$57.99 $̶1̶4̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 59% off List Price
2006 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley
CT link above

Winery website

[MOD: Updated pricing.]

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

The price on this one is awfully steep compared to Cellartracker's community average price of $25.18 per 750 ml bottle and not super high ratings from tasting notes.

Am I missing something?

racheric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racheric

yeah here's a site with a better price:

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1054866

looks like woot is doing us wrong here . . .

[MOD: Out of Stock]

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

[quote postid="5410950"] [MOD: Out of Stock][/quote]

Still, a $15/bottle difference? Thought WW prices were supposed to be lower than others....

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Yeah, something looks odd here. I suspect some wires got crossed somewhere. The 2007 CS is $50 on their website and an extra year of ageing typically isn't 30% more money. I'm thinking WD or Neil should weigh in here.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

klezman wrote:Yeah, something looks odd here. I suspect some wires got crossed somewhere. The 2007 CS is $50 on their website and an extra year of ageing typically isn't 30% more money. I'm thinking WD or Neil should weigh in here.

yep, something is wonky. We will get to the bottom of this shortly.

ThatKoolChica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThatKoolChica

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/geyser-peak-2006-reserve-cabernet-sauvignon-sonoma-alexander-valley

racheric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racheric

This one is in stock and will still save you a bit of money:

http://www.grapeswine.com/product-p/1523287.htm?referer=ws

racheric wrote:yeah here's a site with a better price:

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1054866

looks like woot is doing us wrong here . . .

[MOD: Out of Stock]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

Price has been lowered to $57.99. Hopefully that suits your tastes a bit better.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

klezman

ThunderThighs wrote: PRICE CHANGE

Price has been lowered to $57.99. Hopefully that suits your tastes a bit better.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

You know you can't put anything past this community I think the original price was for the previous Geyser Peak offer last month. Thanks for the correction.

Now we have a nice wine being offered at a nice price! I've had other Geyser Peak wines in the past and have enjoyed them. 40-50% off retail (depending on how you want to include shipping) makes for a well priced wine.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Winedavid39 wrote:yep, something is wonky. We will get to the bottom of this shortly.

I bet you love getting these calls at 10:30 pm

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Also, just to keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answering all the questions in that thread rather than on every thread on every site.

If you're having problems ordering, don't hesitate to speak up, of course.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Also, just to keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answering all the questions in that thread rather than on every thread on every site.

boo.... the end of $5 shipping all day. I guess it had to end sometime. This really will suck for the upcoming wootoffs. My wine buying needed to slow down/stop anyway.

I predict sales will drop sharply across all sites... especially on the woot plus items. It may however improve the bottom line for am... I mean woot.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
trifecta wrote:boo.... the end of $5 shipping all day. I guess it had to end sometime. This really will suck for the upcoming wootoffs. My wine buying needed to slow down/stop anyway.

I predict sales will drop sharply across all sites... especially on the woot plus items. It may however improve the bottom line for am... I mean woot.

"the end of $5 shipping all day."
Say it ain't so Joe

Your right about slowing down buys during woot offs.

mutts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutts

This is tempting.

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew
trifecta wrote:boo.... the end of $5 shipping all day. I guess it had to end sometime. This really will suck for the upcoming wootoffs. My wine buying needed to slow down/stop anyway.

+ 1

and - boo

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
trifecta wrote:boo.... the end of $5 shipping all day. [...] It may however improve the bottom line for am... I mean woot.

There is only one possible scenario in which this improves their bottom line: if they were previously shipping lots of small orders (impulse purchases) at a loss. That may well be the case: there are plenty of times I bit on a cheap offer during a woot-off simply because I had already unlocked free shipping earlier in the day. (Think woot monkeys, turkey thermometers, canvas paint kits for children, other sub-$5 items.) I never would have bought any of those items if I would have had to pay for shipping on them, and I seriously doubt anybody else would have either. (Seriously, $5 shipping on a $2 or $3 item? Not gonna happen.)

