kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:And I love Hayne vineyard!

Word.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Anyone have Amarone before? Thoughts on the tso deal up rt now? Anyone in socal up for a split?

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Anyone have Amarone before? Thoughts on the tso deal up rt now? Anyone in socal up for a split?

I dig them..thanks Kyle But if you have not tried them I would go to Costco and pick up a Masi (love the producer) and try 1 before you buy multiple bottles IMHO

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:I dig them..thanks Kyle But if you have not tried them I would go to Costco and pick up a Masi (love the producer) and try 1 before you buy multiple bottles IMHO

If Kyle likes then Im in trouble! went in on the deal...hope I don't regret it

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

carp, wrong thread.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Klez, already verified we can do the same deal as we did before, so no hurry to jump on WS.

Nifty. Because I really need more wine. Although tonight's wine tasting at the office got rid of 7 bottles. Tomorrow's WB tasting will be another 2.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

losthighwayz wrote:Anyone have Amarone before? Thoughts on the tso deal up rt now? Anyone in socal up for a split?

They make it by drying the grapes out in the sun for a month or so before fermenting, etc. You get more raisiny flavours and often plenty of acid. They're delicious in general, imo.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Amarone.......mmmmmm
Yes, Amarone is not like a Euopean wine, it's
as New World as you can get...deep, rich mouthfeel, like the most flavorful Zin you've ever had.
Do get a Masi, it was my first, and you'll always
be looking for that same experience.
Cheap Amarone ($25) is good, but expect to spend $50, or more for a great one.
Oddly enough, LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario (Canada)) is selling Masi Clasico for $39.99, and yes, I've bought a few.

losthighwayz

randysanders wrote:Amarone.......mmmmmm
Yes, Amarone is not like a Euopean wine, it's
as New World as you can get...deep, rich mouthfeel, like the most flavorful Zin you've ever had.
Do get a Masi, it was my first, and you'll always
be looking for that same experience.
Cheap Amarone ($25) is good, but expect to spend $50, or more for a great one.
Oddly enough, LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario (Canada)) is selling Masi Clasico for $39.99, and yes, I've bought a few.

Thanks. I enjoy in your face dry creek valley zins here and there so this may work. I ended up purchasing on WTSO. Paid $25 for an alleged $60 srp but you never know with WTSO pricing. Nonetheless, CT notes were promising. Hope its in my wheelhouse!

losthighwayz

klezman wrote:They make it by drying the grapes out in the sun for a month or so before fermenting, etc. You get more raisiny flavours and often plenty of acid. They're delicious in general, imo.

Been wanting to try some for a while now...winemaking sounds intriguing...i hope its raisiny as opposed to pruny or stewed prune

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Been wanting to try some for a while now...winemaking sounds intriguing...i hope its raisiny as opposed to pruny or stewed prune

Not pruney, cooked. Delicious, big, voluminous mouthful with tons of flavor.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

randysanders wrote:Oddly enough, LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario (Canada)) is selling Masi Clasico for $39.99, and yes, I've bought a few.

Helps when you're the largest single purchaser of wine due to having a monopoly over ~12 million people

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
merbill wrote:Chase Hayne Vineyard Estate Napa Zinfandel 2006-2009 vertical on WineShopper for $90. Woot had the 2007-2009 vertical of these last year for $90, so now you can get the 2006 for free. Free shipping when your order is over $99, so just add one of their other offers to the Chase set. PM if you need an invite - a new account gets $10 credit.

Also, you can save $10 on $99 or more right now with code JUNETEN. Don't know for sure how that figures into the free shipping, but I assume you'd need to spend $99 after the discount.
EDIT: And they have a 2005 d'Yquem marked down from $800 to $499!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Also, you can save $10 on $99 or more right now with code JUNETEN. Don't know for sure how that figures into the free shipping, but I assume you'd need to spend $99 after the discount.
EDIT: And they have a 2005 d'Yquem marked down from $800 to $499!

PM for you

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Ty Caton 2011 Sonoma Valley - Caton Vineyard cabernet on WTSO $19.99 free ship on 4. Not a screamer deal but works for an everyday right?

Also, this is the reg cab, not the Wimemaker's Reserve that shows once in awhile.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Looking with interest at the The 2011 Havens Black & Blue Mount Veeder Red on WTSO at the moment. Any thoughts? Nothing much on CT.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
InFrom wrote:Looking with interest at the The 2011 Havens Black & Blue Mount Veeder Red on WTSO at the moment. Any thoughts? Nothing much on CT.

