rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin

Now we can have those April showers.

Post Away!

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm

Like minds: I was just starting a new CyberPub: Cyber-Pub -- April 2017 -- What Fools These Mortals Be!

However, you hit the button first!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Now we can have those April showers.

Post Away!

Oh, and can we please have a stop to these damn showers? We've gotten a lot of rain lately and it doesn't look like it's going to stop in the near future!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

We had rain, sleet and snow over the past 12 hours or so. I felt like I needed a squeegee not a shovel. But it will melt quickly.

bahwm

Time to take a shower and start getting ready for the dinner-dance today from the dance club. Last week I decided to run out to the mall to see if I could find a new dress. Neither of the two stores that I went to had anything as nice as what I already have in my closet! People do get dressed up for these dances. And so, the search continues for something new for the June dance!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Oh, and can we please have a stop to these damn showers? We've gotten a lot of rain lately and it doesn't look like it's going to stop in the near future!

you can send some rain our way.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Time to take a shower and start getting ready for the dinner-dance today from the dance club. Last week I decided to run out to the mall to see if I could find a new dress. Neither of the two stores that I went to had anything as nice as what I already have in my closet! People do get dressed up for these dances. And so, the search continues for something new for the June dance!

It is so hard to find clothes that are not overpriced and made out of decent fabric. Shirts are a perfect example, most are made out of super thin fabric.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

Nice sunny day today. Reached the low 50's. Got out this morning for a bike ride. Plan is to get out again tomorrow. Getting a late start on the training for the MS rides.

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Nice sunny day today. Reached the low 50's. Got out this morning for a bike ride. Plan is to get out again tomorrow. Getting a late start on the training for the MS rides.

Low 50's?!!! That is winter
We have been in the upper 80's.

I was able to get all the dogs and cats bathed today. We had a light sprinkle this afternoon.

mommadeb1

Well, seeing how I killed the pub.. AGAIN... I will post more weather updates

Yesterday we had record highs.. it was 91 degrees
and Friday we will have highs of only 70! Crazy!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 31 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
mommadeb1 wrote:Well, seeing how I killed the pub.. AGAIN... I will post more weather updates

Yesterday we had record highs.. it was 91 degrees
and Friday we will have highs of only 70! Crazy!

ok, weather yada yada yada. Too lazy to cross post, but in the March thread you said you were looking at UF for your your son. If you come to Gainesville please let me know so we can meet and drink wine!

mommadeb1

pseudogourmet98 wrote:ok, weather yada yada yada. Too lazy to cross post, but in the March thread you said you were looking at UF for your your son. If you come to Gainesville please let me know so we can meet and drink wine!

I forgot you were up that way. I will definitely let you know if we come up to Gainssville

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
mommadeb1 wrote:I forgot you were up that way. I will definitely let you know if we come up to Gainssville

You all really ought to check out Cal Tech, Harvey Mudd and UC Irvine toward the end of April.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

mommadeb1

zTimothyBz wrote:You all really ought to check out Cal Tech, Harvey Mudd and UC Irvine toward the end of April.

I would love to... but son is not sure he wants to be that far away. Mr. Mommadeb is not a fan of CA and the cost of living

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:I would love to... but son is not sure he wants to be that far away. Mr. Mommadeb is not a fan of CA and the cost of living

No no...you're not getting it...you *really* should check out Harvey Mudd, Caltech, and especially UC Irvine the weekend of the 29th...

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman

Kiddo turns out to be a great traveller, at least this time. Nary a peep on either 5+ hour flight, adjusted relatively easily to the time zones, and still a happy camper.

Phew!

Only catch is he's waking up at nice reasonable times on EDT rather than PDT. I need more sleep.

rjquillin

quality posts: 287 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:No no...you're not getting it...you *really* should check out Harvey Mudd, Caltech, and especially UC Irvine the weekend of the 29th...

edited for mommadeb1 emphasis.

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:edited for mommadeb1 emphasis.

On the other hand, we are now IN for that weekend. 😄

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 233 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:On the other hand, we are now IN for that weekend. 😄

Yea!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:No no...you're not getting it...you *really* should check out Harvey Mudd, Caltech, and especially UC Irvine the weekend of the 29th...

Oh, I got it
I just can't convince them that we have to go then. for some strange reason, my son wants to make sure not to miss his AP exams
That and we have state mandated testing from now until almost the end of the school year, so the chances of me getting time off isn't that great

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Kiddo turns out to be a great traveller, at least this time. Nary a peep on either 5+ hour flight, adjusted relatively easily to the time zones, and still a happy camper.

