kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Ill take a case to. Ake it 5 for $10 per bottle if not too late

Are you drunk?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:I had one of those going......... Stupid stillman email list............. Grumble grumble......... But I got some better than ww pricing on a mixed 1/2 case. So cheers!!!!!!!!

There's a list I'm ~not~ on!?

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:Are you drunk?

Haha just reread my post. No, I wasn't drunk just yet in all seriousness, I type on my ipad and tend to make spelling mistakes. I meant to say I'll take one case to mKe it 5 cases total for a $10 per bottle cost.

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:There's a list I'm ~not~ on!?

Stillman does not gave a wine club but he does have an email list that puts all of his winery offers through. Email him at stillmanb at aol.com to get added.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:At $10/bottle these can be daily drinkers. No storage space needed. We're going to miss you guys again on your 4th tour unless you get in before the 2nd.

It's a wedding in Santa Rosa on the 5th. Prior and following events are still TBD. Would be great to see you guys.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Tourists from 2012's RPM Magical History Tour will be familiar with Robert Craig. Right now there is an offer on Underground Cellar for $32/bottle you get one "upgrade" for every two bottles you buy. The "base" bottle is a 2012 Mt. George Cuvee. Example, if you buy 4 bottles at $32 apiece, 2 of them will be Mt. George Cuvee and 2 of them will be "upgrades". The upgrades can be Robert Craig Affinity Cab, Mt. Veeder Cab or Howell Mountain Cab. There is even a magnum for one lucky buyer.

I did well, bought 6 bottles and my 3 upgrades were 1 each of the Affinity, Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs. Feel free to PM me for a referral.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
chipgreen wrote:Tourists from 2012's RPM Magical History Tour will be familiar with Robert Craig. Right now there is an offer on Underground Cellar for $32/bottle you get one "upgrade" for every two bottles you buy. The "base" bottle is a 2012 Mt. George Cuvee. Example, if you buy 4 bottles at $32 apiece, 2 of them will be Mt. George Cuvee and 2 of them will be "upgrades". The upgrades can be Robert Craig Affinity Cab, Mt. Veeder Cab or Howell Mountain Cab. There is even a magnum for one lucky buyer.

I did well, bought 6 bottles and my 3 upgrades were 1 each of the Affinity, Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs. Feel free to PM me for a referral.

Do they indicate what the upgrades are upon purchase? or in an email sometime after purchase? or...? Also, are all upgrades 2012 as well?

chipgreen

joelsisk wrote:Do they indicate what the upgrades are upon purchase? or in an email sometime after purchase? or...? Also, are all upgrades 2012 as well?

Yes, as soon as your transaction is complete they show which bottles you got.

50% of the bottles are 2012 Mt. George Cuvee, 31% are 2011 Affinity Cab, 12% are 2010 Mt. Veeder Cab, 6% are 2011 Howell Mt. Cab and there is (1) 2011 Affinity Cab signed magnum.

Shipping is $5 w/6+ bottles or free with 12+ bottles. You can store your bottles in their "cloud cellar" until you're ready for them to ship.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
chipgreen wrote:Tourists from 2012's RPM Magical History Tour will be familiar with Robert Craig. Right now there is an offer on Underground Cellar for $32/bottle you get one "upgrade" for every two bottles you buy. The "base" bottle is a 2012 Mt. George Cuvee. Example, if you buy 4 bottles at $32 apiece, 2 of them will be Mt. George Cuvee and 2 of them will be "upgrades". The upgrades can be Robert Craig Affinity Cab, Mt. Veeder Cab or Howell Mountain Cab. There is even a magnum for one lucky buyer.

Solid deal and the upgrades make it more tempting.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:It's a wedding in Santa Rosa on the 5th. Prior and following events are still TBD. Would be great to see you guys.

We should definitely try to grab dinner or at least pull a few corks if it works out, but we are out the 2-9th, so low likelihood.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:Solid deal and the upgrades make it more tempting.

Personally, I was rather disappointed with the RC visit, as, iirc, were most on the second tour.

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:Personally, I was rather disappointed with the RC visit, as, iirc, were most on the second tour.

