chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
bahwm wrote:lots of stuff

Not only are y'all the busiest people in the world, your garden wins awards when you're not even there. Even your garden is super motivated! I'm tired.

edit: sparkolith? I don't even know any more.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:We're home safe and sound.

WOW! even after being up for 24 hours... you guys go nonstop and prepare a wonderful meal, get laundry done, pick up packages....Glad you made it home safe and sound!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:WOW! even after being up for 24 hours... you guys go nonstop and prepare a wonderful meal, get laundry done, pick up packages....Glad you made it home safe and sound!!

I'd accuse them of being robots if I didn't know firsthand how caring, kind, feeling, and generous they are.

Or maybe that's just part of their programming...

Hmmmmm...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:I'd accuse them of being robots if I didn't know firsthand how caring, kind, feeling, and generous they are.

Or maybe that's just part of their programming...

Hmmmmm...

You may be onto something. Can anybody really be that nice? All the time?

Hmmmmm...

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:You may be onto something. Can anybody really be that nice? All the time?

Hmmmmm...

Sure, just look at me.

wait, why are you looking at me?

Stop that!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Looking for some input from you smokers out there...

Target daily deal - landmann smoker

Anyone have any opinions? Seems to have all the requisite parts...

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:Looking for some input from you smokers out there...

Target daily deal - landmann smoker

Anyone have any opinions? Seems to have all the requisite parts...

it appears to have no insulation, but maybe that isn't as critical with charcoal smokers? Dunno.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Sure, just look at me.

wait, why are you looking at me?

Stop that!

It's just so hard to not look at train wrecks!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:it appears to have no insulation, but maybe that isn't as critical with charcoal smokers? Dunno.

Indeed it's not, unless you're smoking in the middle of a MN winter...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Any of you guys that use electric razors to shave...any that you particularly like?
I need a new razor to replace my Braun 8995 that I've been using since 2006. I want one now that does not need that crazy cleaning system, so one that can be washed under the sink. Mainly also want one like that for travelling (ie. honeymoon) so I don't need to bring a cleaning system with me.
But also need a new one just for getting closer shaves, since even with buying the replacement foils & cutters for it, it's just not doing a great job anymore.
So....any suggestions for a good razor out there? Hopefully one that I can get on Amazon with our Prime shipping.

EDIT: Currently considering this one from Panasonic. Anyone have any personal experience with this one or other similar Panasonic ones?

Also considering this one from Braun.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Any of you guys that use electric razors to shave...any that you particularly like?
I need a new razor to replace my Braun 8995 that I've been using since 2006. I want one now that does not need that crazy cleaning system, so one that can be washed under the sink. Mainly also want one like that for travelling (ie. honeymoon) so I don't need to bring a cleaning system with me.
But also need a new one just for getting closer shaves, since even with buying the replacement foils & cutters for it, it's just not doing a great job anymore.
So....any suggestions for a good razor out there? Hopefully one that I can get on Amazon with our Prime shipping.

EDIT: Currently considering this one from Panasonic. Anyone have any personal experience with this one or other similar Panasonic ones?

Be a man, grow a beard.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

HitAnyKey42

North316 wrote:Be a man, grow a beard.

A certain woman I'm marrying in 10 days doesn't like a beard.
Plus, I don't exactly care to have a beard all the time. Plus, I'd still need a razor of some sort to keep it trimmed. Though obviously would need a different brand/type that I'm currently looking at. I get my 5 o'clock shadow by 11am....so I need something that does a close shave of my super fast growing facial hair.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Be a man; shave with a hunting knife and catch a fish out of a hole in the ice with your bare hands.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Any of you guys that use electric razors to shave...any that you particularly like?

I use a Norelco. This looks like a current version of what I use. Just rinse under the faucet periodically. Decent charge for days of shaving. I haven't changed heads on my current one yet. I think this is the third Norelco in past 25-30 years, so pretty good life.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON

I have been using the same Norelco for the past 30 years. No rinse, just blow out every time I use, and brush out once in a while. I think I've replaced the blades a couple of times. The only downer is that the power supply transformer uses a manual switch to switch from 115 to 230 volts, so I have to be careful when I travel.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

polarbear22 wrote:I use a Norelco. This looks like a current version of what I use. Just rinse under the faucet periodically. Decent charge for days of shaving. I haven't changed heads on my current one yet. I think this is the third Norelco in past 25-30 years, so pretty good life.

Yeah, that looks close to what I use, only rinse-able, which mine is not.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

Are you a foil person or a rotary person? Sounds like you are foil, while PolarBear and I are rotary people.

(as of 2011-03-02)

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
polarbear22 wrote:I use a Norelco. This looks like a current version of what I use. Just rinse under the faucet periodically. Decent charge for days of shaving. I haven't changed heads on my current one yet. I think this is the third Norelco in past 25-30 years, so pretty good life.

+1. The rinse under the faucet feature is great, and the charge holds for at least 2-3 weeks.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

HitAnyKey42

JOATMON wrote:Are you a foil person or a rotary person? Sounds like you are foil, while PolarBear and I are rotary people.

I had a Norelco similar to that years & years ago before switching to the foil Braun which I seemed to like more, I think. So I do think I'm more of a foil person. Anyway, since a click-able coupon thingy dropped the price of the Panasonic one to less than the Braun I was looking at, I decided to just jump in and grab that one. I'll get it on Friday and check it out over the weekend. If I don't like it I can always return it and go back to Braun. Or something like that.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

Bleh.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Use a blade. Faster and better.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I had a Norelco similar to that years & years ago before switching to the foil Braun which I seemed to like more, I think. So I do think I'm more of a foil person. Anyway, since a click-able coupon thingy dropped the price of the Panasonic one to less than the Braun I was looking at, I decided to just jump in and grab that one. I'll get it on Friday and check it out over the weekend. If I don't like it I can always return it and go back to Braun. Or something like that.

I have had a Norelco (triple head) for many years, and got a Braun (foil) a couple of years ago. It's never as close shaving as my Norelco (which I also still have). The Braun is the self-cleaning (push the button in the base) one, which I keep saying I'm going to make the solution (saw it on-line somewhere) for it and never do. The Norelco needs a rinse, and every so often a rinse in their solution.

Used to have a Remington a long time ago, but it never shaved as good as my Norelco shavers.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
coynedj wrote:Use a blade. Faster and better.

What is this razor/shaver device you speak of..?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Bleh.

I use Norelco rotary shavers. Never liked the foil versions. My only complaint so far is that the battery doesn't last forever, so it's a required replacement more frequently than 20+ years.

Beards are excellent. molarchae would shoot me if I decided to shave the beard off.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:What is this razor/shaver device you speak of..?

Something you haven't seen since your days coming out West in your family's Conestoga Wagon.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs!!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

What happened?

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:What happened?

I'm noticing a dancing Mario added to Sparky's signature. Unsure if that was done by Sparky or TT, but I'm guessing TT.

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:I'm noticing a dancing Mario added to Sparky's signature. Unsure if that was done by Sparky or TT, but I'm guessing TT.

And she thinks we don't notice! But Sparky? At what time in the dark..! She's got him on the run now.

CT

tiger7610

Run Sparky Run?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tiger7610 wrote:Run Sparky Run?

See Sparky.
See Sparky run.
Run Sparky, run!

See Mario.
See Mario dance.
Dance Mario, dance!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ThunderThighs wrote:See Sparky.
See Sparky run.
Run Sparky, run!

See Mario.
See Mario dance.
Dance Mario, dance!

Is this a proper example for a staff member to be setting? Seems like maybe you have too much time on your hands. We already know Sparky does.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Is this a proper example for a staff member to be setting? Seems like maybe you have too much time on your hands. We already know Sparky does.

This WW, and it IS noon in TX, and she could be home medicating...

CT

tiger7610

I think I prefer a staff member who likes to have fun. Plus who doesnt like a dancing mario?

bhodilee

tiger7610 wrote:I think I prefer a staff member who likes to have fun. Plus who doesnt like a dancing mario?

I'll tell you who! Luigi, Luigi hates a dancing Mario! Short hairy glory hog!

Does it matter that Luigi was Travolta's understudy in Saturday Night Fever?

Does it matter that the only reason he didn't star in Dirty Dancing was because he was contractually obligated to Super Mario Brothers?

Does it matter that he received a medal of merit from the Toadstool Kingdom Royal Ballet Academy?

Does it matter that he's frequently referred to, by true connoisseurs of the art, as the 2D Mikhail Baryshnikov?

NO, NO IT DOESN'T MATTER A LICK! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT OBESE BLOCK BREAKING SCENE STEALER!

If it hadn't been for a fateful and freakishly gruesome Grand Jete it WOULD HAVE BEEN LUIGI IN THE STARRING ROLE OF SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!

rassin frassing Mario!

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!!

I like that first one, Sparky. It's got a real, "why, I oughta..." quality that is a perfect response to the mischief done to your sig.

BTW, nice work, TT!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

To the Moon, TT! To the Moon!!!

Edit: BTW, are they ever going to add the two tabs (Woot Plus and Gatherings) to the links at the bottom? It's a pain to have to keep scrolling back to the top to do so!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I'm noticing a dancing Mario added to Sparky's signature. Unsure if that was done by Sparky or TT, but I'm guessing TT.

Uh huh. Good logic there. I'm going to post angry emoticons to TT if I added Mario. Methinks someone needs a rest, since they've obviously been working (and stressing) too hard on work and the upcoming nuptials.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Is this a proper example for a staff member to be setting? Seems like maybe you have too much time on your hands. We already know Sparky does.