kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Easy to check on-line, but could be easier; assuming the inventory is current.

You can't search and see where it is, you have to select each location and search individually.
Poor design, imo.
Nada down here.

Nuffin' here. Hate their website.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Easy to check on-line, but could be easier; assuming the inventory is current.

You can't search and see where it is, you have to select each location and search individually.
Poor design, imo.
Nada down here.

Website does not list it at all but there was an empty spot in the cab glass case withe name and the 40% sticker. The guy at east Pasadena checked and there was no more in his district but he didn't give any other info. I might check the Glendora store on my way home. The hunt is on. I feel like their website does not show closeout wines. I picked up a couple of closeout GSM's that I can't find on their website.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Underground Cellar has a nice looking Scott Harvey deal currently. If you want a referral, drop me a PM.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:08' corison napa cab. 40% off at bevmo. For $42

My local store was sold out but it might be worth checking yours.

Ugh...crappy website but nothing in LA area seems to have it. Oh well...like I need more wine. Although I do need more Corison at that price...

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

WTSO Magnum Marathon started half an hour ago. Moving pretty fast. Nothing tempted me so far - fairly random decent wines at good prices - but I'll probably end up with a couple bottles before the day is over.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

[quote posted="5761118" user="blakewoot"]WTSO Magnum Marathon started half an hour ago. Moving pretty fast. Nothing tempted me so far - fairly random decent wines at good prices - but I'll probably end up with a couple bottles before the day is over.[/quote]

So far some pretty interesting and tempting offers, but magnums always command a pretty steep tariff. Gotta be selective.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Ugh...crappy website but nothing in LA area seems to have it. Oh well...like I need more wine. Although I do need more Corison at that price...

Very crappy website. I went to a Bevmo and they had it in stock even though the website couldn't find any. So you never know.

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON

For those of you trying for the Century Wine Club, Last Bottle has a Quintado Vallado Reserva Field Blend 2010 from Douro that has a lot of obscure varietals in it.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
JOATMON wrote:For those of you trying for the Century Wine Club, Last Bottle has a Quintado Vallado Reserva Field Blend 2010 from Douro that has a lot of obscure varietals in it.

I saw that, but how do we know what's in it?

Don't need three. If you, or someone else, want to split, I'll help with one.

CT

rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:Very crappy website. I went to a Bevmo and they had it in stock even though the website couldn't find any. So you never know.

sounds like a phone bank is coming up

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:I saw that, but how do we know what's in it?

Don't need three. If you, or someone else, want to split, I'll help with one.

I went to the winery web site here:
http://www.quintadovallado.com/vinhos/show.aspx?idcont=77&title=&idioma=en

70% old vineyards (more than 20 grape varieties all mixed) with Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, Touriga Franca and others ; 27% from 15 years old vines of Touriga Nacional and 3% of Sousão.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Ian Cauble (MS from the movie Somm) just launched his first offer on SommSelect. PM me for a $10 invite credit.

2009 Jean Noel Gagnard - Chassagne Montrachet Rouge, Pinot Noir, L Estimee, Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, France

http://www.sommselect.com/

cortot20

CAGrl wrote:Very crappy website. I went to a Bevmo and they had it in stock even though the website couldn't find any. So you never know.

Not finding any in the couple of stores I have walked into. I might just call and see if my local store can dig any up. Their website does not list closeouts, which they have a lot of right now.

CT

coolac5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolac5
cortot20 wrote:Not finding any in the couple of stores I have walked into. I might just call and see if my local store can dig any up. Their website does not list closeouts, which they have a lot of right now.

I'm in the Bay Area, not far from BevMo's corporate home office in Concord. I have found BevMo to be less then helpful when it comes to customer service. Today for example, I went to two stores in my area and neither had the Corison. At the second store, I asked the guy if he could look it up in the computer to see if any of the area stores had it. He spends about five seconds "looking" at the computer before telling me "we don't carry it, it must be a small winery that does not distribute." I politely informed him that "they have it at some stores down south" at which point he actually decides to look it up in the computer and finds a store that is carrying it. This was 'service' from a "manager."

I called that store, and after explaining to the clerk that I wanted to put one on hold, he told me "just go online and buy it, we can then hold it for you here." I told this clerk that I attempted to do so, but because it is on closeout, it is not appearing online. Only after saying this did he allow me to put it on hold. Again, "customer service".

My local neighborhood association is fighting BevMo because BevMo wants to open a store, which some in the association say would cause local liquor shops to close. I don't mind shopping at BevMo, but I have never found the staff to be particularly helpful or even knowledgeable. My interaction today further convinces me that this is the case!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Underground Cellar has a nice looking Scott Harvey deal currently. If you want a referral, drop me a PM.

Thanks for telling me about UC and apologies that I signed up without going through you for a referral.

I have to admit to "caveat emptor" with my first experience buying Ty Caton wines from them. I did not do due diligence to ensure it was a good deal. Just like WineWoot, WTSO, LB, etc. not all the deals are going to be good. I have had a lot better luck on my subsequent purchases from UC.

It's a unique take on the flash sale of wines, introducing a "luck of the draw" element for those of us who like to gamble a little and they are procuring some pretty good juice.

cortot20

cortot20 wrote:Not finding any in the couple of stores I have walked into. I might just call and see if my local store can dig any up. Their website does not list closeouts, which they have a lot of right now.

Found some.
Just a matter of getting to them. ;)

CT

CAGrl

coolac5 wrote:I'm in the Bay Area, not far from BevMo's corporate home office in Concord. I have found BevMo to be less then helpful when it comes to customer service. Today for example, I went to two stores in my area and neither had the Corison. At the second store, I asked the guy if he could look it up in the computer to see if any of the area stores had it. He spends about five seconds "looking" at the computer before telling me "we don't carry it, it must be a small winery that does not distribute." I politely informed him that "they have it at some stores down south" at which point he actually decides to look it up in the computer and finds a store that is carrying it. This was 'service' from a "manager."

I called that store, and after explaining to the clerk that I wanted to put one on hold, he told me "just go online and buy it, we can then hold it for you here." I told this clerk that I attempted to do so, but because it is on closeout, it is not appearing online. Only after saying this did he allow me to put it on hold. Again, "customer service".

My local neighborhood association is fighting BevMo because BevMo wants to open a store, which some in the association say would cause local liquor shops to close. I don't mind shopping at BevMo, but I have never found the staff to be particularly helpful or even knowledgeable. My interaction today further convinces me that this is the case!

Which bay area store did you look? I went to the one on Camden and that's where I got my bottle.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:Found some.
Just a matter of getting to them. ;)

Brea?

"The older I get the better I was"

jmdavidson

TSO: 2006 Eagles Trace Latitude 38 magnum.

coolac5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolac5
CAGrl wrote:Which bay area store did you look? I went to the one on Camden and that's where I got my bottle.

Emeryville, Oakland (Jack London Square) and located a bottle in Orinda!

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:Brea?

Si señor, I have a buddy stopping by to clean them out but if you beat him there grab 1 for me. I'll do the same for if you are interested.

CT

CAGrl

coolac5 wrote:Emeryville, Oakland (Jack London Square) and located a bottle in Orinda!

Nice. I might be stopping by another bevmo near where I go grocery shopping tomorrow. Hopefully there is something there as well.

rjquillin

Score! Two bottles.

CT

klezman

If anybody can source up to 3 extra bottles please get for me? Nobody in West LA seems to have any unless they're really bad at checking both shelves and computers.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:If anybody can source up to 3 extra bottles please get for me? Nobody in West LA seems to have any unless they're really bad at checking both shelves and computers.

Always room for another 'right' bottle, or two, or three...

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:Si señor, I have a buddy stopping by to clean them out but if you beat him there grab 1 for me. I'll do the same for if you are interested.

You'll probably beat me wont get there until tomorrow. If you can spare one let me know. Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Always room for another 'right' bottle, or two, or three...

There's always room for Corison at $42, and Victory at < $40.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Last Bottle -- Ironman Marathon Madness Begins 9:00 am PST 4-24-14

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
bdlsmoran wrote:Last Bottle -- Ironman Marathon Madness Begins 9:00 am PST 4-24-14

Yeah that's going to hurt!!!

Nothing too enticing in the woot-off, although today is far better then yesterday!!!!

Speaking of the Last Bottle Marathon, the other night I pulled out a bottle I picked up from the last marathon. It was a bottle of 2005 Más Que Vinos La Mancha La Plazuela (Spain, Castilla-La Mancha, La Mancha), basically 90% Tempranillo and 10% Cab Sauv, it was a spectacular wine! Looked it up online and the only local place selling, Artisan Wines in Mt View had it for $57....very nice deal from LB for $22

coolchris160

quality posts: 50 Private Messages coolchris160

I still need to register with LastBottle. Anyone want to post or PM me a link so that you can receive the referral credit?

rjquillin

coolchris160 wrote:I still need to register with LastBottle. Anyone want to post or PM me a link so that you can receive the referral credit?

http://www.lastbottlewines.com/invite/b407e28fbdeb2c59e56e4b3cef18960083ee0c34.html

CT

johnbrienen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnbrienen
rjquillin wrote:http://www.lastbottlewines.com/invite/b407e28fbdeb2c59e56e4b3cef18960083ee0c34.html

In the past, I used I site i learned about here to monitor the lb marathons, but can't remember what it was.

Any reminders someone can share? It constantly refreshed and linked you to the order page when you saw something you liked.

coolchris160

quality posts: 50 Private Messages coolchris160
rjquillin wrote:http://www.lastbottlewines.com/invite/b407e28fbdeb2c59e56e4b3cef18960083ee0c34.html

Thank you :-)

If anyone else still hasn't signed up yet and wants a $5 credit for doing so (plus it gets me a referral credit) here's the link: http://www.lastbottlewines.com/invite/313268562819c81678eb.html Thanks in advance.

rjquillin

johnbrienen wrote:In the past, I used I site i learned about here to monitor the lb marathons, but can't remember what it was.

Any reminders someone can share? It constantly refreshed and linked you to the order page when you saw something you liked.

vinelog.com
?

CT

goinyard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goinyard
coolchris160 wrote:Thank you :-)

If anyone else still hasn't signed up yet and wants a $5 credit for doing so (plus it gets me a referral credit) here's the link: http://www.lastbottlewines.com/invite/313268562819c81678eb.html Thanks in advance.

Coolchris, I used your link. Thanks.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
losthighwayz wrote:Brea?

Not sure about Brea, but I scored one in Huntington Beach. I used a $25 gift card I got for Christmas, so net cost to me for a 2008 Corison: $20.33. That's for a wine that's $90 at the winery. Sweet!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

The closest BevMo to me is 1731.7 miles away in Tucson, AZ. Too bad Cathy doesn't give us deals on her Cabs anymore. The last time she graced us with an offer it was a Helios Syrah, IIRC. I passed.

Would have purchased more than 2 bottles on the RPM tour if I had known that she was done offering us the good stuff on WW.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
bdlsmoran wrote:Last Bottle -- Ironman Marathon Madness Begins 9:00 am PST 4-24-14

And so it begins....

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
merbill wrote:And so it begins....

Slow start but now it's moving

jmdavidson

johnbrienen wrote:In the past, I used I site i learned about here to monitor the lb marathons, but can't remember what it was.

http://vinelog.com/deals/