bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Got some too, Damn you enablers

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:Ok, you can be a jacka$$ too!

I was born a Jacka$$ what's your excuse

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:I was born a Jacka$$ what's your excuse

Wait, wait, wait. If we're needing excuses, I'm outta here. I just want to be me without having to justify why. Is that too much to ask?!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fifisoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifisoda

Sinnet Rose (Knot Wines) 2007 is back on LB this am. Had to try it this time after all the banter on this board

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

just ordered a case of the rose sparkler

kylemittskus

ERMD wrote:just ordered a case of the rose sparkler

Good decision, both of you.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

An assortment of plastic wine glasses up in T&G.

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Good decision, both of you.

A case.
You broke your siwbm for this didn't you. That good...?

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Good decision, both of you.

Agreed! you know every once in a while Kyle really knows what he is talking about

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
rjquillin wrote:A case.

For a good to great rose sparkler at the begining of summer... no brainer. Donna and I will drink 2/week on the beach.

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:A case.

I slipped and grabbed 2. Lost took the other 2. That'll be my only purchase for quite a while. At $18, really good.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
fifisoda wrote:Sinnet Rose (Knot Wines) 2007 is back on LB this am. Had to try it this time after all the banter on this board

Took a bottle of this to our favorite Italian restaurant the other night to have with starters. The chef (a friend) makes a fabulous burata and we shared some mussels as well with the sparkling rose. A Brunello with dinner and some of his limoncello after. A wonderful evening. Was glad to be able to stock up on this again as we often take a bottle with us.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:I slipped and grabbed 2. Lost took the other 2. That'll be my only purchase for quite a while. At $18, really good.

Keep on slipping...always glad to have a helping hand!

"The older I get the better I was"

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

F Teldeschi sale:

2000 Petite Sirah will be on sale for $20.00 per bottle, $216 per case (18/btl), or $192/case ($16/btl) when you buy 2 cases, or $168/case ($14/btl) when you buy 3 cases, or $144/case ($12/btl) when you buy 4 cases, or $120/case ($10/btl) when you buy 5 or more cases. (Retail $36.00)

Zin vertical (1991 - 1997 various lots) - $360/12btls

1995 – 1998 Terranova - $100

6 bottle Vertical of 1994 – 1999 Petite Sirah - $180

Sale ends June 30th or at sellout.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen

For fans of Armida PoiZin that may have missed out during the wootoff, Wine Spies has it today for $20, free shipping on 6.

chipgreen

1992 En Tirage Extra Brut is on Wine Spies for $45. They also still have the Armida PoiZin available, as well as a 2009 Red Cap Vineyards Howell Mt. Cab for $50 and a couple other selections. Can mix/match to get free shipping on 6.

palmer3317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmer3317

anyone tried the ribera del duero on TSO-P? I've had some success with some of WTSO's rioja offerings in this price range.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

2011 Esprit de Tablas (Creek) mags on WTSOPlat for $100

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
cmaldoon wrote:2011 Esprit de Tablas (Creek) mags on WTSOPlat for $100

+1. CT: 91.4 avg for 27 tasting notes.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
random122 wrote:F Teldeschi sale:

2000 Petite Sirah will be on sale for $20.00 per bottle, $216 per case (18/btl), or $192/case ($16/btl) when you buy 2 cases, or $168/case ($14/btl) when you buy 3 cases, or $144/case ($12/btl) when you buy 4 cases, or $120/case ($10/btl) when you buy 5 or more cases. (Retail $36.00)

Zin vertical (1991 - 1997 various lots) - $360/12btls

1995 – 1998 Terranova - $100

6 bottle Vertical of 1994 – 1999 Petite Sirah - $180

Sale ends June 30th or at sellout.

Anyone in the bay area interested in going in on the '00 PS? At $20 it would be a great daily drinker primed and ready to go.

EDIT: I drank my only bottle of the 2000 last night. It was damn tasty and in a really good place right now. I will post my notes to CT today.

EDIT2: CT entry
Cork came out nicely and in good shape. Loads of sediment on the cork an neck. In the glass, dark and opaque purple, but not inky dark. Nose is wonderful on the PnP. Good intensity dark bramble fruit and violets. Good acid and well resolved tannin from the mid palate through the finish. Needs to open up a bit, but approachable on PnP with plenty of structure. Fruit leans toward dark plum and rich blackberry with a herbal note that make the wine intriguing. Tasted some rosemary and sage alongside the wine to place it. Definitely sage, but a hint of rosemary as well. Sweet chewy tannins on the finish with medium plus length.
After 20 minutes in the glass the palate is gaining strength and opening up. Bramble note become deeper and more pronounced and now a bit of white pepper spice on the finish.
This wine is in a very nice place right now and has the stuffing to easily go another 5 or 10 years depending on your stylistic preference on PETs. This went really well with burgers and could easily hang with lamb or steaks.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Invino claims the retail is $35 yet the winery price is $28? They sell it for $18 on ebay.

http://www.watkinsfamilywinery.com/syrah.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Watkins-Family-Winery-Syrah-/271388228306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2fffbad2

chipgreen

bud8jr wrote:Invino claims the retail is $35 yet the winery price is $28? They sell it for $18 on ebay.

http://www.watkinsfamilywinery.com/syrah.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Watkins-Family-Winery-Syrah-/271388228306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2fffbad2

Huh! I did not know that you could buy wine on eBay.

random122

trifecta wrote:Anyone in the bay area interested in going in on the '00 PS?

