$54.99 (Normally $98.85) 44% off List Price
2008 Riserva Noceto Sangiovese, Shenandoah Valley, California
2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM...

Seems like this SIWBM might be sending you over the edge

Another slam dunk for me IN

Thanks Woot!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca

This winery is a 30 minute drive from my house

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1
kylemittskus wrote:Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM... Bought the 4-pack and SIWBM...

Is this "Said I wouldn't buy more"?
Or, "Sangiovese is what beckons me"?

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

I wish I could trade my previously purchased 4 pack for this one. Anybody want to make that swap? Or take the two non-reserve off my hands for a nice intro to Noceto?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
ghyo1 wrote:Is this "Said I wouldn't buy more"?
Or, "Sangiovese is what beckons me"?

Self-Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium

Baby + losing an income to take care of said baby = SIWBM.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

JimofNoceto

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

Since you are nearby, come visit! If you call ahead, we'd be happy to give you and several friends, neighbors, or relatives a tour. It's a fun time in the cellar, as most of the new red wine is settling in and the 2011 are beginning to show what they may really be.
Jim

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I have purchased Noceto previously and they were memorable enough for me to order again and that is very rare. I am in for a couple.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Since I already have 14 bottles of Noceto on hand or on the way (thanks to woot!), my SIWBM is holding on this. Otherwise this would be close to an autobuy. (I've got 14 bottles because of it's past autobuy status.)

If you like Sangio this is great stuff. If you don't know if you like Sangio and would like to be introduced, this is a great opportunity to get acquainted.

jrehmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrehmann

I am quite new to Wine Woot - mind sharing what SIWBM stands for?
Thanks (From Ghana)
-Joe

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
jrehmann wrote:I am quite new to Wine Woot - mind sharing what SIWBM stands for?
Thanks (From Ghana)
-Joe

SIWBM = Self-Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium.

Sometimes you might see a reference to a SWMBOWBM. That is a "She Who Must Be Obeyed Wine Buying Moratorium".

jrehmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrehmann
noslensj wrote:SIWBM = Self-Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium.

Sometimes you might see a reference to a SWMBOWBM. That is a "She Who Must Be Obeyed Wine Buying Moratorium".

Hahaahah - Ok, I get it. They sound like terrible spells then. Something worse than Lent.

I'll start buying for my Xmas break back in the US... Thanks.

troman1056

quality posts: 2 Private Messages troman1056

Bought case the last time and have served 3 bottles and got nothing but raves. Love this stuff!!! In for 3 again.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Damn you woot. SIWBM as well. Why couldn't this just be the Resirva? I wanted to try some of that, but don't need more of the regular.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

good reviews, in for one

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

MD on the list of ship-to states but it isn't letting me check out? I kinda want this.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

GAH! If I didn't buy a case of the 2009 normale two weeks ago or whenever it was just here, I would be all over this one. First time buyers remorse as 6 of each would have been preferred especially for $15 more.

astondb4gtz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages astondb4gtz

Riserva is my favorite wine woot of all time. Thanks for bringing it back! So happy....

2006-2012: 7 Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s and lotsa other crappy stuff

creekhounds

quality posts: 2 Private Messages creekhounds
JimofNoceto wrote:...most of the new red wine is settling in and the 2011 are beginning to show what they may really be.
Jim

Jim, Are there any major differences between these wines and the previous years from the earlier woot offerings? Can you give us an idea of the drinking windows on these? I'd like to know how long I am going to pretend to keep them. Also a recipe for Pork Spiedini would be welcome.

Whatever, I am in for 2 because (despite my delusions that I would cellar a few) I enjoyed every one of my previous purchases. Thanks for giving us another chance.

