Kunde4thGen

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Kunde4thGen

As a winery and a fourth generation Kunde, we truly appreciate all of your kind comments. We'll keep making great wine as long as you keep enjoying it!!!

Please come out for a visit. If you have the chance to be a lucky purchaser of this lovely wine, you'll need to visit our Mountain Top tasting site, to see first hand the rocky, wind swept terraces from which this wine was created.

gwg66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
Kunde4thGen wrote:As a winery and a fourth generation Kunde, we truly appreciate all of your kind comments. We'll keep making great wine as long as you keep enjoying it!!!

Please come out for a visit. If you have the chance to be a lucky purchaser of this lovely wine, you'll need to visit our Mountain Top tasting site, to see first hand the rocky, wind swept terraces from which this wine was created.

Thanks Kunde4thGen! In for 3 aka - the MAX! Love your wines & can't wait to get back out to Sonoma to visit your wine-farm.....

Kunde Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (2)

Speed to First Woot:1m 10.007s

First Sucker: mill

Last Wooter to Woot: gwg66

Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
Kunde4thGen wrote:Hi Wine Wooters,

Kunde4thGen here,

I've opened up the cellar doors on this one. We had a small amount (40 cases to be exact) of our 2007 Reserve Cabernet left in our cellars and thought what a great opportunity to launch it with our friends at wine.woot. We have not had this wine available in our Tasting Room for some time. Regularly retailing at $45 / bottle, we feel this is quite a great deal.

As the description reads, the fruit was harvested from our Estate vineyards above our Mountain Top tasting site, for those of your have been on that excursion. Our winemaker enhanced this Cab with a touch of Petit Verdot, intensifying the lovely cherry and dark chocolate components with a sassy touch of spice. Hope you enjoy!

Exactly how much Petit Verdot is in this? Thanks..

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

Whelp ... despite my moratorium against buying during the hot Houston summer. I have liked the past Kunde offerings and with all the comments had to dive into the pool.

Speed to first woot: 1m 10.007s
First sucker:mill
Last wooter to woot:alukan
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

Summer shipping don't fail me now

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
cmaldoon wrote:I won't be home until 1700 PST but I will surely check then. I remember them being decent but not $40-50 decent. $25-$30 decent...possibly. Ill check back.

I got home and checked just in time to figure out that I wanted 2 sets.

Went to check out, only 1 set available

Ok I'll take 1

Credit card on file expired

Changed number

Changed it on the wrong address

Changed it on the correct address

Place order

Sold out...DENIED.

:-(

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

alukan wrote:Whelp ... despite my moratorium against buying during the hot Houston summer. I have liked the past Kunde offerings and with all the comments had to dive into the pool.

Speed to first woot: 1m 10.007s
First sucker:mill
Last wooter to woot:alukan
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

Summer shipping don't fail me now

We'll get it there. Thanks for trusting it.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:Buy. I can't afford it right now, so this way I can live vicariously through you.

well... missed out ...again!! you would think I would have learned my lesson!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cmaldoon wrote:I got home and checked just in time to figure out that I wanted 2 sets.

Went to check out, only 1 set available

Ok I'll take 1

Credit card on file expired

Changed number

Changed it on the wrong address

Changed it on the correct address

Place order

Sold out...DENIED.

:-(

Now if you only knew someone who got 2 (or 3) sets!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Now if you only knew someone who got 2 (or 3) sets!!!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

newbies: listen to this man. He knows his stuff more than most around here.

rpm wrote:Probably, but it should be entering its relatively mute phase within the next year or so. Remember, ageworthy California Cabernet usually enjoys an initial period of fruit-dominated good (if a little tannic) drinking (unlike traditionally made Bordeaux) until the age of around 5-6, then settles into a period where it seems 'dumb' or 'mute' as the fruit flavors and aromas begin to recede and the bottle aromas and complexity develop. That phase lasts until around 10 or so, depending on the vintage and the wine. Based on my 50+ years of drinking California Cabernet, I know that my preference is for Cabernet that has been through and emerged from the mute phase. That's why my rule of thumb is not to drink Cabernet before it's at least 10.

Of course, not everyone has this preference and I have been known to enjoy younger, fruit-dominated (but not fruit forward) Cabernet from time to time as well. YMMV as they say.

deasmusico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deasmusico

Sad I missed out on this, but I suppose being on my honeymoon is a good enough excuse. Kunde makes some good wine. They also have one of the most beautiful vineyards in the world. If you get the chance, do the mountain top tasting! It's an amazing spot, and I actually proposed at that very spot. Can't be beat!