$74.99 (Normally $138.25) 46% off List Price
2009 So Be It Pinot Noir
CT link above

Previous offer:
7/2/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
Cesare wrote:So Be It 2009 Pinot Noir 6-Pack
2009 So Be It Pinot Noir

1000. Congrats, Cesare

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
whatsamattaU wrote:1000. Congrats, Cesare

Im tempted to buy, just cuz its his thousandth!

Neal K Bharadwaj

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Folks this is a seriously good value play Pinot! I don't have more note with me, but this was excellent, and given this price if you like pinot this is a no brained. I'll post note later when I get home.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:Folks this is a seriously good value play Pinot! I don't have more note with me, but this was excellent, and given this price if you like pinot this is a no brained. I'll post note later when I get home.

When/where did you get to try this one?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

klezman wrote:When/where did you get to try this one?

Membership has its privileges

klezman

bsevern wrote:Membership has its privileges

I think DST ended at Woot HQ. Your post is from the future...it says "one hour from now" as the timestamp.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Congrats Cesare! 1000!

quality posts: 1000

CT

zortapa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zortapa

I still cannot find which states this wine can be shipped to using the new mobile version of this website. Any help would be appreciated.

DarkStar11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkStar11
zortapa wrote:I still cannot find which states this wine can be shipped to using the new mobile version of this website. Any help would be appreciated.

I wasn't able to find that info on the mobile version, either. Here's the list for this one:

California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

jbeg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbeg

No Ohio? First time I ever saw us cut out. Is it because everyone hates us for dominating the news cycle this election season??

meyer22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
jbeg wrote:No Ohio? First time I ever saw us cut out. Is it because everyone hates us for dominating the news cycle this election season??

It has nothing to do with the election, we all just hate Ohio period.

I'd love to hear some tasting notes/reviews of this s my wife is a Pinot lover and the price point is really good. Don't usually find many good to great Pinots at this price...

rjquillin

meyer22 wrote:It has nothing to do with the election, we all just hate Ohio period.

I'd love to hear some tasting notes/reviews of this s my wife is a Pinot lover and the price point is really good. Don't usually find many good to great Pinots at this price...

You did of course check out the previous offer link provided by Cesare?

CT

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Folks this is a seriously good value play Pinot! I don't have more note with me, but this was excellent, and given this price if you like pinot this is a no brained. I'll post note later when I get home.

So if we're going to compare budget to budget, any thoughts vs. The Other Guys Pennywise 2009 PN that a certain mag and SH rated 90 best buy?
I'd like to think this is significantly better.

CT

grapenutz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grapenutz

Is this made by Sequana?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
grapenutz wrote:Is this made by Sequana?

Shhhh... be very quiet.

http://www.winewatch.com/previous-offers-list/rhone-wine-tasting-at-wine-watch-north-vs-south-wednesday-january-26th-7pm-po915/

References the 2008:

This is the handy work of Grapewagon Corporation aka Hess, James MacPhail but we are not supposed say that Sequana is his label, this entry level Pinot Noir offering up a good amount of black raspberry and cherry berry fruit very appealing bouquet with some pretty floral notes. A nice meaty almost new leather quality to the palate with a good amount of black spices and light smoky character to the finish, a nice amount of Pinot Noir character to the finish. Finish 35+ Very Good +

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rckwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckwoot

Alas, no shipping to CT. So be it.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:So if we're going to compare budget to budget, any thoughts vs. The Other Guys Pennywise 2009 PN that a certain mag and SH rated 90 best buy?
I'd like to think this is significantly better.

I haven't had the Pennywise, but I can say that this is solid juice for the price. I find that many Pinots in this price range are hard to swallow, but this is actually quite tasty. A nice everyday Pinot for $12.50 a bottle.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

2009 So Be It Pinot Noir
CT link above

Previous offer:
7/2/12

Congratulations Cesare!!

klezman

This is sufficiently intriguing that I'd take two bottles if somebody wants to split. But I'm not supposed to be buying wine. But it does sound interesting.

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500
whatsamattaU wrote:1000. Congrats, Cesare

Long live cesare

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500
neilfindswine wrote:I haven't had the Pennywise, but I can say that this is solid juice for the price. I find that many Pinots in this price range are hard to swallow, but this is actually quite tasty. A nice everyday Pinot for $12.50 a bottle.

Neil
Any comparison to swaimi pinot?(it was12.50 per bottle too)

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

mandoo500 wrote:Neil
Any comparison to swaimi pinot?(it was12.50 per bottle too)

I recall the swami having a little edge-a smoky/graphite note. This has a more pure fruit- no graphite. But decent acidity and well-balanced.

kunderscoreuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kunderscoreuy
jbeg wrote:No Ohio? First time I ever saw us cut out. Is it because everyone hates us for dominating the news cycle this election season??

I was wondering this myself for Louisiana, which is usually on the list, and found this information:

"Wineries must have a direct shipping permit in order to ship to consumers in Louisiana. The annual fee is $150 and direct shippers are required to pay sales and excise taxes and file monthly reports. However, beginning January 1, 2012 Louisiana will transition to quarterly reporting periods."

I'm guessing that was the issue here for Louisiana.

