Go for it.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of April 6.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April
4/26: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

May
5/3: SoCal #33: Grenache/Grenache Blanc for Cinco de Mayo

Summer
August TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

X-post from last weeks pub.
rpm, baaaaad rpm; wrong pub, but great news

rpm wrote:Note that in the Gatherings thread, I posted that the stars are aligning for an August 4-5 RPM Tour.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

My daughter's twins arrived this morning: Jack James, 6 lb. 9 oz, 18.5 in. long, born at 9:56, and Abigail Marie, 5 lb. 14 oz, 19.5 in., born at 9:58. Both of them and their mom are doing well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:My daughter's twins arrived this morning: Jack James, 6 lb. 9 oz, 18.5 in. long, born at 9:56, and Abigail Marie, 5 lb. 14 oz, 19.5 in., born at 9:58. Both of them and their mom are doing well.

Hefty weight for twins. Congrats!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:My daughter's twins arrived this morning: Jack James, 6 lb. 9 oz, 18.5 in. long, born at 9:56, and Abigail Marie, 5 lb. 14 oz, 19.5 in., born at 9:58. Both of them and their mom are doing well.

Congrats grandpaw.
Best wishes to all.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Mazal tov! Fantastic news

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Congrats grandpaw.
Best wishes to all.

+4 (since I'm the 4th one to be happy.)

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

congrats!!!!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I'll add to the chorus of congratulations!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mommadeb1

the Cremenelli saga...

Should be fine...just peel off the skin as you normally would and go from there. Or leave them in the fridge for a day without a wrapper and they will dry out just fine. Unlikely that there's anything actually wrong with them.

I've never seen 'em go slime tho, and why would they stink?
I did lose track of one once and it got much darker, and harder, just under the skin. Ate them anyway, just chewed a bit more.

the stench was so bad, I can't even describe it...(and I am a mom and pet owner... I've smelled some pretty nasty stuff.....
I did attempt to peel one, got the brown slimy stuff off, but the odor was still there!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Congratulations!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

mommadeb1 wrote:the Cremenelli saga...

Should be fine...just peel off the skin as you normally would and go from there. Or leave them in the fridge for a day without a wrapper and they will dry out just fine. Unlikely that there's anything actually wrong with them.

I did lose track of one once and it got much darker, and harder, just under the skin. Ate them anyway, just chewed a bit more.

the stench was so bad, I can't even describe it...(and I am a mom and pet owner... I've smelled some pretty nasty stuff.....
I did attempt to peel one, got the brown slimy stuff off, but the odor was still there!

On whether it went bad, or is OK, contact Cremenelli. For any adjustment if bad, you should start with woot.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda

Congrats Don! Grandpa!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mommadeb1 wrote:the Cremenelli saga...

I'm guessing that either they came that way or the humidity in your fridge got high and that somehow these got wet (either direct condensation or soaking up something).

Normally the sausages are so dry and salty nothing can really eat them (except the slow white mold you typically see on the outside). If they get wet suddenly the atmosphere for growth is MUCH better. Based on how it sounds, I'd take the better safe than sorry route and chuck them. If they likely came to you that way then refund/replacement, if somehow the situation at your house caused it... Too bad.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:On whether it went bad, or is OK, contact Cremenelli. For any adjustment if bad, you should start with woot.

waiting for a reply from woot....

mommadeb1

cmaldoon wrote:I'm guessing that either they came that way or the humidity in your fridge got high and that somehow these got wet (either direct condensation or soaking up something).

Normally the sausages are so dry and salty nothing can really eat them (except the slow white mold you typically see on the outside). If they get wet suddenly the atmosphere for growth is MUCH better. Based on how it sounds, I'd take the better safe than sorry route and chuck them. If they likely came to you that way then refund/replacement, if somehow the situation at your house caused it... Too bad.

thanks

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm

CONGRATULATIONS X2

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Congrats!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

Congrats!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

Congrats, and welcome to the (grandparents of twins) club!

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

Congrats UConn. Great game. And also congrats to Kentucky for that great game in the semi's.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Mazel tov, my friend.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

Way to go UConn. Got the one that was not expected .Now for the women and repeat of the dual championship.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Older Galaxy Gear is up on Woot now. The Gear 2 comes out this week, and has more features (play music, scan heartbeat, etc.) for those remembering our discussion last week.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Hooray!

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
otolith wrote:Congrats!

Yeah, what he said (both times).

otolith

InFrom wrote:Yeah, what he said (both times).

That may or may not have been intentional.

--John Muir

rjquillin

I'm about to go searching, bur does anyone have a clue what an "AWS Elastic Beanstalk" is?
For some reason, I'm rather concerned about, refreshing the main thread took me to
http://wine.woot.com/#ref=wine.woot.com/header/tab@9.11-wine
that is a big green screen proclaiming among other things, that:

Your first AWS Elastic Beanstalk Node.js application is now running on your own dedicated environment in the AWS Cloud

~worries~

[edit] AWS = Amazon Web Services
Huh? Why would I see this?

TT?

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

Don is in the daily forum now.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:I'm about to go searching, bur does anyone have a clue what an "AWS Elastic Beanstalk" is?
For some reason, I'm rather concerned about, refreshing the main thread took me to
http://wine.woot.com/#ref=wine.woot.com/header/tab@9.11-wine
that is a big green screen proclaiming among other things, that:

Your first AWS Elastic Beanstalk Node.js application is now running on your own dedicated environment in the AWS Cloud

~worries~

[edit] AWS = Amazon Web Services
Huh? Why would I see this?

TT?

I dunno but you shouldn't see it. I turned in a note to the Dev team to research.

Thanks for letting me know.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I want my own AWS Elastic Beanstalk Node.js application running on my own dedicated environment in the AWS Cloud.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

woot issued me a refund for my cremenelli salami.... I will have to try again............

ThunderThighs

Staff

RJ: well, I hope you're happy. Email was flying yesterday afternoon about your elastic beanstalk.

Kyle: Don't tell your wife, but I think I love you.

Momma: Sorry for the yucky Salami.

FORUM MODERATOR

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:RJ: well, I hope you're happy. Email was flying yesterday afternoon about your elastic beanstalk.

Kyle: Don't tell your wife, but I think I love you.

Momma: Sorry for the yucky Salami.

WhooHoo!
Is it now approved for climbing so I can find my pot of gold?

My 15 minutes of woot! fame..

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:WhooHoo!

Please climb and then write a book about it, so I can read it to my kid at bedtime- "Ron and the AWS Elastic Beanstalk".

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:WhooHoo!

No, you would find a golden goose, not a pot of gold. Don't make me alert the Leprechaun Union. They're represented by the same attorney's that defended the Lollipop Guild after the House incident.

Edit: Though, if you're really lucky, on your way back down the beanstalk, you may be able to slide down a rainbow and end up with a Golden Goose AND a pot of gold!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I'm way behind, but Good News! Congrats and all that. What will you be laying down x2?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:No, you would find a golden goose, not a pot of gold. Don't make me alert the Leprechaun Union. They're represented by the same attorney's that defended the Lollipop Guild after the House incident.

Edit: Though, if you're really lucky, on your way back down the beanstalk, you may be able to slide down a rainbow and end up with a Golden Goose AND a pot of gold!

The law firm of Hunter & Woodman has issued a cease & desist order to you on discussing fairy tales.

He would have found a Golden Harp, and a Goose that laid Golden Eggs.

These are the lawyers that beat the Lollipop Guild lawyers.