karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes
tytiger58 wrote:Maybe I'll bring it to a cubbie game I'm planning on attending in June

Nice! Do you know what dates you'll be in town? We could try to arrange a little gathering...

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
karenhynes wrote:Nice! Do you know what dates you'll be in town? We could try to arrange a little gathering...

Right now it looks like June 2nd for a game on Saturday the 3rd or the following weekend, I will pm you tomorrow when we finalize.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes
tytiger58 wrote:Right now it looks like June 2nd for a game on Saturday the 3rd or the following weekend, I will pm you tomorrow when we finalize.

Fun!
I'm probably going to be out of town the weekend of 6/9 (and a day or two leading up to and/or after. My nephews are graduating high school in PA! I'm happy to get together if the dates work out...and I imagine JMD and his lovelier half will be happy to participate if they are around/available.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
tytiger58 wrote:Right now it looks like June 2nd for a game on Saturday the 3rd or the following weekend, I will pm you tomorrow when we finalize.

+1 and I will be at the June 2nd game. We need to coordinate something for when you are here.

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:+1 and I will be at the June 2nd game. We need to coordinate something for when you are here.

I have wanted to make it to one of your Chicago gatherings which you used to have fairly regularly (whatever happened to funbunny?). This would be a good opportunity if Nancy and I weren't already booked for Myrtle Beach June 3-7.

Maybe North316 and his lovely bride can pull it off....

jmdavidson

chipgreen wrote:I have wanted to make it to one of your Chicago gatherings which you used to have fairly regularly (whatever happened to funbunny?). This would be a good opportunity if Nancy and I weren't already booked for Myrtle Beach June 3-7.

The big wine event at our house is in September. I will let you know if we do it this year.

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:The big wine event at our house is in September. I will let you know if we do it this year.

That would be great, thanks! I assume it will be tytiger-less but we would still love to make it out there.

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:I have wanted to make it to one of your Chicago gatherings which you used to have fairly regularly (whatever happened to funbunny?). This would be a good opportunity if Nancy and I weren't already booked for Myrtle Beach June 3-7.

Keeping an eye out....just in case.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

noslensj

quality posts: 54 Private Messages noslensj

At my local (Seattle area) Trader Joe's yesterday - where they were selling 2014 Pacific Rim Gewürtz for $3.99 per bottle.

Time to load up for summer.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
noslensj wrote:At my local (Seattle area) Trader Joe's yesterday - where they were selling 2014 Pacific Rim Gewürtz for $3.99 per bottle.

Same here in SoCal...how is that one? Notes would be helpful!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
noslensj wrote:At my local (Seattle area) Trader Joe's yesterday - where they were selling 2014 Pacific Rim Gewürtz for $3.99 per bottle.

I might have to make the 45 min drive to our TJ and see if they have it.

chipgreen

klezman wrote:Same here in SoCal...how is that one? Notes would be helpful!

I've had it. It's definitely worth $4. Off-dry with good acidity. Better chilled. Good enough for the patio on a hot day!

noslensj

chipgreen wrote:I've had it. It's definitely worth $4. Off-dry with good acidity. Better chilled. Good enough for the patio on a hot day!

My sentiments exactly.

It also does not go flat as it warms up. Still expressive at about 60 °F; as expected the nose evolves as it warms.

It's the Twin Vineyards bottling.

noslensj

Was doing field work yesterday, with a nearby TJs. On my way home, cleaned out the inventory (5 bottles) at that location. Then moved on the to TJs in downtown Bellevue, where they had the Pacific Rim as a featured display, with about three cases on the floor. So added another case.

Had some with Thai curried chicken last night. Wonderful pairing.

jmdavidson

Quite the list of Corison on Benchmark.

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:Quite the list of Corison on Benchmark.

CT