HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bindsocket wrote:Is this being done by a different winery or did you guys just not renew your license for West Virginia? I've picked up the previous Woot Cellar offerings and really enjoyed them but since this one cannot be sent to WV guess I will have to miss out on this one.

Woot Cellars is just the name they put on it. Each Woot Cellars is made by various different wineries, and the shipping license is based on which winery produced each WC. This one is produced by Three Wine Company. The ones you had gotten previously, were probably made by a different winery.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
parrotice wrote:So... how long does this take to get to it's destination? The order page says it ships in 3 to 5 days, but the FAQ page says you'll recieve in 2-3 weeks. Does it take that long to ship?

I'm visiting a friend in New Jersey on 5/31, so I figure I'll get it delivered to her, but will she get it in time?

It's possible it could arrive, but there's never any sort of guarantee. Quick examples of past couple orders I've placed for delivery to NY:
Order on 3/31, delivered on 4/10.
Order on 12/6, delivered on 12/21.

Wow, have I really only ordered 2 wines (besides this one) since Dec? Dang, I actually did keep to my SIWBM pretty well.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

djhazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djhazard
danncer wrote:Hey, Mark! Any chance I could buy a bottle or two from you, maybe at the Wine and Burgers party in June? I don't have the space or the money for a full order. -- Ann (who is still alive and kicking in SoCal)

Ann, I'm in LA and contemplating buying this one. Are you located anywhere near here?

~Hazard

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

I definitely don't need a 1/2 case of this but if someone in LA wants to split (or even 2 people want to 1/3 each), let me know.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
time2testit wrote:I definitely don't need a 1/2 case of this but if someone in LA wants to split (or even 2 people want to 1/3 each), let me know.

Please check in at the new So Cal thread.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Interested in splitting 1/2 or 1/3 in MN.

wnance

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

I found myself with a bottle of this last week, and drank it over the weekend with my wife.

Upon pop and pour I immediately poured half the bottle into a 375 split, vacuvin'd and put back in the fridge to be revisited on a later day. More on that later...

The nose was very aromatic, with peach, maybe some apple, a bit of tropical fruit, some fresh herbal component and a little mineral. Very aromatic, and hinting of some residual sugar.

Like some others here, I also found the wine slightly effervescent upon entry, with the palate following the nose- still peach, white fruits, some tropical notes, with a bit of mineral, and I got lychee. Just the word. I don't even know if I've had enough lychees to know what they taste like, but the word kept popping up in my mind. What does that mean?

I did keep my glass going for a while, and was able to see the wine change a bit while exposed to the air. I found that after the better part of an hour, the effervescence went away for the most part, and the mouthfeel transformed to something a bit more oily and heavy, but in a good way. I preferred the wine the longer it was open.

In the end, this wine had a longer finish, and after opened for a long time reminded me more of some late harvest vignoles I've enjoyed here in the NY Finger Lakes, like the Hunt Country that's been on Woot in the past, than a typical Riesling. It was interesting how dramatically different this wine was for me from PNP to an hour or so opened.

The other half of the bottle, drank two nights later, behaved in exactly the same fashion.

Definitely a semi-dry leaning towards the sweeter side, but it seems to have enough acidity to balance the sugar. I Didn't do much pairing with food, besides some apples and sharp white cheddar, which went really well. I don't think I've ever had a Riesling/Chardonnay blend, so this was pretty interesting.

Quite an interesting summer sipping wine for the $$. Unfortunately for me, I'm on wine buying lockdown this week (could have something to do with the almost 3 cases of wine showing up the past few days?) so I won't be ordering this time around. Possibly watch for a Wootoff in the future if it doesn't sell out today.

PS My wife and daughter really liked this wine and gave it thumbs up. F-2!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
Cesare wrote:Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling 6-Pack
$59.99 $1,019.00 94% off List Price
2012 Woot Cellars F-2

Again, I point out that's a "V-2" on the label, not "F-2"

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
wnance wrote:F-2!

"V-2"!

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

kylemittskus

JOATMON wrote:That should be V-2, not F-2

JOATMON wrote:Again, I point out that's a "V-2" on the label, not "F-2"

JOATMON wrote:"V-2"!

Hey JOATMON, is it "F-2" or "V-2"?

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Nope, that is an F.

Old English style font called Fette Fraktur.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Oh yeah? Well, F-U-2!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Oh yeah? Well, F-U-2!

Proving, yet again, we sorely lack a sarcastic font.

TT, can you get the monkeys on this problem, or do I have to leave ww and quit supporting WD's college fund?

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:Proving, yet again, we sorely lack a sarcastic font.

TT, can you get the monkeys on this problem, or do I have to leave ww and quit supporting WD's college fund?

Yeah, I was thinking of tossing in one of these , but I figured/hoped it was obvious enough to be taken in the proper spirit even without an illustration.

ETA: I wasn't being sarcastic -- it was just juvenile humor!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
danncer wrote:Hey, Mark! Any chance I could buy a bottle or two from you, maybe at the Wine and Burgers party in June? I don't have the space or the money for a full order. -- Ann (who is still alive and kicking in SoCal)

Of Course!!! Welcome Back!!! We've missed you.

Well, assuming that is that my niece doesn't abscond with most of them, she really, really liked this!

And have you checked in on the SoCal #25 gathering thread? In the new GATHERINGS tab?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's possible it could arrive, but there's never any sort of guarantee. Quick examples of past couple orders I've placed for delivery to NY:
Order on 3/31, delivered on 4/10.
Order on 12/6, delivered on 12/21.

Wow, have I really only ordered 2 wines (besides this one) since Dec? Dang, I actually did keep to my SIWBM pretty well.

Well, it wasn't like you didn't gain an additional set of wines when Cheron moved.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:This one is produced by Three Wine Company. The ones you had gotten previously, were probably made by a different winery.

Nope. The first F-Bomb was also made by Three Wine Company, also.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Proving, yet again, we sorely lack a sarcastic font.

WE GAVE YOU A GATHERINGS TAB!!!! What more do you want from us?!?!?!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

MarkL wrote:Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

Beautiful, isn't it? Took me half a lifetime to invent it. I'm sure you've discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. At present, I'm writing the definitive work on the subject, so I want you to be totally honest with me on how The Machine makes you feel. This being our first try, I'll use the lowest setting.

Anywho, on with the show!! Also, kudos to HaK for a terrific, entertaining report!

Start wine report (didn't want to have anyone think the following graphic was anything but for the following!)

Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling Blend

Varietal Composition: 55% Riesling Russian River Valley, 44% Chardonnay (17% Rodgers Creek – Sonoma Coast, 27% Soscol Creek – Napa Valley), 1% Viognier Rodgers Creek – Sonoma Coast

TA: 0.84 g/100ml
pH: 3.00
Alcohol: 12.0%
Residual Sugar: 31.5 g/liter

Opened it fresh from the refrigerator for an initial taste. It's a bit over-chilled, but very nice. Like others, I'd put it at around 3-4 in sweetness on a 1-10 scale.

Tasted it with the family (Mom (who likes White Zin); Son (more beer or whiskey); Sister and BiL (like wines); oldest Nephew and his wife (Niece #2) - who like beer and wine; Nephew (like InZin); and Niece. Mom and Niece #2 really enjoyed it. Sis and Niece #1 liked it too.

Straw color and clear in appearance.

Nose and palate are both hinting at Pineapple and some apple. Also some honeysuckle. And just enough acidity to please. There's a bit of minerality there as well.

Niece #2 thought it had a hint of carbonation, but I didn't get that at all. But it seems others here have.

I would have guessed this to be closer to a higher percent of Riesling than it was. The description claims 55% Riesling, 44% Chardonnay, 1% Viognier, but we didn't get much oakiness.

We agree that this would pair well with spicy food (Thai, Indian) and lighter fare (salads, seafood).

Overall, I'd say this is a nice Spring/Summer sipper, if you like semi-sweet wines. This is a must buy for the Summer!

Sharing some with Niece #2. Even less if Cortot goes in with Oldest Nephew on it.

Edit: FYI, Nephew/Niece got a whole case on their own. More for me!! Wee! Okay, 1 or 2 for Danncer.

Also, for those curious:

2011 F-Bomb Riesling (last year)

Alcohol: 13.6%
pH: 3.4
T.A.: 0.66 g/100ml
R.S.: 26.2 g/L

So last year's had higher Alcohol and pH, but lower TA and RS.

Edit: FYI, Telestrations is a great fun game!! Got it for Xmas from my Nephew & wife, and we played it yesterday. Total hilarity!

They got me the 8 player game, but evidently they released a 12 player version (basically 4 more pens/boards to play on). I'm definitely bringing this to the next SoCal gathering!

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Woot Cellars is just the name they put on it. Each Woot Cellars is made by various different wineries, and the shipping license is based on which winery produced each WC. This one is produced by Three Wine Company. The ones you had gotten previously, were probably made by a different winery.

Woot Celler Wines thread. Joatmon has graciously updated the initial post with the wines and wineries.

Sadly, he is showing his age, by going back to the old V-2 bomb of WW2.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Nope. The first F-Bomb was also made by Three Wine Company, also.

Technically true, but I think they were referencing the two in-between. (Quaffmor & Phat Goose)

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:WE GAVE YOU A GATHERINGS TAB!!!! What more do you want from us?!?!?!

Um, for them to link it at the bottom? As well as a Woot Plus link? Since they seem to have forgotten to add those two under Community.

Oh, and a Search feature for the Stuff we Bought page. Otherwise I'm finding you and making YOU search for old purchases!!!

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Yeah, I was thinking of tossing in one of these , but I figured/hoped it was obvious enough to be taken in the proper spirit even without an illustration.

ETA: I wasn't being sarcastic -- it was just juvenile humor!

I'm sorry, but that type of humor belongs over on the Juvie Woot site! We have a more sophisticated sense of humor here. Whoopee cushions anyone?

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Um, for them to link it at the bottom? As well as a Woot Plus link? Since they seem to have forgotten to add those two under Community.

Oh, and a Search feature for the Stuff we Bought page. Otherwise I'm finding you and making YOU search for old purchases!!!

The first I can report. The second.... they know it's wanted. Small team. Pesky priorities.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:The first I can report. The second.... they know it's wanted. Small team. Pesky priorities.

Business sense dictates that their priority would be to please the customers who have made enough purchases that they actually need a search function to sort through them....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Business sense dictates that their priority would be to please the customers who have made enough purchases that they actually need a search function to sort through them....

Egg-zactly!!! Even Amazon has a search feature!

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:The first I can report. The second.... they know it's wanted. Small team. Pesky priorities.

Your new emoticon is going to give me a seizure.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Your new emoticon is going to give me a seizure.

Yeah, I'm having trouble not staring at it as well.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

Oops ... back to the wine!!

This is the Wine you want ....

And Danncer, no worries. Niece #2 just informed me that they picked up a case as well. So you can have 1 bottle. Okay 2 bottles! But no more than that!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Your new emoticon is going to give me a seizure.

Better?

FORUM MODERATOR

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

What are the chances of this coming up again in the next few months or in a woot off in the future? I've bought a case and a half over the past week and really can't spend anymore right now. But I want to try this one!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Better?

Whew! Copied it just in time!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Whew! Copied it just in time!

Brat.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

acompdude wrote:What are the chances of this coming up again in the next few months or in a woot off in the future? I've bought a case and a half over the past week and really can't spend anymore right now. But I want to try this one!

High.

MarkDaSpark

acompdude wrote:What are the chances of this coming up again in the next few months or in a woot off in the future? I've bought a case and a half over the past week and really can't spend anymore right now. But I want to try this one!

Well, it looks like the 2011 F-Bomb was up last year about this time, and didn't show up until the December Gift week, and that was in a Mix 6, but was only 4 bottles of different Woot wines (2008 Adequate Gift, 2011 Triacipedis, 2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber, and the 2011 F-Bomb.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Brat.

Duh!

And you need to get on to someone. They're slacking in adding the reports to the Curly Shuffle!

Edit: Thanks for the Curly Shuffle, but they couldn't do one for the actual report?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

So! WineDavid was so kind as to send me a few of these bottles for a wine testing I had co-hosted by my apartment building a couple weeks ago. This wine ended up by far the favorite, possibly also because I was pushing it as the follow up to MY favorite Woot Cellars wine.

F-Bomb (the original) was, to me, a perfect mix of sweet, fruity and smoooooth, if that gives you any indication of the type of wine I like. F-2 was very similar, but seemed a tiny bit less fruity, maybe a little less tart, but no doubt, just as delicious. I feel like I remember liking F-Bomb more, but F-2 is no slacker, it's fabulous in its own right yet still very similar.

I'm terrible at doing serious business tasting notes so I apologize to those who want more from me than I can provide, but don't do yourself a disservice and order too few bottles of this wine if you think you're going to like it (I say as I weep over my continued lack of any F-Bomb at home).

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:High.

Wouldn't count on that ... a search on "2011 F-Bomb Riesling" only finds the initial offer, and then the one in December as part of the Mix.

Although that one had slightly less RS in it ...

Alcohol: 13.6%
pH: 3.4
T.A.: 0.66 g/100ml
R.S.: 26.2 g/L

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

makes this a Why I oughta...ing good wine, I presume (filters deliberate)

cetolleson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cetolleson

Ships in 3 to 5 days means it will be packed, processed, and physically leave the warehouse within 3 to 5 days. From that point, expect 2 to 3 weeks for the shipping company to deliver the wine. Hope that helps!

parrotice wrote:So... how long does this take to get to it's destination? The order page says it ships in 3 to 5 days, but the FAQ page says you'll recieve in 2-3 weeks. Does it take that long to ship?

I'm visiting a friend in New Jersey on 5/31, so I figure I'll get it delivered to her, but will she get it in time?