Ohio's says:

"Direct shipping to Ohio consumers is permitted for licensed wineries that produce less than 250,000 gallons per year. The Direct Shipper must make a “bona fide” effort to ensure that the customer is over 21 years old."

I wonder if this winery is simply too prolific.

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

No Virginia shipping. That's a bummer. I'm out of Pinot.

bsevern

I found my tasting notes, over two nights of tasting:

Nose of dark fruit, candied bing cherry, earth, nice floral components.

On the palate the fruit is very tasty, not an old world pinot for sure, but not an over the top fruit bomb either. Lots of dark cherry, forest floor, bit of mushroom typically associated with Sonoma Coast fruit, nice acidity, and a nice spicy finish. The finish was medium plus, and there were nice layers to the wine which is something I really look for in a quality Pinot.

IMHO this is a wine if you paid $30 for at the store or winery you would not be disappointed. For $13 a bottle, if you like Pinot, this is a no brainer.

hex706f726368

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hex706f726368

No AZ? Thanks for helping me save my money, I guess. :|

lassow

quality posts: 133 Private Messages lassow

Couldn't pass up on a good sub $15 PN. Will this ship in time to let it rest a month before late December?

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

meyer22

rjquillin wrote:You did of course check out the previous offer link provided by Cesare?

I most assuredly did, just wanted to hear any new thoughts. Based on some of the posts today I will be in for sure...

meyer22

bsevern wrote:I found my tasting notes, over two nights of tasting:

On the palate the fruit is very tasty, not an old world pinot for sure, but not an over the top fruit bomb either. Lots of dark cherry, forest floor, bit of mushroom typically associated with Sonoma Coast fruit, nice acidity, and a nice spicy finish. The finish was medium plus, and there were nice layers to the wine which is something I really look for in a quality Pinot.

IMHO this is a wine if you paid $30 for at the store or winery you would not be disappointed. For $13 a bottle, if you like Pinot, this is a no brainer.

Thanks much for the review and notes, this puts it over the top. My wife will be most pleased to have a quality everyday Pinot at this price. Long live WD!!!!!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

lassow wrote:Couldn't pass up on a good sub $15 PN. Will this ship in time to let it rest a month before late December?

...it should...

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
bsevern wrote:I found my tasting notes, over two nights of tasting:

thanks b, this put me over the line. In for 1.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun

C'mon now, how about an 'obvious' consideration: How does this pinot pair with the Beehive cheese (and other foods--please be specific...recipes?!?) I'm looking at a multiple purchase (=shipping savings); thanks!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

takethefarmandrun wrote:C'mon now, how about an 'obvious' consideration: How does this pinot pair with the Beehive cheese (and other foods--please be specific...recipes?!?) I'm looking at a multiple purchase (=shipping savings); thanks!

Not sure about the Beehive (I didn't get to try any!!), but this Pinot would be great with roast pork or grilled salmon... Even a roasted chicken. Or by itself...!

takethefarmandrun

neilfindswine wrote:Not sure about the Beehive (I didn't get to try any!!), but this Pinot would be great with roast pork or grilled salmon... Even a roasted chicken. Or by itself...!

Neil, do you have an accompanying fav roast pork/chix/grilled salmon recipe that you're willing to share?!?

takethefarmandrun

BTW, I like my pinot every which way: alone, with somewhat lighter fare...with my favorite wife...

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

takethefarmandrun wrote:Neil, do you have an accompanying fav roast pork/chix/grilled salmon recipe that you're willing to share?!?

I've been really digging the salmon on a cedar plank OR salmon cut into small pieces and wrapped with veggies in cedar paper. The cedar paper deals are really cool from a presentation standpoint- (you lay the salmon peice alongside some carrots and green onions and then wrap them and tie them with the green onion stem)- I found the recipie online by googling it (after finding the cedar paper in a forgotten gift basket my wife had gotten me last year).

Pork- I like to pan sear a tenderloin and then oven roast it with aromatic herbs- rosemary etc. if you serve it with an orange marmalade sauce, that might be a problem for the Pinot, but So Be It....!

takethefarmandrun

neilfindswine wrote:I've been really digging the salmon on a cedar plank OR salmon cut into small pieces and wrapped with veggies in cedar paper. The cedar paper deals are really cool from a presentation standpoint- (you lay the salmon peice alongside some carrots and green onions and then wrap them and tie them with the green onion stem)- I found the recipie online by googling it (after finding the cedar paper in a forgotten gift basket my wife had gotten me last year).

Pork- I like to pan sear a tenderloin and then oven roast it with aromatic herbs- rosemary etc. if you serve it with an orange marmalade sauce, that might be a problem for the Pinot, but So Be It....!

I'm really into your suggestions...& it's the first I've heard of cedar papers--I'll check it out. Have you ever tried coating the salmon in mayo and laying on bacon strips before baking...it locks in the moisture and adds that salty bacon flavor (you know the one)...! Of course, there's always homemade lax...as only Scandinavians truly know.

Regarding the pork: EXACTLY!...sear to lock in the juices...& a reduction makes a great gravy, too! Thanks!

And everyone else, please chime in!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

takethefarmandrun wrote:Have you ever tried coating the salmon in mayo and laying on bacon strips before baking...it locks in the moisture and adds that salty bacon flavor (you know the one)...!

Bacon is never wrong; and if it is... well, I don't want to be right...