technospyder1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages technospyder1

I placed my order two weeks ago for the 9 pack of items and was wondering if anyone has gotten theirs yet or if your order has shipped yet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

technospyder1 wrote:I placed my order two weeks ago for the 9 pack of items and was wondering if anyone has gotten theirs yet or if your order has shipped yet?


It's still a bit early yet as shipments from wine.woot (even non-wine) take about 2-3 weeks.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ongware


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ongware
ThunderThighs wrote:It's still a bit early yet as shipments from wine.woot (even non-wine) take about 2-3 weeks.



I received the email today that it shipped out. True, that was a while since I actually ordered it, but I think of it as woot.wine's triple treat! Retail therapy when I first buy it, surprise when it ships and I have no idea what is shipping until I actually look up the order, and package glee when it actually arrives!

Yes, you can call me shallow, absentminded, and forgetful, because I am, but I also take joy in every single little thing.

On that note...
First post!
well, first post since I don't remember the other 36, apparently, now that I look it up...

jzeck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzeck

I received mine today, rather warm in the boxes, but I think ok. The Transatlantic Chef Special 9-Pack
says White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
Black Truffle Butter 8 oz, however I received 3 oz of each

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jzeck wrote:I received mine today, rather warm in the boxes, but I think ok. The Transatlantic Chef Special 9-Pack
says White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
Black Truffle Butter 8 oz, however I received 3 oz of each



Give a note to service@woot.com with your order # so they can fix you up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jellin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jellin
jzeck wrote:I received mine today, rather warm in the boxes, but I think ok. The Transatlantic Chef Special 9-Pack
says White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
Black Truffle Butter 8 oz, however I received 3 oz of each



Ditto.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jellin wrote:Ditto.



Service@woot.com will be able to assist!

I'm just hanging out, really.

auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
macostaesquire wrote:Does anyone know the shelf-life of the truffle butter and duck fat? How should it be stored?

How are they shipped (thrown in a box, in styrofoam with cold packs, etc.)?



auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
macostaesquire wrote:Does anyone know the shelf-life of the truffle butter and duck fat? How should it be stored?

How are they shipped (thrown in a box, in styrofoam with cold packs, etc.)?



auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
auxdelices wrote:


Both the butters and the duck fat can be tossed in the freezer and left there until the cravings hit. The high butterfat content means it can be defrosted and refrozen often without sacrificing quality. The duck fat is also a hearty soul. If you should have any left over (doubtful, in our experience!), refrigerate or freeze for the next round.

auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
auxdelices wrote:


Both the butters and the duck fat can be tossed in the freezer and left there until the cravings hit. The truffle butter's high butterfat content means it can be defrosted and refrozen often without sacrificing quality. The duck fat is also a hearty soul. If you should have any left over (doubtful, in our experience!), refrigerate or freeze for the next round.

auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
saiedp wrote:Is the duck fat 100% pure duck fat? Similarly, are the truffle butters just truffle + butter + herbs? I checked the product website and googled around but didn't find anything definitive. Just trying to avoid any unwelcome surprises on the ingredient label...



auxdelices


quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
auxdelices wrote:



No surprises! All our ingredients are real and really delicious. They contain no added baddies or allergens.

technospyder1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages technospyder1

Still waiting to get my order, which of these products are safe to eat and which ones require cooking?

filemaniac


quality posts: 5 Private Messages filemaniac
technospyder1 wrote:Still waiting to get my order, which of these products are safe to eat and which ones require cooking?



Depends on what you ordered... typically speaking, the bacon and pancetta (if it isn't smoked) will definitely need to be cooked.

Edit: sorry, just read further up you got the 9 pack. What I wrote holds then... I hope yours arrives better than mine did.

filemaniac


quality posts: 5 Private Messages filemaniac

Well, I finally got my 9 pack and 5 pack orders today. My 5 pack was fine because it was all the preserved sausages. My 9 pack didn't fare as well for various reasons:

1 - The ice pack couldn't even pretend to be cold. Granted, this could be because it rode around on a FedEx truck for the bulk of the day, but who knows.

2 - Somewhere during the packing process, somebody sliced into one of the bags of bacon, so I had juices all over the box and spoiled bacon on top of that. I can say with a certainty it wasn't me, considering there was a styrofoam top to the inner box.

