MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:If this is true, and who am I to question, Sparky deserves a case of vinegar for his next order.

Hail to WD, the ultimate enabler!

And you can start walking to NoCal #20!!! Unless you meant a case of the Balsamic Vinegar!

Can I help it if I got sweepy last night before Midnight?

Edit:

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to WineDavid39!!

Happy Birthday to WineDavid39!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Silly Klez! Wedding Reception means a late night ... which means no 8 am flights!!!

Not when it wraps up at 5pm...silly Sparky! Late nights will be strictly voluntary

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

WineDavid - Many Happy Returns of the Day!

(Sparky or CJ, you might want to update the gathering list to be Aug 10 - unless the 17th is still a possibility. Also who is going to convince Cheron to stream her wedding? Will she be lighting her dress on fire and running into the ocean?)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman

bahwm wrote:Great! Your Thanksgiving weekend or ours?

The Thanksgiving all about the pilgrims, Mayflower, etc. Not the original one (which for some reason you guys call Columbus Day).

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Not when it wraps up at 5pm...silly Sparky! Late nights will be strictly voluntary

Silly Klez, only in Canada are they voluntary after wedding receptions!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Happy Birthday WD!!! May you have many, many, more!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:The Thanksgiving all about the pilgrims, Mayflower, etc. Not the original one (which for some reason you guys call Columbus Day).

Or Hot Tamales's Day if you're Native American

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

Speaking of dogs .... Happy National Hot Dog Day!!

Free at 7-11 stores (with App) and $1 dogs at Sonic.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

What's up with people posting lab rat reviews in the main forum? Did I not get the memo, or does the lab rat program not exist?

MarkDaSpark

loveladyelectric wrote:What's up with people posting lab rat reviews in the main forum? Did I not get the memo, or does the lab rat program not exist?

The lab rat program does not exist. However, bottles do seem to fall off FedEx trucks into wooter laps every so often, but we do not speak of that.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
ddeuddeg wrote:Yeah, he keeps threatening to come East for stuff, but rarely delivers. We still love him, though.

Not to mention a return trip to Denver. Hell, we even moved the last gathering due to his time constraints... not that he showed.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
MarkDaSpark wrote:The lab rat program does not exist. However, bottles do seem to fall off FedEx trucks into wooter laps every so often, but we do not speak of that.

I've had my share of bottles get shipped to my house on accident, but, like you said, I don't speak of that. First rule of inexistent lab rat club...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Silly Klez, only in Canada are they voluntary after wedding receptions!

See now you're just looking for excuses not to come.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Not when it wraps up at 5pm...silly Sparky! Late nights will be strictly voluntary

And isn't that really 2PM for us here!? Who ever heard of ~stopping~ at 2PM?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Is anyone else having problems with W.W loading and crashing?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

loveladyelectric wrote:What's up with people posting lab rat reviews in the main forum? Did I not get the memo, or does the lab rat program not exist?

Methinks perhaps a note should be included in the future? Or just 86 the offenders?

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Is anyone else having problems with W.W loading and crashing?

No but I'll blame you if it's broken.

PS: Help! Save me! It's a madhouse here!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:No but I'll blame you if it's broken.

Yet you still make time for us
Coming to the wootception?

CT

cheron98

rjquillin wrote:And isn't that really 2PM for us here!? Who ever heard of ~stopping~ at 2PM?

Well, we ARE planning on heading to the boardwalk in the evening, but that's totally voluntary for anyone else. Besides, he could easily stay up til (only) 10pm and have gotten his fill of hanging out with us and still be able to call that an early night.

Just making excuses now

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:No but I'll blame you if it's broken.

Come to the Wootception and we'll save you

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Methinks perhaps a note should be included in the future? Or just 86 the offenders?

unfortunately there were probably notes included. hence a comment about being offended with the no rat. Some folks are just a little to slow too catch on

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:unfortunately there were probably notes included. hence a comment about being offended with the no rat. Some folks are just a little to slow too catch on

Several bottles previously received, no notes of any sort inside.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Yet you still make time for us
Coming to the wootception?

