And the cotton is high

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of June 1.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: SoCal #35: San Diego/Lakeside

July
7/5: Denver #?: VIP Visitors

Summer
est. August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Nice end to a nice conference final! I didn't really care which team won, so just got to enjoy the game. Missed the quake being out in SD today, but nothing is out of place here.

When is this Scott Harvey party? July 4th weekend? Please?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Oh, Gawd. Yet another Woot category.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

TT, you back yet?

(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:TT, you back yet?

You rang?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Nice end to a nice conference final! I didn't really care which team won, so just got to enjoy the game. Missed the quake being out in SD today, but nothing is out of place here.

When is this Scott Harvey party? July 4th weekend? Please?

Nope, the next weekend on the 12th.

$100 for couples plus a signed magnum. $50 for individuals with a signed Reserve bottle. Discounts for Wine Club members.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Oh, Gawd. Yet another Woot category.

They split Tech! into Electronics! and Computers! ... which makes sense.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:You rang?

About time! The other mods were slacking whilst you were off partying.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:About time! The other mods were slacking whilst you were off partying.

I doubt that. And my partying consisted of boxing up and storing my son's dorm stuff for the summer. Art students collect a lot of CRAP!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I doubt that. And my partying consisted of boxing up and storing my son's dorm stuff for the summer. Art students collect a lot of CRAP!

Hah! They were AWOL on the Ursa Offer ... only 2 (You get a gold star.)'s??? The Winery popped in!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hah! They were AWOL on the Ursa Offer ... only 2 (You get a gold star.)'s??? The Winery popped in!!

Dunno. I gave the winery a (You get a gold star.). There wasn't much to spot in the thread.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
ThunderThighs wrote:I doubt that. And my partying consisted of boxing up and storing my son's dorm stuff for the summer. Art students collect a lot of CRAP!

You should see culinary students... Except it's more like all clad pans, spoons, knives, and immersion circulators.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Itwdswafo wrote:You should see culinary students... Except it's more like all clad pans, spoons, knives, and immersion circulators.

Ooooooh... and their stuff is mostly larger. And you have to clean it really well so you don't get bugs while it's in storage. Sympathies. Now I feel better.

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
JOATMON wrote:Oh, Gawd. Yet another Woot category.

guess it's time to get me one of them new-fangled wide screen thingies; so all the ribbon items fit without scrolling.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:guess it's time to get me one of them new-fangled wide screen thingies; so all the ribbon items fit without scrolling.

That one left when they started accesories.woot. I don't like to have my browser covering my whole screen.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Dunno. I gave the winery a (You get a gold star.). There wasn't much to spot in the thread.

Et Tu, TT? Et tu?

I'm tired of reposting the link to the PS "dumb phase".

And at least I got recognition from WD!!!

:muttering: not much there :end muttering:

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:I think I did - and I think the big man agrees- he didn't judge it blasphemous enough to cause an earthquake ;)

What earthquake? That was just everyone in the LA Area jumping up and down in joy.

Go Kings!!

JOATMON

ThunderThighs wrote:You rang?

PM for you, please.

(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:PM for you, please.

Read. Pondering.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Winery in the thread.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

PolarBear - PM for you.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope, the next weekend on the 12th.

$100 for couples plus a signed magnum. $50 for individuals with a signed Reserve bottle. Discounts for Wine Club members.

sigh..... why oh why can't I win the lottery? then I could fly out and join in all the fun!!

klezman

Anybody used the LG tablet up on the new iteration of original woot? I've been thinking of getting one for ages (Android) and wonder how this one performs. I might be able to swing by a Best Buy and check out the tablet size, but my prior has been to look for a 10" screen.
Thoughts?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:sigh..... why oh why can't I win the lottery? then I could fly out and join in all the fun!!

This is really tempting. It would mean re-routing from Denver to Oakland and extending that trip for a couple of days, but only adding a one-way flight, which we'll be doing with points, anyway.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

Lodging info up in the Tour thread.

