fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:Woot you are killing me. I want half of these items. I am upset that this is the salted pecan clusters and not the caramels, I was in for 3 of the caramels, but probably none of these.

these are killer, I just bought 3, trust me

nakeddavidb

quality posts: 16 Private Messages nakeddavidb

After reading your notes I'm ready to drink now. Can't wait for my shipment to arrive.

North316 wrote:David, you will not be disappointed. Also thanks for offering your wines here again. I have still not had a pinot blanc, though I do have some nice late harvest pinot blancs in my cooler waiting to be enjoyed through the holidays.

For those looking for notes on the Forte, here are mine from CT:

"Nose of dark cherry, blackberry a hint of ripe bananas and a touch of pepper. Very pleasant on the nose. Very fruit forward on the initial taste. Taste of cherries, with an almost raisiny or honeylike roundness. Slight peppery (read acidic) heat and warmth of the alcohol beautifully balance out the sweet, tart fruit. A nice complex finish rounds out the experience quite well. This forte is drinking well but should also age beautifully. Looking forward to tasting to this over time. Kent Rasmussen has pleased again."

fredrinaldi

cynthylee wrote:So does this mean there is not going to be a standard gift week--one item per day on wine.woot? If not, I guess I better stock up while I can! Already in for the max on the salted caramel pecan goodies. Sooooo yummy! Let the shopping continue.
Cheers!

got this email the other day:

"This holiday season, the tradition of Wine.Woot Gift Week continues, but this year it's just too big to fit into only daily deals. Starting Friday, November 30, Wine.Woot will feature a weeklong Woot Plus event overflowing with specially curated gourmet and wine-related items for those who live la vita bella.
And we can send a personalized Wine.Woot greeting card and message on every item you designate as a gift. All items will arrive in plenty of time for the holidays, so don't wait to start shopping - it won't be long before these items say arrivederci.

Lastly, keep an eye out this coming Monday, December 3, for a PHAT holiday wine offer from the cellars nearest and dearest to our hearts."

whats this about monday?

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:

whats this about monday?

Woot! Cellars offering

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:these are killer, I just bought 3, trust me

I know they are killer, I had them before. My wife can't eat pecans so I would have to buy these for myself and then still by the caramels if they come back up. Also, while the pecan clusters are good, I do prefer the caramels over them.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:I know they are killer, I had them before. My wife can't eat pecans so I would have to buy these for myself and then still by the caramels if they come back up. Also, while the pecan clusters are good, I do prefer the caramels over them.

still have two boxes of Carmels in the frig in the garage, breaking one out for Christmas Eve.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:still have two boxes of Carmels in the frig in the garage, breaking one out for Christmas Eve.

Yeah, I've stooped to buying a tub of salted caramels from CostCo for about $9 (a good 35-40 piece in it too!). They are only a substitute, not a replacement. Not nearly Candy Basket quality but they will have to do until we get more of the real thing.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

hokienutzz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hokienutzz
nothinbutbirds wrote:I'm featuring the Aux Délices Charcuterie and I've already sprung for the Balsamic, Olive oil and Port based on your comments! Get me outta here! This site is dangerously delicious!

How long do your meats last once open?

fun7love

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fun7love

I bought the Bonsai-Tuscan Miniature Olive Tree back in January. It took almost a month to receive and it died within a month of delivery.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
clcaruthers wrote:I was hoping for the caramels too

The clusters are fantastic. Go for it.

And the Vermehlo Forte is effin' abrosia. Super chocolatey, actually.

nothinbutbirds

quality posts: 36 Private Messages nothinbutbirds
hokienutzz wrote:How long do your meats last once open?

The salamis will easily last a month once open, if you wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. Pancetta, too. But at 6 oz or so, they inevitably get eaten before, at my house! The bacons freeze beautifully and have a resealable closure, so I would go that route, as soon as they arrive, unless you want to eat right away. I would freeze the butters, too. They'll never spoil and you won't waste any!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

It started with maxing out on the salted caramel pecan clusters, then gifting the Vermehlo Forte, then an order of the grapeseed oil. Nine hours of free shipping left, what's a girl to do?
Cheers!

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
cynthylee wrote:It started with maxing out on the salted caramel pecan clusters, then gifting the Vermehlo Forte, then an order of the grapeseed oil. Nine hours of free shipping left, what's a girl to do?
Cheers!

