jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

It's our seventh annual bracket game! I don't really have time to do a big write-up this year like I usually do (you're welcome). To join our friendly NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament bracket game go to http://ebwoot.mayhem.cbssports.com/e. If you already have a CBSSports.com account you just need to sign in (I STRONGLY recommend trying to use your Woot username both so we'll know who you are and you won't reveal personal information you might not want us to know; even if you have an account under your real name you may want to make a separate one for our game); if you don't have an account you'll need to create one (it's free). When prompted, enter our password: ebw

If you've played in years past you're probably already set to go (unless I removed you from our group because you hadn't played in a couple years; you might need to rejoin in that case). Filling out the brackets is as easy as clicking the team you think will win each game; each subsequent round is automatically set as you make your picks. You can create two brackets if you want to try to make one that seems more realistic and have one fantasy bracket where your 16-seed alma mater becomes an unstoppable force that wins it all, or something like that. Make sure your picks are in before 11 AM EDT on Thursday. Once the main round of the tournament starts the brackets are locked and it's too late to join.

There's no cost to join (unlike the pool you may have at work or something) and there's also no prize. I might try to make a graphic this year you can put in your signature, but there's no guarantee that will actually happen. The important thing is to have fun, and maybe engage in some good-natured banter on here.

If you'd like to see how previous seasons have gone have a look at:
2013 (Winner: Brian Morris)
2012 (Winner: Brian Morris)
2011 (Winner: kenney9226)
2010 (Winner: kenney9226)
2009 (Winner: Josh Forsythe)
2008 (Winner: Schrobblehead)

Quality Posts

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Will someone tell me how to turn off pop-up blocker in FF so I can print my bracket?

n/m, I found it.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:If you'd like to see how previous seasons have gone have a look at:
2013 (Winner: Brian Morris)
2012 (Winner: Brian Morris)
2011 (Winner: kenney9226)
2010 (Winner: kenney9226)
2009 (Winner: Josh Forsythe)
2008 (Winner: Schrobblehead)

i hate brian morris with the burning heat of a thousand suns! whoever he is!

jqubed

no1 wrote:i hate brian morris with the burning heat of a thousand suns! whoever he is!

But not Kenney?

Skye — 1997-2007

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

OK, I'm in. I know nothing at all about basketball, but I get bullied into the office pool every year. Might as well play here with people I actually like.

jqubed

hot72chev wrote:OK, I'm in. I know nothing at all about basketball, but I get bullied into the office pool every year. Might as well play here with people I actually like.

We can start bullying you too, if it helps...

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

no1 wrote:i hate brian morris with the burning heat of a thousand suns! whoever he is!

//wondering if it's No1//

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

jqubed wrote:But not Kenney?

he's usually crushed in fantasy sports, so he's good.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:OK, I'm in. I know nothing at all about basketball, but I get bullied into the office pool every year. Might as well play here with people I actually like.

Absolutely. I've won in other brackets on occasion and I know nothing about.

jqubed

pooflady wrote://wondering if it's No1//

Same here... maybe Jessica Alba wised-up that she shouldn't keep using her real name.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

pooflady wrote://wondering if it's No1//

MABE IT'S YOU!

jqubed

no1 wrote:he's usually crushed in fantasy sports, so he's good.

His deal with the devil expired?

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:His deal with the devil expired?

i don't think so, i think he still looks awfully youthful and chipper for having a crapload of daughters!

jqubed

no1 wrote:i don't think so, i think he still looks awfully youthful and chipper for having a crapload of daughters!

have the daughters made it to their teenage years yet? because that can make a difference.

Skye — 1997-2007

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
jqubed wrote:We can start bullying you too, if it helps...

Then I'll feel right at home...uh, at work, I mean.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
jqubed wrote:have the daughters made it to their teenage years yet? because that can make a difference.

I am here and hope it's not too late to join. I'll go try now.

That was pretty neat that I won for two years in a row there.

I have not watched a single minute of college basketball at all this year, so my prospects look good!

Oh, rats! I forgot my login name and password... This may take a while.

Ha! CBS emailed me my login name and guess what? It was Kenney9226!!

Daughters are in 10th grade and twins are in 8th grade. At any point in time, 2/3 of them are generally fine and agreeable while the other one is annoying.

Duke Sucks.

*final fun fact* Apparently the NCAA was selling a T shirt that had all the teams on it, only instead of George Washington UNiversity, it showed Georgetown University, which didn't make the tournament this year! That is all!

jqubed

kenney9226 wrote:Daughters are in 10th grade and twins are in 8th grade. At any point in time, 2/3 of them are generally fine and agreeable while the other one is annoying.

When I was growing up there were also 3 of us and at any time 1/3 of us wouldn't like whatever food was being prepared, generally. Our dislikes would rotate, too. For instance, maybe sometime I wouldn't like meat loaf and everyone else did, then suddenly I liked meat loaf and my sister didn't. None of this was coordinated.

kenney9226 wrote:*final fun fact* Apparently the NCAA was selling a T shirt that had all the teams on it, only instead of George Washington UNiversity, it showed Georgetown University, which didn't make the tournament this year! That is all!

HA! I had to be careful myself to not make the same mistake while working through the East bracket.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

kenney9226 wrote:At any point in time, 2/3 of them are generally fine and agreeable while the other one is annoying.

just like me, except for the fine and agreeable part.

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

I'm in for the first time. I've been playing in a Yahoo group with Woot the past few years.

Has this always been in parallel? I didn't see anything, so I'm guessing the other isn't running this year?

pooflady

FrostByte wrote:I'm in for the first time. I've been playing in a Yahoo group with Woot the past few years.

Has this always been in parallel? I didn't see anything, so I'm guessing the other isn't running this year?

I don't know anything about the other one, didn't know it existed. This has been going for quite a while.

jqubed

Ha-HA! Who has 2 thumbs and picked Dayton to beat Ohio State? a-This guy!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:Ha-HA! Who has 2 thumbs and picked Dayton to beat Ohio State? a-This guy!

It's not nice to gloat.

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte
jqubed wrote:Ha-HA! Who has 2 thumbs and picked Dayton to beat Ohio State? a-This guy!

Who has 2 thumbs and picked OSU to win the whole thing?

Thankfully, not me. I'm just asking.

I did, unfortunately, have them getting to the Sweet 16. Oh well.

no1

AWWWWWWW YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

no1

FrostByte wrote:I'm in for the first time.

400 quatloos on the newcomer!

first day and i'm already mathemagically eliminated!

jqubed

pooflady wrote:It's not nice to gloat.

Friendly gloating and trash talking is encouraged here!

I am however just now coming down from the rage over NC State blowing a 16 point lead late in the second half.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I thought it would be interesting to mention the teams people have picked to win the tournament:

Florida (4)
pooflady, hot72chev, jessica alba, jessica alba (2)

Virginia (3)
jqubed (2), SkekTek (2), hot72chev (2)

Syracuse (3)
kenney9226 (2), MaggieS, pooflady (2)

Michigan State (2)
FrostByte, MaggieS (2)

Arizona (2)
cruzer, Turken (2)

Creighton (1)
jqubed

Wichita State (1)
poofguy

Wisconsin (1)
SkekTek

Kansas (1)
Turken

Duke (1)
kenney9226

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I'm most surprised by kenney, given how often he vocally professes hatred for Duke.

Skye — 1997-2007

kenney9226

jqubed wrote:I'm most surprised by kenney, given how often he vocally professes hatred for Duke.

Duke sucks!!!

pooflady

jqubed wrote:Friendly gloating and trash talking is encouraged here!

Oh. Well, in that case, look at who's in first place all by my little old self!!!

no1

i have the lowest potential of everybody!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Boohoo //sniff sniff//

You missed at least one year of the Woot brackets. I was amazed I won one of them since I know nothing about basketball.

BTW: Still waiting for Cruzer to mail the prize he promised. :P

jqubed

lplady wrote:Boohoo //sniff sniff//

You missed at least one year of the Woot brackets. I was amazed I won one of them since I know nothing about basketball.

BTW: Still waiting for Cruzer to mail the prize he promised. :P

You winning sure sounds familiar. Was cruzer running one before I started and that's when you won? Now that I think about it, it does seem like I set my first one up because he didn't want to take the time to run it one year and I've done it ever since. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Oh. Well, in that case, look at who's in first place all by my little old self!!!

Yes you are; you do tend to find your way to the top of the standings!

Skye — 1997-2007

kenney9226

kenney9226 wrote:Duke sucks!!!

DUKE SUCKS AND MERCER KNEW IT!

jqubed

kenney9226 wrote:DUKE SUCKS AND MERCER KNEW IT!

Wahahaha! Yes! That's what happens when the refs actually call travels instead of yielding to Duke's will!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:You winning sure sounds familiar. Was cruzer running one before I started and that's when you won? Now that I think about it, it does seem like I set my first one up because he didn't want to take the time to run it one year and I've done it ever since. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

jqubed wrote:that sounds fun, where will we do it? cruzer wouldn't be able to get one up before the play in, would he?

cruzer wrote:I should have been working on that a long time ago. The first games are soon and I don't think I could make one in time to allow for people to pick the games in time, so I guess if we wanted to do one, we would have to use Yahoo or ESPN or something like that.

jqubed wrote:we'll have to register for any of them... does anyone have a preference? who wants to be in charge?
CBS has the official rights to the games and does live score updates.
Yahoo and ESPN are other popular contenders...

Edit: we need to decide today, probably, though, to make sure we have time before the games start. as of right now, we have just under 3 days.

jqubed wrote:if i don't see anything to the contrary, I'll set up a group on CBS Tuesday morning.

jqubed wrote:I've set up a page: http://ebwoot.mayhem.sportsline.com/

to join, visit here: http://ebwoot.mayhem.sportsline.com/e
You may need to register with CBS if you haven't done this before (you may want to anyway to keep your real name a secret). Once you log in, you will need the group password, which is ebw

if you have trouble, send me a PM

... anyway ... thanks for stepping up, j3, it's been a lot of fun!

pooflady

no1 wrote:... anyway ... thanks for stepping up, j3, it's been a lot of fun!

What he said!!!

jqubed

no1 wrote:... anyway ... thanks for stepping up, j3, it's been a lot of fun!

Impressive. Can you find where I missed lplady's victory and where she earned her prize? Did she get the most correct or something?

Skye — 1997-2007