WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Zahtila Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Speed to First Woot:
0m 48.770s
First Sucker:
MarkDaSpark
Last Wooter to Woot:
ncw168
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 38% of Wine Woots
Top 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 43% of Wine Woots
Top 30% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 5% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 8% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 70% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 3% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 7% one year old
  • 89% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 79% bought 1
  • 19% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
2%
0%
0%
1%
7%
3%
6%
8%
6%
4%
8%
2%
7%
2%
7%
8%
3%
3%
3%
10%
1%
6%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

Zahtila Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Mix 3-Pack
$89.99 $̶1̶6̶4̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2006 Laura Zahtila Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
2007 Laura Zahtila Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Calistoga, Napa Valley
2008 Laura Zahtila Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Calistoga, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

Seems like a solid offer. If I were buying pricier bottles right now I wouldn't hesitate to buy this.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

So we had some of the 2006 from magnum at the wootception. While this was a terrible pairing for smoked pulled pork, it had a wonderful nose and excellent balance. The initial pour was very closed, but as I left a glass there until well after dinner, it opened up wonderfully. While this is a little more fruity and ripe than a Corison, it's still well within the range of delicious and food-worthy wine. And at this price it's seriously making me think about breaking the siwbm to make a vertical with my lone bottle of 2005.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

azn137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azn137

*sigh* Still no shipping to NY. Is the seller willing to make a deal with us like how Clark did last week?

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

The '07 Barlow Cab was my favorite Zahtila wine when we visited on the rpm tour. This offer contains two Barlow Cabs and the third Cab has Howell Mountain fruit. Interesting Zahtila vertical at a nice price. I'm in.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

We had the '07 and '08 Barlow last year on the RPM Veterans Tour.

Have to try to find any tasting notes.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:We had the '07 and '08 Barlow last year on the RPM Veterans Tour.

Have to try to find any tasting notes.

I recall enjoying all of them, but don't know where the hardcopy notes have gone. I also remember buying the 2005 because I thought it was the best QPR play for my tastes, but enjoying the 2007 or 2008 slightly more absent the price difference.

Now where's the Laura's Theme?!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsummmit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsummmit

what the what. I bought Zahtila wine from here before and it shipped to NY just fine. Whats the hold up now? I was so excited to see this offer until I saw it WOULDN'T Ship to me =(

free2day33611

quality posts: 2 Private Messages free2day33611

Looking back at my purchase of 2006 on woot reflected great wine, but the purchase was $20 (and that was before the implementation of the sales tax). Are the other two bottles so much better than the 2006 to justify the average of $30?

rwinerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwinerr

NY again?!?
"This item cannot be shipped to NY. Remove this wine from your order."
Jeeze I feel like I'm in Texas or some other state no one will ship to

jreyes7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreyes7

Did I miss something while I was on vacation?!?!? Are wines no longer being shipped to NY? Since when? Is this expected to change?
Thanks for the help and sorry if this was covered in a previous post.
-J

Malink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Malink

Haven't bought wine all year due to an overflowing wine fridge and overflow cabinet. However, I really like these cabs and am forced to go in. I lasted a long time this year, however, I can't pass these up. Damn you wine woot. I would put these as a close 2nd to Corison cabs. I think this may be my 5th or 6th Zahtila purchase so that should tell you something.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Soooo tempting,soooo out of room, just ordered a case of RBW, Red blend which I have no room for, tempting..........

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I've yet to be disappointed by any of Laura's wines. I'll have to think about this one.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

NY is a mess. Long story short: you're screwed.

Check last week's and this week's pubs for more details.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ladyofwine

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ladyofwine
azn137 wrote:*sigh* Still no shipping to NY. Is the seller willing to make a deal with us like how Clark did last week?

Yes, I can do it. I'm Laura, owner of Zahtila. Please contact me at the winery and I can ship directly to NY.

ladyofwine

Hey Everyone,
Laura Zahtila here...I see the comments about NY and I have a call into the Woot dude about getting NY added to the shipping list. I am legal to ship to NY so it was an oversight I am trying to fix. Please keep checking back so we can get you the wine you so richly deserve!

rowe79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowe79

These are wonderful wines from a great little winery. I would highly recommend buying these or making the trip to Calistoga.

MarkDaSpark

ladyofwine wrote:Hey Everyone,
Laura Zahtila here...I see the comments about NY and I have a call into the Woot dude about getting NY added to the shipping list. I am legal to ship to NY so it was an oversight I am trying to fix. Please keep checking back so we can get you the wine you so richly deserve!

It's not Wine.Woot per se, but the NY State Licensing Authority (NYSLA).

rjquillin wrote:full article
Wine Library vice president Brandon Warnke was unavailable for comment, but the NYSLA's letter is already making waves among the online wine retailer community. Online retailer Wine.Woot has changed its policy this week and is no longer shipping wine to New York. "Wine Library is a member of the National Association of Wine Retailers, so it's a concern for us. I'm concerned for our own store. I'm concerned for wine consumers in this country. This is not the direction we should be heading," Posner said. "We want to be opening up doors, not closing them."

They had a meeting last week or so, but not for consumers. So best bet is to contact your NY legislators and scream at them.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ladyofwine

Laura Zahtila here...

I am happy to honor this Wine Woot deal for NY wooters. Please PM me or call the winery as I don't have a quick fix on my e-commerce site to match this deal, we will have to do it verbally. I am legal in NY so I can ship. NY Wooters - please contact me so I can send you some of my delicious wine at a GREAT deal.

MarkDaSpark

free2day33611 wrote:Looking back at my purchase of 2006 on woot reflected great wine, but the purchase was $20 (and that was before the implementation of the sales tax). Are the other two bottles so much better than the 2006 to justify the average of $30?

It was also before the economic mess we are in. Costs go up, so prices go up.

This is also single vineyard sourcing, which costs more than sourcing from several sources (as the 2006 was).

Edit: Current price on the 2006 is $45, $52 for the 2008, and it looks like she's reserved the 2007 for us.

Anyway you look at it, this is a nice Vertical!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:....
Now where's the Laura's Theme?!

+1

ladyofwine

chipgreen wrote:+1

Well...we haven't made enough to offer it through Woot...you'll have to come directly to me for it. Thank you for your interest, it is quite yummy!

MarkDaSpark

ladyofwine wrote:Well...we haven't made enough to offer it through Woot...you'll have to come directly to me for it. Thank you for your interest, it is quite yummy!

It's made with PS, of course it is!

Luckily, I still have some left from last year (D&D in February and RPM Tour in July).

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda

I just bought some of Laura's wine last Friday when I visited the winery - including some of her Bentley cabs. Everything was good, and it was tough to limit my purchase.

As I just bought a few cases, I will have to pass on this.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 43 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I'm finally living in a state that allows wine shipments! Can anyone tell me what a "Black Tie Buy" is?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:NY is a mess. Long story short: you're screwed.

Check last week's and this week's pubs for more details.

Stay tuned on NY. We are working on it.

MarkDaSpark

skispeakeasy wrote:I'm finally living in a state that allows wine shipments! Can anyone tell me what a "Black Tie Buy" is?

Black Tie Buy indicates it's a more expensive wine on Wine.Woot than normal. But still a deal!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Black Tie Buy indicates it's a more expensive wine on Wine.Woot than normal. But still a deal!

You, of all people, should be able to provide the correct definition.

While a Black Tie Buy, generally designates a wine that is higher in price (or value) relative to other offerings, it is actually more related to the offering being a special offering due to it not be offered often (at least at a discount), having very limited quantites, or a special grouping of wines meeting one or all of the above criteria (in this instance, being a verticle of cabs not often offerred at a discount and certainly not readily available, probably small production as well?).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

klezman

ladyofwine wrote:Well...we haven't made enough to offer it through Woot...you'll have to come directly to me for it. Thank you for your interest, it is quite yummy!

I've got some, no worries Always nice to see you either at the winery or here in these parts. The biggest "problem" with this offer is that I'd rather have 3 sets, but don't even have the room to store a single set.

ladyofwine

klezman wrote:I've got some, no worries Always nice to see you either at the winery or here in these parts. The biggest "problem" with this offer is that I'd rather have 3 sets, but don't even have the room to store a single set.

Drink more, drink often!

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
klezman wrote:So we had some of the 2006 from magnum at the wootception.

It must've been very good, as the mag disappeared so quick, not a single drop made it to my glass

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:It must've been very good, as the mag disappeared so quick, not a single drop made it to my glass

Now, that's just VERY hard to fathom!

CT

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
Winedavid39 wrote:Stay tuned on NY. We are working on it.

Is NY's situation different than Va's?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
slm9951 wrote:Is NY's situation different than Va's?

I think so, although I'm not sure how.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

snitchie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snitchie

So no shipping to Pa. That sucks!

klezman

ladyofwine wrote:Drink more, drink often!

I'm trying! Two of us go through 3-5 bottles a week on our own. We have guests this weekend, though, so I'm hoping we get through at least a case in the next week

snkp360

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snkp360

Wow talk about serendipitous....

Literally just drive by Zahtila last week on my way to Palisades Wine Company and commented to my GF who was in the car with me on how awesome the last bottle I got on woot was, and how I needed to get some more.

For reference it was the 2005 Laura Zahtila Georges III Cab

Might have to pick up one of these three packs....

My CellarTracker

LAST PURCHASE: (2)Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack

2013: 1 Woot (6 Bottles)
2011: 2 Woots (6 Bottles)
2010: 12 Woots (37 Bottles)
2008: 1 Woot (6 Bottles)

I blame the bouncing button and flashing lights

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

bsevern wrote:It must've been very good, as the mag disappeared so quick, not a single drop made it to my glass

...I bet you woulda had a 'bsevern pour' of that..!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...