MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!

And I'm totally hiding on April 1st!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 30.
Final Four is now set! How 'bout those brackets???
Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March
TBD: Houston Area Kick-start

April
4/1: SoCal #32.5: Hawaiian Gardens (Note that this is on April Fools Day)
4/26: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

May
5/3: SoCal #33: Grenache/Grenache Blanc for Cinco de Mayo

Summer
August TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Be calm everyone, I've already alerted the NAACP on this weeks pub title. Sparky, I would caution against your plan, just ask any Hollywood actress who has ever dressed up in blackface for Halloween if it was a good idea.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Crimean winery hoping for better times, now that Crimea is an "independent" republic. If they're smart, they'll take a lesson from Joy Sterling, and make their bubbly a bit sweeter for the Russian market.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning, winers.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning, winers.

Tough weekend it would appear.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Tough weekend it would appear.

Lunch with 30+ high school friends on Friday. Long recovery.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:Lunch with 30+ high school friends on Friday. Long recovery.

You need to attend more gatherings it would seem, to practice up for these extracurricular activities.

CT

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Be calm everyone, I've already alerted the NAACP on this weeks pub title. Sparky, I would caution against your plan, just ask any Hollywood actress who has ever dressed up in blackface for Halloween if it was a good idea.

Perhaps someone needs to update their frame of reference to at least the late 20th Century?

Going Dark does not refer to your family's propensity for cross-dressing and wearing makeup, but rather "protecting yourself from someone who would do you harm."

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Perhaps someone needs to update their frame of reference to at least the late 20th Century?

Going Dark does not refer to your family's propensity for cross-dressing and wearing makeup, but rather "protecting yourself from someone who would do you harm."

would this have anything to do with rpm tour (non) updating...?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:would this have anything to do with rpm tour (non) updating...?

Family "fun" on Saturday turned into recovery on Sunday. Doh!

Edit: And I still need my morning coffee!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Perhaps someone needs to update their frame of reference to at least the late 20th Century?

Or someone that might jack with your signature? Not that I know anything about such things. That would be just flat out wrong.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:this makes sense cause mine is still rocking along no problems and I treat it rough.

PETBBQ and the ASPCBBQ have both been notified of your cruelty.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Or someone that might jack with your signature? Not that I know anything about such things. That would be just flat out wrong.

Especially when one has no other recourse but to report said hacking to the authorities.

It's not like they would make me a volunteer moderator (which would be a big mistake!) so I could do the same back.

Edit: Although when it's a self-portrait of the hacker, I suppose I wouldn't report the hacker. Like the current one.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:would this have anything to do with rpm tour (non) updating...?

It's been updated.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's been updated.

On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2014 12:25 AM

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry all, need to update who's interested and when on the beginning post. Will try to get to it by Monday at the latest.

Well, I suppose you didn't say ~which~ Monday.

CT

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:PETBBQ and the ASPCBBQ have both been notified of your cruelty.

mmmmmm, bbq pets

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:well, I suppose you didn't say ~which~ Monday.

Exactly!!!

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Bowtie - not sure if you have Costco by you... OOOMA @ costco

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:Bowtie - not sure if you have Costco by you... OOOMA @ costco

bout six minutes away actually. I got one off Amazon for 119. No phone, but I have lots of wooted phones. Works slick so far. Still haven't ported my number through, kinda really need to do that

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Joel--PM for you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Joel--PM for you.

Replied

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Replied

Smartass.

edit: I'm a dumbass...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Smartass.

So leave teh rest of us out.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:So leave teh rest of us out.

OK, maybe Joel isn't teh smartass that I thought he was. Stupid Woof! filters got me...fool on me.

teh
they're's

--John Muir

rjquillin

Waht bteetr day tahn 4/1 to add sroatge?
I'm $2700 poeror but hvae adedd sroatge for 2000~2500 btlotes.
Wkros out to $1.10~1.35 or so a btlote.
Now, wehre to fnid 9' x 6' of fcaolporse.
Aoubt terhe of tehse puls 56~64 ceass.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Waht bteetr day tahn 4/1 to add sroatge?

At first I thought teh filters really did a number on you, then I realized you're fingers are just drunk.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Congrats. Glad to hear you can move out of the paid storage, or at least reduce the bill. Sounds like its time for an epic wine moving party.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Friends and Fellow Wooters - It is that time of year again. Once again, I am training for the century (100 mile) bike ride to support MS on June 1. And that also means I am appealing to you for donations. The generosity of this community astounds me every year. So my thanks for your consideration in advance.

This link will take you to my personal fundraising page.

I also have the link in my signature so you don't need to hunt back for this post when the time comes, but can easily find the spot to enter in your credit card information.

I return you to your regular Pub revelry.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:Congrats. Glad to hear you can move out of the paid storage, or at least reduce the bill. Sounds like its time for an epic wine moving party.

Truth...Ron, let us know if you want help with that.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Truth...Ron, let us know if you want help with that.

What I ~need~ is someplace to site that 'room'!
The sheds up on tools & garden aren't tall enough.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

I'm usually pretty good at anagrams, but I have to confess I'm stumped by "fcaolporse" and "puls", though I get the drift. Anyone care to jump in?

Congrats on your acquisition!

InFrom

InFrom wrote:I'm usually pretty good at anagrams, but I have to confess I'm stumped by "fcaolporse" and "puls", though I get the drift. Anyone care to jump in?

Congrats on your acquisition!

You know, I was thinking of "wall space", just realized it's "floorspace". But "puls"?

Edit: ok, just realized it's bad typing for "pulls".

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:You know, I was thinking of "wall space", just realized it's "floorspace". But "puls"?

Edit: ok, just realized it's bad typing for "pulls".

Close, but the wrong number of letters.
Try plus in the sentence.
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
and thanks. Pretty happy with it (I hope) as well, or will be when I clear a place, pick it up, assemble and stock it.
Fortunately, they, Abnormal wine Co. isn't in a big hurry to move it, as the racks are still rather full of their stuff, and that's not included.

CT

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:Close, but the wrong number of letters.
Try plus in the sentence.
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Word.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Bill Canihan is in the Daily thread. Go forth and pellet him with questions.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Bill Canihan is in the Daily thread. Go forth and pellet him with questions.

Can I use the actual pellet gun up on the Sport Woot Plus offer?

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Can I use the actual pellet gun up on the Sport Woot Plus offer?

Yes but remember, you'll have to aim directly at your monitor. Let's see how that works for you.

FORUM MODERATOR

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes but remember, you'll have to aim directly at your monitor. Let's see how that works for you.

Wait.... Don't YOU monitor us.....?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Time to ditch our iPhones, I think. Who has a Galaxy S4? Like it? Should I wait for an S5?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen