CT links above

Winery website

Previous offers:
3/27/09
3/31/08

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

So this is 1001 for Cesare...doesn't that mean we should be getting some 1001 PN from Kent today?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 4th.

November
11/23: MN#?: Black Friday Retreat

December
TBD: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) for molarche (West LA/Culver City)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/24: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:So this is 1001 for Cesare...doesn't that mean we should be getting some 1001 PN from Kent today?

Pats on the back and kudos collected here for Cesare.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

No Virginia shipping again. Two days in a row. Is someone trying to tell me I have a drinking problem?

shiverdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiverdragon
Chargerrt500 wrote:No Virginia shipping again. Two days in a row. Is someone trying to tell me I have a drinking problem?

Probably has something to do with this: http://shipcompliantblog.com/blog/2012/11/02/virginia-and-third-parties-what-you-need-to-know-before-november-4/

Very sad for VA wine wooters

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad
Chargerrt500 wrote:No Virginia shipping again. Two days in a row. Is someone trying to tell me I have a drinking problem?

Actually, I think there has only been 1 wine this week that shipped to Virginia. Even the wine side deals did not ship to Virginia. Wondering if the laws have changed.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
klezman wrote:So this is 1001 for Cesare...doesn't that mean we should be getting some 1001 PN from Kent today?

Anything from Kent would be awesome. I don't think anything of his has been offered since January (SB). There was a teaser post after the RPM Tour (which I think Kent attended the gathering), but that has been several months now and still no KR offering.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr

Has anyone had this Cab? The Syrah has really positive reviews on CT, but the Cab and the merlot are enigmata.

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3

Have had these wines before and they are solid but initial thought is that the price point is not that much better than retail. Anyone have thoughts on that? For example, local (overpriced) grocery store prices the Syrah at $16.99 and has it "on sale" for $13.99 most of the time.

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

Is this Walla Walla fruit? If it is.....it would be dirt cheap.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
shiverdragon wrote:Probably has something to do with this: http://shipcompliantblog.com/blog/2012/11/02/virginia-and-third-parties-what-you-need-to-know-before-november-4/

For the love of wine!!! Don't make me do retail again!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad
vaaccess wrote:For the love of wine!!! Don't make me do retail again!

It seems that unless WOOT becomes an agricultural cooperative, they will not be able to act as a 3rd party supplier to VA. Wonder if this is affecting other wine sites.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:Anything from Kent would be awesome. I don't think anything of his has been offered since January (SB). There was a teaser post after the RPM Tour (which I think Kent attended the gathering), but that has been several months now and still no KR offering.

Kent is in that lucky few group where if his name is on it, it's probably going to sell out at full retail. While he has a fondness for us, he's got to make money, making offerings here...illogical at best. It seems like lately, he likes to craft small batch "experiments" and share them with us because he knows us and respects our willingness to openly accept new things. We're basically his guinea pigs, and we love him for it and he loves us for it! I like the arrangement. I'll support him at retail and take his off the wall offerings here for the learning experience.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

shiverdragon wrote:Probably has something to do with this: http://shipcompliantblog.com/blog/2012/11/02/virginia-and-third-parties-what-you-need-to-know-before-november-4/

VA's absence on the state list is associated with the connected link. Suffice to say we are working on a solution. Sorry VA and stay tuned.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:Anything from Kent would be awesome.

Working on it!

Just like we've been working on getting Dusted Valley back. Welcome back DV. This is a very respected northwest wine company. Very happy to have them.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
Winedavid39 wrote:VA's absence on the state list is associated with the connected link. Suffice to say we are working on a solution. Sorry VA and stay tuned.

Please please do-this is awful!!!!

cbraunel

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cbraunel
PTommins wrote:Is this Walla Walla fruit? If it is.....it would be dirt cheap.

This has a bit of our Walla Walla estate fruit blended in. However, Boomtown is always a true Washington State blend, working with vineyards throughout the Columbia Valley AVA.

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

Winedavid39 wrote:Working on it!

Just like we've been working on getting Dusted Valley back. Welcome back DV. This is a very respected wine northwest wine company. Very happy to have them.

Great to be back Wine.Woot!! Woot Woot!!

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

jrbw3 wrote:Have had these wines before and they are solid but initial thought is that the price point is not that much better than retail. Anyone have thoughts on that? For example, local (overpriced) grocery store prices the Syrah at $16.99 and has it "on sale" for $13.99 most of the time.

National average retail on the Boomtown reds is always around $15... $11.67 is a great price.

www.dustedvalley.com

schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr
cbraunel wrote:Great to be back Wine.Woot!! Woot Woot!!

Thanks for stopping by to edumacate us on your vino! How would you describe the Cab?

cbraunel

schaeferr wrote:Thanks for stopping by to edumacate us on your vino! How would you describe the Cab?

Thanks for the opportunity Schaeferr... The 2010 BT CS is a brand new release! The 2010 vintage of WA is stellar. It's a very balanced vintage. This is a medium bodied wine with already well integrated tannins. The fruit is generous and supported by beautiful acid making this a perfect wine for your dinner table. Enjoy!

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

So, I'm catching up on a few questions and comments on BT 6 pack... Thanks for your support Wooters. It's great to be back out here with you all.

I've got a question. How many Wahsington State Wines have you drank this year? Favorites? How or what would you compare them to? Thanks!

www.dustedvalley.com

North316

I almost forgot the one question I ask any Washington winery. Are you Mariners fans?

I am on a strict SIWBM, so 6 bottles is out of the question for me right now, however, is this distributed to any retailers anywhere in Ohio?

