MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away, folks!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

karenhynes wrote:Who stole the December Pub?
Sparky?

Unlike someone previously, I don't insist on starting the new Pub.

Besides, December came so fast!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the news for the week of Dec 4.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

January
1/14 or 1/21: Buffalo/WNY #14: IceWine Festival Weekend

July 2017!
Mid-July:2017 RPM Tour Planning

Pending
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Mystery Case Demystified
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Halloween
TBD: Atlanta #1: Looking for Wooters in the ATL!
TBD: Napa/Sonoma Weekend, Mourning the demise of DnD
TBD: NYC #21: Trying to kickstart the team Not to be confused with the NYC #21 below.
TBD: Seattle Area (Woodinville) Get Together
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

x20             

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

I *truly* miss the 7 days of Wootmas!

cjsiege

Has anyone else done the Woot Flash Deals thing? I did last week, and I am probably not going to do so again. Rotten experience!

Ordered 2 fleece pullovers. Pkg arrived with only 1 pullover and an insipid note from the vendor saying...

"We regret to inform you that one or more of the items you ordered are on backorder. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and would like to extend the opportunity to receive and alternate item or a store credit for our flagship website..."

Yeah. I don't think so. If you've lied to me once, I'm not going to give you a chance to do it again!!!

Fortunately, the Service guys at Woot have made it right. Credited my account within 90 minutes of me filing with them.

Mostly, I'm seriously disappointed that the situation would happen in the first place. Based on the fact the Flash Deals area looks more like Mothership than Woot, I should have known better.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Has anyone else done the Woot Flash Deals thing? I did last week, and I am probably not going to do so again. Rotten experience!

Ordered 2 fleece pullovers. Pkg arrived with only 1 pullover and an insipid note from the vendor saying...

"We regret to inform you that one or more of the items you ordered are on backorder. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and would like to extend the opportunity to receive and alternate item or a store credit for our flagship website..."

Yeah. I don't think so. If you've lied to me once, I'm not going to give you a chance to do it again!!!

Fortunately, the Service guys at Woot have made it right. Credited my account within 90 minutes of me filing with them.

Mostly, I'm seriously disappointed that the situation would happen in the first place. Based on the fact the Flash Deals area looks more like Mothership than Woot, I should have known better.

No, but I suspect it has more to do with some clothing manufacturers than anything else. Their inventory and production systens leave a lot to be desired.

I'm still waiting on a tuxedo vest!

Plus, things are harder to get this time of year. The final Hallmark train piece (Pluto) was supposed to be in stores November 24th (really, on Thanksgiving when their stores are closed?). It's still only in a few stores, most of them don't have it yet!

x20             

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Besides, December came so fast!

I know! I actually had to double-check that it was really December. I would have started the Pub but I was tired and couldn't think of a witty title.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

MarkDaSpark

karenhynes wrote:I know! I actually had to double-check that it was really December. I would have started the Pub but I was tired and couldn't think of a witty title.

Hasn't stopped otolith!

x20             

bahwm

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bahwm

I claim brain dead for not starting the Pub. Waaaay too many things going on this week! 🙄

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
cjsiege wrote:Has anyone else done the Woot Flash Deals thing? I did last week, and I am probably not going to do so again. Rotten experience!

I sometimes order things for a support staff person in my office who doesn't have a credit card. Sweats, tees, shorts, that sort of thing. I can't tell you how many times we got the wrong size, or the size was marked right in both items, but the item in one color was much smaller than its counterpart in the other color. Sometimes they just credited us, sometimes they had me send it back as well. This was a few months ago, well before they started the Flash Deals.

Funny because right now I'm seeing in that Woot tweets sidebar something from a guy who had a similar experience, but is very happy with Woot CS for making it right. The email he posted is pretty much verbatim what I got. At a certain point it gets old.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I'm very sorry CJ. Please contact our customer service.

I'm not sure how that happened and will send it on to the Flash Deals team to research.

Here's an explanation of them

We're literally flipping some Amazon Overstock inventory with few left to sell and running them here at a deep discount.

I'm wondering if that order went to a 3rd party vendor some how.

PS: Can you private message me the order number, pls? I'm not finding a Flash Deals order on your account. I'm seeing two from the Sports event. The vendor should never have sent a note in that case either.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mommadeb1

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mommadeb1

I didn't start the pub cause I don't know how

Yesterday we had 3 teachers and 1 aide out and of course, no subs showed. I went into Pre-k for the day and one of the other aides covered my classes. Was starting to feel like crap by the time I got home. Think I'm trying to get a sinus infection. Lots of nose flushing, vitamin C and I slept most of today. Starting to feel a bit better. But it really sucks, we had our community Christmas Parade today and I missed it.

on a totally different thought... cinnamon whiskeys- anyone have a favorite? I like Jack Daniels, do not like FireBall. (don't criticize me for liking this stuff

cjsiege

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm very sorry CJ. Please contact our customer service.

I'm not sure how that happened and will send it on to the Flash Deals team to research.

Here's an explanation of them

We're literally flipping some Amazon Overstock inventory with few left to sell and running them here at a deep discount.

I'm wondering if that order went to a 3rd party vendor some how.

PS: Can you private message me the order number, pls? I'm not finding a Flash Deals order on your account. I'm seeing two from the Sports event. The vendor should never have sent a note in that case either.

Thank you, TT! PM sent, along with a picture of the note.

I may have misstated that it was on Flash Deals. When I'm working from the app, it's easy to get lost.

To emphasize, and for the record, Woot Support was AWESOME! They refunded me for the missing pullover in less than 90 minutes.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cjsiege wrote:Thank you, TT! PM sent, along with a picture of the note.

I may have misstated that it was on Flash Deals. When I'm working from the app, it's easy to get lost.

To emphasize, and for the record, Woot Support was AWESOME! They refunded me for the missing pullover in less than 90 minutes.

Yeah, that wasn't flash deals so we're good there.

HOWEVER, a vendor should never not deliver a product without telling us. I've passed this on to the buying team.

Thank you for letting us know!

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hasn't stopped otolith!

Jerk! haha

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Do I miss the gift week deals? Not really. I never bought anything (except balsamic and truffle butter when they appeared during gift week). But since I'm trying not to buy, bring it on!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin

Speaking of flash deals, CAH for terrible people only $15, near the top of the list.

CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I didn't start the pub cause I don't know how

Yesterday we had 3 teachers and 1 aide out and of course, no subs showed. I went into Pre-k for the day and one of the other aides covered my classes. Was starting to feel like crap by the time I got home. Think I'm trying to get a sinus infection. Lots of nose flushing, vitamin C and I slept most of today. Starting to feel a bit better. But it really sucks, we had our community Christmas Parade today and I missed it.

on a totally different thought... cinnamon whiskeys- anyone have a favorite? I like Jack Daniels, do not like FireBall. (don't criticize me for liking this stuff

There's a good reason to not like Fireball!

x20             

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:There's a good reason to not like Fireball!

I believe it

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:There's a good reason to not like Fireball!

I hate the elf more than the elf piss!
I may ban this elf on the shelf nonsense from the Totten household.

On a positive note I had the pleasure of attending my dads retirement party last night. It was very fun to see all the people he had worked with over 40 years and hear stories and a good amount of laughs. I can only hope for 5% of the goodwill in the room that he received when I retire in a 1000 years.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I hate the elf more than the elf piss!
I may ban this elf on the shelf nonsense from the Totten household.

On a positive note I had the pleasure of attending my dads retirement party last night. It was very fun to see all the people he had worked with over 40 years and hear stories and a good amount of laughs. I can only hope for 5% of the goodwill in the room that he received when I retire in a 1000 years.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

Really? No discussion here about the MEH wine?

No Elf in Shelf horror stories?

No exhausting tales of cooking while bicycling from bahwm or ddeuddeg?

What is happening!

x20             

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? No discussion here about the MEH wine?

I checked it out, it will be interesting if more WD sourced wine shows up there. I don't typically check the site but I may have to start checking it if he starts putting some tasty stuff up. In regards to the Meh zin... Meh!

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

What is happening!

I had never even heard of Meh before this?? But after a quick visit I think i'm moving over there, in the forums you can tell people to f-off and call them bastards and mods don't delete your posts!?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Cesare

quality posts: 2354 Private Messages Cesare

There's a whole separate thread for it. Also some discussion in the deals thread.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mommadeb1

Seems like the crud is going around school. I wasn't sure if I would make it in today.. I did (I don't have a fever) and a bunch of people had the same thing. Yippie. I do feel 100% better than I did on Sat.

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:I checked it out, it will be interesting if more WD sourced wine shows up there. I don't typically check the site but I may have to start checking it if he starts putting some tasty stuff up. In regards to the Meh zin... Meh!

Doesn't ship to OH, so... Meh! indeed

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith
chipgreen wrote:Doesn't ship to OH, so... Meh! indeed

I thought MN was the only state with archaic etoh laws. No sales on Sundays. 3.2 beer.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

I just realized that I will be leaving for break on December 18th, What are the odds that Wellington will arrive to the east coast before then? If it doesnt any ideas? I'm not convinced that FEDEX will hold it until beginning of Jan, but that might be my only option

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen
tiger7610 wrote:I just realized that I will be leaving for break on December 18th, What are the odds that Wellington will arrive to the east coast before then? If it doesnt any ideas? I'm not convinced that FEDEX will hold it until beginning of Jan, but that might be my only option

FedEx will only hold for 5 business days. Although a well placed $20 bill could possibly buy you some extra time.

mommadeb1

Mr. Mommadeb bought me a new kitchen appliance. We now have a hot air fryer. I have been wanting one and he found one at the HSN outlet store. It's purple!!!!

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
mommadeb1 wrote:Mr. Mommadeb bought me a new kitchen appliance. We now have a hot air fryer. I have been wanting one and he found one at the HSN outlet store. It's purple!!!!

NICE! Let us know how you like it. I love purple!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
karenhynes wrote:... I love purple!

Do you by any chance have an account on Meh under a different monicker?
Edit: Link to in-joke reference.

mommadeb1

Everyone who will have to deal with the nasty winter storms..... Please be safe and stay warm!

mommadeb1

karenhynes wrote:NICE! Let us know how you like it. I love purple!

The first things we cooked worked great! Will keep you posted

hscottk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hscottk
tiger7610 wrote:I just realized that I will be leaving for break on December 18th, What are the odds that Wellington will arrive to the east coast before then? If it doesnt any ideas? I'm not convinced that FEDEX will hold it until beginning of Jan, but that might be my only option

You can do a vacation hold with FedEx for up to 14 days. Am going through this now with my ny wootlegger. I'll post how it all turns out. I'm skeptical but hoping for the best. I'd really like to try some of the Roessler pinots!

rjquillin

hscottk wrote:I'd really like to try some of the Roessler pinots!

As well you should.
Let us know how the hold works out.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tiger7610

Oh how do I do that? I'm still hoping that the wines will ship and I can just get them before I head out, but no movement and with all the storms its not looking good

hscottk wrote:You can do a vacation hold with FedEx for up to 14 days. Am going through this now with my ny wootlegger. I'll post how it all turns out. I'm skeptical but hoping for the best. I'd really like to try some of the Roessler pinots!

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70
chipgreen wrote:FedEx will only hold for 5 business days. Although a well placed $20 bill could possibly buy you some extra time.

I live in Utah so no wine can be shipped to me however I have a small vacation home across the border in Idaho that I wootleg to regularly. As I am only there every 2 weeks I signed a form at the local fedex office giving them authorization to sign for my packages. When I run up to my getaway place I swing by fedex and pick up - sometime 1 - 2 boxes, sometimes might be quite a few. The issue they had about only holding for 5 days was because they lost payment for delivery if it was not completed in that time frame, by allowing them to sign for my shipment they no longer care when I pick up, I just give them a call when headed that way and swing by and grab my boxes. This has worked extremely well for me for the last few years, you may want to talk to your local office, I do have to go pick up my boxes but the plus side is they don't sit around in hot or freezing trucks all day.

rjquillin

SoCal'ers;
Did I do a Pouracle split with any of you?
Merbill?

CT