Renwood Lodi Zinfandel Case
$69.99 $̶1̶3̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 49% off List Price
2007 Renwood Zinfandel, Lodi
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

That's a lot of zin.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 28

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

August
8/3: NorCal #19: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #27.5 - If we open them, he will come
8/10: Chicago: Cocktails in the Garden
8/24: The Wootception!!!

September
9/7: NorCal #20: NorCal + SoCal -- PS Night
9/28: SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux

October
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

The CT community recommends drinking by 2012. Any comments on drinkability by the even more influential Wine.Woot community?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

One of these rolled off the back of a FedEx truck as it drove past my house the other day so I snatched it up and decided to give it a whirl...

Dark brick-red in the glass with almost no legs. Raspberry compote and strawberry jam on the nose. Light-bodied, thin mouthfeel. Sour cherries on the entry with plum, baking spice and mild oak in mid-palate. The spice and oak follow through into the short-medium finish and the sour cherries reappear along with subtle tannins. After being opened for an hour the oak developed a slightly sweet note and there is a bit more fruit on the palate, mostly raspberry.

Overall, a pretty basic/simple Zin that would be good for pizza night. After being opened for 2 hours, it started to develop some stewed fruit flavors, so I would say that this is a "drink now" wine. Give it 30 minutes of air or run it through an aerator to bring out the fruit a little before drinking.

1trubob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1trubob

Enticing reviews @ cellar tracker:
http://www.cellartracker.com/notes.asp?iWine=644754 .

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Anyone in NH up to split one of this? Curious given the age but if it truly is 'drink now' I won't go through a whole case quick enough...

aequitas111

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aequitas111
chipgreen wrote:One of these rolled off the back of a FedEx truck as it drove past my house the other day so I snatched it up and decided to give it a whirl...

Dark brick-red in the glass with almost no legs. Raspberry compote and strawberry jam on the nose. Light-bodied, thin mouthfeel. Sour cherries on the entry with plum, baking spice and mild oak in mid-palate. The spice and oak follow through into the short-medium finish and the sour cherries reappear along with subtle tannins. After being opened for an hour the oak developed a slightly sweet note and there is a bit more fruit on the palate, mostly raspberry.

Overall, a pretty basic/simple Zin that would be good for pizza night. After being opened for 2 hours, it started to develop some stewed fruit flavors, so I would say that this is a "drink now" wine. Give it 30 minutes of air or run it through an aerator to bring out the fruit a little before drinking.

Sooooo is it worth picking up, the price is good. Anyone up for a split in Las Vegas NV?

Atllthrmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atllthrmn

Would like to make another purchase from this winery. But I haven't recieved my last order from the 15th of July.

chipgreen

aequitas111 wrote:Sooooo is it worth picking up, the price is good. Anyone up for a split in Las Vegas NV?

It's worth picking up if you have a need or desire for a case of inexpensive Zin that isn't "Plonk". You're not going to impress anybody with this wine (despite the attractive label) but for around $7/bottle delivered to your door, what can you expect?

You're basically getting $10 wine at a 30% discount (once tax & shipping are figured in). If you generally don't like $10 wine to begin with, saving 30% isn't going to change your mind. OTOH, this is a very good deal for what it is - as long as you don't expect it to drink like $15-$20 Zin.

chipgreen

wordek wrote:Anyone in NH up to split one of this? Curious given the age but if it truly is 'drink now' I won't go through a whole case quick enough...

By "drink now", I'm referring to drinking them up within the next 6-12 months but the sooner the better.

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive

I also bought the July 15th offering, and also have yet to receive it.

However, I would like to give this a try, but not interested in a full case. Anyone from the Denver (Littleton preferably) interested in splitting a case?

beckyswanson81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyswanson81
Live2Dive wrote:I also bought the July 15th offering, and also have yet to receive it.

However, I would like to give this a try, but not interested in a full case. Anyone from the Denver (Littleton preferably) interested in splitting a case?

I do not live in Littleton, but I do live in Golden and would be interested in splitting a case! How does this typically work?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For those asking about the July 15 sale:

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

I had a chance to open a bottle with hubby a while back. I dug out the notes from that evening:

Pop and pour - raspberry on the nose with just a hint of oak. Color was a deep red, with a hit of cocoa. Definitely a lighter bodied Zin. As chipgreen stated - raspberry, sour cherries and a touch of oak. A lot of acidity on the end but no heat at all.

I ran a glass through the Vinturi and it seemed to lose it's acidity, gained a little clove and became sweeter with a touch of vanilla.

Hubby preferred it aerated, he felt it lost some fruit and became spicier as he prefers his zin. I preferred it straight from the bottle because the acidity balanced well with the tomato sauce we were having for dinner, even making the sauce taste sweeter.

I agree with chip on the value, it's a good wine to have on hand for pizza or other nights you want an inexpensive selection.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

renwoodwinery

quality posts: 17 Private Messages renwoodwinery

Hello My name is Jon Affonso and I am the Assistant Winemaker for Renwood Winery. I will be checking on the web site periodically to see if there are questions that I might be able to answer. Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind. I hope to be of service and, more importantly, I hope you enjoy the wine.

renwoodwinery

ThunderThighs wrote:For those asking about the July 15 sale:

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

In regards to shipping, this is usually not my area of expertise, but I will inquire about it with those that are and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

renwoodwinery

nmachen wrote:The CT community recommends drinking by 2012. Any comments on drinkability by the even more influential Wine.Woot community?