3 - The product description says the white and black truffle butters are 8oz apiece. The picture backs up that statement with the same type of containers I got the last time I ordered those through Woot. This time however, I got 3oz containers of it instead, far less than what I ordered. A little bit of bait and switch there... not cool.

I already emailed service@woot.com, before you say anything. I just had to vent. Thanks...

gmatsumo658


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmatsumo658

also purchased this.

also waited 4 weeks for delivery.

also got a 3oz tub instead of 8oz.

winewoot fail

birniei


quality posts: 0 Private Messages birniei
filemaniac wrote:Well, I finally got my 9 pack and 5 pack orders today. My 5 pack was fine because it was all the preserved sausages. My 9 pack didn't fare as well for various reasons:

1 - The ice pack couldn't even pretend to be cold. Granted, this could be because it rode around on a FedEx truck for the bulk of the day, but who knows.

2 - Somewhere during the packing process, somebody sliced into one of the bags of bacon, so I had juices all over the box and spoiled bacon on top of that. I can say with a certainty it wasn't me, considering there was a styrofoam top to the inner box.

3 - The product description says the white and black truffle butters are 8oz apiece. The picture backs up that statement with the same type of containers I got the last time I ordered those through Woot. This time however, I got 3oz containers of it instead, far less than what I ordered. A little bit of bait and switch there... not cool.

I already emailed service@woot.com, before you say anything. I just had to vent. Thanks...



I too received a very warm 9 pack package, and one of my bacon packs leaked all over the box. I'm a bit concerned about feeding this to my family, though I guess the whole point of curing is to delay food from spoiling without refrigeration.
I was so agitated about the state of the package, I didn't even notice the butter discrepancy until reading about it here, but I got the same 3 ounce packages you received. Certainly my worst Woot experience yet.

mrileyatwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

gmatsumo658 wrote:also purchased this.

also waited 4 weeks for delivery.

also got a 3oz tub instead of 8oz.

winewoot fail




Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and we are working with the winery and all involved parties to address and resolve this quickly. We apologize for the inconvenience!


filemaniac


quality posts: 5 Private Messages filemaniac
birniei wrote:I too received a very warm 9 pack package, and one of my bacon packs leaked all over the box. I'm a bit concerned about feeding this to my family, though I guess the whole point of curing is to delay food from spoiling without refrigeration.
I was so agitated about the state of the package, I didn't even notice the butter discrepancy until reading about it here, but I got the same 3 ounce packages you received. Certainly my worst Woot experience yet.



Mine too and I'm 5 away from the 100 mark of being a Woot! addict!

The strange thing is, when I just ordered the black and white truffle butters during a normal Wine.Woot sale in Nov 2011, I had a much better experience. Both containers still arrived frozen and we had a very very mild winter. The packing was much better sealed too. It's in stark contrast to the mess I got yesterday.

To Woot's credit, they did respond to me within a day about it. Riley also acknowledged the butter discrepancy. I'm opting to see if Transatlantic will replace the bacon. I'm still not sure I even want to touch the butter yet because it was kept at higher than room temp in a box and may have gone a little rancid.

killerbyte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages killerbyte

Well I'm semi glad to hear that my order wasn't the only one that was fubared. Besides only getting a 3oz butter pack instead of the 8oz mentioned.

My order had to be shipped on one of the hottest days of summer here in California. When i opened my pack, i got a face full of rotten meat. There was only one small ice pack in the entire box, which was leaking. The butter containers only had oil in them by that time. I had to throw the entire box away before I threw up from the smell.

I just hope that service woot will at least be able to ship the rest of my butter order. But use more than one small leaky ice pack this time. So I can salvage something from this fiasco.

Runey00


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Runey00
killerbyte wrote:Well I'm semi glad to hear that my order wasn't the only one that was fubared. Besides only getting a 3oz butter pack instead of the 8oz mentioned.

My order had to be shipped on one of the hottest days of summer here in California. When i opened my pack, i got a face full of rotten meat. There was only one small ice pack in the entire box, which was leaking. The butter containers only had oil in them by that time. I had to throw the entire box away before I threw up from the smell.