Let me know if you'd like me to add a few to my order. I've got a case on hold for pickup.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Huh! I did not know that you could buy wine on eBay.

Another Invino marketing channel.

CT

trifecta

random122 wrote:Let me know if you'd like me to add a few to my order. I've got a case on hold for pickup.

Did you already pay? I would combine if we could get the price down. Dan would probably work with us...

Deleted some text here, see latest comment.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

Mad Housewife wines up on RLL. $10/bottle for 6 or $9/bottle for 12

rjquillin

We've got 5-cases coming to SoCal if any consolidation would help you folks out.

trifecta wrote:Did you already pay? I would combine if we could get the price down. Dan would probably work with us...
Definitely would like some. Maybe we can get up to the two case price? I would do 6 bottles at $18 per bottle, but would be willing to do a couple more if we could get the 2 case price of $16 per. I'll ping ajrod today, as I know he likes the petite.

If you did already pay, maybe Dan would take the difference out of the add on order ($24).

EDIT: I have confirmation of 2 more case if we can get it at the $14 price. That would bring your price down by $48 I think.

trifecta - 12 bottles
ajrod27 - 6 bottles
bsevern - 4 bottles
CAgrl - 2 bottles

Random122 - Can you call Dan and see if he will work out the addition of the 2 cases (3 total with yours) down to $14/bottle? If my math is correct that would mean you own Dan an additional $288 +tax and we would owe you $336+tax. I can paypal you the cash first if needed and then collect from the others.

The added bonus is that we could have a party to meet up and distribute

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:We've got 5-cases coming to SoCal if any consolidation would help you folks out.

I think we have it handled up north here. Thanks for the offer... constantly enabling

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Wha???? So we could maybe get in on the 5 case price of $10/bottle? How can we make this happen?

So you guys are at two cases it appears.
I'll see if we can up our order here by two, but it may require some legwork there to help on shipping.
Just dunno.
If we can add, shall I do so?

CT

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:So you guys are at two cases it appears.
I'll see if we can up our order here by two, but it may require some legwork there to help on shipping.
Just dunno.

Thanks for the offer, I think Norcal crew has it worked out now.

random122

trifecta wrote:Thanks for the offer, I think Norcal crew has it worked out now.

I haven't paid yet, but would easily up my order too if we get it to five cases as well.

trifecta

Added this comment and edited out the previous ones for clarity.

Random122 - If it will save you money to call up Dan and up your order then let's do that. It would also give you a lower price to grab more if you wanted.

If its easier to not do that I can just make a separate order. We over 4 cases worth of demand on our end, so I could bridge the gap and order the full 5 cases.

trifecta

random122 wrote:I haven't paid yet, but would easily up my order too if we get it to five cases as well.

I'll let you place it then. We have enough to make 5 cases without you upping your order. If you want to add more though at the lower price you can.

Count on the rest of us for 52 bottles

trifecta - 18
ajrod27 - 12
ajalder - 12
bsevern - 6
CAgrl - 4

Let me know how you want to work out the cash end of it. Now we definitely need a party for distribution!

random122

trifecta wrote:I'll let you place it then. We have enough to make 5 cases without you upping your order. If you want to add more though at the lower price you can.

Count on the rest of us for 52 bottles

trifecta - 18
ajrod27 - 12
ajalder - 12
bsevern - 6
CAgrl - 4

Let me know how you want to work out the cash end of it

Sounds good. I'll shoot you an email to work out the details.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:trifecta - 18
ajrod27 - 12
ajalder - 12

And here I thought I was going crazy with 4 bottles
No more buying for me until July 4 weekend or the Tour if that happens.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

klezman wrote:And here I thought I was going crazy with 4 bottles

At $10/bottle these can be daily drinkers. No storage space needed. We're going to miss you guys again on your 4th tour unless you get in before the 2nd.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
klezman wrote:And here I thought I was going crazy with 4 bottles

You're not the only one who feels crazy. I don't have room for these at the moment, but I'll slowly make room for them one bottle at a time.

I think it's time to announce a SIWBMO. At least until my closet is empty of wine (or summer weather ends).

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
ajrod27 wrote:You're not the only one who feels crazy. I don't have room for these at the moment, but I'll slowly make room for them one bottle at a time.

I think it's time to announce a SIWBMO. At least until my closet is empty of wine (or summer weather ends).

I had one of those going......... Stupid stillman email list............. Grumble grumble......... But I got some better than ww pricing on a mixed 1/2 case. So cheers!!!!!!!!

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:So you guys are at two cases it appears.
Just dunno.

Ill take a case to. Ake it 5 for $10 per bottle if not too late

"The older I get the better I was"