garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood
dalematthew wrote:.....I am less interested in purchasing during the woot off with the new shopping cart - less cross shopping to other site tabs....

Yeah, I am just not gonna buy a woot monkey or an impulse spice at home woot if I have to pay shipping for them. This new system KILLS the incentive to impulse buy. Ditto, all I have gotten is the Victory (and I managed to get the syrah before they pulled it, but with Peter saying that they don't have half of it I have little hope of having my order honored). Oh well, more $$ stays with me.

But it would be nice if wine.woot sold...you know...wine...during the wootoffs at least half the time. Cause with this one the ratio has officially gone to less than half I think, especially with the Wellington fake from yesterday.

The Victory offer was appreciated though!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cynthylee wrote:Again Fred--help a gal out please?
Cheers!

check ur PM

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:check ur PM

seems I am missing out on some PM fun!

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
andreaserben wrote:seems I am missing out on some PM fun!

Not really "fun," per se. Somebody PM'd Fred a list of other wine sites worth checking out earlier today, and it's been passed around a lot since then. I had seen those sites before (and am a semi-regular customer of one of them). But I'd guess you're probably already aware of them, based on a vague (though possibly mistaken) memory of you participating on the Other Deals on Wines and Accessories thread in the past.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tunes4u

Wow! they managed to sell all 10 kits!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

andreaserben

moondigger wrote:Not really "fun," per se. Somebody PM'd Fred a list of other wine sites worth checking out earlier today, and it's been passed around a lot since then...

... ah - that... dang, I was just getting bored here
as to other sites - I have not found one that often has wines in the lower price ranges from $8-$13 or so (other than some imported stuff that possibly costs $3-$5 in Europe or so ;) ) - even less than $20 is less common there than on woot.
For me - opening a bottle more than $13 for personal enjoyment is still too much splurging. Looking more for AWESOME daily drinkers usually. Do not have guests/special occasions often enough who appreciate wine enough to warrant say $25-$50 wine purchases.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
jatha wrote:Nice work! Frustrating woot-off.
...and tomorrow (Thu) will be more "non" wine.

Who in the hell is running the show now, anyhow? Seems like a corporate or govt thing.

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood
andreaserben wrote:... ah - that... dang, I was just getting bored here
as to other sites - I have not found one that often has wines in the lower price ranges from $8-$13 or so (other than some imported stuff that possibly costs $3-$5 in Europe or so ;) ) - even less than $20 is less common there than on woot.

I have bought from WTSO, but yeah, you have to really pay attention there.

andreaserben

andreaserben wrote:
For me - opening a bottle more than $13 for personal enjoyment is still too much splurging. Looking more for AWESOME daily drinkers usually. Do not have guests/special occasions often enough who appreciate wine enough to warrant say $25-$50 wine purchases.

Following up on myself - geez how bored must I be.
I like deals like the "Fizzy Mirage", the R.Merlo Syrahs, the McClean Syrahs, Boomtown, Raised by Wolves, even Martian ...
and special values under $10 to try out.
that is the ballpark I am aiming at usually.

An Ardente, many of the Wellingtons, Scott Harveys... in general things at $20 or more are already splurging for me.