MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

That is the question!

PoSt away folks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 28

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

August
8/3: NorCal #19: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #27.5 - If we open them, he will come
8/10: Chicago: Cocktails in the Garden
8/24: The Wootception!!!

September
9/7: NorCal #20: NorCal + SoCal -- PS Night
9/28: SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux

October
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Finally found the Breaker Finder. It was hiding with the underarm deodorant spares.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Finally found the Breaker Finder. It was hiding with the underarm deodorant spares.

Where you put it so you'd remember where it was. Although I fail to see the connection between your underarms and a breaker finder.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Finally found the Breaker Finder. It was hiding with the underarm deodorant spares.

"Breaker Finder"; are we speaking of an electronic gizmo you plug into a socket then go sniff at a breaker panel for the tracer signal?

CT

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Where you put it so you'd remember where it was. Although I fail to see the connection between your underarms and a breaker finder.

I think both shipments came in around the same time. Could have sworn I put it someplace else. Stupid Gremlins!

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:"Breaker Finder"; are we speaking of an electronic gizmo you plug into a socket then go sniff at a breaker panel for the tracer signal?

Yes. The writing has faded, so I don't know which circuits are which (after 20 years). Thought it might be a good idea to figure them out.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes. The writing has faded, so I don't know which circuits are which (after 20 years). Thought it might be a good idea to figure them out.

Recently had occasion to do the same here, in prep for the solar installation and juggling of breakers in the panel. In my sleuthing, I got ambiguous reading for a good number of circuits, where branch wires are parallel for a distance. Additionally, it's not always handy to adapt to lighting and other equipment circuits.

While I did use it for an initial guide, I ended up making a drawing of all outlets, switches, lighting, devices and cycled breakers ON one at a time to verify results. What a pita.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes. The writing has faded, so I don't know which circuits are which (after 20 years). Thought it might be a good idea to figure them out.

rjquillin wrote:Recently had occasion to do the same here, in prep for the solar installation and juggling of breakers in the panel. In my sleuthing, I got ambiguous reading for a good number of circuits, where branch wires are parallel for a distance. Additionally, it's not always handy to adapt to lighting and other equipment circuits.

While I did use it for an initial guide, I ended up making a drawing of all outlets, switches, lighting, devices and cycled breakers ON one at a time to verify results. What a pita.

Wow, guys -- way to stimulate a conversation! Where'd everybody go?

rjquillin

Questionable corks;

I posted some pics a week or so ago of a cork with longitudinal grooving that spoiled a bottle of UnOaked Chard purchased here recently. Last night I pulled another cork from the same batch, and this one, while lacking the grooving, was wet from the inside all the way to the capsule. That's one bad and one questionable now from a batch of eight. This bottle however wasn't 'bad'.

I really hadn't intended to drink any of these this soon, but these corks now have me concerned. Anyone else seeing issues with these?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I don't know if anyone has been following this product, but I'm pretty sure one will be mine very soon.

Spoiler alert: it's a wine preserver that allows you to extract a taste to a glass of wine without having to open an entire bottle. Restaurants are, I'm guessing, their huge target.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I don't know if anyone has been following this product, but I'm pretty sure one will be mine very soon.

Spoiler alert: it's a wine preserver that allows you to extract a taste to a glass of wine without having to open an entire bottle. Restaurants are, I'm guessing, their huge target.

Uh-oh looks like Ron's big a@@ AR tank might have to be retired

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tytiger58 wrote:Uh-oh looks like Ron's big a@@ AR tank might have to be retired

His tank will probably be significantly cheaper than this, especially considering refills on those tiny cannisters.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rjquillin wrote:Questionable corks;

I posted some pics a week or so ago of a cork with longitudinal grooving that spoiled a bottle of UnOaked Chard purchased here recently. Last night I pulled another cork from the same batch, and this one, while lacking the grooving, was wet from the inside all the way to the capsule. That's one bad and one questionable now from a batch of eight. This bottle however wasn't 'bad'.

I really hadn't intended to drink any of these this soon, but these corks now have me concerned. Anyone else seeing issues with these?

Which unoaked chards are you referring to? I bought 2 recently as well but haven't opened any of either one. May need to.

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Heading home in a few hours. Sad & glad at the same time. 😉

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Which unoaked chards are you referring to? I bought 2 recently as well but haven't opened any of either one. May need to.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
bahwm wrote:Heading home in a few hours. Sad & glad at the same time. 😉

Thanks for sharing your travels with us. Have a great flight (flights?)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Heading home in a few hours. Sad & glad at the same time. 😉

safe travels back!!

mommadeb1

made it back home.. long ride home.. now back to reality.... got a really cool signed print at a consignment shop..looked it up online and it appears to be worth way more than I paid... which is a bonus....especially since I LOVE it!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
rjquillin wrote:

It's all so much clearer now

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
cheron98 wrote:It's all so much clearer now

What she said.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:I don't know if anyone has been following this product, but I'm pretty sure one will be mine very soon.

I'd rather have Ron's system

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:What she said.

PM's sent...

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

Forgive me, Father, for I have zinned.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:So far, so good. I've only bought wine twice this month (3rd & 10th). Fingers crossed that WD doesn't put up Corison, Caton, SH, etc. up between now and Thursday!

Darn you WD! Darn you to Heck!

ThunderThighs

Staff

I hate it when I put up a clever/funny/sarcastic quality post and nobody noticed.

Good morning!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:I hate it when I put up a clever/funny/sarcastic quality post and nobody noticed.

Good morning!

Could it be we just now expect those from you?

Exactly which comment was that now..?

CT

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I hate it when I put up a clever/funny/sarcastic quality post and nobody noticed.

Good morning!

Now you know how we feel when you don't notice!!!

And we always notice!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

So, it's now just a month til we're in Las Vegas for the long Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be around and want to drink wine?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:So, it's now just a month til we're in Las Vegas for the long Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be around and want to drink wine?

We haven't had a gathering in Vegas in a while!

bahwm

InFrom wrote:Thanks for sharing your travels with us. Have a great flight (flights?)

Thanks. Flights. Paris Charles de Gaulle to Atlanta and then, Atlanta to Buffalo. I'll probably add some more thoughts once we get settled at home. I think one of our first things will be to get some food in the house and to get laundry going! Back to normal! It will probably be an early night tonight--I got about an hour & a half of broken sleep before we had to get up this am and probably got 3 - 4 hours on the plane. Gotta shut down the phone now.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Could it be we just now expect those from you?

Exactly which comment was that now..?

//snickers

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now you know how we feel when you don't notice!!!

And we always notice!

I try! One of my goals is not to be here 24/7 though. I'm supposed to have a life... at least that's what I'm told.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I try! One of my goals is not to be here 24/7 though. I'm supposed to have a life... at least that's what I'm told.

Lies!! They told you lies!!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

We haven't had a gathering in Vegas in a while!

I think mr. Mommadeb has some business in Vegas.. I can't remember if it is Sept. or October...

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I think mr. Mommadeb has some business in Vegas.. I can't remember if it is Sept. or October...

Obviously it needs to be early Sept.!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Obviously it needs to be early Sept.!

well...turns out it's the middle of october....

bahwm

We're home safe and sound. Made a random stop at our local FedEx/Kinkos on the way home, and low and behold there was a package waiting for us--something that ddeuddeg had ordered! One of the workers said that she told whomever, not to bother calling because we were on vacation out of the country! It worked!

We stopped to get some food supplies and got home to find that ddeuddeg's front garden and flowers beds and barrels received a Buffalo in Bloom Award! Our neighbor kid did a nice job watering while we were away, Next, the lawn needs to be mowed!

It was sooooo good to pick up some salmon and broccoli (sorry Sparky) and just broil the salmon make a simple yogurt dill sauce, steamed broccoli and some orzo with Romano cheese with a little butter and pepper. One of OUR simple dinners. We served it with an '09 Sonoma Valley Decoy Zin.

Too funny: we've been eating a lot throughout the day but I was famished by 7 PM Buffalo time! We were up at 3 AM for a final packing and departure from the hotel in Paris at 5 AM! As of this posting, we have been up for 24 hours! We had some pastries and a café crème at the airport--it really was quite excellent, Then, we had breakfast on the plane about an hour and a half after we left. There were some snacks and then a pizza panini and some ice cream. We shared some loaded fries and a quesadilla at the airport in Atlanta.

One load of laundry done. ddeuddeg is showered in a proper shower--we have been battling with a 25 inch square shower every day since last Thurs in Paris. Try it sometime--you won't like it! I'm next! It'll be good to sleep in our bed again and not have to deal with the AC in Paris blowing directly on my head! I had been sleeping with a t-shirt over my head! However, in Oviedo, many nights we were hot! Enough babble--it's good to be home! It was a great trip, but it's good to be home!

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:We're home safe and sound.

We stopped to get some food supplies and got home to find that ddeuddeg's front garden and flowers beds and barrels received a Buffalo in Bloom Award!

I'd have guessed this for a woot filter, clearly I'm not from the East.

Welcome home, safely.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:We're home safe and sound. Made a random stop at our local FedEx/Kinkos on the way home, and low and behold there was a package waiting for us--something that ddeuddeg had ordered! One of the workers said that she told whomever, not to bother calling because we were on vacation out of the country! It worked!

We stopped to get some food supplies and got home to find that ddeuddeg's front garden and flowers beds and barrels received a Buffalo in Bloom Award! Our neighbor kid did a nice job watering while we were away, Next, the lawn needs to be mowed!

It was sooooo good to pick up some salmon and broccoli (sorry Sparky) and just broil the salmon make a simple yogurt dill sauce, steamed broccoli and some orzo with Romano cheese with a little butter and pepper. One of OUR simple dinners. We served it with an '09 Sonoma Valley Decoy Zin.

Too funny: we've been eating a lot throughout the day but I was famished by 7 PM Buffalo time! We were up at 3 AM for a final packing and departure from the hotel in Paris at 5 AM! As of this posting, we have been up for 24 hours! We had some pastries and a café crème at the airport--it really was quite excellent, Then, we had breakfast on the plane about an hour and a half after we left. There were some snacks and then a pizza panini and some ice cream. We shared some loaded fries and a quesadilla at the airport in Atlanta.

One load of laundry done. ddeuddeg is showered in a proper shower--we have been battling with a 25 inch square shower every day since last Thurs in Paris. Try it sometime--you won't like it! I'm next! It'll be good to sleep in our bed again and not have to deal with the AC in Paris blowing directly on my head! I had been sleeping with a t-shirt over my head! However, in Oviedo, many nights we were hot! Enough babble--it's good to be home! It was a great trip, but it's good to be home!

Sounds like a pretty normal day for you guys.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm

North316 wrote:Sounds like a pretty normal day for you guys.

Yep, except for the 10.5 hours flying plus additional time sitting on the plane waiting for take-off, etc.!