Well this girl got the olio nuovo, then the grapeseed (with an extra one for a gift, my sister is going to LOVE me this year), and is now mulling over the spice rub. Gosh, and now I hear theres possibly a Woot! Cellars on monday? There goes the rest of my christmas budget...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Just ate one of the peppermint chocolates. My notes are right in line with chipgreen's and Octocat's.

Short version: Absolutely delicious.

Long version: dark chocolate provides a really nice contrast to the sweeter "melting" milk chocolate and toffee pieces. The peppermint flavor is very present, but not at all overpowering. I ate one piece in 5 bites and Octocat hit the nail right on the head -- one is perfectly enough. The quality of the chocolate is very high (smooths away when put to the roof of your mouth).

Bottom line, assuming there are 48 pieces (maybe 52?), you're paying less than $0.70/piece shipped. Worth it! I'll have SWMBO try one when she gets home and add anything she has to say.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

These last 2 woot plus deals have been steller. Great job WD, Neil, and whoever made these happen

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

nansea53

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nansea53

Here's my dilemma,
On the fence on also purchasing the Peppermint Velvet Candy Crunch. I'm not a peppermint type of person, but I do love York Peppermint Patties. Must be the contrast of the dark chocolate that mellows it out for me. And I do Love the Candy Basket's caramels, pecan caramel patties, and soon I'm sure, to be a fan when their peanut butter cups arrive.
I guess I'm just hoping the peppermint won't be too overpowering?
Any input, would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

kylemittskus

nansea53 wrote:Here's my dilemma,
On the fence on also purchasing the Peppermint Velvet Candy Crunch. I'm not a peppermint type of person, but I do love York Peppermint Patties. Must be the contrast of the dark chocolate that mellows it out for me. And I do Love the Candy Basket's caramels, pecan caramel patties, and soon I'm sure, to be a fan when their peanut butter cups arrive.
Thanks!

I haven't had a York for a while, but I would say that the peppermint flavor is less than a York since the chocolate/peppermint flavor ratio is so much higher. These also have some toffee pieces so that adds a layer of butteriness. I'm fairly confident in saying, based upon your comment, that these are a buy for you.

nansea53

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nansea53

Thanks for your advice!
My dilemma has been solved... In for one!

kylemittskus wrote:I haven't had a York for a while, but I would say that the peppermint flavor is less than a York since the chocolate/peppermint flavor ratio is so much higher. These also have some toffee pieces so that adds a layer of butteriness. I'm fairly confident in saying, based upon your comment, that these are a buy for you.

selfindulging

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selfindulging

I've had my Bonsai-Tuscan Miniature Olive Tree since January/February of this year, and it has fared pretty well. I was worried because I left it outside one night that was below freezing, but it lost some leaves and lived. I live in central Florida and keep it on my porch where it gets mostly shade, but I am pretty sure it gets some sun depending on the time of day. Mine has grown out more than up, but I think it's pretty cute. The container that it comes in is terribly small, and it's nice, but you'll want to put your little tree in a bigger container.

I'd be tempted to get another one, but I just started trying to grow a pineapple in the spot where I'd put it.

Edit: Here is a picture of it now, and this is a picture of it with the container it came in at the side.

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
clcaruthers wrote:I was hoping for the caramels too

oh the caramels....

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
North316 wrote:This is NOT NOT NOT for cooking. Cooking will destroy the greatness of this oil. It is for dipping and using as a finishing oil; drizzled over meats, veggies, salad, bread, pasta, etc.

Drizzle over hummus and mix your countries! slices of ripe tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella -especially if you got the balsamic.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
North316 wrote:Woot you are killing me. I want half of these items. I am upset that this is the salted pecan clusters and not the caramels, I was in for 3 of the caramels, but probably none of these.

So you should be happy they are the pecans, one fewer items to contribute to your being killed by woot ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

fredrinaldi wrote:still have two boxes of Carmels in the frig in the garage, breaking one out for Christmas Eve.

There is something wrong with you, I swear. It's not normal to have the self-control you have ;) I'd spend all of Romney's money to buy self-control like you have.....

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

In for one of the olive oil, never tried something like this..however, would like to know how they do this: "The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed..."

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mawy wrote:I'm umming and ahhing over the olive oil. Both my husband and I are that rare breed that hates olives but loves loves loves olive oil, and having never had one of these olio nuovo types, I'm hesitant to invest $35 on a bottle...

