noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Not a single offering yet that has caused even the slightest tremor in my WBM. Do others feel the same?

rpm


quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
noslensj wrote:Not a single offering yet that has caused even the slightest tremor in my WBM. Do others feel the same?



don't know about anyone else, but the only think I've found of interest are the Pinots on woot.plus....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

pseudogourmet98


quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

At 22 hours into the woot-off and only 13 offerings I'd say many (most?) are feeling the same thing.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
pseudogourmet98 wrote:At 22 hours into the woot-off and only 13 offerings I'd say many (most?) are feeling the same thing.


Thirteen offers, and only seven of them wine. I can't get excited about the non-wine items. Most of them can be found elsewhere. Not so for most wines, which, due to limited distribution and/or availability, might only be found here or might be cost-prohibitive from other sources.

I'm on a SIWBM, but there are a few items (all wines) that I could get excited enough about to consider breaking the WBM for. If they're only going to be able to put up 7 or 8 wine offers per day, the chances that one of those will be a favorite is low.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

So far, my wallet is safe

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
noslensj wrote:Not a single offering yet that has caused even the slightest tremor in my WBM. Do others feel the same?



Pretty much. Have a case and a half of ardente still so that was a no go, other than that... Meh. I got turned off of still an brown when I got a black zeppelin PS a while ago and it was nowhere as good as billed (IMHO).

Not much would move my needle though. Still endeavoring to get my stock DOWN to 300.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rpm


quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
cmaldoon wrote:Pretty much. Have a case and a half of ardente still so that was a no go, other than that... Meh. I got turned off of still an brown when I got a black zeppelin PS a while ago and it was nowhere as good as billed (IMHO).

Not much would move my needle though. Still endeavoring to get my stock DOWN to 300.



300 cases is a pretty significant cellar....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rpm wrote:300 cases is a pretty significant cellar....



Laughs..l I guess I did leave the article hanging there.... Bottles.

300 cases is IMHO too much for personal consumption. I don't think I can make a case for much more than 1000 bottles based on personal consumption. 300 is my current personal limit/target until I have a house and a cellar of my own to lay them down in.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
rpm wrote:don't know about anyone else, but the only think I've found of interest are the Pinots on woot.plus....



That's pretty much where I am too. Should something appear on the main site that moves me to buy, I'll probably get some PN at the same time so I can put both in one cart. If not, I'll probably pull the trigger at Wootplus after the wootoff ends.

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Laughs..l I guess I did leave the article hanging there.... Bottles.

300 cases is IMHO too much for personal consumption. I don't think I can make a case for much more than 1000 bottles based on personal consumption. 300 is my current personal limit/target until I have a house and a cellar of my own to lay them down in.



I'd love to get molarchae's and my combined stash down to 500. 400 would be even better since then it would fit in our on-site storage options.

The Geyser Peak interested me until I saw the CT value. The Ardente would have got me if I wasn't so full. My bar for purchasing is really high these days.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
klezman wrote:I'd love to get molarchae's and my combined stash down to 500. 400 would be even better since then it would fit in our on-site storage options.

The Geyser Peak interested me until I saw the CT value. The Ardente would have got me if I wasn't so full. My bar for purchasing is really high these days.



I pretty much agree with this on all accounts, except that I'm trying to get my stash down to 200, not 500.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

The SH Barbera might crack a WBM or 2. Time will tell.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rpm


quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
ddeuddeg wrote:The SH Barbera might crack a WBM or 2. Time will tell.



Hope so, great juice! And such fond memories of Scott and Jana's amazing hospitality!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rpm wrote:Hope so, great juice! And such fond memories of Scott and Jana's amazing hospitality!



It's great stuff, but at nearly $27 per bottle after tax and shipping, not exactly priced to move.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:I pretty much agree with this on all accounts, except that I'm trying to get my stash down to 200, not 500.


I'll help ya, send the Cabs my way


moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
North316 wrote:It's great stuff, but at nearly $27 per bottle after tax and shipping, not exactly priced to move.


+1

I thought about it, then did the math.

EDIT: And for me, it's nearly $28 per bottle.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Can't be all bad, they did have Ardente

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Shouldn't it now be called Fredente? I am loving WTSO cheapskate. Orders already have a Fed Ex number. Meanwhile I am still waiting for an order from WW completed in early June.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
emmabean2000 wrote:Shouldn't it now be called Fredente? I am loving WTSO cheapskate. Orders already have a Fed Ex number. Meanwhile I am still waiting for an order from WW completed in early June.



I would love cheapskate Wednesdays if you could mix bottles for the free shipping, or just have it be free shipping like LB does on their marathon sales. There are a lot of things I would buy there, but none that I need/want 4 of.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
emmabean2000 wrote:Shouldn't it now be called Fredente? I am loving WTSO cheapskate. Orders already have a Fed Ex number. Meanwhile I am still waiting for an order from WW completed in early June.



Probably because they were waiting for cooler weather to ship, and now with Summer Shipping, it's on the refrigerator truck. You won't see a tracking number until it reaches the hub and gets into the system.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:I would love cheapskate Wednesdays if you could mix bottles for the free shipping, or just have it be free shipping like LB does on their marathon sales. There are a lot of things I would buy there, but none that I need/want 4 of.


+1

Not been watching closely, much of interest showed up today?

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:The SH Barbera might crack a WBM or 2. Time will tell.



It's been tempting me ...


So, has anyone gotten a Board of Circuits yet? Looks like they've got hints on the Woot side ("Help Professor Crapschmidt solve his Master Equation" Math related! UGH!!) where if you solve the problem, you append it to the end of the url and it takes you to the Board of Circuits Until that one sells out.

They've had at least 10 clues so far. Each one is a different url.


And the "If I'm Running, Zombies are Chasing me" tempted me as well!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
emmabean2000 wrote:Shouldn't it now be called Fredente? I am loving WTSO cheapskate. Orders already have a Fed Ex number. Meanwhile I am still waiting for an order from WW completed in early June.



lol
picked up some Alexander Valley Cabernet Yokayo 'Buteo' 2007 on Cheapskate abut an hr ago, and yes they a FAST on shipping

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:I would love cheapskate Wednesdays if you could mix bottles for the free shipping, or just have it be free shipping like LB does on their marathon sales. There are a lot of things I would buy there, but none that I need/want 4 of.



LB ? ? anoth site I should know about?

joelsisk


quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
fredrinaldi wrote:LB ? ? anoth site I should know about?



lastbottle.com

PM if you want a referral

tiger7610


quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

For people who missed it, and I'm pissed at wootilyzer because it lags, shirt.woot just had a PS3 500G for 100 bundled in with a shirt.

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:The SH Barbera might crack a WBM or 2. Time will tell.



Cracked mine...wish I'd gone in when it was a woot+ deal and a few $ cheaper. But $28.10 each is still approximately club pricing if I were in the club and picked up locally.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:Cracked mine...wish I'd gone in when it was a woot+ deal and a few $ cheaper. But $28.10 each is still approximately club pricing if I were in the club and picked up locally.


Yep, I've got a couple bottles that I paid $32 for at club pricing + shipping.

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Cracked mine...wish I'd gone in when it was a woot+ deal and a few $ cheaper. But $28.10 each is still approximately club pricing if I were in the club and picked up locally.


Club, tax and shipping to SoCal is 32.9633/btl.

Speaking of SH, which winery has a TR just across the street? My brain is addled.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tiger7610 wrote:For people who missed it, and I'm pissed at wootilyzer because it lags, shirt.woot just had a PS3 500G for 100 bundled in with a shirt.



Now you tell me!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Club, tax and shipping to SoCal is 32.9633/btl.

Speaking of SH, which winery has a TR just across the street? My brain is addled.



TR????


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:TR????

Geeze, TastingRoom.
Actually it was more of a bar and four or five stools with equipment all around, but it qualifies just the same.
We went there, purchased, just don't recall who it was.

CT

merbill


quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
tiger7610 wrote:For people who missed it, and I'm pissed at wootilyzer because it lags, shirt.woot just had a PS3 500G for 100 bundled in with a shirt.



You had no shot at it. All 5 buyers were in Texas, home of woot. Insider trading lives!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

WTSO Is kicking WW Wootoff's behind

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:WTSO Is kicking WW Wootoff's behind


It would help if there wasn't a corkscrew or a jar of caramel sauce between each wine offer.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:It would help if there wasn't a corkscrew or a jar of caramel sauce between each wine offer.



And if they didn't wait 3 hours to determine that each item just simply is not going to sell out.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:WTSO Is kicking WW Wootoff's behind



I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately w00t offs have become very formulaic, I guess we have Amazon to thank for that.

I missed the days of old w00t.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Geeze, TastingRoom.
Actually it was more of a bar and four or five stools with equipment all around, but it qualifies just the same.
We went there, purchased, just don't recall who it was.


That's the one I skipped and got chastised by Sparky. It's David Fulton Winery.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bsevern wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately w00t offs have become very formulaic, I guess we have Amazon to thank for that.

I missed the days of old w00t.



+1

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

not fair ANOTHER Cab on WTSO,
I need another 100 bottle wine rack