McMalbec

quality posts: 10 Private Messages McMalbec
jmdavidson wrote:This is back up on LB for anyone interested.

BTW, they still have some.

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
chipgreen wrote:Have not heard anything since March 23rd email posted previously. It's now 3 weeks from the original order date and 13 days from last contact.

Waited another week, then checked their website. Clone 6 was still listed as in stock and ships within 2-3 days. Emailed to inquire about my order from a month ago and received this reply;

"We apologize for this as this item is still back ordered from our supplier as they are also waiting for it. We have removed this item from the website as not in stock. Nothing is charged yet."

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
chipgreen wrote:Waited another week, then checked their website. Clone 6 was still listed as in stock and ships within 2-3 days. Emailed to inquire about my order from a month ago and received this reply;

"We apologize for this as this item is still back ordered from our supplier as they are also waiting for it. We have removed this item from the website as not in stock. Nothing is charged yet."

I bought that wine back in October of 2014, after the RPM tour. Or rather I tried to buy it, and they were out of stock, then, too. (It must have been a different vintage, though. The 2013 is still the current release at the winery.)

Finally in December of 2014, I received one bottle of 10 year Madeira that was also on the order. So they aren't outright crooked, but after single bottle shipping, it would have been cheaper to get it locally.

I called them to sort it out. They said there was some problem with their site and they couldn't remove it from the store. At least you got them to mark it as unavailable. (No - if I search their site for Bell, I can still add it to the shopping cart.)

I don't have Pro right now, but as I recall, all the bargain priced 2013 Clone 6 seemed to be different fronts for the same outfit - sometimes with varying prices.

I keep looking because I'd like to put together a Bell vertical some day.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

chipgreen

zTimothyBz wrote:I bought that wine back in October of 2014, after the RPM tour. Or rather I tried to buy it, and they were out of stock, then, too. (It must have been a different vintage, though. The 2013 is still the current release at the winery.)

Finally in December of 2014, I received one bottle of 10 year Madeira that was also on the order. So they aren't outright crooked, but after single bottle shipping, it would have been cheaper to get it locally.

I called them to sort it out. They said there was some problem with their site and they couldn't remove it from the store. At least you got them to mark it as unavailable. (No - if I search their site for Bell, I can still add it to the shopping cart.)

I don't have Pro right now, but as I recall, all the bargain priced 2013 Clone 6 seemed to be different fronts for the same outfit - sometimes with varying prices.

I keep looking because I'd like to put together a Bell vertical some day.

The other website I tried to order it from (previously referenced by jmdavidson) tried to pass off Bell's regular Napa Valley Cab bottling as Clone 6 by sending an email with a picture of the bottle, asking "is this what you ordered?". I wonder how many people have fallen for that ruse....

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
chipgreen wrote:The other website I tried to order it from (previously referenced by jmdavidson) tried to pass off Bell's regular Napa Valley Cab bottling as Clone 6 by sending an email with a picture of the bottle, asking "is this what you ordered?". I wonder how many people have fallen for that ruse....

Hey, I got a bottle of Clone 6. Wanna buy it?
That other vendor still has it on their website for $60/bottle. What's up with that?

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:Duplicate

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:Hey, I got a bottle of Clone 6. Wanna buy it?
That other vendor still has it on their website for $60/bottle. What's up with that?

I really think they would rather just sell it under an incorrect listing than fix their inventory. But to prevent returns, they send the pic first so if you ok it, the "Clone 6" is on the way! I'm also guessing that the problem goes back to the way it was coded/described by the distributor when they sold it to these outlets.

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Oh man I saw a 55 Vallana barolo today in a reputable store and the bottle looks like it was well taken care of for $150, also some good reviews from 3 years ago. Anyone want to split it and drink over a nice Italian dinner??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Oh man I saw a 55 Vallana barolo today in a reputable store and the bottle looks like it was well taken care of for $150, also some good reviews from 3 years ago. Anyone want to split it and drink over a nice Italian dinner??

As in 1955?

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

losthighwayz wrote:As in 1955?

Correct

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Oh man I saw a 55 Vallana barolo today in a reputable store and the bottle looks like it was well taken care of for $150, also some good reviews from 3 years ago. Anyone want to split it and drink over a nice Italian dinner??

+1
and then some.

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:+1
and then some.

What does this mean??

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:What does this mean??

It means you have one more to split the $$ with.

And the juice...

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:It means you have one more to split the $$ with.

And the juice...

Ok so your in we will need to plan the dinner soon, don't really want to sit on this for too long.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Ok so your in we will need to plan the dinner soon, don't really want to sit on this for too long.

You'll want to stand it up for at least a few weeks.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:You'll want to stand it up for at least a few weeks.

Agreed

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith

I'm game!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:I'm game!

You'll come out for this, but not the Corison?

Ok, perhaps I could understand that...

CT

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:You'll come out for this, but not the Corison?

Ok, perhaps I could understand that...

I was thinking you guys would come here!

I would have loved to have made it to the Corison event. Just couldn't make it happen.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jmdavidson

TSO has a 2014 Scott Harvey Winemaker's Reserve Amador County Zin at $14.99. During the WW Barbera offer on 04/15 Scott talked about bottling possibly this wine.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:TSO has a 2014 Scott Harvey Winemaker's Reserve Amador County Zin at $14.99. During the WW Barbera offer on 04/15 Scott talked about bottling possibly this wine.

But he didn't mention vintage year. Likely he was just bottling the '15 or '16.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

That'd be fun and interesting!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

I mentioned this in the "what are you drinking" thread, but this seems an appropriate place to mention a WineSmith sale. I got the email today, no doubt all of you got it too, but jic...

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON

Hey, PolarBear, did you get your Sea Smoke allocation notification? I just got mine, which means I have been added to the list. I did not get any of the Sea Spray, which I would really like to try.

I got more allocated than I am willing to buy, and Sea Smoke has a deal where I can share allocations with other people. I have Southing, Ten, and the Chardonnay available. Let me know if you are interested.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70

Wednesday 4/26 Iron Horse is back on RLL

InFrom

Last Bottle is having one of their flash sales. Right now they're showing the '14 Campesino Baybos for $19. I didn't try their wines on BD, so I picked up a couple of bottles today.

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
InFrom wrote:Last Bottle is having one of their flash sales. Right now they're showing the '14 Campesino Baybos for $19. I didn't try their wines on BD, so I picked up a couple of bottles today.

Grabbed one. Tried it at a tasting and it was my least favorite of the reds but still worth a buy.

CT

InFrom

cortot20 wrote:Grabbed one. Tried it at a tasting and it was my least favorite of the reds but still worth a buy.

That's my kind of logic. "My least favorite" = "buy". (But, only one.)

jmdavidson

Anyone find a "buy" on the bin sale at Benchmark? I picked up:
2002 Igneous CS
2010 Padis CS
2011 Hunnicutt CS
2002 Harris Estate CS

rjquillin

rc70 wrote:Wednesday 4/26 Iron Horse is back on RLL

Missed it. You recall what the offer was?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Missed it. You recall what the offer was?

Nothing noteworthy...iirc Classic Vintage Brut & Ocean for north of $60.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70
rjquillin wrote:Missed it. You recall what the offer was?

Not exactly, I passed. I know one was an Oceans Reserve and the other I believe was a Brut designation.
It was a 2 pack @ about 69.00.
I had several bottles of both being offered so I skipped.

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes

Last Bottle has the 2010 Mascot. $120/bottle is pricey, but from what I've heard, it's fabulous.
Anyone jumping on it?

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

tytiger58

karenhynes wrote:Last Bottle has the 2010 Mascot. $120/bottle is pricey, but from what I've heard, it's fabulous.
Anyone jumping on it?

Sounds interesting, never heard of it.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
tytiger58 wrote:Sounds interesting, never heard of it.

Apparently there's a barrel of it in the 2017 Auction Napa Valley.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

tytiger58

zTimothyBz wrote:Apparently there's a barrel of it in the 2017 Auction Napa Valley.

Good lord just looking at the barrel auction they must raise a huge amount of money!

karenhynes

tytiger58 wrote:Sounds interesting, never heard of it.

A friend from work (and fellow wine lover) recently opened a bottle of the 2011 and it pretty much blew his mind. I put myself on the allocation list for next fall's release, just for kicks. Last Bottle won't ship to IL anymore and I'm not thirsty enough to look for a work-around right now. He is pretty sure he paid $85 for the 2011 last fall.

tytiger58

karenhynes wrote:A friend from work (and fellow wine lover) recently opened a bottle of the 2011 and it pretty much blew his mind. I put myself on the allocation list for next fall's release, just for kicks. Last Bottle won't ship to IL anymore and I'm not thirsty enough to look for a work-around right now. He is pretty sure he paid $85 for the 2011 last fall.

Alright alright I just bought one for science

karenhynes

tytiger58 wrote:Alright alright I just bought one for science

When should I come over?

Ironically, it looks like I could ship it to my sister's house in PA (where until pretty recently I couldn't ship anything....not even a crappy wine cooler) and I cannot ship it to IL (where until recently liquor flowed pretty freely). Makes me sad.

tytiger58

karenhynes wrote:
When should I come over?

Ironically, it looks like I could ship it to my sister's house in PA (where until pretty recently I couldn't ship anything....not even a crappy wine cooler) and I cannot ship it to IL (where until recently liquor flowed pretty freely). Makes me sad.

Maybe I'll bring it to a cubbie game I'm planning on attending in June