haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy
wendy98765 wrote:Is their website down?

Website is up and running! It has been down for a bit....nothing but trouble with this thing...so it is in the process of being revamped for the holidays!

haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy
captchrista wrote:these would be perfect for an uncle that is sooo hard to find a present. Does anyone know how long these will take to ship. i order some pasta before on wine woot and took forever. when i asked i was told all things take 2 to 3 weeks to ship on wine woot... is this still the case. also when i went to the candy site they even say they are not shipping because of the warm weather unless you want expedited shipping..which i totally understand the heat thing...but...will we have to pay for expedited to receive in a decent time frame. what are facts jack...lol..ty..

Every time in the past that we have shipped with wine.woot it has been super speedy within a few days of offering end. I assume it will be the same this time!

No expedited shipping is required! Our website was corrupted this last summer and we finally got it back up, so now we need to get it all updated.....I better get on that!

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte

Another ratter here, in a busy day rush, so this will be short. I was very lucky to get to taste these.

I must say that these are some great candies. Once or twice a year I get a craving for some reese's peanut butter cups or reese's pieces. I eat fresh ground peanut butter much more often. I could easily develop a frequent craving for these Salted Peanut Butter Cups.

Other than form, they did not remind me of reese's cups at all. However, my girlfriend and I both did think the filling had a slight similarity in flavor to reese's pieces.

These candies conjured a flood of memories from my early child hood. I've been taken back to the 1980's when my 90 year old aunt was still making candy from scratch in her southern kitchen using the simplest of raw ingredients. Of the many kinds she made, one of those was a peanut butter fudge of course. I'm sure i've had many fudges since then, but my great aunt's and these from Candy Basket surpass them all.

I'm buying some for my grandmother for christmas.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

love this place.

kipidoran

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kipidoran
pitamuffin wrote:These look amazing, but I've got someone in the house with a peanut allergy. We've been waiting and hoping for the salted caramels -- everyone in the family loved them.

I'm sorry to hear that. Stay tuned you never know when you might see you what you are looking for!

kipidoran

SunflowerPrincess wrote:wondering if these can be frozen. My son loves the name brand peanut butter cups, as do i, but i would be in for two if we can freeze them for later.

Freeze away! Take them out of the box and put them in a freezer bag that way you can just grab one or two whenever you want!

kipidoran

bryte wrote:Another ratter here, in a busy day rush, so this will be short. I was very lucky to get to taste these.

I must say that these are some great candies. Once or twice a year I get a craving for some reese's peanut butter cups or reese's pieces. I eat fresh ground peanut butter much more often. I could easily develop a frequent craving for these Salted Peanut Butter Cups.

Other than form, they did not remind me of reese's cups at all. However, my girlfriend and I both did think the filling had a slight similarity in flavor to reese's pieces.

These candies conjured a flood of memories from my early child hood. I've been taken back to the 1980's when my 90 year old aunt was still making candy from scratch in her southern kitchen using the simplest of raw ingredients. Of the many kinds she made, one of those was a peanut butter fudge of course. I'm sure i've had many fudges since then, but my great aunt's and these from Candy Basket surpass them all.

I'm buying some for my grandmother for christmas.

Awwww we love to hear stories like this, it really makes our 4 generations of candy making worth while when we can bring fond memories. I hope your grandmother enjoys them.... Wish I could taste hers, I bet they are yummy!

fireshadowed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireshadowed

I just wanted to make sure that shipping to a PO Box would not be a problem.

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
kipidoran wrote:Freeze away! Take them out of the box and put them in a freezer bag that way you can just grab one or two whenever you want!

Oh man that was not the answer I needed, the answer I wanted but not the one I needed. Now I am free to order three without worries!

I shall use them an incentives to good behavior. Clean your room, do your home work, take out the trash, feed the dog, pick up your socks and you can have a peanut butter cup! It just might work on the kids too!!

