klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:I really should call them and see where the shipping sweet spot is.
Yeah, this hurt a bit, but looking at the CT and winery direct pricing made it go down much easier.

Coming out for the Corison event?

See, you should wait for others to chime in...
http://www.winechateau.com/sku1837644_CAVE-SPRING-RIESLING-2011-750ML would be a nice way to decrease the per-bottle shipping while getting a tasty Riesling in the bargain.

Not to mention a ton of excellent and inexpensive German Rieslings.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:1 - 3 bottles to IL is $20, then increases depending on quantity. Some of us (me) can't afford volume purchasing at this price. Wish I could or I'd buy a case.

In for 3. The shipping is still negligible when you consider that this wine retails for $200. Club pricing is $170. I paid $140 for a bottle of the 2010 on the last rpm tour.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
chipgreen wrote:In for 3. The shipping is still negligible when you consider that this wine retails for $200. Club pricing is $170. I paid $140 for a bottle of the 2010 on the last rpm tour.

PM for you, hopefully before you buy.

rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:See, you should wait for others to chime in...
http://www.winechateau.com/sku1837644_CAVE-SPRING-RIESLING-2011-750ML would be a nice way to decrease the per-bottle shipping while getting a tasty Riesling in the bargain.

Not to mention a ton of excellent and inexpensive German Rieslings.

Only inexpensive until shipping is added.
But there is now at least a full case coming, so $/btl is a bit better.

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Only inexpensive until shipping is added.

How does it feel to be on the other side of the country for a change?

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Only inexpensive until shipping is added.

You're welcome :-)

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:How does it feel to be on the other side of the country for a change?

Doesn't much matter with WL or 'TSO. These folks are in a world of their own.

I did grumble and get a $10 discount on shipping, but would need a case of ky to ease the pain on this one.

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Doesn't much matter with WL or 'TSO. These folks are in a world of their own.

I did grumble and get a $10 discount on shipping, but would need a case of ky to ease the pain on this one.

I just hope it's actually Clone 6 when it shows up.....

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:PM for you, hopefully before you buy.

check reply, thx

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I just hope it's actually Clone 6 when it shows up.....

There is that...

CT

chipgreen

Rcvd an email....
Get ready for the Spring Friends and Family Online Wine Event!
A great opportunity to save of up to 70% off incredible brands such as Beringer, Beaulieu Vineyard, Acacia, Sterling, Provenance, Penfolds and many more, & shipping is included in the price!
The Spring Friends and Family Online Wine Event opens March 29th
Mark your calendar and share with your friends!
Shop www.treasurywineevent.com early for the best selection!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz

2014 zaca Mesa Viognier at Costco for $10.99 great summer time wine for the price IMO nice acidity with honeysuckle on the nose...smells like summer!

"The older I get the better I was"

jmdavidson

chipgreen wrote:I just hope it's actually Clone 6 when it shows up.....

I just got notification from WLAND (actual name not being used because I do not want anyone to even think about giving them business) that they do not have the clone 6. Seems like a vendor I will not do business with again. Borderline unscrupulous.
Did the chateau order for the clone 6 come through as they said?

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:I just got notification from WLAND (actual name not being used because I do not want anyone to even think about giving them business) that they do not have the clone 6. Seems like a vendor I will not do business with again. Borderline unscrupulous.

Below is some email I got today in reply to a drop-ship question posed Saturday.
I had asked for shipping today to work with a forecast nice cool week, this week.

Both items are on order and we should be getting by tomorrow or Wed and then we can discuss the shipping. If you want to stopover then we must ship next week Mon so that it is not sitting in the Fedex warehouse on weekends.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:I just got notification from WLAND (actual name not being used because I do not want anyone to even think about giving them business) that they do not have the clone 6. Seems like a vendor I will not do business with again. Borderline unscrupulous.

Can you let me know so I don't unknowingly buy from them?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Can you let me know so I don't unknowingly buy from them?

+1. Also, I think I missed it. jmd bought a Clone 6 that wasn't actually a Clone 6?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes

...and it's still available for purchase on the site.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jmdavidson

kylemittskus wrote:+1. Also, I think I missed it. jmd bought a Clone 6 that wasn't actually a Clone 6?

The site has the Bell Clone 6 for $60/bottle, yet now they said they don't have it. Would have been a 'elluva deal tho.

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Can you let me know so I don't unknowingly buy from them?

It's a couple pages back, iirc.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:The site has the Bell Clone 6 for $60/bottle, yet now they said they don't have it. Would have been a 'elluva deal tho.

Still showing it available...

I rather like the banner they display as well

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus

Hang on, just checking...

Wine Chateau.

Okay, yeah. It is pretty easy to type.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Hang on, just checking...

Wine Chateau.

Okay, yeah. It is pretty easy to type.

C'mon now, it's more fun to be obnoxiously vague for no reason.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

merbill

quality posts: 40 Private Messages merbill
jmdavidson wrote:The site has the Bell Clone 6 for $60/bottle, yet now they said they don't have it. Would have been a 'elluva deal tho.

Well, they don't have it for $60. It's $81 now.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 24
First Grape Debater

rjquillin

merbill wrote:Well, they don't have it for $60. It's $81 now.

Still $60 on that other wineo site.

CT

karenhynes

rjquillin wrote:Still $60 on that other wineo site.

But they don't actually have any, which is why jmd's order was cancelled. I e-mailed them. Their response:

"Unfortunately this item is currently out of stock with my distributors. They should be getting more in soon."

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:But they don't actually have any, which is why jmd's order was cancelled. I e-mailed them. Their response:

"Unfortunately this item is currently out of stock with my distributors. They should be getting more in soon."

I doubt they'll have it for $60! (If they can even get it.)

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:I doubt they'll have it for $60! (If they can even get it.)

I won't hold my breath.

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Below is some email I got today in reply to a drop-ship question posed Saturday.
I had asked for shipping today to work with a forecast nice cool week, this week.

Both items are on order and we should be getting by tomorrow or Wed and then we can discuss the shipping. If you want to stopover then we must ship next week Mon so that it is not sitting in the Fedex warehouse on weekends.

Got this 2 days ago (8 days after placing my order)....

Dear Valued Customer,
This is to bring to your kind notice that order with WineChateau.com has been slightly delayed.
At WineChateau.com, we strive to deliver the best possible customer experience, and we sincerely apologize for this unanticipated delay.
You will receive a shipping confirmation email with FedEx tracking information when your order has shipped.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.For your information, your card has not been charged yet as this is just an authorized amount, not a charged amount.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for shopping with WineChateau.com!

Kind Regards,
Customer Service
WineChateau.com

PFFFFT, more pyrite!

rjquillin

Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay 2013 $17 on 'tso

CT

jmdavidson

chipgreen wrote:Got this 2 days ago (8 days after placing my order)....

Dear Valued Customer,
This is to bring to your kind notice that order with WineChateau.com has been slightly delayed.
At WineChateau.com, we strive to deliver the best possible customer experience, and we sincerely apologize for this unanticipated delay.
You will receive a shipping confirmation email with FedEx tracking information when your order has shipped.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.For your information, your card has not been charged yet as this is just an authorized amount, not a charged amount.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for shopping with WineChateau.com!

Kind Regards,
Customer Service
WineChateau.com

PFFFFT, more pyrite!

So, did any of you get the Clone 6 from WC?

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:So, did any of you get the Clone 6 from WC?

My latest from the 23ͬͩ:
Dear Valued Customer,
This is to bring to your kind notice that order with redacted has been slightly delayed.
At WC, we strive to deliver the best possible customer experience, and we sincerely apologize for this unanticipated delay.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for shopping with WC!

Kind Regards,
Customer Service

need to call 'em again

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:My latest from the 23ͬͩ:
Dear Valued Customer,
This is to bring to your kind notice that order with redacted has been slightly delayed.
At WC, we strive to deliver the best possible customer experience, and we sincerely apologize for this unanticipated delay.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for shopping with WC!

Kind Regards,
Customer Service

need to call 'em again

$80, much like $60, for a clone 6, too good to be true! Let me know if you get it and I'll order some up.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:$80, much like $60, for a clone 6, too good to be true! Let me know if you get it and I'll order some up.

WILCO

CT

bedenny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bedenny

Anyone try this. Looks like it was on woot previously. 4.99/bottle.
http://www.wineofthemonthclub.com/product/317emp/wine-shoppe

rjquillin

bedenny wrote:Anyone try this. Looks like it was on woot previously. 4.99/bottle.
http://www.wineofthemonthclub.com/product/317emp/wine-shoppe

comments are somewhat lacking. MdS really does need to pull some corks.

CT

jmdavidson

LastBottle currently has Jemrose Syrah Cardiac Hill Vineyard Bennett Valley 2014 for $25, fs w/4. I have purchased quite a few different Jemrose red wines, altho not this one, and they are across the board very good and a good value at $25.

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70
jmdavidson wrote:LastBottle currently has Jemrose Syrah Cardiac Hill Vineyard Bennett Valley 2014 for $25, fs w/4. I have purchased quite a few different Jemrose red wines, altho not this one, and they are across the board very good and a good value at $25.

I grabbed 4 of these, I have been pleased with my other Jemrose purchases and they seem to do Syrah very well.

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:So, did any of you get the Clone 6 from WC?

Have not heard anything since March 23rd email posted previously. It's now 3 weeks from the original order date and 13 days from last contact.

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:LastBottle currently has Jemrose Syrah Cardiac Hill Vineyard Bennett Valley 2014 for $25, fs w/4. I have purchased quite a few different Jemrose red wines, altho not this one, and they are across the board very good and a good value at $25.

This is back up on LB for anyone interested.

kaolis

quality posts: 66 Private Messages kaolis

WTSO premium. Black Kite 2012 kite's rest pinot. $35 fs on 1. Never had anything from them. Went for a bottle.