2 2006 Early Burgundy, Napa Valley
2 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Hills, Lake County
1 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Interesting ... Scott, what are the varietals in the Early Burgundy?

And of course, how long can each cellar for?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive

Oh these look good! What's the drinking window on these? Is that Early Burgandy going to hold? 3.7 pH seems on the higher side for a longer lived wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

There are offers, and there are offers!
This one begged for the big yellow button.
Never seen an "Early Burgundy" from Scott. And a 2007 Cab with the sleeper 2006 vintage.

I can't imagine we won't be getting TN's and chatter on this one.
Lake Co. fruit; tell us more.

Sell out prediction time?

Yup.
Cost me.

CT

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer

OK, now that I've bought these...

What on Earth are they? These are Scott Harvey wines I have never seen before. They do not exist on his website, and are wines I have never seen in some four years of membership in the wine club. Is this a Woot Launch? What is going on?

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

Looking pretty good! Scott, tell me that person to get a hold of who can make the magic happen when Amazon won't.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Ohhh....would've been killer to have two bottles of the 2007 Napa cap for a great six pack, but this is looking like a very good five pack!

Scott how's the 2007 cab drinking now?
How long can these all be cellared?
I've had some great Red Hills Wines, what style is this and how's it drinking?

cpd343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpd343

hot damn! was patient enough to wait for something to get along with the hughes syrah

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

+1. Still love SH wines - still live in MN...

eluofthenine wrote:Looking pretty good! Scott, tell me that person to get a hold of who can make the magic happen when Amazon won't.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

Cesare

quality posts: 1674 Private Messages Cesare
MarkDaSpark wrote:Interesting ... Scott, what are the varietals in the Early Burgundy?

The varietal in Early Burgundy is... Early Burgundy!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Cesare wrote:The varietal in Early Burgundy is... Early Burgundy!

It's embarrassing how extremely helpful that is.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Interesting ... Scott, what are the varietals in the Early Burgundy?

sdfreedive is first to ask, "What's the drinking window on these?"

Really? The "first"?

TT, I call shenanigans!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:The varietal in Early Burgundy is... Early Burgundy!

Thanks! Hadn't heard of it!

Anyone want to spare a bottle of it from their order?

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

My first reaction on seeing only the picture: great! More white label Zin, Syrah, and Barbera! Then I saw the varietals and went Why The Frown?.

Scott, help us out here! Did you make these yourself? Where'd you source the grapes?

Just drank a 2008 white label Barbera tonight. Awesome stuff.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

Hmmm. Just ordered two (blindly at this hour as we haven't heard TNs or from Scott), but realized we must have slipped into an $8 summer shipping mode since my order last Sunday. Yikes. That and taxes are taking quite a bite out of my wine buying, but I'm sure, if it's SH, it will be worth it. Somebody tell me I'm right!

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
PhilSandifer wrote:OK, now that I've bought these...

What on Earth are they? These are Scott Harvey wines I have never seen before. They do not exist on his website, and are wines I have never seen in some four years of membership in the wine club. Is this a Woot Launch? What is going on?

I had an almost identical reaction, can't wait to hear more about these wines...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:sdfreedive is first to ask, "What's the drinking window on these?"

Really? The "first"?

TT, I call shenanigans!!!

Dude, I was snoring away at that time. Don't blame me for everything. And he was the first in this thread. The quality post was for this thread. Therefore, it is technically correct.

PS: I hate the word shenanigans.
PPS: Is double spacing better or worse than ALL CAPS?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rpm

quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm

This is an auto-buy! Early Burgundy is something of a rarity, and worth trying for that reason alone, without even getting into Scott's wonderful winemaking.

Scott's Cabs are always excellent and worth seeking out.

The 2006 is a super limited production and should be fun. 2006 gets less praise as it was sandwiched between two really good years in 2005 and 2007, but some of the 2006s are lovely.

The 2007 - only complaint is there is only one bottle in the order.....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

I believe Klez had mentioned a difference between the red and white labels.

Red=New World style
White=Old World

Is this correct? Not that I can order from here anyway...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Hi Mark,
Early Burgundy is also known by its French name Abouriou. This comes from a 90 year old vineyard on the edge of Calistoga. It was planted in the old days for color and tannin. Although this wine does not exhibit much tannin. Has decent color. It is more Pinot like in structure.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

I'm in...Happy Friday!!!

Last Wooter to Woot:karenhynes
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

ScottHarveyWines

sdfreedive wrote:Oh these look good! What's the drinking window on these? Is that Early Burgandy going to hold? 3.7 pH seems on the higher side for a longer lived wine.

I would drink the Early Burgundy now. Jana and I have been enjoying it like you would a Pinot. Next comes the Napa CS. It is drinking well now with about three more years to its peak. The Lake County wine is well structured with high elevation tannins that will hold it for another ten years.

ScottHarveyWines

PhilSandifer wrote:OK, now that I've bought these...

I made these wines for a custom crush client. They were bottled back in 2010 and have been sitting in my warehouse as shiners. The client sold his company and decided not to go forward with the project. Because of that you are being offered some unique and fun wines. WineDrew talked me into putting the Scott Harvey label on them and offering them up to woot. He and I have been enjoying them for some time now.

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank
rpm wrote:This is an auto-buy! Early Burgundy is something of a rarity, and worth trying for that reason alone, without even getting into Scott's wonderful winemaking.

Scott's Cabs are always excellent and worth seeking out.

The 2006 is a super limited production and should be fun. 2006 gets less praise as it was sandwiched between two really good years in 2005 and 2007, but some of the 2006s are lovely.

The 2007 - only complaint is there is only one bottle in the order.....

Not if you order 3 !

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

It always amazes me that even when I'm not planning on buying the comments and the winemakers explanations can nudge me. In for one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mstern20878 wrote:It always amazes me that even when I'm not planning on buying the comments and the winemakers explanations can nudge me. In for one.

It's all a part of our ̶e̶v̶i̶l̶ ingenious plan.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ScottHarveyWines

rjquillin wrote:There are offers, and there are offers!
This one begged for the big yellow button.
Never seen an "Early Burgundy" from Scott. And a 2007 Cab with the sleeper 2006 vintage.

I can't imagine we won't be getting TN's and chatter on this one.
Lake Co. fruit; tell us more.

Sell out prediction time?

Yup.
Cost me.

I like the Lake County Cab the best of all three. It is from the Red Hills sub appellation. I have been making wine from the vineyard now for almost ten years. It is the Hawk and Horse Vineyard. Go to their website and take a look. The wines from this vineyard show great complexity and structure and have won many awards.
The offer should sell out fast, because there is only 30 cases of the Napa Cab. Although I would not mind if I got three bottles of the Red Hills cab instead.

ScottHarveyWines

eluofthenine wrote:Looking pretty good! Scott, tell me that person to get a hold of who can make the magic happen when Amazon won't.

That person would Jana or Carla. Call us at 707 968-9575 and one of them can take care of you.

ScottHarveyWines

otolith wrote:I believe Klez had mentioned a difference between the red and white labels.

Red=New World style
White=Old World

Is this correct? Not that I can order from here anyway...

White labels are our reserve line. The wines are more elegant and layered.
Red Label wines are not new world style but a little more in that direction from the white labels.

ThunderThighs

Staff

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, y'all like this one. I wouldn't delay that decision if I were you.

FORUM MODERATOR

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman

Scott Harvey wine, some new varietals, in for 2. No further queations!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Dude, I was snoring away at that time. Don't blame me for everything. And he was the first in this thread. The quality post was for this thread. Therefore, it is technically correct.

PS: I hate the word shenanigans.
PPS: Is double spacing better or worse than ALL CAPS?

???

I know you were asleep. But et tu?

My post asking about cellaring (which is the same as "drinking window") was before his post. So how was his technically first?????

Plus, I asked about Early Burgundy, which Cesare got a (You get a gold star.) for answering!!

No one wants to share? I'm trying to make room for the RPM Tour purchases, not need another locker!

I supposed I may have to go in on this ... since A) it's Scott and B) it's Scott. And C) I have no wine in the queue!

Edit: ALL CAPS IS MORE ANNOYING.

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

Argh ... I so want to pull the trigger on this but man oh man ... it is Texas hot here in Houston and I cringe at shipping this time of year ... even with the summer rates.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
ScottHarveyWines wrote:White labels are our reserve line. The wines are more elegant and layered.
Red Label wines are not new world style but a little more in that direction from the white labels.

Ahhh, must be why I like the white labels better.
Heck, I like all of your wines, for that matter.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

onebassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onebassplayer

Way overstocked right now, but in for 1!

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Two things I don't like about Wine Woot:

1. When I have NO plans to buy any additional wine, an offer that is very tempting shows up.

2. With the community forum, it is difficult to pass on 1. above when the favorable comments are overwhelming.

Other than that....I love Woot!

In for 1!

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I made these wines for a custom crush client. They were bottled back in 2010 and have been sitting in my warehouse as shiners. The client sold his company and decided not to go forward with the project. Because of that you are being offered some unique and fun wines. WineDrew talked me into putting the Scott Harvey label on them and offering them up to woot. He and I have been enjoying them for some time now.

I think this answers my question, but I will ask specifically: Is it true that all three of these wines were bottled on 9/8/10 as it says in the specs? If so, was this done due to winemaking druthers or more for a commercial reason (the client deciding not to go forward with his project)?

These look like a really nice opportunity to enjoy a rare varietal and also some very nice cab. Thank you, as always, for your offerings and participation.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
mrn1 wrote:Two things I don't like about Wine Woot:

1. When I have NO plans to buy any additional wine, an offer that is very tempting shows up.

2. With the community forum, it is difficult to pass on 1. above when the favorable comments are overwhelming.

Other than that....I love Woot!

In for 1!

I hear ya!

Tough offer to share, especially when that Early Burgundy sounds like something we would enjoy at home. I convinced myself that we need all 5. So, in for one, plus another for my wine-loving work buddies to divvy up.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

Seems like an interesting offer but due to these wines being crafted for a different winery originally that may have have been a little different stylistically. Maybe some community tasting notes would have been a great idea. Since these use the white label I assume they should be comparable to Scott's winery white label wines in style. Kudos to WD for the arm wringing.

CT