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

How did I miss these last night? Never mind, HAD to pull the trigger as I am a huge fan of the salted caramels. Look forward to seeing more of you on Woot this season, or maybe I'll just drive down to visit. Washingtonian here. 8-)

kipidoran

SunflowerPrincess wrote:Oh man that was not the answer I needed, the answer I wanted but not the one I needed. Now I am free to order three without worries!

I shall use them an incentives to good behavior. Clean your room, do your home work, take out the trash, feed the dog, pick up your socks and you can have a peanut butter cup! It just might work on the kids too!!

animallover

quality posts: 6 Private Messages animallover

Late afternoon Lab Rat Report!
Candy Basket lives up to it's reputation as a superb candy maker! I love the salted pecan caramels and these salted peanut butter cups are of the same quality.

These have a more sophisticated taste than Reese's PB cups - the Candy Basket Salted PB Cups are smooth and delicious, not too rich and DO NOT leave an aftertaste like the Reese's PB cups do.

They are just the right size for a chocolate snack and go well with red wine (of course!).

Suggest you buy a couple boxes and bring them to holiday parties - whether at work, friends or family gatherings - I'm sure they will disappear! Of course, remember to keep one for yourself - that's what I'm going to do!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

The future son-in-law is a Reese's fanatic. At 22 years old, I'm hoping I can start turning his tastes to the "higher end" of things. Even if HE doesn't appreciate them, I appreciate the candy maker and hope that the veiled promise re turtles returning is kept. THAT is an auto-buy to the max!!
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

These are the perfect adult peanut butter cup. They are the size of let's say a mini Reese's PB cup, but that's where the similarities end. Just delicious; creamy chocolate accompanied by creamy peanut butter, they are just about the perfect bite. A few sprinkles of salt adorn the top of each chocolate and add a wonderful depth of flavor. If you are a peanut butter fan, you will love these...so I would say push that button!

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kttest wrote:These are the perfect adult peanut butter cup. They are the size of let's say a mini Reese's PB cup, but that's where the similarities end. Just delicious; creamy chocolate accompanied by creamy peanut butter, they are just about the perfect bite. A few sprinkles of salt adorn the top of each chocolate and add a wonderful depth of flavor. If you are a peanut butter fan, you will love these...so I would say push that button!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Adult peanut butter cup. perfect description.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

And ordered, right before the bell for my son for Christmas.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

In an euphoric candy stupor; 3 boxes arrived today.

Once again, Candy Basket, job well done.

(The label is beautiful on the white candy box.) The inside presentation is lovely as well. Boxes individually shrink-wrapped for extra freshness. Exterior ship carton was high quality with plenty of stiff brown packing paper tucked inside to prevent shifting of candy boxes. Everything arrived pristine and in excellent condition; perfect for gift-giving.

Very fast candy production / prep, order process, and shipping at just about 10 days! Timing is perfect.

The taste is slobbering great! Delightfully stays on the tongue and palate long after consumption...taunting, teasing, urging yet another domed morsel.

gigi889

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gigi889

Mine arrived today. They are ok~not my favorite, Ilike Aldis much better. Waiting for the caramels to come up.

shortman

quality posts: 40 Private Messages shortman

I sent a box to my little sister. She told me today that my bro-in-law and her are fighting over the chocolates. Good job Candy Basket.

popang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popang

same here...the chocolate and peanut butter is just not soft enough for me. They don't melt in my mouth the way Reese's PB cups do. On some of these cups the bottom chocolate piece just falls off the peanut butter, like it's rejecting something not meant to be...
Never have I had chocolate just fall off on a Reese's PB cup.

gigi889 wrote:Mine arrived today. They are ok~not my favorite, Ilike Aldis much better. Waiting for the caramels to come up.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

Yum!!! These are exquisite. I love the hard chocolate crunch of the top layer and the rich peanut buttery inside. And the salt adds to the perfect taste.