I just hope that service woot will at least be able to ship the rest of my butter order. But use more than one small leaky ice pack this time. So I can salvage something from this fiasco.



I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. 8oz turned into 3oz, and the whole thing turned into garbage. I had brown liquid all over the package from the melted, leaky bacon. It's not even like I got the item late, I got the item immediately after it was delivered. I wouldn't feed this too my dog at this point. It's really sad to see such high rated food going to such waste. I hope woot/amazon takes care of this. This has been a real huge disappointment from loyal woot customer.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Runey00 wrote:I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. 8oz turned into 3oz, and the whole thing turned into garbage. I had brown liquid all over the package from the melted, leaky bacon. It's not even like I got the item late, I got the item immediately after it was delivered. I wouldn't feed this too my dog at this point. It's really sad to see such high rated food going to such waste. I hope woot/amazon takes care of this. This has been a real huge disappointment from loyal woot customer.



We're definitely aware of the situation and a customer service rep posted above to hang tight while they figure it out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Runey00


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Runey00
ThunderThighs wrote:We're definitely aware of the situation and a customer service rep posted above to hang tight while they figure it out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.



Thanks for the prompt response!

killerbyte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages killerbyte
Runey00 wrote:Thanks for the prompt response!



Ditto for the response here in the forum.

I sent my email with my order number to service woot just before my post. Though, haven't heard anything back yet.

ongware


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ongware

I sent mine as a gift to a friend who pretended all was fine to not seem ungrateful.

I would have never known except that I happened to perusing the forum. Just sent service an email before that. Hope you guys figure it out with the company shortly.

I just hope no one got sick from eating spoiled product in the meantime.

killerbyte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages killerbyte
killerbyte wrote:
....

I just hope that service woot will at least be able to ship the rest of my butter order. But use more than one small leaky ice pack this time. So I can salvage something from this fiasco.




Well I want to thank service woot for at least trying to fix the problem with the wrong butter size being shipped. But it's REALLY hard to do a great job when you have i-diots working on the shipping end. Don't these incompetants at Transatlantic foods know that it's summer and that the weather can get over the 100s.

When I got home today, I saw a box on my front porch. The porch has no overhang so no shade. The weather today, in California, was in the low 100s. Guess what, they shipped my butter with one small ice pack ((again!!!). When I opened the box, it was hot on the inside. The 2 tubs were totally melted.

I mean once is a mistake, but twice is just pure incompetence.

Does anyone know if it's safe to refreeze the butter or should I just throw it away?

kkshields


quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
killerbyte wrote:Well I want to thank service woot for at least trying to fix the problem with the wrong butter size being shipped. But it's REALLY hard to do a great job when you have i-diots working on the shipping end. Don't these incompetants at Transatlantic foods know that it's summer and that the weather can get over the 100s.

When I got home today, I saw a box on my front porch. The porch has no overhang so no shade. The weather today, in California, was in the low 100s. Guess what, they shipped my butter with one small ice pack ((again!!!). When I opened the box, it was hot on the inside. The 2 tubs were totally melted.

I mean once is a mistake, but twice is just pure incompetence.

Does anyone know if it's safe to refreeze the butter or should I just throw it away?



Yikes. So sorry about that. I'd recommend just tossing it. We definitely don't want you to get sick! I'm sending you a PM with some options regarding this order.

guzmantis


quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis
killerbyte wrote:When I got home today, I saw a box on my front porch. The porch has no overhang so no shade. The weather today, in California, was in the low 100s. Guess what, they shipped my butter with one small ice pack ((again!!!). When I opened the box, it was hot on the inside. The 2 tubs were totally melted.



I had a similar situation, except it was only about 80 degrees here in MD. I was lucky to get off work early that day so fortunately my butters weren't melted but the ice pack wasn't cold at all.

I'd like to thank Woot for making an effort to do us right on this. I know certain things are beyond their control; however, that said it would've been nice to be notified that perishables were en route. The humorously worded email Woot sent clarifying their response to the situation contained no shipping details or gave us any idea when to expect the replacement butters. Nonetheless, I do appreciate Woot's responsiveness and finding a solution to this problem. At the end of the day, I got 6oz of free truffle butters, so I guess it still works out.