I picked up an 08 Howell mtn. cs and an 09 mt. veeder cs. Both, iirc, were very complex and tasty and indicative of their AVA's. They were also in the $75 price range. The beginners tasted different wines than the veterans, who I thought got to try the more expensive &/or older wines.

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:I picked up an 08 Howell mtn. cs and an 09 mt. veeder cs. Both, iirc, were very complex and tasty and indicative of their AVA's. They were also in the $75 price range. The beginners tasted different wines than the veterans, who I thought got to try the more expensive &/or older wines.

Yes, it seems the newbies and the vets had totally different experiences at Robert Craig. We got a nice outdoor, barrel-top tasting initially then went inside for additional tasting, where the vets had been piled onto a sofa sectional while we took seats at the counter or just milled around the salon.

Not sure if it was the tasting experience, the wine, or both that contributed to the vets being disappointed but I think the newbies were pretty happy. SWMBO and I thought the Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs were fantastic, especially the Howell Mt. juice.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
chipgreen wrote:Yes, it seems the newbies and the vets had totally different experiences at Robert Craig. We got a nice outdoor, barrel-top tasting initially then went inside for additional tasting, where the vets had been piled onto a sofa sectional while we took seats at the counter or just milled around the salon.

Not sure if it was the tasting experience, the wine, or both that contributed to the vets being disappointed but I think the newbies were pretty happy. SWMBO and I thought the Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs were fantastic, especially the Howell Mt. juice.

I was on the newbie side of the tour and I was sorely disappointed at RC. I felt that the reps outside with us were sales people not wine people. I also felt that every wine they poured for us would be okay at half price.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:I was on the newbie side of the tour and I was sorely disappointed at RC. I felt that the reps outside with us were sales people not wine people. I also felt that every wine they poured for us would be okay at half price.

The reps inside were no better, perhaps worse; totally avoiding answering some very direct, relevant, questions. Pure sales, and even that not well done.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
cmaldoon wrote:I was on the newbie side of the tour and I was sorely disappointed at RC. I felt that the reps outside with us were sales people not wine people. I also felt that every wine they poured for us would be okay at half price.

Gotta say that this pretty much mirrors my experience there as well. RC isn't something I'll be seeking out in the future...

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Korbin Kameron 2007 cab on wtsoplat. Scooped up 2 for myself. Neil and I went to the glen ellen tasting room and really enjoyed the whole lineup there. No specific notes on this wine, but I did star it on my tasting sheet. Was too rich for me at $50 though. At $24 I bit.

cmaldoon

BPWINE just got a cellar with some T-Vine wines in. This includes a set of 2001 Napa Petite Sirah for $25 a bottle
They also have their usual very reasonable $9 flat rate shipping and ability to hold for heat and hold for combining purchases.

My Cellar

chipgreen

I agree that the QPR was lacking and I really don't remember anything we tasted other than the Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs but I remember both of them very fondly.

We thought about getting a bottle of each but decided that we liked the Howell Mt. juice better and bought 2 bottles of it for around $70 apiece w/tax. Pretty happy (and lucky) to score a bottle of each from UC for $32!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:I agree that the QPR was lacking and I really don't remember anything we tasted other than the Mt. Veeder and Howell Mt. Cabs but I remember both of them very fondly.

We thought about getting a bottle of each but decided that we liked the Howell Mt. juice better and bought 2 bottles of it for around $70 apiece w/tax. Pretty happy (and lucky) to score a bottle of each from UC for $32!

Yes, good deal. I think RC wines are great albeit pricey. Their tasting room experience obviously has room for improvement.

Also, it is worth noting the 2011 of the base ($32/bottle) wine, sells for $22 at K&L.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Bodegas Los Astrales 'Astrales' Ribera on WTSO for 34.99. I have had the 07 and 08 and both were easily worth 34.99 FWIW.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
random122 wrote:F Teldeschi sale:

2000 Petite Sirah will be on sale for $20.00 per bottle, $216 per case (18/btl), or $192/case ($16/btl) when you buy 2 cases, or $168/case ($14/btl) when you buy 3 cases, or $144/case ($12/btl) when you buy 4 cases, or $120/case ($10/btl) when you buy 5 or more cases. (Retail $36.00)
Chipgreen...see PM
Zin vertical (1991 - 1997 various lots) - $360/12btls

1995 – 1998 Terranova - $100

6 bottle Vertical of 1994 – 1999 Petite Sirah - $180

Sale ends June 30th or at sellout.

