Who woulda thunk it?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 18.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: NoVA #30: Theme TBD
TBD: SoCal #35: San Diego/Lakeside

July
7/5: Denver #?: VIP Visitors

Summer
est. August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Because it's a Woot-Off? Memorial Day weekend isn't until next weekend!

Slow Woot-Off ... only 5 wines and no non-wines itesm?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
MarkDaSpark wrote:

It's slow because you forgot how these WootOff's work - You clearly need to listen to this again.

Start buying!

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:

It's ok, no one wants those non wine items anyways!

CT

MarkDaSpark

edthebedhead wrote:It's slow because you forgot how these WootOff's work - You clearly need to listen to this again.

Start buying!

I'm helping! I'm helping!! (Wellington & PoiZin)

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

One of the great puzzles of our time...
Why is wine.woot not represented in Wootopoly?

edthebedhead

joelsisk wrote:One of the great puzzles of our time...
Why is wine.woot not represented in Wootopoly?

2 thoughts.
1. great question
2. Now they can sell it on Kids.woot.

EDIT: 3rd thought. There should be a WineWootopoly. The entire thing would be wine woot related!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
edthebedhead wrote:2 thoughts.
1. great question

EDIT: 3rd thought. There should be a WineWootopoly. The entire thing would be wine woot related!

I'd buy it.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Just got off a weekend of call, and people didn't do a lot of bad things to one another. Amazing!

Of course my reward is a sinus infection from hell, and i think a splitting headache/migraine.

I'm amazed at what one can get out of one's nose with saline rinses. Disgusting! lol

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
otolith wrote:Just got off a weekend of call, and people didn't do a lot of bad things to one another. Amazing!

Of course my reward is a sinus infection from hell, and i think a splitting headache/migraine.

I'm amazed at what one can get out of one's nose with saline rinses. Disgusting! lol

Pics or it didn't happen. Just kidding, no pics wanted. At all.

MarkDaSpark

edthebedhead wrote:2 thoughts.
1. great question

Someone already made a Wineopoly game.

And yes, I've gotten it as a gift. Twice.

edthebedhead

MarkDaSpark wrote:Someone already made a Wineopoly game.

And yes, I've gotten it as a gift. Twice.

But can you land on the Bonsai railroad?

otolith

chemvictim wrote:Pics or it didn't happen. Just kidding, no pics wanted. At all.

Careful what you ask for!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

Looks like we're going to winemaker dinner with CG Di Arie in Denver next week!

Too bad Loweeeel doesn't check the pub often. He could tell me if there's anything I should be looking out for. It does NOT appear that there is a PS on the menu.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
joelsisk wrote:Looks like we're going to winemaker dinner with CG Di Arie in Denver next week!

Too bad Loweeeel doesn't check the pub often. He could tell me if there's anything I should be looking out for. It does NOT appear that there is a PS on the menu.

I'll have to check my notes, but a number of us stopped there on the way back south following D&D.
Purchases were made.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I'll have to check my notes, but a number of us stopped there on the way back south following D&D.
Purchases were made.

That would have been hard to do ... since they are over in Amador. Perhaps one was thinking of last year's Wootception?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Looks like we're going to winemaker dinner with CG Di Arie in Denver next week!

I think we all enjoyed the Syrah.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think we all enjoyed the Syrah.

Yes, and the rose blend

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Yes, and the rose blend

True, but I only saw the Syrah on the list, and didn't remember if we liked the Zins (probably, but didn't want to say yes or no).

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:True, but I only saw the Syrah on the list, and didn't remember if we liked the Zins (probably, but didn't want to say yes or no).

didn't most get Pet's and Port? And the Southern Exposure?
I grabbed the Taksim, if only because it looked interesting, and a CF
Didn't they have Zin from the Granpere vineyard we all tasted as well. Don't recall any purchases however.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

is it just me or is this woot off heavy on Cab's and Black tie deals?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
fredrinaldi wrote:is it just me or is this woot off heavy on Cab's and Black tie deals?

