MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of December 1
Did you survive the tryptophan? If so, it's time to... Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January
1/24-26: Buffalo/WNY #11: Icewine Festival

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Flu. Bad. FML so, so hard.

Well. Get soon.

Well wishes in the proper Pub!!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Should start a d&d thread since we know its going to happen but I was curious about tickets. I posted a while back but missed follow up if there was any. Can I get a couple tickets off someone or should I just take the cyber Monday 55 price?

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Should start a d&d thread since we know its going to happen but I was curious about tickets. I posted a while back but missed follow up if there was any. Can I get a couple tickets off someone or should I just take the cyber Monday 55 price?

I'll start it today, and find out. I think they are tightening up, so probably go for the Cyber Monday price. But I'll try to post it in the new thread by noon. ish.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

That was very mean of WD to put the Iron Horse offer up so early in the morning. That was probably the one single offer of this woot-off that cheron98 and I were actually waiting for that we would have purchased.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:That was very mean of WD to put the Iron Horse offer up so early in the morning. That was probably the one single offer of this woot-off that cheron98 and I were actually waiting for that we would have purchased.

That and Corison...

But yeah, I should've checked woot prior to feeding the stupid cat. If I'd done that first, I coulda jumped on it.

Stupid cat.

She's so cute all curled up over there...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:That was very mean of WD to put the Iron Horse offer up so early in the morning. That was probably the one single offer of this woot-off that cheron98 and I were actually waiting for that we would have purchased.

Wait, aren't you two three hours east of us, or do some of us here just get up ~that~ much earlier..?

CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Indeed!

PS Thank goodness you specified cheron98, otherwise people might have been confused ;)

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Indeed!

PS Thank goodness you specified cheron98, otherwise people might have been confused ;)

Exactly!!

And it saves me some $$ when it comes up early!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Kyle: PM

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I don't generally do this, but a very fine young man could use your vote in a prestigious awards competition. Offensive lineman don't get the same kind of name recognition that QB's, RB's and WR's get. His name is John Urschel. All he's done so far is finish his Bachelor's degree in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA, majoring in Mathematics, his Master's in 1 year with a 4.0, and is now teaching part-time at Penn State while working on his PhD and completing his final year of football eligibility, after red-shirting his freshman year. And he's a really nice guy. Not your typical college jock, but even so, he still projects to be a high round NFL draft pick. Please consider voting for him, using the link in my signature, as fan voting is 1/3 of the decision.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tenuki

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't generally do this, but a very fine young man could use your vote in a prestigious awards competition. Offensive lineman don't get the same kind of name recognition that QB's, RB's and WR's get. His name is John Urschel. All he's done so far is finish his Bachelor's degree in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA, majoring in Mathematics, his Master's in 1 year with a 4.0, and is now teaching part-time while working on his PhD and completing his final year of football eligibility, after red-shirting his freshman year. And he's a really nice guy. Not your typical college jock, but even so, he still projects to be a high round NFL draft pick. Please consider voting for him, using the link in my signature, as fan voting is 1/3 of the decision.

But but, he's from Oklahoma! Okay, fine, voted for him even as a Texas fan :P

CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
tenuki wrote:But but, he's from Oklahoma! Okay, fine, voted for him even as a Texas fan :P

Looks like we can vote again tomorrow!

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll start it today, and find out. I think they are tightening up, so probably go for the Cyber Monday price. But I'll try to post it in the new thread by noon. ish.

Cool, thanks, anyone for group rate or should I just get 2?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 190 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Please consider voting for him, using the link in my signature, as fan voting is 1/3 of the decision.

Done

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tenuki wrote:But but, he's from Oklahoma! Okay, fine, voted for him even as a Texas fan :P

He's not from Oklahoma, he's from Buffalo, NY, an alumnus of the school where I'm teaching. That's how I know him.
And you can vote every day. Thanks.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:Done

+1

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

HitAnyKey42

So those of you who are the techies of our group. Are there any good apps/methods that any of you like or know of as being the best for setting up a Galaxy S3 to be a hotspot? I just got a Galaxy Tab 3, and would like to be able to use it through WiFi from my phone when I want to if there are is no other available wifi for me to use.
I've started Googling some options, but don't know how trustworthy some of them are.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
HitAnyKey42 wrote:So those of you who are the techies of our group. Are there any good apps/methods that any of you like or know of as being the best for setting up a Galaxy S3 to be a hotspot? I just got a Galaxy Note 3, and would like to be able to use it through WiFi from my phone when I want to if there are is no other available wifi for me to use.
I've started Googling some options, but don't know how trustworthy some of them are.

My iPhone 5 is built to do it with the AT&T plan I have. I don't know how it would work for a Galaxy, but I have been extremely happy with this. I know there are tools you can download and buy, but the WiFi hot-spot option came with the package we're getting and I couldn't be happier wit the performance.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Nice wine totes are on Home.Woot. $2.50/piece!

I always forget mine at other people's homes so grabbed a few to have around and maybe even give as gifts!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ssetting up a Galaxy S3 to be a hotspot? I just got a Galaxy Note 3, and would like to be able to use it through WiFi from my phone

You are aware that the Note 3 is a phone, right? You could have saved a lot of money buying a tablet instead... No?

HitAnyKey42

mother wrote:You are aware that the Note 3 is a phone, right? You could have saved a lot of money buying a tablet instead... No?

Sorry, I meant to type Galaxy Tab 3. So back to my original question....

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

vaaccess wrote:My iPhone 5 is built to do it with the AT&T plan I have. I don't know how it would work for a Galaxy, but I have been extremely happy with this. I know there are tools you can download and buy, but the WiFi hot-spot option came with the package we're getting and I couldn't be happier wit the performance.

We're still on the old Verizon family plan, since it would be more expensive to go to their new Share Everything plan (which I believe does have hotspot options included). So I'm trying to find a good way to do it without paying extra for it until such a time as we do eventually switch to the new Share Everything plan. (which won't be until my parents decide to get a prepaid phone of some sort or something like that for my grandmother, instead of having it as an additional phone on the family plan account)

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Cool, thanks, anyone for group rate or should I just get 2?

I'll see what I can get for the GrouPieS rate (early entry).

Edit: I can get more at the group rate later, it's just that only the GrouPieS can get in early. Which is very nice to be able to talk one on one with the winemakers there.

So you can hold off, and I can include you in the group when I buy later (which as a GrouPieS member, I'll get today's rate as well).

But I highly recommend everyone join, since it may come in very, very handy next July.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll see what I can get for the GrouPieS rate (early entry).

+1

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll see what I can get for the GrouPieS rate (early entry).

Hubby and I are Groupies this year. So how do we buy the Groupie discount tickets?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Sorry, I meant to type Galaxy Tab 3. So back to my original question....

You may be able to do it by rooting it. I rooted an android phone I had a a couple years ago and it acted as a hotspot.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:+1

Noted. Thread has been created.

HitAnyKey42

kylemittskus wrote:You may be able to do it by rooting it. I rooted an android phone I had a a couple years ago and it acted as a hotspot.

I had found this link with instructions on both rooting and installing the app it talks about. Does anyone see any red flags about what's said on this page (and linked pages about rooting)?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So those of you who are the techies of our group. Are there any good apps/methods that any of you like or know of as being the best for setting up a Galaxy S3 to be a hotspot? I just got a Galaxy Tab 3, and would like to be able to use it through WiFi from my phone when I want to if there are is no other available wifi for me to use.

Doesn't your S3 have Mobile Hotspot under your Settings?

Go to Settings, and then select "More settings" under "Wireless and Networks". It should be there as Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Hubby and I are Groupies this year. So how do we buy the Groupie discount tickets?

You have to call or email. Or just let me know, and I can buy them when I get the group tickets.

You want early entry or normal entry?

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:You have to call or email. Or just let me know, and I can buy them when I get the group tickets.

You want early entry or normal entry?

I'd like early entry but let me make sure hubby is okay with it. When do you think you'll be buying the tickets?

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

I was up in time for it

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

edthebedhead

klezman wrote:I was up in time for it

I was also up in time... but I didn't have coffee - or think to check woot on cyber monday, until later. Oh well.

edthebedhead

[x-post]

ThunderThighs wrote:I have very limited magical abilities in that area but let me ask around.

It only takes 1 superpower to be awesome.

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:Doesn't your S3 have Mobile Hotspot under your Settings?

Go to Settings, and then select "More settings" under "Wireless and Networks". It should be there as Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.

You missed the part where my Verizon plan does not allow for that. I've already tried that option and it says No.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:I'd like early entry but let me make sure hubby is okay with it. When do you think you'll be buying the tickets?

Not until I have 2 or 3 more!

Probably sometime next week, assuming people chime in on the thread.

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You missed the part where my Verizon plan does not allow for that. I've already tried that option and it says No.

I think everyone missed that part, since it's not mentioned.

I might have included it in my T-Mobile plan when I got my S3. Need to look.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Yo, Cali peeps: If you're thinking about coming out to the Ice Wine Festival in Jan, check out the deals that I found on SWA for those dates in the gatherings forum.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast