MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away Folks!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
ddeuddeg wrote:I don't generally do this, but a very fine young man could use your vote in a prestigious awards competition. Offensive lineman don't get the same kind of name recognition that QB's, RB's and WR's get. His name is John Urschel. All he's done so far is finish his Bachelor's degree in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA, majoring in Mathematics, his Master's in 1 year with a 4.0, and is now teaching part-time at Penn State while working on his PhD and completing his final year of football eligibility, after red-shirting his freshman year. And he's a really nice guy. Not your typical college jock, but even so, he still projects to be a high round NFL draft pick. Please consider voting for him, using the link in my signature, as fan voting is 1/3 of the decision.

Requested daily reminder, with the original story, for those who missed it.
Besides, someone had to resurrect the pub after Sparky seems to have simultaneously opened it and killed it. Must be a Monday AM.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning Pubbers!

Good morning. And to the rest of the lurkers.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:Requested daily reminder, with the original story, for those who missed it.
Besides, someone had to resurrect the pub after Sparky seems to have simultaneously opened it and killed it. Must be a Monday AM.

voted!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Great! I hear he really wants someone to ship an ocarina to his house.

I will accept the Sake, I will throw the Ocarina in the trash. AFTER I take the sledge hammer to it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:I will accept the Sake, I will throw the Ocarina in the trash. AFTER I take the sledge hammer to it.

Think we could find a local liquor store that would let us buy you a bottle of Sake only to be released to the man who has teenage son carol outside liquor store on an ocarina?

bhodilee

mother wrote:Think we could find a local liquor store that would let us buy you a bottle of Sake only to be released to the man who has teenage son carol outside liquor store on an ocarina?

I don't even know how to go about asking him, why the decorate do you want an Ocarina?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:I don't even know how to go about asking him, why the decorate do you want an Ocarina?

Because it's a Link to the past...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Requested daily reminder, with the original story, for those who missed it.

Just for that, I voted again for John!!! Who's currently at 29.1%, about 4% higher than AJ in 2nd.

And yes, it is a Monday. But then starting the Pub at 1:30 am PST means that just about everyone is asleep, East or West.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Considering how last week's pub ended, maybe we were just a little afraid.

bhodilee

North316 wrote:Because it's a Link to the past...

I'm completely terrified he thinks playing it will actually do whatever it does in the game. But yes, this is where he got the idea. 17 by the way. I'm gonna need an house with an apartment, pretty sure he's gonna fail to launch.

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:I'm completely terrified he thinks playing it will actually do whatever it does in the game. But yes, this is where he got the idea. 17 by the way. I'm gonna need an house with an apartment, pretty sure he's gonna fail to launch.

Plenty of functioning adults still love video games.

North316

chemvictim wrote:Plenty of functioning adults still love video games.

Correct...I am functioning, right?

Waited in line two hours on Sunday to finally get my Playstation 4. Merry X-Mas to me.

My CT

chemvictim

North316 wrote:Correct...I am functioning, right?

Waiting in line two hours on Sunday to finally get my Playstation 4. Merry X-Mas to me.

Jealous! I haven't had a game console since the PS2. I'm tempted to get one, but then I'd have to fight with my husband for the tv. That's the good thing about computer games, I can play while he changes the channel on the tv over and over again (this is his version of watching tv).

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Considering how last week's pub ended, maybe we were just a little afraid.

Exactly!! I felt I was in a Robot Chicken scene (the Tolkein sequel finished by grandson).

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/jrr-tolkien-jr-jr.html

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:Plenty of functioning adults still love video games.

yes, but I seriously wonder if he differentiates between the two. We've had discussions about Star Wars games where I've come to the conclusion that he thinks a lot of that The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) can actually happen. Whatever.

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:yes, but I seriously wonder if he differentiates between the two. We've had discussions about Star Wars games where I've come to the conclusion that he thinks a lot of that The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) can actually happen. Whatever.

Amazing how well the woot filter fit into the sentence.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22 wrote:Amazing how well the woot filter fit into the sentence.

Did work rather well, didn't it. LOL

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Oh right... Gift week is over... Sadface

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Amazing how well the woot filter fit into the sentence.

I'd like to say I planned it, but I didn't

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:I'd like to say I planned it, but I didn't

Mmmm, TT playing with the filters I'd wager, making up for the weekend away.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Mmmm, TT playing with the filters I'd wager, making up for the weekend away.

I changed them yesterday so it's just one freaky coincidence. Heh.

MarkDaSpark

1st Crapmas Brigadier of Carolling arrived Saturday, notified 5 minutes before they closed for the day.

Crapmas Brigadier of Carolling -- Denver Nuggets BB, Laptop Wall Charger, XXL Blue tee shirt, Kids size 10 tee shirt, Bath & Shower Fizzer, Glow stick, Orange Crow watch, 3 pair Girl Socks (size 6 - 7.5), and a Crab Bag. Who do I know have a little girl?

I'm tempted to give the red shirt to the Crapmaster Supreme, but I'm afraid Cortot would try it on first.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:1st Crapmas Brigadier of Carolling arrived Saturday, notified 5 minutes before they closed for the day.
Crapmas Brigadier of Carolling -- Denver Nuggets BB, Laptop Wall Charger, XXL Blue tee shirt, Kids size 10 tee shirt, Bath & Shower Fizzer, Glow stick, Orange Crow watch, 3 pair Girl Socks (size 6 - 7.5), and a Crab Bag. Who do I know have a little girl?

I'm tempted to give the red shirt to the Crapmaster Supreme, but I'm afraid Cortot would try it on first.

But at least they got the size correct on the blue one.
Glow stick good for auto emergency.

Kyle?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 110 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:1st Crapmas Brigadier of Carolling arrived Saturday, notified 5 minutes before they closed for the day.

We almost wear the same size clothes, So it's possible. But then he'd probably just poop on it.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman

And that is why I no longer attempt to get the Brigadier of Carolling The 3 I've had barely had enough to make me feel like it was worth it.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:And that is why I no longer attempt to get the Brigadier of Carolling The 3 I've had barely had enough to make me feel like it was worth it.

Yes, but there are some that more than make up for it!!!

Plus, it's the chase that matters!

cortot20

klezman wrote:And that is why I no longer attempt to get the Brigadier of Carolling The 3 I've had barely had enough to make me feel like it was worth it.

I've gotten 2 over the years and 1 contained a kuerig.

CT

rjquillin

got seven in today!

CT

MarkDaSpark

If you buy Saké, bowtie will come visit!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:If you buy Saké, bowtie will come visit!

Since Dewey doesn't love me and won't ship to my state, except they have in the past and I'm very sad. G is almost $50 a bottle here in the one store I know that has it. UGH!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
North316 wrote:Correct...I am functioning, right?

Waited in line two hours on Sunday to finally get my Playstation 4. Merry X-Mas to me.

Only 2 hours? Not bad.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Lets go nuggets!

ThunderThighs

Staff

What's that brain looking thing next to the glow sticks?

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:What's that brain looking thing next to the glow sticks?

I would guess that is the "Bath & Shower Fizzer", whatever that is.

My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Daily reminder, as requested: Vote for John Urschel. And thanks to all those faithful followers who are voting multiple times daily on various devices.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

North316

I think I've gotten 3 now. Two of them were terrible, but the third (which I got last X-mas for being a super-poster) was pretty good. Had some nice toys to give my nephew and pretty sweet Kelty hiking backpack. As long as I put that backpack to use, or sell it, it will make up every Bag of Coal I ever buy.

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

Any So Cal folks want to split the sake deal?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

Looks like I can finally use amazon gift cards to pay for woot purchases. Thanks, this was something i've wanted to be able to do since woot got bought.

CT