:... Edit: Gosh I slipped on my brainiac hat for the post before this one and it got lodged. The initial version of this was rife with stupidity.

One can only imagine. Thank you for editing!

bahwm

bahwm wrote:The email took 25 minutes to arrive to my InBox. I proceeded to try to load the zip file only to find that it does not work on a Mac! They do not have software updates for this product that are Mac compatible! So, their plan is to send me another unit! Basically, we are talking about a Bluetooth hands-free speaker device that we are planning on using on our drive to Jersey tomorrow. Yes, we've had it since the spring and have noticed its farts but I thought a simple software update would work. Basically, when directions are spoken through our phones we get a direction coming through like: "Turn" and nothing more--even though more directions are visible on the GPS program on the phone! Urg! They are willing to replace the device, but lot of good that will do us for tomorrow! Maybe the store where we purchased it will could replace it for us? The saga continues . . .

Aha! Should have called the store first! Silly bahwm! They will replace items for up to one year from date of purchase. No prob. Bring in the device and receipt and they'll give me a new one! Hopefully, the new one will have the software properly updated! Off to the store I go!

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:Aha! Should have called the store first! Silly bahwm! They will replace items for up to one year from date of purchase. No prob. Bring in the device and receipt and they'll give me a new one! Hopefully, the new one will have the software properly updated! Off to the store I go!

So um, the manufacturer still gonna send you a replacement?

bhodilee

InFrom wrote:One can only imagine. Thank you for editing!

I had a feeling that was lobbed in there

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:I'd say just use Apple maps, but I like the two of you and don't want to see you injured.

Grab the free app "waze", available for most platforms.
Great traffic, verbal prompting, multiple routing options.
Been using it now on my iPad over a year, but have also seen it on android devices.

CT

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:I had a feeling that was lobbed in there

??? Not sure what you mean.

bhodilee

InFrom wrote:??? Not sure what you mean.

it's the first thing that popped in my head when I read it (though I'll admit, my brain does not work like most). I felt it was there specifically for me to pounce on. I didn't want to disappoint. Glad I didn't!

edit: and that was in regards to the first part of your post regarding MURICA! not the second part about my editing.

see, brain not like yours

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:it's the first thing that popped in my head when I read it (though I'll admit, my brain does not work like most). I felt it was there specifically for me to pounce on. I didn't want to disappoint. Glad I didn't!

I figured I'd either get some kind of actual reactionary reaction, or something from an inspired lunatic. Glad it was the latter.

edit: and that was in regards to the first part of your post regarding MURICA! not the second part about my editing.

I get that now.

see, brain not like yours

Si. I think it's b/c of the kale in the smoothies.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Grab the free app "waze", available for most platforms.
Great traffic, verbal prompting, multiple routing options.
Been using it now on my iPad over a year, but have also seen it on android devices.

Have it on my phone, so yes, it works on android devices.

However, if you remember, my GPS worked way better that Waze on time and routes in February.

But I really like it for the PoPo alerts.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Have it on my phone, so yes, it works on android devices.

However, if you remember, my GPS worked way better that Waze on time and routes in February.

But I really like it for the PoPo alerts.

Sparky, what GPS are you using on your phone?

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:So um, the manufacturer still gonna send you a replacement?

I think not. There is probably too much of a paper trail. And, if I went thru their hoops any further, I still might have to return the "defective" product which is now in the hands of our phone store. New device is in front of me. ddeuddeg & I have to make a food delivery for the successful bidder from the Feast on the Picnic in the Park auction item that we offered, so we will give the new device a whirl then. Time will tell.

bahwm

Back to smoothies again: I think I am incapable of making a smoothie recipe that will only fit in two glasses! Each time I try I got four FULL glasses. Today I tried avocado, blueberries, banana, greek yogurt and some vanilla flavored almond milk. I think this one is a little bitter or something. Some sweetener would be helpful--I think.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Back to smoothies again: I think I am incapable of making a smoothie recipe that will only fit in two glasses! Each time I try I got four FULL glasses. Today I tried avocado, blueberries, banana, greek yogurt and some vanilla flavored almond milk. I think this one is a little bitter or something. Some sweetener would be helpful--I think.

add some honey... and it is hard to make a small amount!!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Sparky, what GPS are you using on your phone?

Sorry, not on phone (use Maps when using phone), but rather my Garmin GPS unit.

No interruptions when cell phone rings.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

So now just 3 weeks til Labor Day when I'll be in Vegas... is it even worth a "thinking about" thread in gatherings?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:So now just 3 weeks til Labor Day when I'll be in Vegas... is it even worth a "thinking about" thread in gatherings?

It's Vegas, you're a Wineaux ... do we need more reasons?

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's Vegas, you're a Wineaux ... do we need more reasons?

fine. are you actually going to make it this time?

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
bhodilee wrote:Just tell them you would like to speak to someone in the American Customer service because you're unable to understand them clearly enough to follow their detailed and highly technical instructions. Then when you speak to the American you can tell them India sucks.

The part I hate most about that whole thing: "Hi, this is John, how can I help you." THERE IS NO WAY YOUR NAME IS JOHN! Just give me your actual name, and I'll forget it just like I forget everyone's name.

Reminds me of my favorite commercial