klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Guess our demo to Ron of the relative ease of adding wines made him a convert!

Eric, or anybody, is there a way to view two cellars together? i.e. my gf and I each have a CT account but don't want to merge them necessarily. However, it would be easier to search for a particular type of wine sometimes if we could view both cellars at the same time in a single view.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Guess our demo to Ron of the relative ease of adding wines made him a convert!

Nope, not even close, yet. I see it can do some things more easily, but I just found another one classic does easily.

For instance, tell me the iWine number for 2006 Truchard Tempranillo.

Right up there easily found at the end of the url in classic. I use these, frequently.

Can't search my cellar for a UPC, but classic doesn't do that either; fail.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Nope, not even close, yet. I see it can do some things more easily, but I just found another one classic does easily.

For instance, tell me the iWine number for 2006 Truchard Tempranillo.

Right up there easily found at the end of the url in classic. I use these, frequently.

Can't search my cellar for a UPC, but classic doesn't do that either; fail.

I can see the iwine number in the new version url as well. iWine=888237

Not sure about the UPC search, but you could try the CT forums. I know you can search on the assigned barcode numbers.... but that is not as helpful.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I can see the iwine number in the new version url as well. iWine=888237

Not sure about the UPC search, but you could try the CT forums. I know you can search on the assigned barcode numbers.... but that is not as helpful.

Yes, I did find the iWine, buried in the url. It's just much clearer in the classic.

I like to search for the iWine number to find all bottles, it's very useful in an external spreadsheet where there isn't a concatenated field with enough info to be specific to a vintage.

strange, you can UPC search to ADD a wine, but not to FIND a wine already in stock, humm..

CT

cellartracker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cellartracker
cmaldoon wrote:Oooo. How does one get in on the mobile alpha/beta?

Not sure if you have seen this. The Alpha preview of the Mobile site has been out since 7/31.

https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=284406

rjquillin

cellartracker wrote:Not sure if you have seen this. The Alpha preview of the Mobile site has been out since 7/31.

Thanks Eric, Dan.

CT

klezman

cellartracker wrote:Not sure if you have seen this. The Alpha preview of the Mobile site has been out since 7/31.

Hadn't seen it...thanks for letting us know! The new mobile site is leaps and bounds ahead of the normal site on a mobile device. Kudos.

If you happen to stop by again soon, is there a way to filter "in my cellar" to exclude wines pending delivery? I've been unable to find anything like that even though obviously when I'm looking through my list for stuff to drink, I can't drink those that haven't arrived.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:Hadn't seen it...thanks for letting us know! The new mobile site is leaps and bounds ahead of the normal site on a mobile device. Kudos.

If you happen to stop by again soon, is there a way to filter "in my cellar" to exclude wines pending delivery? I've been unable to find anything like that even though obviously when I'm looking through my list for stuff to drink, I can't drink those that haven't arrived.

I haven't found a way, other than sorting by location. That will break out pending delivery along with your other specified storage locations.

I have looked around quite a bit to find a way to exclude just a single location, instead of being able to only look at one location, for some time now.

The issue I have is that most of my wine is out of state, but the wines I do have access to are in multiple locations. There is no easy way to get a list of wines in my cabinet and my fridges, but exclude out of state location (aside from the printable wine list, which can do this).

cellartracker

klezman wrote:Hadn't seen it...thanks for letting us know! The new mobile site is leaps and bounds ahead of the normal site on a mobile device. Kudos.

You can filter to a specific location, but that is it. The quantities are distinct though. Sadly the more... sorting options don't expose it right now, but you can sort on in-stock bottles, e.g.

https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?O=Quantity&Table=List

rjquillin

cellartracker wrote:You can filter to a specific location, but that is it. The quantities are distinct though. Sadly the more... sorting options don't expose it right now, but you can sort on in-stock bottles, e.g.

I too have a similar issue; remote storage, where exclusion of a location(s) would be most appreciated.

CT

klezman

cellartracker wrote:You can filter to a specific location, but that is it. The quantities are distinct though. Sadly the more... sorting options don't expose it right now, but you can sort on in-stock bottles, e.g.

Yeah, that's a partial solve, but then things are no longer in alpha order. Either being able to exclude Pending or multiple-select locations would be a full solution, allowing me to use other sorts/filters on top of that.

Thanks for stopping by Eric!

cellartracker

klezman wrote:Yeah, that's a partial solve, but then things are no longer in alpha order. Either being able to exclude Pending or multiple-select locations would be a full solution, allowing me to use other sorts/filters on top of that.

Thanks for stopping by Eric!

For any fancy exclusion, multi-select etc, right now your best bet is download to Excel and play with autofilter there.

cellartracker

rjquillin wrote:I don't really give a hoot about what it looks like, as long as it's fast and functional. The new one, for me, is neither and it appears all the additional code is bogging down Eric's site, as it has gotten progressively slower the past few months in either mode.

OK, this past week we completed a rather huge hardware overhaul, and the site is running much faster now. We have more query-specific work that we intend to do, but in general you should find performance to be dramatically improved. Please also see photos of the hardware upgrade if you like that stuff.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cellartracker wrote:OK, this past week we completed a rather huge hardware overhaul, and the site is running much faster now. We have more query-specific work that we intend to do, but in general you should find performance to be dramatically improved. Please also see photos of the hardware upgrade if you like that stuff.

Looks cool, and I don't really understand the details. Nice to know you are taking as much care of how are wine data is stored as we do storing the actual wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar