InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

To paraphrase James Taylor.

Inspired by weather observations from last month's Pub, and the fact that we're having a thunderstorm right now.

On a related note -- no snow to be seen in the vicinity. When will I get to try out my new snowshoes???

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin

I thought that went April showers...

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
MarkDaSpark wrote:FYI, the Corison 27 year Vertical Cab tasting by zTimothyBz will be open after this weekend to non-wine.wooters.

Reminder, Cathy will be there!

So if you are interested, speak now in the thread!

Reminder in new Pub.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the news for the week of Feb 26!

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

March
3/11: SoCal #46: All Things Roessler
3/19: NoVA/DC #37: Green

April
4/29: SoCal Special Event: 27-Year Corison Vertical Tasting

July
Mid-July:2017 RPM Tour Planning

Pending
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Mystery Case Demystified
TBD: Atlanta #1: Looking for Wooters in the ATL!
TBD: Napa/Sonoma Weekend, Mourning the demise of DnD
TBD: NYC #21: Trying to kickstart the team Not to be confused with the NYC #21 below.
TBD: Seattle Area (Woodinville) Get Together
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Reminder in new Pub.

Oh nice, thinking about going down. Do you go to Universal Studios since if I go down I might check out the Harry Potter thing as well. Should I just get a pass since it's only $20 more than a normal ticket?

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Oh nice, thinking about going down. Do you go to Universal Studios since if I go down I might check out the Harry Potter thing as well. Should I just get a pass since it's only $20 more than a normal ticket?

I've been wanting to go.

Pass is good if you want to go back again.

x20             

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
tenuki wrote:Oh nice, thinking about going down. Do you go to Universal Studios since if I go down I might check out the Harry Potter thing as well. Should I just get a pass since it's only $20 more than a normal ticket?

It'd be great to see you and show you the new digs!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:If you don't know then we have no chance!

Ha Ha! Posting in the old Pub!

x20             

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
polarbear22 wrote:Wow!! Actually would be worth the trip. Have a great time.

Are you going to be joining us, then?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
zTimothyBz wrote:Are you going to be joining us, then?

I don't think I can pull it off. Thank you. It will be a great event. Hope it goes well.

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:I thought that went April showers...

I think you mean "In like a lion...."

mommadeb1

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mommadeb1

So happy, my daughter is home for her spring break. We went to see the circus tonight. It is a 1 ring circus with world famous acts, totally amazing. The Walendas preformed tonight, the tent is small enough that you can hear their conversation while on the high wire! Tomorrow we go to a book signing and movie premier, my cousin wrote the screenplay for the movie. So we get to meet the Author of the book the movie is based on.

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:So happy, my daughter is home for her spring break. We went to see the circus tonight. It is a 1 ring circus with world famous acts, totally amazing. The Walendas preformed tonight, the tent is small enough that you can hear their conversation while on the high wire! Tomorrow we go to a book signing and movie premier, my cousin wrote the screenplay for the movie. So we get to meet the Author of the book the movie is based on.

Hope you had fun! Did you get the VIP treatment?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:So happy, my daughter is home for her spring break. We went to see the circus tonight. It is a 1 ring circus with world famous acts, totally amazing. The Walendas preformed tonight, the tent is small enough that you can hear their conversation while on the high wire! Tomorrow we go to a book signing and movie premier, my cousin wrote the screenplay for the movie. So we get to meet the Author of the book the movie is based on.

Pub-killer!

x20             

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Oh! Mr. Goodbar!!

That's hilarious!
"It's like a toothbrush, for your butt!"

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all! Need your help. I'm busy watching a lot of woot-offs so might miss this.

We have a tiny bug that if a person is buying their first woot wine EVER, they may keep getting the message that they're not old enough even after they've entered their birthday.

All they need to do is refresh the page.

We'll get it fixed tomorrow after the woot-off. We don't want to rock the boat today.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all! Need your help. I'm busy watching a lot of woot-offs so might miss this.

We have a tiny bug that if a person is buying their first woot wine EVER, they may keep getting the message that they're not old enough even after they've entered their birthday.

All they need to do is refresh the page.

We'll get it fixed tomorrow after the woot-off. We don't want to rock the boat today.

Props for mentioning it. Also, nice to whomever figured that one out.

mommadeb1

chipgreen wrote:Hope you had fun! Did you get the VIP treatment?

I feel like we did. It was not as big as I thought, but we had a great time. The movie is So B it. Based on a young adult novel by Sarah Weeks. We got to meet Sarah, which was cool. She seems really nice. It was good to see my cousin as well. The movie should be released in October. Well, I think that is the plan for now. But it was a really good movie. Made me cry. Now I have to read the book

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Pub-killer!

shhhh... I was hoping nobody noticed

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:That's hilarious!
"It's like a toothbrush, for your butt!"

funny!

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:funny!

Gotta love the included "finger brush" accessory!

MarkDaSpark

2017 March Madness thread.

Emails sent out to last year's participants.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:shhhh... I was hoping nobody noticed

You did it again!

x20             

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:You did it again!

I know..... makes me wonder... are you guys trying to tell me something?
:think:
(I was trying to insert a thinking face here, but couldn't figure it out)

MarkDaSpark

FYI, no RPM Tour this year, but next year looks good.

So another reason to come out in April for the Corison tasting at Tim's.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I know..... makes me wonder... are you guys trying to tell me something?
:think:
(I was trying to insert a thinking face here, but couldn't figure it out)

Like this?

x20             

MarkDaSpark

Don't forget this Sunday to ...

x20             

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

Our house is in escrow and there will be a fumigation in the next few weeks. I'm planning on removing all the wine currently in shipping boxes due to the house possibly getting hot but leaving wines in the wine fridge.

Any thoughts on this or experience?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Our house is in escrow and there will be a fumigation in the next few weeks. I'm planning on removing all the wine currently in shipping boxes due to the house possibly getting hot but leaving wines in the wine fridge.

Any thoughts on this or experience?

As long as the cork stays wet, fumigation is fine, but they won't allow any upright bottles; so either horizontal or inverted.

CT

chipgreen

So, we had a little wind in the area the other day....

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:FYI, no RPM Tour this year, but next year looks good.

So another reason to come out in April for the Corison tasting at Tim's.

Sad.. but I'm being selfish... probably couldn't make it this year, have to do college tours with our son.

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:So, we had a little wind in the area the other day....

I saw that on the 11 o'clock news here the other day. Wild!

polarbear22

*** Charitable Donation Request ***

I am doing two different MS Bike Rides this year. My primary ride here in CT that I have done for 16 years now. I get great support from folks here on woot, mainly those that are active here in the Pub. I even have a few donations this year already.

2017 MS Bike Ride in CT

The second ride is back in Minnesota where I grew up. The ride goes within a block of the home I grew up in. Though the family recently sold the house, I will still take a short detour and check it out. So for family and friends with ties to MN, you have a new option.

2017 MS Twin Cities Bike Ride in MN

These links should also appear in my signature for the next several weeks.

Thanks for your consideration. And back to your regular Pub chatter.

polarbear22

That is a great video. The girl was not hurt and was laughing according to the stories I saw.

chipgreen

polarbear22 wrote:That is a great video. The girl was not hurt and was laughing according to the stories I saw.

Yes, and funny that the Mom set it to music on her FB page

bahwm

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bahwm
InFrom wrote:To paraphrase James Taylor.

Inspired by weather observations from last month's Pub, and the fact that we're having a thunderstorm right now.

On a related note -- no snow to be seen in the vicinity. When will I get to try out my new snowshoes???

Come on up to Buffalo--they're talking 7-14" of snow between Monday and Wednesday! Shoe be perfect for snowshoeing! Heck, we may even get a Snow Day out of it, if the timing is right!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

That made our news here also... It made me laugh.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Like this?

no... more like the "hmmmmm" face

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Come on up to Buffalo--they're talking 7-14" of snow between Monday and Wednesday! Shoe be perfect for snowshoeing! Heck, we may even get a Snow Day out of it, if the timing is right!

That is Crazy!! We were in the upper 80's today and by Wednesday we might drop to the upper 30's! and highs of only 60!!