WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Clos LaChance

A party with one kind of wine isn't a party. Well, technically it is, but not the sort of party at which you'll want to be seen… let alone be seen throwing. Snag some of these Clos LaChance multi-packs for a nice variety of wine and let your guests can be catty about something else. Like maybe your horrible taste in cheese.
Clos LaChance official site

Twitter
Facebook

Quality Posts

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Clos LaChance 2008 Estate Grenache 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $90.00) 33% off List Price
2008 Estate Grenache

Clos LaChance 2008 Estate Syrah 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $120.00) 38% off List Price
2008 Estate Syrah

Clos LaChance 2010 Reserve Muscat Blanc 5-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $80.00) 25% off List Price
2010 Reserve Muscat Blanc

Clos LaChance 2007 Late Harvest Semillon – Nectar Half-Bottle 6-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $60.00) 17% off List Price
2007 Late Harvest Semillon - Nectar
CT links above

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Cesare

quality posts: 1588 Private Messages Cesare

Muscat on CT

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

North316

Cesare wrote:Muscat on CT

Updated. Thanks.

My CT

North316

Interested to know what the Residual Sugar is on both the Muscat Blanc and the LH Semillon. If I wasn't on a very recent NC&CWBM (New Car & Cooler) I would be very interested in both.

My CT

cdurzyclos

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdurzyclos
North316 wrote:Interested to know what the Residual Sugar is on both the Muscat Blanc and the LH Semillon. If I wasn't on a very recent NC&CWBM (New Car & Cooler) I would be very interested in both.

2007 Nectar = 13.5g/L
2010 Muscat = 0.22g/L
:-)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Micromanager!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

kylemittskus wrote:Micromanager!

I knew not to even try and create the page myself or he would get mad when I did it wrong hah.

My CT

kylemittskus

Does the Nectar seem like a stupid deal to anyone else? $9/btl for real, Botrytis-ized grapes?

I don't need 6 bottles, but seems hard to pass up...

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
kylemittskus wrote:Does the Nectar seem like a stupid deal to anyone else? $9/btl for real, Botrytis-ized grapes?

I know - I'm struggling with the same thing. I have some 2007 Sauternes that cost 3 times as much. I'm thinking I can't pass this up. And it would be an interesting comparison.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

North316

kylemittskus wrote:Does the Nectar seem like a stupid deal to anyone else? $9/btl for real, Botrytis-ized grapes?

I agree, but it also makes me wonder why it is only $10 retail. Experiment being sold at cost?

My CT

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:I agree, but it also makes me wonder why it is only $10 retail. Experiment being sold at cost?

Not sure. $9 seems like an insane deal ($10 retail). So... why the insane deal?

cdurzyclos

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdurzyclos
kylemittskus wrote:Not sure. $9 seems like an insane deal ($10 retail). So... why the insane deal?

To be honest, we made WAY to much the first two vintages. We thought we would be able to sell it to distributors...and unfortunately, the market doesn't really get this style of wine from California outside of high end wine dinners. It sells realy well out of the Tasting Room, but there is only so much we can move annually based on the number of vistors we get. I had a bottle this weekend with some cannolis and it was tasty.

kylemittskus

cdurzyclos wrote:To be honest, we made WAY to much the first two vintages. We thought we would be able to sell it to distributors...and unfortunately, the market doesn't really get this style of wine from California outside of high end wine dinners. It sells realy well out of the Tasting Room, but there is only so much we can move annually based on the number of vistors we get. I had a bottle this weekend with some cannolis and it was tasty.

Hmm... Did you take notes? (Understanding that they might be a little biased, of course. )

North316

cdurzyclos wrote:To be honest, we made WAY to much the first two vintages. We thought we would be able to sell it to distributors...and unfortunately, the market doesn't really get this style of wine from California outside of high end wine dinners. It sells realy well out of the Tasting Room, but there is only so much we can move annually based on the number of vistors we get. I had a bottle this weekend with some cannolis and it was tasty.

As Kyle requested, any recent notes would be awesome. Given this style, I'm guessing that if properly cellar-ed this stuff will late for a long time? Also, what is the consistency of it, is it syrupy at all?

My CT

kathyyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathyyu

But the Nectar is only 375ml, half of reguar bottle size. Is it still a good deal?

North316

kathyyu wrote:But the Nectar is only 375ml, half of reguar bottle size. Is it still a good deal?

Dessert wine is generally sold in 375ml bottles, as you usually drink smaller servings. If this stuff is any good, it is probably a good deal.

My CT

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman

I may be able to split with you...consulting with molarchae...

