2009 Zinfandel, Meek's Hilltop Ranch, Sonoma
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/31/14

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione

Argghh! Why do you do this to me, Woot? Nothing for months, then yesterday's offer which seemed good so I jumped on it. Then today's offer combine many excellent Wellington wines at a very reasonable price, yet I'm out of money and space. What's next? Some Nocento, perhaps? A little Scott Harvey? Perhaps a cabernet from 1979 for a ridiculously low price?

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

Get the Wellington while you still can... I'm well stocked, too bad I can't buy this and have it sent to my Dad in Minnesota.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Goodevening / good morning woot nation, I'll be around for a few more minutes tonight, but I'll check in regularly tomorrow to answer any questions.
I'll answer one of the FAQs now. If you are unfortunate enough to live in a state to which wine.woot no longer ships, we may be able to help you out. We don't have licenses for all states, but if we have a license for yours, you might be in luck. You can e-mail toby@wellingtonvineyards.com. Don't expect a response before Monday.

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5

Tried the 2009 Syrah in May while watching Cloud Atlas (good movie btw)... Notes:

Color: Deep-Dark purplish with a slight haze
Aroma: Fairly aromatic Blackberry, light blueberry, with some pepper.
Flavor: Blackberry and plum/spice.
Medium body, tarter acidity, medium tannin and a long finish. It's noted that the balance is good with the alcohol-acid-tannin-sugar, but you can feel a little heat on the finish.

Overall pleasant Syrah.
Maybe I'll try the cab tomorrow!

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
SonomaBouliste wrote:Goodevening / good morning woot nation, I'll be around for a few more minutes tonight, but I'll check in regularly tomorrow to answer any questions.
I'll answer one of the FAQs now. If you are unfortunate enough to live in a state to which wine.woot no longer ships, we may be able to help you out. We don't have licenses for all states, but if we have a license for yours, you might be in luck. You can e-mail toby@wellingtonvineyards.com. Don't expect a response before Monday.

Hey Peter, I know 10' was a difficult year for vineyard owners. How is the Sonoma cab shaping up?

CT

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5

What would you say is the Drinking window on that Cab?

SonomaBouliste wrote:Goodevening / good morning woot nation, I'll be around for a few more minutes tonight, but I'll check in regularly tomorrow to answer any questions.

SonomaBouliste

cortot20 wrote:Hey Peter, I know 10' was a difficult year for vineyard owners. How is the Sonoma cab shaping up?

I'm quite pleased with our 2010 Cab. I think we made the right decision to make no Victory, less Vineyard designated Cab and a smaller quantity of this Sonoma County blend. By being brutal with selection, we were able to keep the quality similar to the exceptional 2009 vintage.

SonomaBouliste

jcassens5 wrote:What would you say is the Drinking window on that Cab?

It is drinking very nicely now - perhaps a bit more precocious than the 2009, and probably at its best over the next two to five years.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
SonomaBouliste wrote:I'm quite pleased with our 2010 Cab. I think we made the right decision to make no Victory, less Vineyard designated Cab and a smaller quantity of this Sonoma County blend. By being brutal with selection, we were able to keep the quality similar to the exceptional 2009 vintage.

Hi Peter. In the write-up it also mentioned that declassifying the 2010 cabs ended up with more of The Duke. Was hoping to see some in this grab bag. Will you be of offering any more Duke on Woot?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Peter,
Is this your initial, or close to it, release for the '10 Cab? I don't see it yet on your site.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Peter,
Is this your initial, or close to it, for the '10 Cab? I don't see it yet on your site.

It might be his last as well

"The older I get the better I was"

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Free the Grapes lists MN as a state that allows D2C shipments, but has been missing from WW for a while now... And with Wellington on, and down to my last bottle or so, I am wondering why we can't get wine. I've been remiss in checking to see why, since I was out of buying commission for a while, but if anyone has a short answer, I'd love to hear it.

This would have been close to an autobuy for me, Peter's wines are great. I love his Syrahs.

cortot20

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Hi Peter. In the write-up it also mentioned that declassifying the 2010 cabs ended up with more of The Duke. Was hoping to see some in this grab bag. Will you be of offering any more Duke on Woot?

While i second this I have a feeling it would be a difficult offer to put together from a QPR standpoint where both parties are making any money and the consumer is getting a "deal". Plus I think the 2010 Sonoma cab made it into a duke release from a year or two ago. The current duke release is more likely 11'-12' juice.

CT

davenippon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davenippon

woot woot! I love me some Wellington! In for 2.

losthighwayz

cortot20 wrote:While i second this I have a feeling it would be a difficult offer to put together from a QPR standpoint where both parties are making any money and the consumer is getting a "deal". Plus I think the 2010 Sonoma cab made it into a duke release from a year or two ago. The current duke release is more likely 11'-12' juice.

