sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Last night I had a dream - in it Elvis came down and told me that I must break down and buy Stillman Brown Pinot Noir today because I love Pink Zeppelin and my Petit Sirah is still resting in it's nesting place. Needless to say I always listen to Elvis - in for 2!

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

I just sprung for the Pinot, the Cab, and the PS. It's a good thing the central coast had already red sold out...

My wife is going to be pissed.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive
schaeferr wrote:I just sprung for the Pinot, the Cab, and the PS. It's a good thing the central coast had already red sold out...

My wife is going to be pissed.

Yeah my wife is not happy... I got 1 order of the CS, 2 orders of the PN, and 3 orders of the Red. And then she ordered 3 of the red too. Cause she actually liked the red enough to say oh that was a good wine.

So much for depleting the wine stash.

I blame you Stillman for my angry wife!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive
rjquillin wrote:

Oh there was an entry for the Red.
https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/wine.asp?iWine=1420842

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

C'mon stillman, bring back the pink, it was awesome.

CT

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

+1 for the PN and PS.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Rats should have jumped on the Red and the Cab together, not surprised with the sell out, expect more sell outs on this offering

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
loveladyelectric wrote:Where's the Tempranillo offering, Stillman?!

Sorry, that's not going to happen here. Maybe next year?

stillmanbrown

cortot20 wrote:C'mon stillman, bring back the pink, it was awesome.

There's a case of it in the soon-to-be-closed tasting room, but it's reserved for home use.
You know where I live, right?

stillmanbrown

sdfreedive wrote:Yeah my wife is not happy... I got 1 order of the CS, 2 orders of the PN, and 3 orders of the Red. And then she ordered 3 of the red too. Cause she actually liked the red enough to say oh that was a good wine.

So much for depleting the wine stash.

I blame you Stillman for my angry wife!

I expect you to defend me, sir!
Failing that, you could pay a visit, sword in hand, and find that I do in fact have a case or so underneath a pile of old wine labels and new "Meth Leppard" T-shirts....

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
stillmanbrown wrote:There's a case of it in the soon-to-be-closed tasting room, but it's reserved for home use.
You know where I live, right?

Stillman - you holding out on me? I thought I bought all there was!

Seriously, this is why I don't visit wine.woot much any more. It makes me incredibly crabby to sit on the sidelines and watch others purchase nectar that can no longer be delivered to the state of Virginia by wine.woot. :-(

stillmanbrown

kkv123 wrote:Stillman - you holding out on me? I thought I bought all there was!

Seriously, this is why I don't visit wine.woot much any more. It makes me incredibly crabby to sit on the sidelines and watch others purchase nectar that can no longer be delivered to the state of Virginia by wine.woot. :-(

Blame the distributor mafiosi and their legislative monkeys, not WW.

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
stillmanbrown wrote:Blame the distributor mafiosi and their legislative monkeys, not WW.

I don't blame wine.woot. But that doesn't make me any less crabby.

zdixon7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zdixon7

In for one PN! First post on the forums, but not first woot.

Given the great presence by the seller on the forums, I had to give it a try.

stillmanbrown

zdixon7 wrote:In for one PN! First post on the forums, but not first woot.

Given the great presence by the seller on the forums, I had to give it a try.

You mean my stupid jokes, indecipherable enological gibberish, and constant, prickly defensive ranting are paying off? Why thank you!

stillmanbrown

The Verdejo and the Cabernet will disappear next - I don't see any throbbing (blinking? pulsing?) icons as I usually do, maybe Woot Plus doesn't work that way, but I know what's going on . . .

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
stillmanbrown wrote:The Verdejo and the Cabernet will disappear next - I don't see any throbbing (blinking? pulsing?) icons as I usually do, maybe Woot Plus doesn't work that way, but I know what's going on . . .

Plus "Buy it now" buttons should be seizure inducing as well. I believe it kicks in at 5 or 10% remaining, not sure which.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
stillmanbrown wrote:The Verdejo and the Cabernet will disappear next - I don't see any throbbing (blinking? pulsing?) icons as I usually do, maybe Woot Plus doesn't work that way, but I know what's going on . . .

The The cab is a goner, and Verdejo is now pulsing!

CT

stillmanbrown

rjquillin wrote:The The cab is a goner, and Verdejo is now pulsing!

Shows how much I know about woot. Really, I can't see them, and I'm on a laptop - though I have answered some questions on this thread on an iPhone 4, which isn't easy. Especially while driving the 101 from San Luis Obispo to Buellton.
OK, I'm mostly kidding.

stillmanbrown

Interesting that the two wines I consume the least of sold out first, and it's not just because of the quantity allocated.
Then again, if I'd drunk them all they wouldn't be in the offering, would they?

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
stillmanbrown wrote:Interesting that the two wines I consume the least of sold out first, and it's not just because of the quantity allocated.
Then again, if I'd drunk them all they wouldn't be in the offering, would they?

Are you out of the white label PS? That was one of my favorites.

stillmanbrown

loveladyelectric wrote:Are you out of the white label PS? That was one of my favorites.

I've got some ratholed for three local restaurants, and a couple of cases for my direct wine list.

stillmanbrown

I'd say that you only have 26 more hours to ask me a question, except that if you already have a bottle of my wine around, you already have my cell phone # and can text me anytime. (Sometimes I wake up at 2 AM Pacific time).
That's not a good time to call, though.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

The bottle on the PN looks red in the picture. Is the glass black? Should I wrap it up to protect it from light if I'm throwing it in the cellar?

stillmanbrown

loveladyelectric wrote:The bottle on the PN looks red in the picture. Is the glass black? Should I wrap it up to protect it from light if I'm throwing it in the cellar?

The monkeys backlighted it for photographic purposes; the glass isn't black but it's hardly clear. Unless you have strong florescent lights in your cellar that are on a lot, or some similar light exposure, it needs no more protection than other wines. That said, it's Pinot Noir, which is generally thought to be more vulnerable to shock and imperfect storage than wines made out of, say, grape extract and oak chips.

stillmanbrown

Bye, all!

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Gracias Mr. Brown. Your wines and your presence are much appreciated!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...