JimofNoceto

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

Looking at the two wines, the 2009 Noceto Sangiovese is the 20th vintage our flagship wine. It is remarkably consistent year to year as it is targeted at mid-range plus Chianti Classico wines with a bit of California sun. The Riserva is selected lots attempting to be more California in style without forgetting the Tuscan roots. The 2008 Riserva is 100% estate grapes and while the lot selection is pretty stable, the wine continues to evolve vintage to vintage more than the Noceto or normale Sangiovese.
I believe both wines will benefit from cellaring and could last a decade or more. But, both are ready to drink now.
Hope that helps.
Jim

rxmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

Sorry, off topic, just poking my head in here to see if anyone knows if there will be any Blitzen this year. Big hit with the family last year, and shockingly it's all gone.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rxmurphy wrote:Sorry, off topic, just poking my head in here to see if anyone knows if there will be any Blitzen this year. Big hit with the family last year, and shockingly it's all gone.

I don't recall if there was any Blitzen left after last year's sales or not, but there should be a new Woot Cellars offering pretty soon (within the next week or two) if it plays out the same as the last few years.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Argh woot! If I hadn't *just bought a case of the Normale that you were selling just last week and then 2.5 weeks ago*, I would be in on this in a second. But that case already put me over my storage capacity. Sigh; would have preferred this deal since I have been known to love certain bottles of the risvera.

Anybody who has cellar space, you should be in for the max. Vino Noceto is one of the best QPR purchases you'll find on this site.

Sadly (very, very, very sadly!), I must pass due to lack of space and just having bought a case of the normale and not needing additional bottles of it.

creekhounds

quality posts: 2 Private Messages creekhounds
JimofNoceto wrote:...I believe both wines will benefit from cellaring and could last a decade or more. But, both are ready to drink now.
Hope that helps.
Jim

I will attempt to cellar a few although I have been spectacularly unsuccessful in the past. Thank you for your very helpful answer.

I think I'm in for a third order if I can do it.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I would purchase this, as Sangio is one of my favorites!! But, alas, I live in VA!!!!

valcich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valcich

Maryland is on the list for this wine, but I get a message "can't ship to that state" when I try to order.

May want to adjust the list, or allow shipment. I'm hoping for the latter. Don't care if you get in trouble.

valcich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valcich

Maryland is on the list for this wine, but I get a message "can't ship to that state" when I try to order.

May want to adjust the list, or allow shipment. I'm hoping for the latter. Don't care if you get in trouble.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

In for one, always a great wine and a great value.

sdilullo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sdilullo

I've skipped this before - don't think I'm going to be able to hold off this time... must... resist... don't... want... to...

Gah, if Scott's even telling us he's buying, this is beyond a no-brainer. SIWBM be damned!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

I've been trying so hard not to buy any wine since my lastbottlewine.com purchases from this summer showed up a couple weeks ago. However, I love sangiovese and all the comments from the various users are too much to resist. I knew I should've never read this discussion .

Edit:
Last Wooter to Woot:sdwindansea

I blame Scott Harvey for making me go in for two instead of one.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 208 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

a big fan of Vino Noceto both in the wine they produce and how they conduct business. Welcome back Suzie and Jim.

The Reserva is one of my favorites of all time.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I checked my account and all I have purchased this month is gourmet peanut butter cups. With encouraging comments from Mr. WD and Mr. Harvey, I am in for one and looking forward to it!
Cheers!

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

I've now been buying noceto wines for 4-5 years. Has anyone noticed upwardly trending fruit/alc? I used to think of them as more restrained.

Will think on it.

signed.

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

Always enjoyed Noceto wines over the years. I've been under a 6 month moratorium to make some more cellar room and I can't think of a better wine to start restocking

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Is anybody from Woot going to address the fact that Maryland is on the ship-to list but it isn't letting us check out? Two of us have asked already.

marvinbeaverdip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marvinbeaverdip

I bought this offering a couple years ago and really enjoyed it, so I jumped on the offering a couple weeks ago when it came up for 4.. kinda wish I had waited for this 2 and 2 combo.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
guzmantis wrote:Is anybody from Woot going to address the fact that Maryland is on the ship-to list but it isn't letting us check out? Two of us have asked already.

edited to update:
Sorry, Maryland is excluded. We've changed the states list to reflect that.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bobbygullett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbygullett

great wine for everyday consumption