I have just opened a bottle of the 2007 Lodi Zin to try to speak intelligently about its drinkability. While I do not know if it is the breakfast of champions (don't pour over your cornflakes), I can say that this wine is still as fruity as ever. Bright cherry, blackberry and pomegranate are still the hallmarks of this wine and its' acidity and luscious mouthfeel make this wine a balanced, fresh berry bomb that is delicious and ready to drink.

kmdonovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmdonovan
beckyswanson81 wrote:I do not live in Littleton, but I do live in Golden and would be interested in splitting a case! How does this typically work?

I live in Arvada, work in Golden if you haven't found someone to split with.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
kmdonovan wrote:I live in Arvada, work in Golden if you haven't found someone to split with.

Nice to see all the Colorado folks posting on the boards!

I'm in central Denver, work downtown, willing to grab 3-4 bottles.

Seems like it's just about time for another gathering too.

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn

I'd be in for a Denver split, let me know.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

A zin that fits my oppressive wine budget! It's a miracle!

Can anyone compare this to Alexander Valley Temptation Zin?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
capitalsfn wrote:I'd be in for a Denver split, let me know.

PM for you

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive
beckyswanson81 wrote:I do not live in Littleton, but I do live in Golden and would be interested in splitting a case! How does this typically work?

I'm not exactly sure, as I have always consumed everything I've ordered. I have no problem ordering the case and just splitting the cost when it gets here. If anyone is interested, shoot me a private message and I'll pull the trigger!

Paul

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
wordek wrote:Anyone in NH up to split one of this? Curious given the age but if it truly is 'drink now' I won't go through a whole case quick enough...

PM in your box.

All who wander are not lost.

fp014a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fp014a
renwoodwinery wrote:In regards to shipping, this is usually not my area of expertise, but I will inquire about it with those that are and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Is it possible to extend the shipping out longer? I'd prefer to have it ship in October or November if at all possible.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

fp014a wrote:Is it possible to extend the shipping out longer? I'd prefer to have it ship in October or November if at all possible.

Hello. Special care is given when shipping wine during this time of year.

We've become really good at it.

Focus on timing, reefer trucks, packaging, all work together to ensure wine is delivered safe and sound. if there is a (rare) problem, contact support@woot.

thanks,

WD

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Is the 2-day shipping option worth the extra $3? I'm on the fence about this purchase but am pulled by the cost effectiveness! This seems to be a good, any-day drinker.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:Focus on timing, reefer trucks, packaging, all work together to ensure wine is delivered safe and sound.

Wait wait wait. I have never had a delivery from a reefer truck!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

abyra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abyra
kmdonovan wrote:I live in Arvada, work in Golden if you haven't found someone to split with.

I live in Golden - I'm willing to split a case. Maybe we should combine with everyone and just go sit in the park with our case(s)

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:Wait wait wait. I have never had a delivery from a reefer truck!!

You mean...?

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

A bottle of this fell off the hot FedEx truck earlier this afternoon and I had to wait for it to cool off to sample it. I agree with the general consensus. It had a nice garnet color, a little lighter than other Zins I have but that is probably a result of the Zin/Syrah/Viognier mix. It had a pleasant, fruity nose with a touch of floral. Upon tasting I found it smooth, mellow, light, and as others said, a bit thin on the palate.

If you enjoy a lighter red wine that doesn't overwhelm you in either the nose or the palate, this is an excellent buy. I'd decant or vinturi a little as noted in another review and perhaps even chill it down a bit. I even think it would make a great sangria. It's actually right up my spouse's alley and I'm curious at the reaction over dinner tonight. Will post more if anything significant is noted.

Again - recommend at this price point if this style appeals to you. I think Renwood is putting out decent wines at prices more people can afford.

beckyswanson81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyswanson81
Live2Dive wrote:I'm not exactly sure, as I have always consumed everything I've ordered. I have no problem ordering the case and just splitting the cost when it gets here. If anyone is interested, shoot me a private message and I'll pull the trigger!

Paul

PM sent

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Okay, can anyone compare this to a Dancing Bull zin?

chipgreen

Day 2 Update: The nose has developed a Jolly Rancher/candied apple characteristic and the wine seems somehow juicier than yesterday. Still thin, but juicy. Vacu-vin'd it overnight and it held up better than expected. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's better on day 2 but it does seem more integrated and the fruit is a little brighter - less of the sour cherry component which I didn't like, so in that sense it is better today. Pleasantly surprised.

chipgreen

InFrom wrote:You mean...?

Is that Tommy Chong or rjquillin? Oh, and who is that on the right - Paul Reubens or HAK42?

Hammmmmburger!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Da blinkin' lights!

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:
Is that Tommy Chong or rjquillin? Oh, and who is that on the right - Paul Reubens or HAK42?

Hammmmmburger!

Ha! I'd have to dye my hair, or find a time machine for 2003; and get a tat!

CT

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas
kylemittskus wrote:Wait wait wait. I have never had a delivery from a reefer truck!!

Hm Hm, me either