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooooh... and their stuff is mostly larger. And you have to clean it really well so you don't get bugs while it's in storage. Sympathies. Now I feel better.

We're probably one of the few colleges where they do random surprise inspections to see how clean our rooms are. There's a certain level of health/cleanliness expected for people working with food.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
JOATMON wrote:Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high

Your sig counts are a bit outdated.
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

ThunderThighs wrote:Read. Pondering.

TT, I responded to your response to my response to your response to my question...

(as of 2011-03-02)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

These storms are bordering on biblical. My family farm is trashed, there's flooding everywhere and there's a lot more rain on the way!

Meanwhile at my house, not so bad. Yet...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
bhodilee wrote:These storms are bordering on biblical. My family farm is trashed, there's flooding everywhere and there's a lot more rain on the way!

Uh, oh! That means we're in for the biblical storms tomorrow....

Good luck! I hope you have a good stash of batteries for the flashlights.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:These storms are bordering on biblical. My family farm is trashed, there's flooding everywhere and there's a lot more rain on the way!

We've had enough rain, too.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

cjsiege wrote:Uh, oh! That means we're in for the biblical storms tomorrow....

Good luck! I hope you have a good stash of batteries for the flashlights.

Eh, it's all skirting north of my place. My dad's house is pretty trashed though. Siding on two sides gone, windows busted out, vehicles just trashed. Baseball hail does that. We had it a few years ago but it was sporadic, theirs was heavy.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

otolith wrote:We've had enough rain, too.

Good Lord you folks. Send some to the left coast.

Stay dry, if possible.

CT

rjquillin

Ever wonder how many Woot Cellars bottles were in CT cellars?
Somewhere around #300 from the top.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
bhodilee wrote:Eh, it's all skirting north of my place. My dad's house is pretty trashed though. Siding on two sides gone, windows busted out, vehicles just trashed. Baseball hail does that. We had it a few years ago but it was sporadic, theirs was heavy.

That sounds awful! Are they sure there wasn't a tornado? The news just said that there were a couple around Blaine, I think. Too sleepy tone sure.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:That sounds awful! Are they sure there wasn't a tornado? The news just said that there were a couple around Blaine, I think. Too sleepy tone sure.

Nope, straight line winds, which are about as bad. They were gonna put on a new roof anyway, now they can get siding as well. And the windows were 15 years old. Bright Sides!

MarkDaSpark

Wayback Wine.Woot Wednesday: I was looking for the Travelocity Gnome (to poke NonnaWY), and came across this post ...

MarkDaSpark wrote:School Permission Slip Warns Parents Their Kids Might Actually See Nature (Gasp!)

I loved the quotes ...

"I had a parent complain about their 3 year old's shirt and pants being dirty. When I told the parent it was from the child eating lunch she started yelling at me. At home they spoon feed her, which explained why their child sucked at feeding herself..."

Even better ...

"Guys. My sister is a sailing coach. She once had parents complain to her that her children were getting wet. At sailing class."

Too funny!

Edit: Read the comments too! More hilarity!

Luckily, I had already finished my coffee before I read it again ... almost had a spit take I laughed so hard.

MarkDaSpark

mmmmm, Bacon

Edit: Did I mention they have Bacon Salt?

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
bhodilee wrote:Nope, straight line winds, which are about as bad. They were gonna put on a new roof anyway, now they can get siding as well. And the windows were 15 years old. Bright Sides!

Glad nobody was hurt, hopefully insurance will cover most of the damage.

I remember when we had straight line winds of 75-80mph here one time. They came out of nowhere, sounded like a freight train approaching and were gone in like 5 seconds. My dog was in the yard and I started to go get him when I heard the wind coming and as I got to the patio door, I saw him get rolled over 2-3x before landing back on his feet. Poor little guy! (but it was also kind of funny)