Phew!

Only catch is he's waking up at nice reasonable times on EDT rather than PDT. I need more sleep.

Glad to hear he is a good traveler! Take him everywhere you can, it will help when he gets older. My kids went everywhere with us when they were younger, and would fall asleep just about anywhere we put them.

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:edited for mommadeb1 emphasis.

I really wish I could be there...

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:I really wish I could be there...

We got an awesome deal on SWA. We're flying out of Buffalo Fri afternoon around 6 PM, arriving in LAX at 10:30 PM and flying home early Sunday afternoon!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:We got an awesome deal on SWA. We're flying out of Buffalo Fri afternoon around 6 PM, arriving in LAX at 10:30 PM and flying home early Sunday afternoon!

wow..flying in for dinner?

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:wow..flying in for dinner?

The Corison tasting!

cortot20

quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
bahwm wrote:We got an awesome deal on SWA. We're flying out of Buffalo Fri afternoon around 6 PM, arriving in LAX at 10:30 PM and flying home early Sunday afternoon!

Hold on, Ive done south west coast to coast flight, please detail out all the stops in between!

CT

cortot20

mommadeb1 wrote:I would love to... but son is not sure he wants to be that far away. Mr. Mommadeb is not a fan of CA and the cost of living

I completely understand, I just got into escrow on a house I have no business buying and in my mid 20's would of never dreamed of.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 31 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
cortot20 wrote:I completely understand, I just got into escrow on a house I have no business buying and in my mid 20's would of never dreamed of.

Hopefully you'll still have room in your budget for wine.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:The Corison tasting!

I know... and if I didn't have so much going on, I would be doing the same thing! I really miss seeing everyone!

mommadeb1

cortot20 wrote:I completely understand, I just got into escrow on a house I have no business buying and in my mid 20's would of never dreamed of.

mommadeb1

Oh! Mr. Goodbar!!! total mom bragging moment

My son just took, and PASSED his expert certification in SolidWorks.

Less than 3,000 people in the world have passed this test!

I am so proud of him!!!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
mommadeb1 wrote:Oh! Mr. Goodbar!!! total mom bragging moment

I am so proud of him!!!!

Woohoo!!

cortot20

mommadeb1 wrote:Oh! Mr. Goodbar!!! total mom bragging moment

I am so proud of him!!!!

Very cool!

CT

cortot20

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Hopefully you'll still have room in your budget for wine.

Ha!, not a chance.

CT

klezman

Mazal tov?

klezman

Ugh...so I made the mistake of leaving Passover shopping until this morning. Local grocery store was chaotic of course.

Then I had scheduled some garden renewal. Then I found the insane number of bricks the previous owner had buried 6" under the top of the soil. Several hours later, about 500 lbs of bricks have been removed, some new soil added, and new plants planted. I'm sore!

Oh yeah...and made matza farfel, chicken soup, matza balls, and mocha nut squares for tomorrow's seder. 14 eggs down...another dozen will get used by this time tomorrow. There's a reason we also call it the festival of cholesterol.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the news for the week of April 9!

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

April
4/29: SoCal Special Event: 27-Year Corison Vertical Tasting

May
mid-May: NYC #22: Third Time is the Charm!

July 2018
Mid-July:2018 RPM Tour Planning

Pending
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Mystery Case Demystified
TBD: Atlanta #1: Looking for Wooters in the ATL!
TBD: Napa/Sonoma Weekend, Mourning the demise of DnD
TBD: NYC #21: Trying to kickstart the team Not to be confused with the NYC #21 below.
TBD: Seattle Area (Woodinville) Get Together
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

A blessed Passover to all that celebrate.

Chag kasher v'same'ach

x20             

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Some airlines are even more restrictive on bottle to throttle for their pilots.

Now if only we had the same policy on posting in the old Pub!

x20             

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:Ugh...so I made the mistake of leaving Passover shopping until this morning. Local grocery store was chaotic of course.

Then I had scheduled some garden renewal. Then I found the insane number of bricks the previous owner had buried 6" under the top of the soil. Several hours later, about 500 lbs of bricks have been removed, some new soil added, and new plants planted. I'm sore!

Oh yeah...and made matza farfel, chicken soup, matza balls, and mocha nut squares for tomorrow's seder. 14 eggs down...another dozen will get used by this time tomorrow. There's a reason we also call it the festival of cholesterol.

You could have just uncovered the bricks, hosed them off and told Molarchae that you built a patio.