I just bought tickets, rent car, and hotel to take my son back to college in Sept. $$. $$. $$

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ThunderThighs wrote:I just bought tickets, rent car, and hotel to take my son back to college in Sept. $$. $$. $$

Son is in college, and needs to be taken back? Send him off on his own, save $. $. $., and join us at the wootception. Sounds simple to me.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
North316 wrote:Several bottles previously received, no notes of any sort inside.

Correct, at least in the past. wait for the next one you find...

I was referring to this post http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5506808&pageindex=1&replycount=19#post5506818

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:Son is in college, and needs to be taken back? Send him off on his own, save $. $. $., and join us at the wootception. Sounds simple to me.

LOL. He's under 25 so can't rent a car. He doesn't take a car with him as they have a great shuttle service there.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:LOL. He's under 25 so can't rent a car. He doesn't take a car with him as they have a great shuttle service there.

Most states DO allow renters under 25, though they charge extra for the rental. And if that doesn't work, skip the big companies anyways: Relay Rides

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mommadeb1 wrote:Happy Birthday WD!!! May you have many, many, more!!

Hello and thanks for all the Birthday wishes. My user name is getting increasingly fictional..

just got back from a trail run with my kid at Muir Woods. We live less than 40 minutes from there and had yet to go. a beautiful spot and a great morning.

onward !!

ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Most states DO allow renters under 25, though they charge extra for the rental. And if that doesn't work, skip the big companies anyways: Relay Rides

Heh, interesting idea. All his stuff is in storage so we have to move him back in. Takes about 3 trips - art student so lots of supplies. And his birthday is that same weekend as the move so we can spend it together.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Happy B-day, WD!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

FYI: There is a new phone scam out there.

If anyone call you for any reason and asks for you to dial *72, DO NOT do this. This gives the most recent caller the ability to call anywhere on your telephone account.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
kylemittskus wrote:FYI: There is a new phone scam out there.

If anyone call you for any reason and asks for you to dial *72, DO NOT do this. This gives the most recent caller the ability to call anywhere on your telephone account.

I expect better out of people like you...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:FYI: There is a new phone scam out there.

for realz???

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:for realz???

No.

For most people *72 turns call forwarding on or off.

So if someone tricked you into typing *728675309 then incoming calls to you would be forwarded to Jenny.

And yes you would pay for the call from you to Jenny's phone, but it hardly "gives the most recent caller the ability to call anywhere on your telephone account."

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Well, we ARE planning on heading to the boardwalk in the evening, but that's totally voluntary for anyone else. Besides, he could easily stay up til (only) 10pm and have gotten his fill of hanging out with us and still be able to call that an early night.

Just making excuses now

It'll also be the first weekend Mom will be up there on her own. So no.

klezman

zTimothyBz wrote:WineDavid - Many Happy Returns of the Day!

(Sparky or CJ, you might want to update the gathering list to be Aug 10 - unless the 17th is still a possibility. Also who is going to convince Cheron to stream her wedding? Will she be lighting her dress on fire and running into the ocean?)

Aug 17 I may even be able to make!

klezman

trifecta wrote:unfortunately there were probably notes included. hence a comment about being offended with the no rat. Some folks are just a little to slow too catch on

I'll have to wait and see what gets included next time a bottle falls off a truck near me.

Happy birthday WD, since you know it's better when it's both on woot and facebook!

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:Heh, interesting idea. All his stuff is in storage so we have to move him back in. Takes about 3 trips - art student so lots of supplies. And his birthday is that same weekend as the move so we can spend it together.

Excuses, excuses.

Tell the woot Godiva that we need to have a Moderator on hand, in person, to make sure we don't post inappropriately or something, and that you will make the sacrifice to go if they foot the bill.

Or something.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Is it bad that I'm so wiped out from today that I'm drinking the last bit of my Triacipedis straight from the bottle instead of cleaning a glass?