The duke and dutchess are great qpr at winery pricing. Id be willing to pay srp on a mixed case of these if WW could subsidize the shipping. Ordering from Wellington kills the qpr because of the ridiculous shipping cost.

losthighwayz

Want to order two but not interested in the cabs. Anyone is SoCal (Fred?) want the four cabs?

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:Want to order two but not interested in the cabs. Anyone is SoCal (Fred?) want the four cabs?

Your breaking peters heart after he just got done telling how hard he worked to get the cab on the level.

CT

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Want to order two but not interested in the cabs. Anyone is SoCal (Fred?) want the four cabs?

Yes!
I've got the Syrah and Zin.
You want to do a double order?
If a double, I'd help out by taking some of the others as well, if need be.

CT

SonomaBouliste

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Hi Peter. In the write-up it also mentioned that declassifying the 2010 cabs ended up with more of The Duke. Was hoping to see some in this grab bag. Will you be of offering any more Duke on Woot?

Possibly. The 2010 and 2011 vintages resulted in larger bottlings of The Duke in 2011 through 2013. That's why we've had some Duke available for w00t. Many years it sells out in less than three months.

SonomaBouliste

rjquillin wrote:Peter,
Is this your initial, or close to it, release for the '10 Cab? I don't see it yet on your site.

Yes, a new release

rjquillin

Speaking of Duke, I've been meaning to call and ask about capsule colors; black and gold.
Since the Duke isn't labeled as to which it is, can on tell by the capsule color?

Thanks Peter.

CT

SonomaBouliste

losthighwayz wrote:It might be his last as well

No, we've got 2011 and 2012 in bottle and 2013 still in barrel.

rjquillin

SonomaBouliste wrote:Yes, a new release

w00t needs to continue the pope hat/rocket for launch so we know...
jus'sayin'

CT

SonomaBouliste

auggie24 wrote:Free the Grapes lists MN as a state that allows D2C shipments, but has been missing from WW for a while now... And with Wellington on, and down to my last bottle or so, I am wondering why we can't get wine. I've been remiss in checking to see why, since I was out of buying commission for a while, but if anyone has a short answer, I'd love to hear it.

This would have been close to an autobuy for me, Peter's wines are great. I love his Syrahs.

See my post above from last night.

rjquillin

Lost ~ PM

CT

SonomaBouliste

rjquillin wrote:Speaking of Duke, I've been meaning to call and ask about capsule colors; black and gold.
Since the Duke isn't labeled as to which it is, can on tell by the capsule color?

Thanks Peter.

The capsule color is of no significance other than what was available (or not) from the supplier.

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:Yes!
I've got the Syrah and Zin.
You want to do a double order?
If a double, I'd help out by taking some of the others as well, if need be.

I can order 2 sets and you take 3 cabs and 1 Syrah?

SonomaBouliste

cortot20 wrote:Your breaking peters heart after he just got done telling how hard he worked to get the cab on the level.

Chacun a son gout

svwindom

quality posts: 10 Private Messages svwindom
Bione wrote:Argghh! Why do you do this to me, Woot? Nothing for months, then yesterday's offer which seemed good so I jumped on it. Then today's offer combine many excellent Wellington wines at a very reasonable price, yet I'm out of money and space. What's next? Some Nocento, perhaps? A little Scott Harvey? Perhaps a cabernet from 1979 for a ridiculously low price?

This is EXACTLY what went through my mind. EXACTLY.

In for two of yesterday's, in for three of today's. Someone hide my credit card.

cortot20

SonomaBouliste wrote:Chacun a son gout

Lol, fine I'll leave him alone.
If anyone wants to hang out with lost, myself and tytiger and our +1's tonight at the California philharmonic concert on the green in Arcadia, CA this is last call. Head over to the gatherings tab for more info.

CT

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:I can order 2 sets and you take 3 cabs and 1 Syrah?

from each set, yes.

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
losthighwayz wrote:The duke and dutchess are great qpr at winery pricing. Id be willing to pay srp on a mixed case of these if WW could subsidize the shipping. Ordering from Wellington kills the qpr because of the ridiculous shipping cost.

+1
Shipping to FL is the deal breaker for me. Bring the Duke to Woot for SRP and I would buy it.
Shipping is the deal for me.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:from each set, yes.

How do you get 3 Cabs from each set of 2?

SonomaBouliste

chipgreen wrote:How do you get 3 Cabs from each set of 2?

Long division?

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Please do a Cab only version, not a big Zin fan but will buy all the Cabs you have to the limit

cortot20

lm pretty sure this was one Jesus's miracles.

CT

rjquillin

Brain fart. I was thinking a full case (4-each) offer, well, not thinking actually.
Too bad we can't divide by zero.

CT

SonomaBouliste

fogtower wrote:Please do a Cab only version, not a big Zin fan but will buy all the Cabs you have to the limit

Stay tuned to this station. Not imminent, but will happen.