I think one reason it's likely cheaper is that the botrytis seems to be seeded rather than purely natural (i.e. hoping it happens).

Edit: Kyle, if you want to split then molarchae and I would be happy to collectively take 3 or 4.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jackiecanev2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jackiecanev2

13.5g/L = 1.35% RS

Did you mean 13.5%, by chance? 1.35% would certainly take it out of dessert category and into off-dry to off-sweet, by most standards.

cdurzyclos wrote:2007 Nectar = 13.5g/L
2010 Muscat = 0.22g/L
:-)

kylemittskus

I've decided I'm in on the Nectar. I'm just going to wait and see if something on wine.woot (or any other site) pops up so I can get the $5 all-day shipping. I'm hoping, since the winery said they way over-produced, that this should stick around for the long haul.

mibuwolf83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mibuwolf83

I'm definitely in for two! Like Kyle, I'm going to wait and see what else pops up. I'm excited to finally try the dessert wine. I was really tempted to purchase their Viognier from the website, too, since Gary V. gave it such a great review. Clos LaChance, I hope you continue to provide great deals here on Woot.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:I've decided I'm in on the Nectar. I'm just going to wait and see if something on wine.woot (or any other site) pops up so I can get the $5 all-day shipping. I'm hoping, since the winery said they way over-produced, that this should stick around for the long haul.

Was that in for yourself or in to share? Either is fine with me!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Was that in for yourself or in to share? Either is fine with me!

I'd be happy to earmark some for you, my friend. Two or three?

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
North316 wrote:

Clos LaChance 2008 Estate Syrah 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $1120.00) 38% off List Price
2008 Estate Syrah

I think that's a bit more than 38% off ;)

If only that MSRP # was correct, we'd be able to say WD had really outdone himself, hehehe.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Um, at .22 g/L of residual sugar, the Muscat is a dry wine, not a dessert wine as is stated in the CT entry.

Dry Muscat is wonderful, heady stuff. I'm afraid I'm in for 2.

brle10415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brle10415

Nectar - in for (1). Sounds yummy!

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Alcohol on the Nectar?

North316

kaolis wrote:Alcohol on the Nectar?

By definition (table wine) it had less than 14%. It is not quite fully in the picture, but the label appears to read 13. something percent. Hope that helps.

My CT

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:I'd be happy to earmark some for you, my friend. Two or three?

Cool...thank you. Molarchae and I will take three, then. I'll add it to my (ever growing) ledger.

amaizing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaizing

What's a recommended serving temperature for something like this?

kylemittskus

amaizing wrote:What's a recommended serving temperature for something like this?

The Nectar? Cellar temperature. Somewhere around 55 degrees F.

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Cool...thank you. Molarchae and I will take three, then. I'll add it to my (ever growing) ledger.

Added to mine too, along with Tyger and Cortot. Every single one is us is a damn, dirty enabler.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kylemittskus wrote:Added to mine too, along with Tyger and Cortot. Every single one is us is a damn, dirty enabler.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm just hanging out, really.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:Added to mine too, along with Tyger and Cortot. Every single one is us is a damn, dirty enabler.

Yup, I've got you, merbill, tenuki, rjquillen, and tytiger on my list already. Sheesh. And I should have brought tenuki's bottle up north with me this trip. Oops.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
North316 wrote:By definition (table wine) it had less than 14%. It is not quite fully in the picture, but the label appears to read 13. something percent. Hope that helps.

Thanks! That helps much, your eyes are better than mine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

We had some of the Nectar tonight at the RPM gathering, and it was mighty fine. Delish!

So I ordered some, even thought I really don't have room. But based on comments in the RPM thread, I'm going to need more room anyway!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:We had some of the Nectar tonight at the RPM gathering, and it was mighty fine. Delish!

So I ordered some, even thought I really don't have room. But based on comments in the RPM thread, I'm going to need more room anyway!

Thanks for the note, Sparky.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:Yup, I've got you, merbill, tenuki, rjquillen, and tytiger on my list already. Sheesh. And I should have brought tenuki's bottle up north with me this trip. Oops.

1 or 2 of these and we'd be almost even....just sayin'

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

kylemittskus

merbill wrote:1 or 2 of these and we'd be almost even....just sayin'

If you two want to split the order, that's fine with me. I'll split my order with my mom.

Let me know.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
kylemittskus wrote:If you two want to split the order, that's fine with me. I'll split my order with my mom.

Let me know.

That'll be up to Klez, and right now I think he's partying his @$$ off at the WineFarm.

I am SO jealous.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919