1%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1617 Private Messages Cesare

Living Whole Foods Mini Garden Stacker Kit with Seeds (Choose Your Color)
$29.99 $̶5̶6̶.̶9̶0̶ 47% off List Price
(1) Living Whole Foods Mini Garden Stacker Kit with Seeds (Choose Your Color); includes--
(3) Stackable Planters
(3) Drainage Inserts
(1) Drip Tray
(1) Chain
(1) Zippered Seed Collection Pouch

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Allieroon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Allieroon

Uhhhh...wha...???

CruelMelody

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CruelMelody

for growing grapes?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Why do I keep forgetting it's Thursday?

I keep hoping for some Pt. Reyes...

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Shouldn't this be on homewoot or tools&gardenwoot? Let's just call this throwaway Thursday. Disppointed in the offerings. Why not offer foreign wines on Thursday and put flower pots up on Saturday?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

a couple of good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at The O

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

I always look forward to Thursday hoping to see some jerky, pickles or some other fantastic food item, but no...garden pots?

rworth01

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rworth01

I have one of these that stacks 5 high. They need to be watered every day because all the water drains to the bottom section. I had terrible results with strawberries. I will probably see if I can convert it to a hydroponic system for next year.

chknchkr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chknchkr

The dollar store sell these. They are made in Israel. At the time I did not know what they where for so I did not mind them. Later I saw them at the home depot and they where being sold for $25.

iluvmyritz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iluvmyritz

I bought a much larger one of these summer before last from Amazon. It holds 30 quarts - not sure how much soil this small one holds. I placed mine on my back deck and planted tomato plants. Things didn't work out too well with that but I would think regular flowers would be good. Didn't even get it out of the shed last summer or this summer. The person who mentioned water going to the bottom plants is correct. When I finally use mine again, I will plant flowers that love dry soil in the top areas and others down below. Anyway, here's the link to the one I have that is a little more expensive but a lot bigger.
http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-RZJMEDI-Medium-Stack-A-Pot-30-Quart/dp/B002IYHIKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375954610&sr=8-1&keywords=stackable+pots

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

Woot, why not experiment with the non wine stuff on here whilst on a woot off.........so it doesn't take up the entire day????? Disappointed again with the offerings.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

nearchaos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nearchaos

I bought one from a local hardware store. Same price so the deal isn't super spectacular or anything. It works really well for small flowers. I also mixed in thyme and oregano. Would definitely not do tomatoes, not large enough. You have to distribute water evenly or it doesn't hang right. But it does look nice with flowers.

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM
jmdavidson wrote:Shouldn't this be on homewoot or tools&gardenwoot? Let's just call this throwaway Thursday. Disppointed in the offerings. Why not offer foreign wines on Thursday and put flower pots up on Saturday?

Yeah, what's the deal with this, I just don't get it. Did the world run out of wine ? This SHOULD be on Home or Tools & Garden, NOT on Wine. It's just plain annoying and not the slightest bit amusing.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
RaisinROM wrote:Yeah, what's the deal with this, I just don't get it. Did the world run out of wine ? This SHOULD be on Home or Tools & Garden, NOT on Wine. It's just plain annoying and not the slightest bit amusing.

Here a w(h)ine, there a w(h)ine, everywhere a w(h)ine; it fits right in.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

chilidogfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chilidogfood

Sigh. If I can't drink it or directly use it in the act of drinking, it doesnt belong on WW.

C'mon guys, you're better than this.

46 Wines Wooted

taelengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taelengirl

I'm disappointed in the long absence of the many unique and fine foods that have been offered over the years on woot. I've gotten many wonderful cheeses, meats, and chocolates that pair perfectly with wines. I've always looked forward to Thursdays (as I live in the dumb state of VA - no wine shipments here, boo), but lately... nothing.

rdand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdand

Maybe I'll go to Kroger today and buy some pants or maybe Radio Shack for some broccoli.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

Next Thursday will feature a refurbished Dyson "wine aerator" and a Shun "foil cutter."

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape

On topic with this item, three? I've considering finding (or building) a setup like this, so it seemed interesting. I thought, "for $30, there should be like 10 to 15 trays." Three? Yeah, no...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
taelengirl wrote:I'm disappointed in the long absence of the many unique and fine foods that have been offered over the years on woot. I've gotten many wonderful cheeses, meats, and chocolates that pair perfectly with wines. I've always looked forward to Thursdays (as I live in the dumb state of VA - no wine shipments here, boo), but lately... nothing.

Generally, food, chocolate, cheese, etc... items are not offered during the summer due to less-than-ideal shipping conditions.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette

I find it odd that Woot is burying the fact that this comes with seeds. There are no pictures of the seeds and the mention in the description brief until you scroll all the way down to the bottom. (And really, who does that besides me?)

I would have put the seeds in the first picture with the full kit...

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
Spazkatt wrote:I always look forward to Thursday hoping to see some jerky, pickles or some other fantastic food item, but no...garden pots?

And North316's continuing explanation about summer shipping falls apart when you realize that most of the food suggestions so far in this thread would ship just fine in summer. Along with the food offerings elsewhere on Woot. All of these would ship just fine in the summer. There are a number of teas here that would ship just fine. Here we have salt and corn chips that are impervious to the summer. How about some vinegar & mustard? And along with a couple of repeats, there are some unique offerings here. All of these in summer. (If I recall last year correctly, summer shipping was being flogged as an excuse right up into November.)

Anyway, I look forward to the bongs that will be coming next week for the full "herbal" experience. Glass ships great in the summer!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
editorkid wrote:And North316's continuing explanation about summer shipping falls apart when you realize that most of the food suggestions so far in this thread would ship just fine in summer.

Define "most"
Pt. Reyes; cheese, nope
jerky; ok
pickles; ok
cheeses; nope
meats; nope
chocolates; nope
4:2 nope:ok
"Most"?

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Spazkatt wrote:I always look forward to Thursday hoping to see some jerky, pickles or some other fantastic food item, but no...garden pots?

This is food related. It's DIY food:

Includes plenty of seeds:
Parsley
Lemon Basil
Thyme
Dill
Cilantro / Coriander
Sweet Marjoram
Oregano
Chives
Garlic Chives
Mustard
Savory
Sage

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

lozerette wrote:I find it odd that Woot is burying the fact that this comes with seeds. There are no pictures of the seeds and the mention in the description brief until you scroll all the way down to the bottom. (And really, who does that besides me?)

Yea, i think you are right. Seeds are included. noted for future.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lozerette wrote:I find it odd that Woot is burying the fact that this comes with seeds. There are no pictures of the seeds and the mention in the description brief until you scroll all the way down to the bottom. (And really, who does that besides me?)

Maybe because they're pretty boring? But here you go. I grabbed the sample:

The seeds are lovingly enclosed in coated white paper stock and printed with a lovely shade of black ink. There are about 1280 seeds!

They are packaged together in a durable foil bag with a resealable top.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

taz3781

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taz3781

If I went to the airport & they said, "HEY! Guess what? We're giving you a RARE chance to ride a BUS instead of an AIRPLANE today!", I would leave. Take your dumb planters and give us alcohol.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

no matter how you try and enhance it with 'look at the seeds it comes with ' it still looks like something sold at 3AM on ION tv.. saying.. if you call in the next 10 minutes.. we are going to throw in the seeds.. and a second set for free.. (just pay separate shipping and handling) My husband just loves when this kind of stuff comes up.. things I find easy to pass on, instead of 'why is UPS here again! we have no room!"

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

achoren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achoren

Agree on these not being in the right place....I want my wine! Having said that, I have been looking for a set of these - though these don't appear to be that great of a deal compared to other similar offerings, albeit, these come with seeds:

Home Depot $29.98 (free ship to store, free to home with $45 order):
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203052771?productId=203052771&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=BazVoice-_-RLP-_-203052771-_-x

Amazon $29.98 (free shipping and Prime eligible):
http://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Janes-Stacking-Planters-Patented/dp/B004R2Q4M0/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1360338989&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=stacking+planters

A different brand/size offering via Amazon $27.46 on up (same shipping deal)
http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-RZJMEDI-Medium-Stack-A-Pot-30-Quart/dp/B002IYHIKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375954610&sr=8-1&keywords=stackable+pots

Was hoping for a deal in a woot deal...or even wine in a woot wine posting...I guess some days you just can't win!

...and if you like the terracotta color, cheaper at Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nancy-Jane-Vertical-Gardening-Self-Watering-Terracotta-12-in-Stacking-Planters-3-Pack-Hanging-Set-P1360/203052769

[MOD: Those don't have seeds. *sniff*]

North316

So just to clarify, since apparently 80% of the wooters posting here are clueless.

THURSDAY is a NON-WINE day on Wine.Woot. It has been that since Wine.Woot went to daily offerings about 3 years ago. Get over it, or get used to it, and please stop asking why there is not wine being offered today.

I agree that THIS product shouldn't be here, since we have tools & garden woot now, but is still a non-wine item.

My CT

mdmlibrarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmlibrarian

Did anyone at Woot notice it is August? If you are north of the Mason Dixon line you only have about a month of growing season left. Forget trying to find flowers to plant. Woot should try this again in April or May.

carverd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carverd

Aww, my favorite comment in the entire posting list got deleted right before I tried to reply to it. Albeit, I understand why >.<. I don't even remember who it was. But whoever you are, you made me LoL my friend.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
flowerchild59 wrote:Woot, why not experiment with the non wine stuff on here whilst on a woot off.........so it doesn't take up the entire day????? Disappointed again with the offerings.

Great idea!

roadlizard7

mdmlibrarian wrote:Did anyone at Woot notice it is August? If you are north of the Mason Dixon line you only have about a month of growing season left. Forget trying to find flowers to plant. Woot should try this again in April or May.

Why would you live north of the Mason Dixon line? We still have 3-4 more months of summer to go.

roadlizard7

editorkid wrote:And North316's continuing explanation about summer shipping falls apart when you realize that most of the food suggestions so far in this thread would ship just fine in summer. Along with the food offerings elsewhere on Woot. All of these would ship just fine in the summer. There are a number of teas here that would ship just fine. Here we have salt and corn chips that are impervious to the summer. How about some vinegar & mustard? And along with a couple of repeats, there are some unique offerings here. All of these in summer. (If I recall last year correctly, summer shipping was being flogged as an excuse right up into November.)

Anyway, I look forward to the bongs that will be coming next week for the full "herbal" experience. Glass ships great in the summer!

Try using wine in your bong. Imparts extra delicious flavors to your favorite smoke.

taelengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taelengirl
North316 wrote:Generally, food, chocolate, cheese, etc... items are not offered during the summer due to less-than-ideal shipping conditions.

True the summer shipping-- BUT when I perused my purchases over the years, within the months of June to August, I've bought pasta, truffle oil, olive oil, caramel creams, charcuterie, grilling butters, truffle butter, balsamic vinegar, and Point Reyes cheese (in June).

These are the offerings I miss.

sh90706

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sh90706
chknchkr wrote:The dollar store sell these. They are made in Israel. At the time I did not know what they where for so I did not mind them. Later I saw them at the home depot and they where being sold for $25.

How much are they at the dollar store?

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Well, maybe you can put wine bottles in each pocket and ice for a stacking bottle chiller? Just trying to work with what they are giving us.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

North316

taelengirl wrote:True the summer shipping-- BUT when I perused my purchases over the years, within the months of June to August, I've bought pasta, truffle oil, olive oil, caramel creams, charcuterie, grilling butters, truffle butter, balsamic vinegar, and Point Reyes cheese (in June).

These are the offerings I miss.

And woot has learned, over the years, that after countless refunds issued for products damaged by heat during the summer months, that it is no longer cost-effective to offer such products during these times.

My CT