Their original Black & Blue was great stuff, but then they sold out to Billington Imports who went belly up.

I don't believe there's any affiliation, aside from the name, with the original winery now.

That said, it'll probably be a total c r a p shoot on a c r a p shoot vintage.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Vitis (PM me if you need a referral) has Tallulah 2005 'Del Rio Vineyard' Oregon Syrah up for $17.99/bottle

Bottle Size 750mL
Vintage 2005
Grape 100% Syrah
Appellation Oregon
Alcohol 15%

rjquillin

Was up 2013-05-08 as well.
Haven't opened one yet.

bsevern wrote:Vitis (PM me if you need a referral) has Tallulah 2005 'Del Rio Vineyard' Oregon Syrah up for $17.99/bottle

Bottle Size 750mL
Vintage 2005
Grape 100% Syrah
Appellation Oregon
Alcohol 15%

CT

chipgreen

I thought Mike Drash (Tallulah) was a great fit for the WW community. Disappointed that he seems to have shunned us!

losthighwayz

chipgreen wrote:I thought Mike Drash (Tallulah) was a great fit for the WW community. Disappointed that he seems to have shunned us!

+1

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
kaolis wrote:Ty Caton 2011 Sonoma Valley - Caton Vineyard cabernet on WTSO $19.99 free ship on 4. Not a screamer deal but works for an everyday right?

Also, this is the reg cab, not the Wimemaker's Reserve that shows once in awhile.

There was a Robert Storey label? cab on plat from his wifes somona vineyard for $17.99 on 6/11 at opening that vanished on my checkout. Iirc it was a 700+ case production. Gone in 8 min.Should have not analyzed it.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
joelsisk wrote:nice find! I believe this is run through WCC, same as wine.woot. Interesting to see that WD may have quite a bit of this on hand... and at better than woot prices!

Confirmed, as the "shipped from" on the label was "Woot / Wine County Connect"

chipgreen

joelsisk wrote:Confirmed, as the "shipped from" on the label was "Woot / Wine County Connect"

...and now available in the Plus deal for the same price as the Groupon offer but add tax and an extra $5 for shipping. Did they charge sales tax on the Groupon sale?

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

For those near a bevmo, my local east Pasadena store had reata pinot noirs on close out at 60% off. I got the Sonoma coast 10' PN for $11.17 a bottle.

CT

joelsisk

chipgreen wrote:...and now available in the Plus deal for the same price as the Groupon offer but add tax and an extra $5 for shipping. Did they charge sales tax on the Groupon sale?

no tax. no shipping. Also, last I checked it said "more than 10 sold"... so I'm thinking groupon goods isn't a high volume sales outlet

joelsisk

bsevern wrote:I was eying that for an office sipper....price is right and it's Fred approved!

I wish I could drink in my office...

kaolis

Marchesi Mazzei Tenuta Belguardo
Maremma Toscana 2008 24.99 at WTSO Premium free ship on 2.

rjquillin

got a card from wine.com with a link for an offer $20 off $100 with code
together
valid thru June 30

CT

klezman

Semi-annual 50% off Ty Caton event. Might need to stock up on his Riesling. Because I don't have enough wine. Sheesh.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:Semi-annual 50% off Ty Caton event. Might need to stock up on his Riesling. Because I don't have enough wine. Sheesh.

I would love to order/stock up... but the shipping is killing me!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Semi-annual 50% off Ty Caton event. Might need to stock up on his Riesling. Because I don't have enough wine. Sheesh.

You're talking to the choir!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Pedroncelli friends.white

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Anybody go for the 40th Anniversary Caymus Cab that is everywhere? Opinions? I, through no fault of my own, will have 9 bottles of the stuff.

rjquillin

Sanford & Benedict 1979 Library Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
Up on plus.
For all the alienated east coasters that snoozed thru it last time.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rjquillin wrote:Sanford & Benedict 1979 Library Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
Up on plus.
For all the alienated east coasters that snoozed thru it last time.

And gone.

kaolis

randysanders wrote:Anybody go for the 40th Anniversary Caymus Cab that is everywhere? Opinions? I, through no fault of my own, will have 9 bottles of the stuff.

Haven't had it but I've seen mostly bashing and not much positive, that's it pretty one dimensional and overdone. But who knows, especially after a few years sometimes the ugly duckling changes.