ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rpm wrote:Scott's InZINerator is a very popular wine on woot for good reason - it's a fun, easy drinking, well-made Zinfandel that's honest about the (very slight, but discernible to the knowledgeable) hint of sweetness which makes it charming in its youth. It's not my favorite of Scott's wines, but it's a lovely wine that should not be overlooked.

Don't turn up your nose because it has a hint of RS! Most of the easy drinking reds you may remember from years gone by had from 1% to 2% residual sugar to make them amabile.

InZINerator is a wine to serve at a party where not a drop will remain!

If you haven't had InZINerator, try some!

I agree with everything here, but what surprises me is that no one has mentioned food pairings. So many wooters didn't like the '06, by far the sweetest of the InZinerator offerings, and I always felt that they were unable to find a good pairing. I never saw it as a wine to have with dinner, but served after the main course with a salad of roasted beets, goat cheese, and mixed greens, dressed with bahwm's wonderful vinaigrette, it was a very popular choice at a couple of Shakespeare benefit dinners. One of our church choir members likes it so much with appetizers and just for general quaffing that I always make sure to uncork one whenever she's visiting.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I shared my second to last 2007 MAGNUM of InZINerator with friends over Memorial Day weekend and it was enjoyed by all!

A bit different then your average Zin, but Scott doesn't make average wines!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I see how Inzin has a place for non wine drinkers. However, at $15 delivered it isnt such a bargain. I can serve my non wine drinking friends an $8 bottle of zin that would satisfy them just as much and I can guarantee you they would not know the difference. Be rest assured that I respect SH like so many wooters ( 1869 and Jana Cathedral to name a few) but the Inzin is just too "commercialized" for my taste buds.

"The older I get the better I was"

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I really love this wine! but I really need to resist. With all the things that I will be spending money on....I must, sadly, resist ..... but I do love this wine......

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:I see how Inzin has a place for non wine drinkers. However, at $15 delivered it isnt such a bargain. I can serve my non wine drinking friends an $8 bottle of zin that would satisfy them just as much and I can guarantee you they would not know the difference. Be rest assured that I respect SH like so many wooters ( 1869 and Jana Cathedral to name a few) but the Inzin is just too "commercialized" for my taste buds.



I agree with this.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Never met anyone whose go-to wine was Zin who didn't always have as serious sweet tooth.

Maybe that explains some of the variance in views of this wine? Makes no sense for people who don't care for sweeter/fruitier wines to disparage those who do.

I think SH is making a good call by making this Zin with relatively high RS, PLUS a dose of Forte, because Zin lovers love a sweet-ish wine.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
sdbcmr wrote:Never met anyone whose go-to wine was Zin who didn't always have as serious sweet tooth.

Maybe that explains some of the variance in views of this wine? Makes no sense for people who don't care for sweeter/fruitier wines to disparage those who do.

I think SH is making a good call by making this Zin with relatively high RS, PLUS a dose of Forte, because Zin lovers love a sweet-ish wine.


I disagree with your basic premise. I love Zin, but tend to dislike sweetish wines. Fruit - yes. RS - none or as close to none as doesn't matter.

I am interested in trying the InZINerator, because I haven't before and SH said this vintage isn't quite as sweet as some earlier vintages. Nonetheless I recognize it will be sweeter than pretty much everything else I have.

But I don't need five bottles, so I'm hoping I hear back from Tiger7610 before it's too late.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:
A 2004 InZin in 2013?
I thought these, as opposed to the Mountain, OVR and 1869, were for current consumption. How do you expect they will evolve?



There was a 2004 InZin that made the rounds at the SH dinner party back in February. I recall it had held up quite well for a 2004 Zin.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:There was a 2004 InZin that made the rounds at the SH dinner party back in February. I recall it had held up quite well for a 2004 Zin.

As I recall, you were at the preferred end of the table!
2004 Jana there as well...

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:As I recall, you were at the preferred end of the table!
2004 Jana there as well...



I did end up with a good seat, and great company

Only had a splash of the 2004 InZin...but ohh the 04 Cathederal....sublime

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
moondigger wrote:I disagree with your basic premise. I love Zin, but tend to dislike sweetish wines. Fruit - yes. RS - none or as close to none as doesn't matter.

I am interested in trying the InZINerator, because I haven't before and SH said this vintage isn't quite as sweet as some earlier vintages. Nonetheless I recognize it will be sweeter than pretty much everything else I have.

But I don't need five bottles, so I'm hoping I hear back from Tiger7610 before it's too late.

If you're close enough to negotiate with Tiger, you can't be too far from Buffalo. I'm sure we can provide an opportunity to try the InZin. There's plenty in the cellar.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

coolchris160


quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

Just in the nick of time :-)

Scott Harvey InZINerator (5)
Speed to first woot: 2m 19.882s
First sucker:GvnMcCld
Last wooter to woot:coolchris160
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:I did end up with a good seat, and great company

Only had a splash of the 2004 InZin...but ohh the 04 Cathederal....sublime


By the way, wasn't it the 03 Cathedral. And both were sublime.

Ramrod


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ramrod

This will teach me to ignore woot on a three day weekend. ARRGH

netfortius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages netfortius

Ordered this on June 23rd (when it was "woot"-ed) - promised delivery: 3-8 business days. July 9th - Fedex still has nothing but a note about an "anticipated" ship date of July 1st (!), and a status of "Shipment information sent to FedEx". Bad, bad ...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

netfortius wrote:Ordered this on June 23rd (when it was "woot"-ed) - promised delivery: 3-8 business days. July 9th - Fedex still has nothing but a note about an "anticipated" ship date of July 1st (!), and a status of "Shipment information sent to FedEx". Bad, bad ...

The holiday weekend throws a kink into everything. For summer shipping, they are very careful to only ship M-W to insure the wine keeps moving. We're still in the 2-3 week time frame expected for wine.woot per the FAQ.

Thanks!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders