losthighwayz

quality posts: 54 Private Messages losthighwayz

Anyone in SoCal want to split this? Dozen too many for me.

"The older I get the better I was"

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Once I saw the red lights flashing, I was hoping I'd cause the sellout, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last Wooter to Woot:
InFrom

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
InFrom wrote:Once I saw the red lights flashing, I was hoping I'd cause the sellout, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

at least 3 more are still left

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
andreaserben wrote:at least 3 more are still left

Hope I won't regret this . Only 1 zin drinker in the house , and I be it.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
jamesozzello wrote:Hope I won't regret this . Only 1 zin drinker in the house , and I be it.

Not too expensive to make Sangria, desserts, or sauces with it if nobody else wants it

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:Wait wait wait. I have never had a delivery from a reefer truck!!

see? that's why so many from Colorado are in on it!

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk

ETA - and if anyone in Denver area didn't get in and wants a few, let me know.

renwoodwinery

quality posts: 17 Private Messages renwoodwinery

I want to thank you all for your interest in our wine. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did making it.
Cheers

Jon Affonso
Renwood Winery

cdgrimm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cdgrimm

I think my shipment is lost in the back of some roasting hot FedEx truck somewhere! Shipping info was sent on August 5, and there's been no word from the bottles since........!

netyahoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netyahoo
cdgrimm wrote:I think my shipment is lost in the back of some roasting hot FedEx truck somewhere! Shipping info was sent on August 5, and there's been no word from the bottles since........!

Mine must be sitting next to it

NeT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 501 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cdgrimm wrote:I think my shipment is lost in the back of some roasting hot FedEx truck somewhere! Shipping info was sent on August 5, and there's been no word from the bottles since........!

That's just from the electronic info being sent to FedEx to expect a shipment. That's how they create shipping labels. We're still within the 2-3 week period for wine shipments.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

hendoos19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hendoos19

This is my first comment since joining woot.

I am rather disappointed that I have opened 8 bottles because 5 of them have been bad. I am new to the wine scene and learning a lot, but the bottles that were bad had a very dark film on them and the wine tasted worse than vinegar. I'm thinking about contacting customer service, but I don't know if there is anything they can do.

The bottles that were fine, were quite good and I have the 2008 Syrah from a prior woot that is very delicious.

I hope no one else has these issues, but I thought I would reach out to see.

Thanks!

bigfrank

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bigfrank
hendoos19 wrote:This is my first comment since joining woot.

I am rather disappointed that I have opened 8 bottles because 5 of them have been bad. I am new to the wine scene and learning a lot, but the bottles that were bad had a very dark film on them and the wine tasted worse than vinegar. I'm thinking about contacting customer service, but I don't know if there is anything they can do.

The bottles that were fine, were quite good and I have the 2008 Syrah from a prior woot that is very delicious.

Thanks!

Not sure what happened to your shippment. I opened 1 a day for the last 5 days and all were good. Cork loos very light so IMO I am going to age the rest a few years. I have been having the wine with Peachs and it does taste great. Looking to get more at this price you can not go wrong

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks!

So sorry for the problems. Email support@woot.com and they'll help you out.

tonymh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonymh

WE have opened three bottles and they have all been oxidized. Hot raisiny flavored with a dark film in the bottle and a fair amount of sediment. we have not been able to drink them. I am very disappointed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tonymh wrote:WE have opened three bottles and they have all been oxidized. Hot raisiny flavored with a dark film in the bottle and a fair amount of sediment. we have not been able to drink them. I am very disappointed.

Yikes! Sorry for the problem. Email support@woot.com so they can take care of you.

cdgrimm

I still do not have this shipment. FedEx tracking says they tried to deliver it last Friday, but found the business closed. That seems very odd because there were about 20 people here all day last Friday!! Not sure where they tried to deliver it.

I called FedEx after seeing that on Friday afternoon to find out what was up and to ask that they not try to deliver it on Sat because no one would be there on Sat. Well, they tried to deliver it on Sat, and found the business closed!!

Because it was shipped "Home Delivery," FedEx does not deliver on Mondays, so we will see if it gets here today or not.

In any case, it has obviously been sitting in a hot truck for at least three of the past four days. We will see what kind of condition it arrives in, if it ever gets here.............

Update -- The bottles arrived! The FedEx driver said the driver on Friday didn't know where he was going??! First taste last night was not so good, that particular bottle was definitely past prime, we'll see how the others are.

masstu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages masstu

Sorry, but we did not enjoy the wine. It was past its prime. It was brown in color and not at all tasty. Yuck. 2007 - not a good year, evidently.

renwoodwinery wrote:Hello My name is Jon Affonso and I am the Assistant Winemaker for Renwood Winery. I will be checking on the web site periodically to see if there are questions that I might be able to answer. Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind. I hope to be of service and, more importantly, I hope you enjoy the wine.

cdgrimm

masstu wrote:Sorry, but we did not enjoy the wine. It was past its prime. It was brown in color and not at all tasty. Yuck. 2007 - not a good year, evidently.

Agreed. This wine was bad! All gone way past what should even be put up for sale. it's a trap Wine Woot and on Renwood!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cdgrimm wrote:Agreed. This wine was bad! All gone way past what should even be put up for sale. it's a trap Wine Woot and on Renwood!

Sorry for the problems with the wine. Email support@woot.com and they'll take care of you. Include your wooter username and order number for faster service.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

Thanks!

Just opened my first bottle and it was def. bad-hoping for beeter with the other 11.

andrewgbiggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewgbiggs

I purchased this and while a few bottles were okay, most had gone bad probably due to age -- the wine itself was yellowish and not drinkable. 2007 is old for a newly-bought Zin, which is usually drunk quickly, and that might be the issue. Thought I'd leave a comments since it seems they offer these same wines occasionally.

ThunderThighs

Staff

andrewgbiggs wrote:I purchased this and while a few bottles were okay, most had gone bad probably due to age -- the wine itself was yellowish and not drinkable. 2007 is old for a newly-bought Zin, which is usually drunk quickly, and that might be the issue. Thought I'd leave a comments since it seems they offer these same wines occasionally.

Sorry about those bad bottles. Email support@woot.com and they'll take care of you.

andrewgbiggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewgbiggs

I contacted support and they graciously refunded me for the bottles that had gone bad. Prompt service and no hassles -- thanks, Woot!