(1) You are not alone in hating olives but loving olive oil. And (2) this is definitely an olive oil to love. I consider my $35 to have been well spent.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

Please forgive me - don't know where else to ask this question. There are several items that I would like send (to the recipient's address) as gifts. How do I do that?

When I went to order, it just asked for the recipient's email addy. I want to send these items to their home address. Should I "add" an address to my account? Tried that & cancelled - afraid that it would be a permanent change from my addy.

I'm so lost. Please help! Want to order the balsamic/the large salami/etc. thingie & possibly the oil.

TIA.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gmwhit wrote:Please forgive me - don't know where else to ask this question. There are several items that I would like send (to the recipient's address) as gifts. How do I do that?

When I went to order, it just asked for the recipient's email addy. I want to send these items to their home address. Should I "add" an address to my account? Tried that & cancelled - afraid that it would be a permanent change from my addy.

I'm so lost. Please help! Want to order the balsamic/the large salami/etc. thingie & possibly the oil.

TIA.

No worries, you can add multiple addresses to your account, each time however, you will have to add your own billing address over and over again. Filling out a new shipping address SHOULDN'T replace your permanent address, and each shipping address should be available for each new order.

Did that help you out any?

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

ROGETRAY,
Yes! Many, many thanks! So appreciate your quick response. Going to my account to add son & dil's addy. If they knew, they would thank you, too.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gmwhit wrote:ROGETRAY,
Yes! Many, many thanks! So appreciate your quick response. Going to my account to add son & dil's addy. If they knew, they would thank you, too.

No problem! :D
Also, just as a side note, just make sure in your Account Settings to change the "default address" after all of your purchases (in Shipping and Payment Settings).

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

kylemittskus

Second round of VolRatting the peppermint chocolate. SWMBO said "it's like a really decadent Andie's mint." Before that, her immediate reaction was "Oh, yummm." These are seriously delicious. She also commented on the toffee crunches.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I have the peppermint chocolate at home. I'll post notes in a couple hours.

Just nibbled on one of those a few minutes ago, but no more before supper, or they will all be gone and SWMBO pi$$ed.
Talk about putting GS mints to shame. When you open the package the room fills up with mint and dark chocolate. Don't know what makes the center a bit crunchy, but it's not overdone, just nom nom nom yummy.

CT

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

What in the name of crab cakes is going on? How is it that I can get the KR PS shipped to Maryland but not the Forte. C'Mon hon. This doesn't make sense.

fredrinaldi

mschauber wrote:There is something wrong with you, I swear. It's not normal to have the self-control you have ;) I'd spend all of Romney's money to buy self-control like you have.....

How ya doing man???, nice to see ya back

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Just nibbled on one of those a few minutes ago, but no more before supper, or they will all be gone and SWMBO pi$$ed.
Talk about putting GS mints to shame. When you open the package the room fills up with mint and dark chocolate. Don't know what makes the center a bit crunchy, but it's not overdone, just nom nom nom yummy.

Check your email. And the crunchy is toffee.

rjquillin

I have no experience with the olio nuovo oil, but reading the notes, it appears this doesn't keep well. Can anyone enlighten me a bit for both opened and unopened storage?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
kaolis wrote:In for one of the olive oil, never tried something like this..however, would like to know how they do this: "The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed..."

Haha, yeah I noticed that too. Hope they didn't get their hands stuck in the crusher! I'm sure it was supposed to be the other way around.

mschauber

fredrinaldi wrote:How ya doing man???, nice to see ya back

It's good to be home (with my cats, not at woot, hehehe..) I've been poking my head in when I have a little disposable income; And consistently spend more than that....

How have you been?

BTW, do you some sort of stun gun connected to your garage fridge? I think that's the only thing that could stop me from eating whatever was in there... And I say 'could' ;)

--
My CT

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
crunchybrownstar wrote:What in the name of crab cakes is going on? How is it that I can get the KR PS shipped to Maryland but not the Forte. C'Mon hon. This doesn't make sense.

Yup, same situation as Connecticut...does this have to do with the % of alcohol? Different rules above/below a certain percentage?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
nansea53 wrote:Here's my dilemma,
Thanks!

You know, I was reminded of York's with these. But better. Nice and refreshing - peppermint not overpowering but definitely lingering. I think I still had that minty-freshness from it a half hour later. Just from one piece.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Check your email. And the crunchy is toffee.

Yes, of course.
And ~way~ better than York.
I had forgotten the name.
Used to eat pounds of them going to the movies years ago.

Curses, this week is costing me big time.

CT