So that's what it boils down to: if they were actually losing money shipping these kinds of items, their bottom line may improve. But I doubt that's actually the case. While they may have lost money shipping the occasional single item for free, that was likely offset by the more numerous impulse buys that they actually profited from.

jrdnmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdnmiller
moondigger wrote:There is only one possible scenario in which this improves their bottom line: if they were previously shipping lots of small orders (impulse purchases) at a loss. That may well be the case: there are plenty of times I bit on a cheap offer during a woot-off simply because I had already unlocked free shipping earlier in the day. (Think woot monkeys, turkey thermometers, canvas paint kits for children, other sub-$5 items.) I never would have bought any of those items if I would have had to pay for shipping on them, and I seriously doubt anybody else would have either. (Seriously, $5 shipping on a $2 or $3 item? Not gonna happen.)

So that's what it boils down to: if they were actually losing money shipping these kinds of items, their bottom line may improve. But I doubt that's actually the case. While they may have lost money shipping the occasional single item for free, that was likely offset by the more numerous impulse buys that they actually profited from.

Based on their relationship to Amazon, I'm sure they have a great relationship with FedEx and any other shipping company they work with. I think this is more geared towards increasing their average selling price with the hopes that people will bundle lots of different products together.

euphonywho

quality posts: 2 Private Messages euphonywho

I drove passed the winery on my way back from Mendocino last month, and was tempted to stop. This is a nice way to try them to see if I'll want to stop next time!

Has anyone else had this recently? Based on the cellartracker notes I'll still let it sit for another 2 years or so.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz
euphonywho wrote:I drove passed the winery on my way back from Mendocino last month, and was tempted to stop. This is a nice way to try them to see if I'll want to stop next time!

Has anyone else had this recently? Based on the cellartracker notes I'll still let it sit for another 2 years or so.

I ve been to geyser many times though never had this particular Reserve oFFER. i AM NOT A BIG FAN OF THEIR LOWER LEVEL WINES BECAUSE THEY ARE MASS PRODUCED AND GENERIC FOR MY TASTE. hOWEVER, I HAVE HAD THEIR BLOCK SELeCTIONS AND HAVE BEEN VERY pleased, especially their Petit Verdot. I suspect a Reserve bottling will be pleasing.

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

This is a price worth considering. Thanks for the reduction.

CT

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher
jrdnmiller wrote:Based on their relationship to Amazon, I'm sure they have a great relationship with FedEx and any other shipping company they work with. I think this is more geared towards increasing their average selling price with the hopes that people will bundle lots of different products together.

Based on that relationship - us (we?) with Amazon Prime memberships should get some shipping costs relief

Me no likey....

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank

Dang, I thought the Ardente at Woot Plus ended today. Guess it was last night.

fredrinaldi

ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Come on TT you really think were buying this???
This will definitely change my woot off buying.
In fact just yesterday I went back and bought more of the Ardente wines because I had free shipping.

fredrinaldi

Donfrank wrote:Dang, I thought the Ardente at Woot Plus ended today. Guess it was last night.

This morning 9 am CT
you know the phrase "The early bird......."

euphonywho

quality posts: 2 Private Messages euphonywho
losthighwayz wrote:I ve been to geyser many times though never had this particular Reserve oFFER. i AM NOT A BIG FAN OF THEIR LOWER LEVEL WINES BECAUSE THEY ARE MASS PRODUCED AND GENERIC FOR MY TASTE. hOWEVER, I HAVE HAD THEIR BLOCK SELeCTIONS AND HAVE BEEN VERY pleased, especially their Petit Verdot. I suspect a Reserve bottling will be pleasing.

Aren't the Block selections their lower level wines ($14-18)? Reserves seem to be $47-50 for current releases.

cortot20

euphonywho wrote:Aren't the Block selections their lower level wines ($14-18)? Reserves seem to be $47-50 for current releases.

Their price structure is
Varietal collection. Mostly California designates with a few bigger specific Ava's thrown in like Sonoma county. These are in the sub $20 range.

Then the block collection, which are smaller Ava's and vineyard designates and are priced from the mid 20's to low $40's.

Then the reserves, which are high $40's and up.

They have a few other lines but I would guess the three line ups above make up the bulk of their business.

CT

cortot20

lurcher wrote:Based on that relationship - us (we?) with Amazon Prime memberships should get some shipping costs relief

Me no likey....

But you already get free episodes of downtown abbey. You couldn't possibly need more than that.

CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
fredrinaldi wrote:Come on TT you really think were buying this???
In fact just yesterday I went back and bought more of the Ardente wines because I had free shipping.

Watch us protest the next woot-off, just because we refuse for 5$ shipping for each item.

Neal K Bharadwaj

geyserpeakwinery

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
euphonywho wrote:I drove passed the winery on my way back from Mendocino last month, and was tempted to stop. This is a nice way to try them to see if I'll want to stop next time!

We just tasted this with Ondine recently. Ah, the perks of the job! It's drinking quite nicely , so no worries if you want to open it now. Yes, will hold for 2-3 years as well. Enjoy!

geyserpeakwinery

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
cortot20 wrote:Their price structure is
Varietal collection. Mostly California designates with a few bigger specific Ava's thrown in like Sonoma county. These are in the sub $20 range.

Then the block collection, which are smaller Ava's and vineyard designates and are priced from the mid 20's to low $40's.

Then the reserves, which are high $40's and up.

They have. Few other lines but I would guess the three line ups above make up the bulk of their business.

Correct. Our current release Reserve Cabernet retails for $50, so this is a steal. 2006 was a very good vintage for us to boot!

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
fredrinaldi wrote:Come on TT you really think were buying this???

i'm with fred.. things have just been getting worse and worse around here.. this is close to a tipping point here for me. we'll see how this woot off goes in the next week, but if i don't get hooked, i think i'm done with woot.

i think i'm even more frustrated with the whole "don't sweat it, we're cool like you man" type of attitude in all of the write-ups, threads, and even this comment post submission page. bottom line is Amazon is slowly turning this once cool company in to a corporate mess.

allowing me to use my Prime membership towards these purchases (even if 2 day shipping could not be honored) would be the only way to keep me as a customer..

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
lurcher wrote:Based on that relationship - us (we?) with Amazon Prime memberships should get some shipping costs relief

Me no likey....

That is a good idea.....If you have Amazon Prime.....You should get free shipping.....

I like that.....Of course....Guess who is a member....LOL!

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22

I was going to go in on this after picking up a few other bottles today from the WootPlus, but here's where it went wrong:

I put the WootPlus bottles in the cart, which then popped up a warning saying something to the tune of "Quick! Buy the stuff in your cart before other people do and it all runs out!" -- so I did, not realising that this then stops you sharing the shipping cost with anything else you order today.

So no, I'm not going in for this now due to the extra shipping it would mean. These bottles are just on the edge of my price range and that blows it. I guess I could've read the rest of the website heralding the Brave New World of The Incredible Cart before hurrying through to complete the order, but I didn't, and the result is annoying, and now you get to read this long, boring and probably pointless rant.

fredrinaldi

nealkb wrote:Watch us protest the next woot-off, just because we refuse for 5$ shipping for each item.

next week

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cwc22 wrote:I was going to go in on this after picking up a few other bottles today from the WootPlus, but here's where it went wrong:

I put the WootPlus bottles in the cart, which then popped up a warning saying something to the tune of "Quick! Buy the stuff in your cart before other people do and it all runs out!" -- so I did, not realising that this then stops you sharing the shipping cost with anything else you order today.

So no, I'm not going in for this now due to the extra shipping it would mean. These bottles are just on the edge of my price range and that blows it. I guess I could've read the rest of the website heralding the Brave New World of The Incredible Cart before hurrying through to complete the order, but I didn't, and the result is annoying, and now you get to read this long, boring and probably pointless rant.

Reading is fundamental...and yes it was kind of a long post

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

nealkb

fredrinaldi wrote:next week

Living in California, and not too far from these wineries, I sometimes would rather just drive up there for a daycation and get these deals. Might just happen.

Neal K Bharadwaj

fredrinaldi

nealkb wrote:Living in California, and not too far from these wineries, I sometimes would rather just drive up there for a daycation and get these deals. Might just happen.

where in Calie?

nealkb

fredrinaldi wrote:where in Calie?

East Bay. Exactly one hour and 10 minutes from artesa/mondavi/carneros

Neal K Bharadwaj