My CT

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus
cbraunel wrote:Thanks for the opportunity Schaeferr... The 2010 BT CS is a brand new release! The 2010 vintage of WA is stellar. It's a very balanced vintage. This is a medium bodied wine with already well integrated tannins. The fruit is generous and supported by beautiful acid making this a perfect wine for your dinner table. Enjoy!

I guess I'm in then. You people are like pushers! LOL;).

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
junkyfungus wrote:I guess I'm in then. You people are like pushers! LOL;).

they are not "pushers", they are enablers!!

cbraunel

North316 wrote:I almost forgot the one question I ask any Washington winery. Are you Mariners fans?

I am on a strict SIWBM, so 6 bottles is out of the question for me right now, however, is this distributed to any retailers anywhere in Ohio?

Made it to 2 M's games this year. Like baseball. Grew up a Brewers fan. Root for the M's. Tough one though... ;-)

Ohio. Yes. Cincy, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland... Distributed by Tramonte & Sons of Cincy. Thanks for spreading the word and asking for Dusted Valley Boomtown!

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

mommadeb1 wrote:they are not "pushers", they are enablers!!

I hereby enable you to drink great wine. Go forth and guzzle the Boomtown!

www.dustedvalley.com

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:I almost forgot the one question I ask any Washington winery. Are you Mariners fans?

Thanks for remembering, North!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

cbraunel wrote:Made it to 2 M's games this year. Like baseball. Grew up a Brewers fan. Root for the M's. Tough one though... ;-)

Ohio. Yes. Cincy, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland... Distributed by Tramonte & Sons of Cincy. Thanks for spreading the word and asking for Dusted Valley Boomtown!

I'll have my Cleveland people keep an eye out for this for me. Never understood why Tramonte distributes everywhere except Toledo.

My CT

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

That really blows! Can't believe VA has become so stick in the mud about this (the change in 3rd party shippers). I guess if they can't figure out a way to over tax it, they don't want VA residents to enjoy it.
Guess I will have to keep shipping to my DC office instead.

cbraunel

North316 wrote:I'll have my Cleveland people keep an eye out for this for me. Never understood why Tramonte distributes everywhere except Toledo.

Thanks. I hear you. Toledo. Home to my favorite minor league team. Toledo Mud Hens!!! Yay!!! Great name.

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

Attention: Wine Wooters in New Mexico and Vermont... If you are with us, join the party. You are the last two states to have a BT WINE WOOT that we can legally ship to. Let's bat 1.000 today!!!

www.dustedvalley.com

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
Winedavid39 wrote:VA's absence on the state list is associated with the connected link. Suffice to say we are working on a solution. Sorry VA and stay tuned.

Ugh...looking into Woot-legging options for me. What a PITA...but, Wine.Woot is worth it!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
cbraunel wrote:So, I'm catching up on a few questions and comments on BT 6 pack... Thanks for your support Wooters. It's great to be back out here with you all.

I've got a question. How many Wahsington State Wines have you drank this year? Favorites? How or what would you compare them to? Thanks!

I've been enjoying WA wines since visiting your neck of the woods in the Fall of 2009. I really like some of the small label syrahs (Sapolil Cellars, Va Piano) and the big cabs of course (Waters, Pepper Bridge). Since visiting & tasting, I've enjoyed a variety of wines from L'Ecole, Owen Roe, Three Rivers, a'Maurice, Dunham, McCrea, and K Vintners (Chas Smith). I really liked Nicholas Cole, but I heard his wife took ill and he had to close the winery. Very sad.

All in all, I think WA makes some of the highest quality and best value wines in the country. Plus, climate and soil variances allow for the production of a wide range of varietals. I'm looking forward to trying your BT juice !

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cbraunel wrote:So, I'm catching up on a few questions and comments on BT 6 pack... Thanks for your support Wooters. It's great to be back out here with you all.

Recently drank a DeLille Cellars Doyenne Syrah. Pretty delicious. Glad I have 1 more.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Over the last 6 months...

2007 Waters Syrah, 2005 or 06? Pepper Bridge Cab, 2010 Andrew Will Cabernet Franc/delicious bottle! and last night I was eyeballing a 2006 Nicholas Cole Cellars Reserve Cab that I bought when they closed the winery but believe it or not Kyle... I thought it was too young and put it back in the cellar.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cbraunel

PTommins wrote:I've been enjoying WA wines since visiting your neck of the woods in the Fall of 2009. I really like some of the small label syrahs (Sapolil Cellars, Va Piano) and the big cabs of course (Waters, Pepper Bridge). Since visiting & tasting, I've enjoyed a variety of wines from L'Ecole, Owen Roe, Three Rivers, a'Maurice, Dunham, McCrea, and K Vintners (Chas Smith). I really liked Nicholas Cole, but I heard his wife took ill and he had to close the winery. Very sad.

All in all, I think WA makes some of the highest quality and best value wines in the country. Plus, climate and soil variances allow for the production of a wide range of varietals. I'm looking forward to trying your BT juice !

Right on! You've enjoyed many great WA wines. After you enjoy our Boomtown be sure to look up our Dusted Valley labels as well. The DV labels are our Estate driven Walla Walla brand. Hope to see you in Walla Walla soon!

www.dustedvalley.com

cbraunel

tytiger58 wrote:Over the last 6 months...

2007 Waters Syrah, 2005 or 06? Pepper Bridge Cab, 2010 Andrew Will Cabernet Franc/delicious bottle! and last night I was eyeballing a 2006 Nicholas Cole Cellars Reserve Cab that I bought when they closed the winery but believe it or not Kyle... I thought it was too young and put it back in the cellar.

Good work tytiger. Andrew Will continues to be one of my favorite producers in the entire state. I hope you enjoy the Boomtown and are able to hunt down some of our Estate wines under the Dusted Valley label as well! Thanks for your support.

www.dustedvalley.com