+1

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Speaking of PS...I still have bottles of the '00 and '01 KRPS from a few hundred years ago. Are they drinkable now or still in a dumb phase?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

tommythecat78 wrote:Speaking of PS...I still have bottles of the '00 and '01 KRPS from a few hundred years ago. Are they drinkable now or still in a dumb phase?

I think they come out of the dumb phase around 20 yrs from vintage, or something like that.

--John Muir

cortot20

fredrinaldi wrote:is it just me or is this woot off heavy on Cab's and Black tie deals?

I hope you realized that all those different bottle rock bottles were the same wine with different labels.

CT

cortot20

tommythecat78 wrote:Speaking of PS...I still have bottles of the '00 and '01 KRPS from a few hundred years ago. Are they drinkable now or still in a dumb phase?

I'm sure they are doing great. I'd pop one.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Definition by Kent of the Dumb phase.

They enter the dumb phase between 10 & 15 years, so they could be in it or getting ready to be in it.

Depends on how many of each you have. You can check CellarTracker to see if anyone has opened one lately.

I'll probably wait the 6 years or so and open mine in 2020.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I'm sure they are doing great. I'd pop one.

Uh huh. Says the man drinking White Zin.

Actually, the 2000 (according to one tasting note) sounded like it was entering the dumb phase in 2010.

The 2001 might still be okay (2010 tasting note), but it might have entered the dumb phase.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

watching the weather... Hope all Denver wooters are ok!!!!

joelsisk

mommadeb1 wrote:watching the weather... Hope all Denver wooters are ok!!!!

Tornadoes are fun! Waiting around in a stairwell, not so much.

Going home soon to see if the dog broke into the house or broke down the fence and is wandering the city. My money is on the house... but just barely.

edthebedhead

Multiple tornado's in Denver today. Some reports of 4" hail. Yikes! Sirens blaring!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Newest of the Woot Shipping email snafus:

Got 2 woot emails today, one at 1800, the second at 1930...

The first email indicated that the wine I purchased 2nd had been shipped (per FedEx not in the system yet)

The second email announced that the wine I purchased first had been shipped... A wine that ARRIVED over a week ago....

TT... Seriously?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
edthebedhead wrote:Multiple tornado's in Denver today. Some reports of 4" hail. Yikes! Sirens blaring!

4" hail? Inconceivable! I hope all you Denverites are alright!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. Says the man drinking White Zin.

Actually, the 2000 (according to one tasting note) sounded like it was entering the dumb phase in 2010.

The 2001 might still be okay (2010 tasting note), but it might have entered the dumb phase.

Um.......... You too could have enjoyed the vintage and well aged white zin. but you don't seem to want to show up at any local meetups.

CT

joelsisk

hmmm. had a missed fedex door tag when I got home. Had to double check the case of IronHorse I bought last week... nope, that is still just info received. Only other wine ordered in the past couple months was during the wootoff. No other emails or notifications. Checked the tag - standard overnight from Sonoma/Petaluma, and only 3 lbs... random single bottle of wine will be held and picked up tomorrow.

Funny, the actual attempted delivery time was when I was hunkered down in a stairwell with tornadoes less than 7 miles away.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Joel...PM

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
otolith wrote:I think they come out of the dumb phase around 20 yrs from vintage, or something like that.

cortot20 wrote:I'm sure they are doing great. I'd pop one.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. Says the man drinking White Zin.

Thanks...I will leave them for now. I either have 1 of each or 2 of each. Haven't looked in a while and most of my wine is in boxes (case boxes...not like...franzia boxes). If I do have 2 of each I may just have to pop one sometime soon just to see how they are doing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Thanks...I will leave them for now. I either have 1 of each or 2 of each. Haven't looked in a while and most of my wine is in boxes (case boxes...not like...franzia boxes). If I do have 2 of each I may just have to pop one sometime soon just to see how they are doing.

So ... you still in the badge scanning business?