LDD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LDD
cmaldoon wrote:Thunder, Inky, Neil, or WD....

How do I double my order? I hadn't realized when I made my initial one that I rated this equal to Wellington victory and now I feel a physical need to get a case. I put int to service.woot but they won't likely get to it until Monday morning which will be too late.

Create a new user name and use a different credit card!

LDD

true559

quality posts: 22 Private Messages true559

Wow! 2 days from order to arrival. You pwn wine woot !

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500
cmaldoon wrote:WOO HOO!!!

Last wooter to woot:cmaldoon
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

This is some seriously good stuff. It is Syrah in a mid range. Not dark or oaky or grapey. I fould it meaty and full of brighter fruits and it has a racy acidity. The owners are returning to being just growers I think and are therefore clearing out their stock. This is great stuff that can be consumed now or held for 5+ years (the 2003 is fantastic).

I'm in for mine, now you should get yours.

you sir are genius.
taste note & description spot right on.
So glad that i bought 12.

thank you cmaldoon

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Great Syrah. Word of warning - Our room temperature in the winter is about 16-17 Celsius.
Word of warning:
Opening:
Day 1: Great
Day 2: Great-Awesome
Day 3: Severely degrading

-> Enjoy within 24 hours of opening.

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf

I've had the opportunity to open a few of the bottles. This is definitely one you will want to put through a decanter for about 45 minutes to let it open up.

Straight from the bottle, the alcohol was a bit overpowering and the acidity had a bit too much bite. Letting it sit in the decanter for an hour or so, the wine really openned up. Got a bit of pepper with a nice bite at the end. I really enjoyed it at that point.

Mattskimz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mattskimz
lorf wrote:I've had the opportunity to open a few of the bottles. This is definitely one you will want to put through a decanter for about 45 minutes to let it open up.

Straight from the bottle, the alcohol was a bit overpowering and the acidity had a bit too much bite. Letting it sit in the decanter for an hour or so, the wine really openned up. Got a bit of pepper with a nice bite at the end. I really enjoyed it at that point.

Totally disagree. Just had this last night. Poured a glass str8 from the bottle and really enjoyed it (immediately). Very surprised at how good this was for the price. Maybe it could be slightly better if it was allowed to open up, but this was pretty fantastic right away. I will definitely be hoping to see this again soon.