Chipgreen see PM

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Chipgreen see PM

Replied.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

WTSO has Scott Harvey
Winemaker's Reserve Zinfandel
Amador County 2012 Free Shipping on 4 or more @ $15.99/ea.

I recall we had some discussion on this in the past, and it appears to be exclusive to WTSO???

Has anyone tried it???

chipgreen

bsevern wrote:WTSO has Scott Harvey

I recall we had some discussion on this in the past, and it appears to be exclusive to WTSO???

Has anyone tried it???

Have not yet tried mine but... it's Scott Harvey Zinfandel!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bsevern wrote:WTSO has Scott Harvey

Has anyone tried it???

bummer.. I missed it

klezman

chipgreen wrote:Have not yet tried mine but... it's Scott Harvey Zinfandel!

Word last time was that while it had Scott's name on it, the wine bore little resemblance to the SH Zins we know and love. WTSO set all the specs on in.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

klezman wrote:Word last time was that while it had Scott's name on it, the wine bore little resemblance to the SH Zins we know and love. WTSO set all the specs on in.

Maybe I'll bring a bottle on the RPM tour so we can try it. I bought a bottle limo that I'll have with me anyway so I might as well put some wine in it.

jmdavidson

chipgreen wrote:Maybe I'll bring a bottle on the RPM tour so we can try it. I bought a bottle limo that I'll have with me anyway so I might as well put some wine in it.

So, the bottle limo will withstand the guerrilla in baggage handling?

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:So, the bottle limo will withstand the guerrilla in baggage handling?

I hope so.... this will be my first time using it.

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:So, the bottle limo will withstand the guerrilla in baggage handling?

Is the guerrilla in baggage working to overthrow his TSA oppressors?

Btw... Over-lords gets modded? Why?

My Cellar

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
spammie wrote:Groupon deal - 4 bottles of 2009 Coordinates Dry Creek Valley Cabernet Franc - $60 + free ship:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-4-bottles-of-coordinates-dry-creek-valley-cabernet-franc

Previous woot offers @ 3/$53 + $5 ship:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5682834&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5635239&ref=cnt_odet_jtd

nice find! I believe this is run through WCC, same as wine.woot. Interesting to see that WD may have quite a bit of this on hand... and at better than woot prices!

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
joelsisk wrote:nice find! I believe this is run through WCC, same as wine.woot. Interesting to see that WD may have quite a bit of this on hand... and at better than woot prices!

WCC website states they work with woot, Groupon Goods, & Rue La La:
http://www.winecountryconnect.com/groupon.html

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Scott Harvey 2011 Vineyard 1869 Old Vine Zinfandel is up at http://www.thewinespies.com/ for $29.99, free shipping with 6 bottles

klezman

bdlsmoran wrote:Scott Harvey 2011 Vineyard 1869 Old Vine Zinfandel is up at http://www.thewinespies.com/ for $29.99, free shipping with 6 bottles

If somebody down here got some I'll split a 6-pack with you. Especially if you can hold on for a while until I have room!

rjquillin

klezman wrote:If somebody down here got some I'll split a 6-pack with you. Especially if you can hold on for a while until I have room!

Klez, already verified we can do the same deal as we did before, so no hurry to jump on WS.

CT

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Chase Hayne Vineyard Estate Napa Zinfandel 2006-2009 vertical on WineShopper for $90. Woot had the 2007-2009 vertical of these last year for $90, so now you can get the 2006 for free. Free shipping when your order is over $99, so just add one of their other offers to the Chase set. PM if you need an invite - a new account gets $10 credit.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
merbill wrote:Chase Hayne Vineyard Estate Napa Zinfandel 2006-2009 vertical on WineShopper for $90. Woot had the 2007-2009 vertical of these last year for $90, so now you can get the 2006 for free. Free shipping when your order is over $99, so just add one of their other offers to the Chase set. PM if you need an invite - a new account gets $10 credit.

I love Chase wines.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I love Chase wines.

And I love Hayne vineyard!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson